Official The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild thread - "open your eyes"

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
This is Final Fantasy 15 all over again.

There a few very minor things that kinda piss me off but they're drops in the bucket.

Just did my first dungeon, I found it underwhelming despite being stuck and really having to use my noodle. It was satisfying, but...I don't know. Can't put it into words. I liked it but it just felt like an extension of the shrines rather than a full-out Zelda dungeon.

Guess I did put it into words.
I dunno man, I think the shrines are almost better than a traditional dungeon setup (almost)... particularly the ones that you solve trying to get into... like the one where you make a wind tunnel ... it was just kindof impressive, and reminded me of some of the best dungeon set pieces, but it was in the game world...

I kind of like that the shrines are so short, but that there are a ton of them... I haven't done a dungeon yet though...

theMightyME

So...has anyone found a way to craft weapons yet? Or do I have to buy/pick up all of them?
haven't found a way yet, but I did find a way to upgrade armor, so perhaps there will be something similar with weapons... though that would kind of suck with weapons being so disposable.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I kind of like that the shrines are so short, but that there are a ton of them...
I agree. One of my biggest problems with the DS Zelda games was that its dungeons felt like a long collection of single-room puzzles. By the time I had to use my magnetic doodad to flip a switch for the 10th time in a dungeon, I just wanted it to be over. The shrines of BotW are pretty much the same kinds of puzzles, but bite-sized. They also can incorporate any combination of your skills, unlike recent Zelda games where you always used the item you found in that same dungeon. So for me, they are a lot more fun, and they always leave me wanting more.

Meanwhile, the main dungeons are surprising (the first time), challenging, and short. Like CoV, I like them less than I wanted to, but I think that's mostly because they're pretty uninteresting aesthetically, and because there's a lot of handholding involved, unlike the rest of the game. Granted, that's in regards to what I assume were the two easiest dungeons of the game. I expect the third one to be pretty challenging, and well, the last dungeon area I haven't gone into isn't called "Peaceful Mountain". Oh, and the bosses have been cool so far.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
It seems one of the things that people struggle with in this game is the combat. It's true that this is a more difficult game than any previous Zelda (including the SNES ones), but that isn't always because of the sheer stats of enemies. Rather, it's because there are a lot of properties and interactions that come into play during combat, and it's hard to be aware of them all. So I figured I'd make a small guide with what I know so far after about 70 hours with the game, so that others can be better prepared in their adventure. Oh and don't think this will make the game very easy or anything. Enemies increase in difficulty as you progress through the game, so that you'll eventually find high-level bokoblins even in the Plateau, for example.

To start, you should know the factors that come into play during combat: Link's health and armor rating; enemy level; weapon stats and types; elemental weaknesses and the weather; and finally, critical hits.

Link's health and armor: While I don't know any damage formulas the game uses, it goes without saying that the more hearts and armor defense you have, the better you can survive attacks. As you play through the game you'll discover ways to get more hearts, places to buy better armor, and a way to increase your armor's defense (you'll need monster parts to do this, so be careful about what you sell).

Enemy level: Right from the Plateau, you will notice that Bokoblins sometimes come in the red variety, and sometimes in the blue one. As you progress through the game, there are more color varieties, and they have even more health. This is also true for other enemies in the game, like Lizalfos. The important thing to note here is that the enemy type and color is independent of their weapon - you can find a black Bokoblin wielding a crappy wooden club, or a red Bokoblin wielding a royal greatsword. The first will do no damage to you but will take forever to kill, while the second will die in a few hits but kill you just as fast. That said, high level enemies do have a better chance of having high damage weapons.

Stats and types of weapons: This is the most important part of combat, both for you and your enemies. High level enemies with a tree branch can be killed eventually if you break enough weapons against them, but any enemy with high damage weapons will punish any mistake you make with instant death. Because of this, the first thing you should pay attention to when fighting an enemy is the weapon they are wielding. After playing long enough, you'll recognize weapon types and anticipate how much damage they can dish out. When you see a regular Lizalfos wielding a royal spear for whatever reason, you should be afraid.

More importantly, you should pay attention to the properties of your enemy's weapons, and think about how to counter them. For example, if they're wielding a sword and shield, you should expect your spear to be blocked; switch to a greatsword and knock the shield out of their hand instead, then wreck them. But be careful that they don't hit you first with their short sword, since you won't be able to block. Or if they're wielding a greatsword themselves, you can use a spear to keep out of their range and slowly poke them to death. It's key that you recognize the limitations of each weapon both for yourself and your enemy, and play accordingly.

