~~ Official Call of Duty: Ghosts Wii U Discussion ~~

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Anyone up for some Ghosts this week? I will be up for a few rounds, provided my Internet stops crapping out every 5 minutes.
Possibly, but cannot make promises. I'll be out of town Thursday through Saturday, and I'll be busy during the evenings Monday through Wednesday.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I have to do some work tonight, and I'm usually out on Friday night wiht my buddies, but I imagine Saturday and Sunday I'll be good to play late night.

Hold on a second, I remembered my brother might actually visit. If he does I doubt I'll be able to play, but I don't know if he's visiting yet, either. So basically, if my bro visits me I won't be able to play, if he doesn't then I will. I'll post here tomorrow to see what's up.

Koenig

The Architect
I have noticed something while playing lately: It seems that most of the players who camp in corners use the same basic layout, that is to say the Honey badger, Extra Lethals, IED's, Danger Close, and Guard Dogs.

Koenig

The Architect
I am trying to get the MAAWs patch (Shoot down 25 aircraft with the MAAWs rocket launcher)

Is it sad that I am running and subsequently switching to and from both assault and support killstreaks so that I can call in a helicopter and then shoot it down with the MAAWs?

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Call of Bunny Hop is inbound.

Damnit, how do they do it? Every year, I think "eh, it's just the same COD bullshit."

And it always IS the same bullshit.

But they change the wrapper they serve their bullshit in just enough to make it look like different bullshit. COD getting its TitanFall agility on actually looks fun.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
Call of Bunny Hop is inbound.

Damnit, how do they do it? Every year, I think "eh, it's just the same COD bullshit."

And it always IS the same bullshit.

But they change the wrapper they serve their bullshit in just enough to make it look like different bullshit. COD getting its TitanFall agility on actually looks fun.

that looked fucking awesome. goddammit. fine.

Okay actually watched it. Reminds me of Quake style arena shooters.

But like ET said, despite how good it looks, it's gonna be the same thing, just with higher jumps and a side stepping mechanics. They'll fix some issues with Ghosts, but introduce new issues to be fixed in Black Ops 3

EvilTw1n

that looked fucking awesome. goddammit. fine.
Yep, this was pretty much my exact reaction.
Okay actually watched it. Reminds me of Quake style arena shooters.

But like ET said, despite how good it looks, it's gonna be the same thing, just with higher jumps and a side stepping mechanics. They'll fix some issues with Ghosts, but introduce new issues to be fixed in Black Ops 3
I fully expect them to cock it up. They almost always do. But damnit, it does look fun.
If it's on Wii U, it's mine, that was always the deal. If it isn't, I'd rather keep playing Titanfall on PC.
If it comes to Wii U, I think I might have to trade in BO2 and Ghosts. I can't justify having that much COD in my collection anymore.
Does anyone still play Ghosts? I have not seen anyone online for the past few weeks.
Yeah, Ghosts just isn't in heavy rotation right now. Everyone migrated over to Mario Kart, with some of us Monster Hunter noobs playing it instead. Some games just get left behind every now and then, only to go like gangbusters again later. Hell, ever since someone mentioned NFS a few nights ago in MH, I've been wanting to get back behind the wheel on it.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
@Mike D.

If it does come to WiiU I like your idea of trading in Ghost and BLOPS2 because really.

And yeah I'm not feeling Ghost right now. Actually I'm feeling more BLOPS2 right IF I was to play one at all.

I haven't watched any videos but there is no doudt this probably looks very fun.

Damn that looked nice chewy action shootery. Fuck, I dont want to buy it. Maybe wont have to make the choice if Wii U doesnt get the game.
Yeah haha, I wouldn't mind if my choice was made easy.

Perhaps I'll trade in Ghosts and Blops as well. But as always, you guys will be my beta testers and let me know how good it is

Then the honeymoon will fade and it'll be back to "wtf is this"

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
That is funny, but I have to be anal about this. I never really enjoyed Black Ops 2. I only played it because TNE played it, and even then I kept complaining about how much of a bullshit game it was. I barely even touched Modern Warfare 3 the year before that. For me, every Call of Duty game I've heard myself say "it's not as good as Modern Warfare" or "it's not as good as Black Ops (1)".

But now with Ghosts, I seriously think it's the best COD since MW, if not better than MW as well. The reason is the fact that teamwork is what makes the game work. And the few private TDM matches we had between different members of TNE prove that to me. Those were the most intense, tactical matches I've ever played in any COD, where every call out and good shot made the difference at the end.

Man, I really don't understand why y'all don't like Ghosts like I do.

I just find Ghosts bland.

Since MW1 I've always used multiple weapons. World At War I could switch between 8 I think and still win a game myself. One round I remember I went 55 and 11.

Ghosts I just can't do anything. It's more balanced, and while I'm happy about that, it also comes weirdly full circle. It's balanced so it seems like skill isn't as big a factor (ironically). Idk hard to explain, but Ghosts isn't that exciting to me.

