Official Super Smash Brothers Wii U/3DS Thread

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
I wonder what characters and features they'll announce? Personally, aside from online voice chat and other online features, I really want the ability to use your own music library for stages. That would be awesome for me!

Twist: Nintendo Announces MOTHER 3 on GBA VC, Lucas confirmed.

Also, SMASH BROS DIRECT ON THE 8TH BAH GAWD

I'd shit my pants. Seriously. I word fornicate the fuck out of my pants.

More seriousness, I find it weird how Smash is getting a direct now. I mean, MK 8 is their next game on U, I would think they would focus on that. Maybe this means Smash Bros is releasing sooner than expected?

SMASH 4 SUMMER CONFIRMED.

Ex-Actarus

WOW !!!

To have a specific Super Smash Bros Direct can only mean 1 thing...

The game is coming sooner than we expected.

Now, here is my impression.

They're going to release Super Smash Bros for 3DS this summer and keep Super Smash bros for Wii U for later in 2014.

I would not like this move, but it would make more sense.

The games would have a far greater sales potential if they are released separately.

There not much on the 3DS these days, the Wii U has the juggernaut Mario Kart 8.

The 3DS needs a juggernaut as well...

Besides, if I remember well, it was suggested at some point that the 2 games could have a different release date.

So my guess is this :

- Super Smash bros for 3DS will be released in late June.

- Super Smash bros for Wii U, will be released in November

ASuch

The Salt Master
also, my peepee is already getting stiff from the thought of this

Anyone wanna make some predictions? I think they'll announce Captain Falcon and Ness, and maybe Andy or something from Advance Wars with the confirmation of a new AW game coming. I think they'll also reveal some new mechanic for Smash 4

Ex-Actarus

Worked wonders for third party Wii U games, huh?
Yes it did.

Lego City Undercover did very well on Wii U and 3DS.

700 K on Wii U and 1 million on 3DS !

Much better than Sonic Lost Word, barely 500 K... COMBINED !

Not sure Lego City Undercover would have done this well ( for 3rd party game on Wii U ), if the game was released at the same time on Wii U and 3DS.

Yes it did.

Lego City Undercover did very well on Wii U and 3DS.

700 K on Wii U and 1 million on 3DS !

Much better than Sonic Lost Word, barely 500 K... COMBINED !

Not sure Lego City Undercover would have done this well ( for 3rd party game on Wii U ), if the game was released at the same time on Wii U and 3DS.
Lego City Undercover is not Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins. Two different games.

I'm talking games that are the same. I'm not saying your wrong, but if Nintendo releases one version first over the other, people aren't going to wait unless the games have significant differences (like the lego situation).

Lego City Undercover is not Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins. Two different games.

I'm talking games that are the same. I'm not saying your wrong, but if Nintendo releases one version first over the other, people aren't going to wait unless the games have significant differences (like the lego situation).
Significant differences? Well a lot of the stages are console specific. Aside from that the Wii U version is clearly a lot more capable.

Significant differences? Well a lot of the stages are console specific. Aside from that the Wii U version is clearly a lot more capable.
I wouldn't say a lot more capable, maybe just looks prettier. We're not losing NPCs (if there were any) and whatnot with the 3DS version.

At any rate, I don't think it matters how Nintendo releases these games. It's freaking Smash Bros. lol. I'm sure both versions will have audiences representative of their installbase.

Not definitively. I value portability and privacy as much as I value a nice big beautiful screen with big sound. It's why there will be people like me getting both versions, because beyond that, they'll be relatively the same.
I'll be getting both version. That doesn't change the fact the the Wii U will be better to me. Even Vita versions of games are inferior, the 3Ds just doesn't have the power to have a version on par with what the Wii U can bring to the table and that goes beyond just looking nicer.

Ex-Actarus

I think you have a point, in that I'm not certain that a lot of buyers will purchase both copies at the same time.
But hell if I'm waiting a few more months to buy the Wii U version, hell no.
Again, I'm saying this because of the 3Ds situation right now.

There haven't been a single big 3DS game since the beginning of the year ( at least outside Japan ).

I don't see Nintendo releasing their 2 biggest games of the year on Wii U ( Mario Kart 8 and Smash 4 ) before the holidays.

So for me Smash Bros for Wii U won't come this summer.

However, it would make sense to release the 3Ds version now, as there are no big games coming on 3DS. The Wii U had Tropical Freeze already, and Mario kart 8 is coming soon.

I'm putting myself in Nintendo's shoes here. Do I really want to release those 2 games ( even if there are the same games pretty much ) at the same time when I don't have that many games to release this year ?

Besides releasing the 3DS version first, will only increase the hype for the Wii U version.

Again, I would prefer to have the 2 games at the same time.

But let's be honest here... Who will get the 2 versions really if there are released at the same time ?

I will ONLY care about the Wii U version.

However, if they release the games at different period, I'll get BOTH for sure.

Real talk, an entire Nintendo Direct is being dedicated to smash bros. Considering the Wii Fit U and W101 Direct were both 20 minutes, chances are this is going to also be 20 minutes of Smash. Maybe more since this is supposed to be a big game.

So if Nintendo isn't planning on rehashing what we already know, I'm betting we're going to get information about not only gameplay, but the various modes (hopefully including online), and a release date!

If Nintendo is able to confirm and show off an elaborate online system for smash this early, we all know what this means for Mario Kart.

What are you talking about? For us in NA Bravely Default, Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright, and Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy definitely count as major titles
Yeah, I'm pretty sure exactly nobody is complaining about lack of software on 3DS. Even if the release schedule isn't gushing with games, the 3DS already has enough games lined up from previous years to keep people busy.

Why I'm still working on 100%ing FE:A, still got a ways to go in SMT4 and bravely default, and barely progressed through ALBW. I ain't complainin'.

riotmaker

large signature lol
I hope they have the Pac-Man with the black eyes. The blue eyes one is too weird.

And, I know it's a stretch, but I wish Bomberman was in there as well