Additionally, you should be aware of hitstun and knockdown, as they can make fights trivial if you take advantage of them, or unbeatable if you don't. Before I explain hitstun and knockdown, you should just keep in mind that the larger a weapon is, the more easily it can cause these states; and the larger an enemy is, the more he can resist them.

Hitstun is the state that enemies suffer when they're attacked, during which they are in a "hurting" animation and cannot attack or defend until that animation ends. When you are using a short sword against a Bokoblin, you can land your full four-hit combo on them because of hitstun. However, if they initiate an attack before your own attack hits them, they will be impervious to hitstun (even if they do suffer damage).

Knockdown is the state an enemy is in after they have been knocked on the ground, and they cannot attack or defend you until they get back up. During this time, you can still deal more damage on them, so take advantage of this to do as much damage as you can. One thing I like to do is to knock an enemy down, then use my greatsword charge attack while they recover, dealing massive damage.

So generally, you don't want to take a wooden toothpick against a Moblin and his royal greatsword.

Elemental Weaknesses, and the Weather: Different enemies have different resistances to different elements. It's a simple concept, and it can make your life easier if you know how to take advantage of it. While I haven't discovered many of these relationships in the game, they seem to be intuitive. Monsters with bare skin, such as Moblins, are stunned by fire, allowing you to deal more damage while they recover. Meanwhile, electricity stuns mechanical enemies. During rain, you cannot light enemies on fire, but they are severely affected by electric attacks. Even if you were fighting a black Moblin with a fire greatsword, you would be able to stun him to death with electricity during the rain. If you are absolutely stumped against a specific enemy, you can try waiting for rain to take them on, as long as you have the electric weapon to take advantage of it.

Sneak Attacks and Critical Hits: Stealth is finally a real part of this game, and it's a pretty useful way to initiate a battle. There are many ways to approach enemies undetected, such as wearing stealth armor, using the rain to mask your footsteps, or waiting for the enemies to fall asleep. In addition, enemies will often have some kind of physical weakness you can exploit. An early example is shooting a Bokoblin in the head with an arrow, which will immediately knock them down. This can allow you to knock archers down from their guardposts so you can finish them quickly; or if you are already in a fight, you can use this as crowd control to turn a one-versus-two into two one-on-one fights. Other enemies have similar weak points, though I'm not sure what they are, or if all enemies have them. Generally, I try to shoot enemies in the head, or in their eyes, and see what happens.

That's all I've got for now. Let me know if you find it useful, or if I'm wrong with anything I said, or if you have any other questions.

Last edited:

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Only things I'd add on combat are pretty basic:
-Take advantage of your Bayododge. No, seriously. It's the game's great equalizer and if you're not hitting it on the regular, you're making your life difficult. I've watched a bunch of YouTube video of BotW combat and I'm surprised by how few people even try it. It's well worth studying a particular type of enemy so that you see their wind up. It's not simply added flash.
-Use bombs with defense in mind. If there's a group of enemies, I always leave a bomb laying around. Just for crowd control. Detonating at the right time can be the difference between going against two foes or five, and your talent matters less the more enemies there are. (Plus, you blow a Bokoblin off a high enough ledge and you won't have to worry about them at all.)
-Warp. If you're like me and are tired of the game over screen, you can pause and warp to any tower or shrine in the middle of combat.

That said, the combat is, for me, absolutely the weakest part of the game. Everything Joog said is true, but being careful and knowledge still only take you so far. I simply avoid most fights because no matter the overall feel they're going for, one shots from scrubs feels cheap. It's silly to me that I rolled a dungeon boss pretty easily last night, then walked into a field and it's like Australia, where anything can kill you. It's the only thing holding this game back from my personal GOAT-tier list.

Last edited:

Koenig

The Architect
So far the only times I have ever warped to escape combat is when a guardian has its laser pointed on me and there is no cover in sight/no stamina left to run.

@EvilTw1n Do you have any tips for using Link's shield parry? I have tried and failed to use it effectively.

PS: Also don't forget that you guys can do a slow-motion arrow shot if you draw your bow while you are in the air.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
PS: Also don't forget that you guys can do a slow-motion arrow shot if you draw your bow while you are in the air.
I love this move. It's come in handy more than once. Especially...
with the dragon spirit on the top of Mount Lanayru

EvilTw1n

So far the only times I have ever warped to escape combat is when a guardian has its laser pointed on me and there is no cover in sight/no stamina left to run.