I hate the fact AW looks fun and good. It's amazing how much a game can change simply by adding a high jump

Now that I think about it, I should like it a lot. It's a bit slower in pace which I find refreshing, ever since MW2 the series just can't calm the fuck down. But it's weird when one game is on a large map and I can't find anyone, then it goes to a small map and it's classic CoD.

Then again, that game I had on Nuketown 2025 was absolute chaos.

Maybe I'm just burned out.

EvilTw1n

Man, I really don't understand why y'all don't like Ghosts like I do.
I do.

To me, it's easily on par with the original Black Ops. That puts it one step behind COD4, which is a pretty darn good place for a COD game to be.
Ghosts I just can't do anything. It's more balanced, and while I'm happy about that, it also comes weirdly full circle. It's balanced so it seems like skill isn't as big a factor (ironically). Idk hard to explain, but Ghosts isn't that exciting to me.
Perhaps it's the lack of huge swings in each match. Ghosts is really a level playing field. Yes, you're going to have some bullshit deaths. It's unavoidable with that spawn system. Strategy and pace matters.

But it doesn't have that wild streak. In BO2, I can go 28-4 in one match, and then follow that up with a 5-15. That never happens to me in Ghosts, and thus I never have the same high of absolutely wrecking a match.
I hate the fact AW looks fun and good. It's amazing how much a game can change simply by adding a high jump
Yeah, same here. I've watched the video again, and I'm swearing at the screen. Why the fuck do you have to look so fun, COD?

^ Yeah that's true. Most games I'm hovering around 10-15 kills and 10 deaths or so. My k/d ratio (yes I check that shit every now and then) is around 1.31-ish.

Maybe it's me using twin sticks. I'm a lazy man who enjoys lying down, but next time we play I might give the old college try again. Maybe I'll enjoy it more.

In fact, I'm gonna pop it in now and try to get the sweet spot with IR aiming.

Good job donut

Koenig

The Architect
One thing that has always infuriated me is how each game comes so close to perfecting the design of the series, and then takes 10 steps backwards. Using CoD4 as a base(Which remains my favorite of the series) MW2 improved on it by expanding on the weapon selection and killstreaks, however it was held back by broken combo's and overpowered killstreaks. Black Ops improved the majority of weapons and killstreaks but its map design also a took a step back (Though still good by most accounts) MW3 made minor refinements but still fell into the trappings of the previous two games in both map design and weapon balance. BO2 nailed kill streaks on top of the head, but its map and weapon balance left much to be desired and felt like a complete cluster-f*$! even when compared to past games. Ghosts made further improvements to the class creation system and returned to more versatile maps, however the former was hampered by poor weapon and killstreak balance and the latter was made obsolete by what is easily the worst spawn system ever conceived in CoD's history.

I know I know, campaign lol.

If jumping around on trucks and overpass signs, ripping doors off cars for shield isn't the traditional "you can only use this in 2 levels" like most gameplay mechanics in recent memory, then they may have something here.

Dem graphics

Anyone up for a few rounds tonight or sometime the week? I wanna try my wii remote setup online

Koenig

The Architect
I have been waiting to do some rounds for the mast month; name the time and ill be there! (Granted it is between Tuesday and Thursday, as I will moving out on Friday)

EvilTw1n

I know I know, campaign lol.

If jumping around on trucks and overpass signs, ripping doors off cars for shield isn't the traditional "you can only use this in 2 levels" like most gameplay mechanics in recent memory, then they may have something here.

Dem graphics

Anyone up for a few rounds tonight or sometime the week? I wanna try my wii remote setup online
Well, certainly glad that the campaign is still horse shit. Run down corridor, pick off enemies, wait for cut scene, interspersed with stupid screen shakes. Oh, COD, you just so visceral, ain't ya? Those smart grenades are going to be annoying as shit, too.

There's real potential in the jump mechanic, though. Before, I thought it was an obvious play on TitanFall. But seeing it in action? It's more like a double jump. Sort of like they grafted the space jump from Prime into COD. That could be fun.

If you wanna roll tonight for a few rounds, I'm game, but it'll have to be a bit early. I need to get to bed at a damn reasonable hour tonight.

Well, certainly glad that the campaign is still horse shit. Run down corridor, pick off enemies, wait for cut scene, interspersed with stupid screen shakes. Oh, COD, you just so visceral, ain't ya? Those smart grenades are going to be annoying as shit, too.

There's real potential in the jump mechanic, though. Before, I thought it was an obvious play on TitanFall. But seeing it in action? It's more like a double jump. Sort of like they grafted the space jump from Prime into COD. That could be fun.

If you wanna roll tonight for a few rounds, I'm game, but it'll have to be a bit early. I need to get to bed at a damn reasonable hour tonight.

I can play a few. When? Same with Koenig

And yeah, the single player from what I saw is still corridor shooting, but as far as corridor shooting goes, it looks pretty neat. Those grenades, something needs to be done with them for multiplayer, or else it looks like it'll be the most annoying thing ever in a CoD game so far.

And Prime! I was doing dishes earlier and remember I played a game with side-dashing and high jumping. I was trying to remember what it was forever, but there ya go. Metroid Fucking Prime: Advance Warfare :p