~~ Official Call of Duty: Ghosts Wii U Discussion ~~

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Man, I would, but I just got home from a long day at work and ate dinner looking at the forum. I'm probably knackered for this evening, but soon we'll roll again.

EvilTw1n

Has anyone played the early access stuff for Verdun on PC?

We need to get @Menashe to send a message to the developers or something, because this looks like a neat change of pace.

Last edited:

EvilTw1n

Not that it matters, I suppose, but....

There will also be some other features and functionality built specifically for the new generation of consoles that cannot be supported on Xbox 360 and PS3. We'll be sharing more information regarding feature differences from one console generation to another later this year as launch on November 6 approaches. Also, it should be noted that there's no version of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 for Nintendo Wii U planned.

https://blog.activision.com/communi...ops-3-is-coming-to-xbox-360-and-playstation-3

Hah! Publishers usually like to at least play coy. They don't often go out of their way to say "oh yeah, that isn't gonna happen."

Splatoon and Devil's Third are gonna be the shooters of choice for a long time, of course, but COD always has that sort of Taco Bell appeal to it (convenient, good enough, makes you appreciate really good food even more).

GaemzDood

makes you appreciate really good food even more).
If we're comparing Call of Duty to other blockbuster shooters, it's way more polished and optimized. Battlefield: Hardline looks way worse, runs worse, and is 900p/720p. I expect Star Wars: Battlefront to suffer from the 2nd and 3rd issues while Call of Duty trounces it in that regard.

That said, I think you should look into Rainbow Six: Siege. I think you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of it despite the P2P servers.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

EvilTw1n

Bumping because these two from Yahoo's "best and worst" COD list are hilarious:

-Call of Duty: Ghosts (2013)

The first Call of Duty to land on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, Ghosts didn't live up to the promise of next-gen gaming. Its multiplayer was an uninspired mix of too-familiar modes and features, while its single-player campaign's only innovation was a canine companion you could sic on your enemies. Its Extinction mode put a fun, alien-infestation twist on co-op, but even these evil E.T.s couldn't save Ghosts from feeling like a stopgap until the “real” next-gen Call of Duty was ready.

-Any Call of Duty on the Wii

We couldn’t pick just one. While the Nintendo Wii's arm-flailing tech was great for bowling with your grandparents, it lacked the precision required to shoot Call of Duty's evildoers in the face. Playing any Call of Duty on the Wii also meant you'd be treated to sub-par graphics, fewer modes, rickety online functionality, and ridicule from friends who were playing superior versions on an Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeah.

I can see why game reviewers are more impressed with COD post-AW (with its better movement mechanics and cybernetics) as a "next-gen" experience, but c'mon. Death match is death match, all COD single players are (at best) mediocre, and at least Ghosts had some interesting map designs.

And the laughable-ness that is "IR wasn't precise enough for COD" goes without saying.

I still commend the IGN Nintendo team from back then for upholding that IR was the superior, or at least potentially superior control method, at one point mentioning that if we dock points for graphics maybe the other teams should dock points for having an inferior control method.
Even if I prefer my sticks and I am the best player in the Nintendo COD Universe, I accept that I would probably be twice as great if I used IR. Anyone who cant get used to it or understand its advantages has some serious gaming issues.

Yahoo has always been anti-Nintendo clickbait, its fucking hilarious that they still uphold that tradition today. Those sound like they are written by twelve year olds.

Koenig

The Architect
Why the hell did Nintendo abandon the IR component? If there was only one thing they could have taken from the Wii, it should have been the IR sensor. It has the most potential out of any recent controller innovations, aside from the fact that it works well and is far less fiddly than a motion sensor and less cumbersome than a touch screen controller.

*Rant*

Switching over to gyroscope or back to dual analogue controls feels like such a monumental step backwards.

Goodtwin

What makes it worse is the fact BO3 is on 360/ps3, and they are doing so at 30fps. They are willing to make the compromise now, but wouldn't give us a 30 frame cap option in Ghost of BO2. Not to mention dropping down to 30 cos would make a port to Wii U much easier. Almost 11 million Wii I'd out there, and they still choose to ignore it. At one time I was optimistic about BO3 showing up for Wii U thanks to Treyarch, but no go. I guess even with a user base not to far behind the X1, they don't believe they can make money on the platform.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Goodtwin

Any interest in playing Ghost tonight? I know Eviltwin and I are going to play somthing, and are looking to see if we can put a group together.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

BobSilencieux

I guess even with a user base not to far behind the X1, they don't believe they can make money on the platform.
Ubisoft recently released data that showed that only 1% of their sales in the last 6 months came from the Wii U, with 12% being from XBone. 2% from the original Wii and 27% from the PS4. So I guess Activision is probably reporting the same kind of numbers, and just not finding it worth their while to put these games on the Wii U...

Koenig

The Architect
Any interest in playing Ghost tonight? I know Eviltwin and I are going to play somthing, and are looking to see if we can put a group together.

Sent from my SM-G360V using genital warts
Possibly. It all depends on what I am doing at the time you guys are on; I would loathe to miss a chance to play with the crew again, but I just don't know what I will be doing later tonight.