@EvilTw1n Do you have any tips for using Link's shield parry? I have tried and failed to use it effectively.

I do, in fact...

If you had asked me this before last night, I would've told you that 90% of the time, the shield parry is useless and you're better off dodging (unless you're having trouble with the dodge mechanic, in which case attempting the parry is better against foes with long spears since you at least have the shield to fall back on). I still think you're better off dodging the vast majority of the time against your usual foes. But there's one application in which the shield parry is absolutely devastating, and it might be of interest for you due to a circumstance you mentioned. I'mma spoiler it out, because this is deeply rewarding to discover on your own.

Only un-spoiler if you wanna have a discovery ruined for you.

You can shield parry a Guardian's lazer blast. And it fucks them up.

I was in the same crunch as you, trying to fight a Guardian in front of the castle - field, no cover, stamina done, out of arrows (was going to find a memory). But...because this game allows you to do so much, I thought "well...why can't you redirect a Guardian's lazer?"

And you totally fuckin' can. Instead of wasting arrows, 3 or 4 shield parries wastes a Guardian. It's high risk, high reward, because it'll destroy your shield, and I haven't tried it with anything lower than a large, 40-defense, Knight's shield. But it works.

If you want to practice, go to the front of Hyrule Castle, near where you need to find that one memory. On foot, of course. Whistle to get a Guardian's attention. Lay back in plain sight, because they won't close that gap. You can time the shield parry to the sound of the lazer firing.

I do, in fact...

If you had asked me this before last night, I would've told you that 90% of the time, the shield parry is useless and you're better off dodging (unless you're having trouble with the dodge mechanic, in which case attempting the parry is better against foes with long spears since you at least have the shield to fall back on). I still think you're better off dodging the vast majority of the time against your usual foes. But there's one application in which the shield parry is absolutely devastating, and it might be of interest for you due to a circumstance you mentioned. I'mma spoiler it out, because this is deeply rewarding to discover on your own.

Only un-spoiler if you wanna have a discovery ruined for you.

You can shield parry a Guardian's lazer blast. And it fucks them up.

I was in the same crunch as you, trying to fight a Guardian in front of the castle - field, no cover, stamina done, out of arrows (was going to find a memory). But...because this game allows you to do so much, I thought "well...why can't you redirect a Guardian's lazer?"

And you totally fuckin' can. Instead of wasting arrows, 3 or 4 shield parries wastes a Guardian. It's high risk, high reward, because it'll destroy your shield, and I haven't tried it with anything lower than a large, 40-defense, Knight's shield. But it works.

If you want to practice, go to the front of Hyrule Castle, near where you need to find that one memory. On foot, of course. Whistle to get a Guardian's attention. Lay back in plain sight, because they won't close that gap. You can time the shield parry to the sound of the lazer firing.
its one of the first things I did as soon as I got off the plateau. And it works with any shield, I've cleaned out the Castle grounds with just a pot lid. Parrying doesnt damage your shield.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I actually tried that earlier, but had no luck. How is the timing on the parry? right before you get hit are just as?
From what I can tell, it's pretty strict. Like 1/10 of a second or so. What makes it difficult to perform consistently is the fact that enemies often carry different weapons, so it's hard to tell when exactly that specific enemy with that specific weapon is going to hit you.

But yeah, on those specific enemies the spoilers have been talking about, the attack time is always about the same, so it's easier to pull off consistently.

Odo

I think Nintendo could have easily have done more for the Switch version, but at the expense of not pleasing Wii U owners. It's obvious that Nintendo wants Wii U owners to buy a Switch, but I have to give them credit for at least sticking with it, and launching the Wii U version as well.
I'm pleased.

They should have just cancelled the Wii U version and block the docked option for Zelda.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

@Juegos

Hey dog, I saw in the chat you beat it.

What happens then? I don't mean story, I mean does it allow you to continue playing so you can finish up some shrines and side quests? Or is it new game plus?

I just found two side quests that would make me have to enter the castle, which I want to save. So I'm just wondering how the post game stuff works.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
@Juegos

Hey dog, I saw in the chat you beat it.

What happens then? I don't mean story, I mean does it allow you to continue playing so you can finish up some shrines and side quests? Or is it new game plus?

I just found two side quests that would make me have to enter the castle, which I want to save. So I'm just wondering how the post game stuff works.
After you beat the game it saves automatically. When you reload that file you appear in Hyrule Castle, and you can come and go as you please. The game never locks you in or out of Hyrule Castle from the moment you step off the plateau.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Ya know, it's weird, but I haven't really felt I needed more than the 1st stamina upgrade for the longest time, as I love making food so making meals that refill + give me that extra just seem like a better way to go for those clutch situations where I don't have enough to climb all the way/glide all the way.

