Official Super Smash Brothers Wii U/3DS Thread

Ex-Actarus

Part of me wants this to happen for the lulz, but another more sensible part of is saying "are you mad?!"
If Nintendo is to postponed Smash 4 in 2015.

They'd better release Smash Brawl and Smash Melee for 30$ in HD ( on the same disc ) and coming at the end of this month.

That's the only way, I won't be mad at them.

ZyroXZ2

I conjectured on another forum that tomorrow's direct WILL give us some nice info and gameplay, but also announce a delay.

People didn't like my conjecture.

:eek:

Edit: To be more accurate, I didn't use the word "delay", but that it would have a release date in early 2015, lol

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I conjectured on another forum that tomorrow's direct WILL give us some nice info and gameplay, but also announce a delay.

People didn't like my conjecture.

:eek:

Edit: To be more accurate, I didn't use the word "delay", but that it would have a release date in early 2015, lol
I think that's entirely possible, but what I'd want to know in such a case is what the hell Nintendo plans to release for the rest of 2014, besides Bayo 2. And if they plan to pack Smash, X, Zelda, and who knows what else, all into 2015.

Ex-Actarus

I think that's entirely possible, but what I'd want to know in such a case is what the hell Nintendo plans to release for the rest of 2014, besides Bayo 2. And if they plan to pack Smash, X, Zelda, and who knows what else, all into 2015.
This.

I mean, no Smash 4 in 2014 would be disastrous for the holidays.

X and Bayonetta 2 are not big enough for the holidays as the big title.

And no way Zelda U is happening this year.

Nintendo has constantly said that Smash Bros is coming in 2014. I don't expect that to change. If anything with the rate at which we've seen character reveals and now this new direct I think Smash could even be hitting sooner than we originally thought.

EDIT: My original expectation was Mario Kart 8 Spring 2014, Super Smash Bros Winter 2014.

So at this point we've had five new characters revealed for the new Smash Bros games; Little Mac, Mega Man, Rosalina & Luma, Villager and the Wii Fit Trainer. Do you think that's it for new characters or do you think we'll see some more newcomers (and maybe even a 3rd third party character)?

I think I remember saying Namco has no interest in having a character in the game, but never know.

Also, I can't see what this direct is really gonna show. Unless they're gonna do a direct every two months or something, to show off fights, the items in use, courses in motion. So more of a collection of the daily posts in video form.

Obviously a new character announcement and stage to show off.

And Brawl got delayed numerous times, even when there were dates locked in. I wouldn't be surprised if it got bumped to 2015, whether announced tomorrow or another last minute delay.

So here's what our resident Smash Editor thinks about the whole Smash 6 thing:

Dakota Lasky: i think it was a typo
Dakota Lasky: and smash is getting delayed to 2015
Dakota Lasky: and they are bringing on more programmers to finish it up
Dakota Lasky: thats what makes sense to me
Dakota Lasky: or
[LiT]: If that's the news tomorrow
Dakota Lasky: they are working on dlc for the games
[LiT]: People are gonna be pissed
Andy Whitefield: theyre delaying it months so they can get cranky kong in it
[LiT]: Nintendo needs to like, not delay a game.
Andy Whitefield: 6*
Dakota Lasky: i wouldnt be surprised if its like an "ultra" version or something
Omar T. (Acesonnall): That's be some funny way of dropping the bomb lol
Dakota Lasky: idk
Dakota Lasky: seems plausible
Andy Whitefield: i think it wud just be DLC....
Dakota Lasky: brawl was delayed twice
[LiT]: Yeah, but they've delayed so many big titles of late
Dakota Lasky: and holiday season would be great to release smash. then again u cud prob release smash at any time
[LiT]: They can't afford to keep doing that to people
Dakota Lasky: i guess\
Dakota Lasky: but id rather a more polished game
[LiT]: I'm not saying you're wrong
Dakota Lasky: i know lol
[LiT]: But I think delaying would be a major mistake at this point
Omar T. (Acesonnall): Last thing Nintendo wants is for people to not take their official release dates seriously hah
Dakota Lasky: true
Dakota Lasky: but smash doesnt have an official release date yet
Omar T. (Acesonnall): But DK did
Dakota Lasky: i wasnt talking about dk lmao
Dakota Lasky: but yeah it did
Omar T. (Acesonnall): lol
Dakota Lasky: tropical freeze aint smash tho
Jonas: Only way Nintendo can get away with delaying Smash Bros til next year is it they have Zelda and Metroid ready for this year
Omar T. (Acesonnall): Yeah, hope we get to see bombs being dropped tomorrow... in our favor

Ex-Actarus

Yes but Juegos, 2o15 ?

This would be a big time delay, Twilight Princess style.

If there is such a delay, that's a very bad news for the Wii U.

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

Characters I hope are in smash
Shulk Demise,Issac/Felix,Isa/Saki,Wonderfuru Bayonetta, Jack Frost, Chrom, Hooded My Unit, Palutena, Wolf&Midna & Hades

Assists
Riki
MuhmKhar
Wonder White & Co
Ghirahim

the_randomizer

I'm hoping that characters that got removed in Brawl get added in this time, and yes, some couldn't be added due to time constraints, one of them being Krystal, there were even unreleased sound files from the narrator for said characters.

I'm going to keep a positive face and assume Smash Bros 6 really does mean Smash Bros 6. I'm not sure if I buy them making that same typo twice.

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

Sakurai is going ham in the Smash Reveals. He made 6 comments about the direct and it being worth the wait already and Iwata sent out a personal tweet about the game.

He's having a funny chat with Sakurai about it now lol

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
So a tweet from Nintendo Japan translates that they won't give us a release date tonight but they will give us a release "window".
Speculate away...