I can't imagine playing this game without at least one of them, though. Always feels like I just needed that extra little bit.

praisegrima

I got more than 60 shrines done. I'm at 14 hearts and got one piece into the third stamina wheel.

I always got this mentality of "I might need it later" so I don't drink elixirs unless I have too. I do feel like this is enough stamina now, as with the complete "climb speed up" set of clothes, I can climb most things.

Koenig

The Architect
So far my only complaints with the game are just nitpicks and features that I would like to see. It is a damn good game with a solid core and lots of polish.

With that said; Here are some things I would love to see added to the game or change slightly:

-NPC map: I would absolutely LOVE to see an NPC map in this game, similar to that of the map used in Xenoblade Chronicles. It would do so much towards keeping track of all the various NPC's in the game, their status, and location.

-Traditional dungeons. I love the shrines, I love the devine beasts, but so far nothing has really stood out to me a "unique" dungeon. If there were a few more large dungeons in the game but with some themed visuals, perhaps as the central locations in certain areas it could only be for the better IMO. Just something different than the usual glowing neon temples we have for 99% of the game.

Weapon Crafting:
I know weapons are lying about everywhere, but I would love to be able to use some of the various bits of crap I got from enemies to craft weapons of my choosing on my own. I know their are some weapons you can get from NPC's and replace when they break, but that is not quite as liberating. Perhaps this is an option later in the game, but I just have not found it

-Item Storage:
Speaking of weapons, I really wish this game had a way to store all the various bits of weapons and items clogging up my inventory space so that I could save them for later. Yes, I know you can store upward of three swords/bows/shield each at your house if you do the sidequest for one, but this again seems far too limited

-Enemy Info:
Once you get a certain tunic in the game, you can see enemies health points while wearing it. However I feel that feature could have been implemented better. Eventually you get the ability to take pictures of enemies and other objects in the game, adding them to a compendium; I think it would make much more sense to show enemies HP by scanning them.

-Wider Horse Calling range: It would be nice if horses could hear you from farther away, as is I often find myself falling outside their range while explore cliffs and more treacherous terrain, forcing me to either backtrack for several minutes or go by a stable to pick them up again.

-Spells/Songs: considering the various styles of weather and time in the game, I can't help but feel that the lack of a weather/time control system is a missed opportunity. The song of storms, sun song, and the like would be truly awesome to behold. Again, perhaps I am not far enough in the game and these are already made available.

-Tools: Runes and the shieka slate have essentially replaced tools in this game, so its not fair to say they are gone mechanically; that said, it is another feature I feel could have been included with enough thought without interfering with the open world nature of the game. The traversal based tools like the Clawshot, Ironc boots, and whip could have a lot of application in traversal and puzzle solving aspects.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

simplyTravis

Lamer Gamers Podcast Co-Host
So, with my last week being absolutely bat shit crazy and busy, I haven't been on here much. Nearly every breathing second that I'm not working I have played Zelda. My word...this game is amazing. The worry that the world would be empty has been put to rest in a massive way. I'm getting to the point where I simply just wander when I should be doing the story or purposely looking for shrines. I just don't care, haha.

Next week I'm going to be out of town and am really regretting the fact that I won't get to play Zelda on the big screen. It just isn't the same portable, but I'll just have to make due...

Goodtwin

So, with my last week being absolutely bat shit crazy and busy, I haven't been on here much. Nearly every breathing second that I'm not working I have played Zelda. My word...this game is amazing. The worry that the world would be empty has been put to rest in a massive way. I'm getting to the point where I simply just wander when I should be doing the story or purposely looking for shrines. I just don't care, haha.

Next week I'm going to be out of town and am really regretting the fact that I won't get to play Zelda on the big screen. It just isn't the same portable, but I'll just have to make due...
I can understand the sentiment about playing Zelda on the big screen being preferable, but keep in mind the previous alternative was going on that said trip without playing Zelda at all. Switch makes playing your games so much more accessible, regardless of what you have going on in your life.

Love this game! Surprises around every corner! I love just exploring, probably about 30 hours in and just beat the
Zora area.
Can't wait to get back to it!

(Added in spoiler tag, just in case. - ET)

Last edited by a moderator:

Koenig

The Architect
Also for those of you who have traveled south and are not too far in the game, try hanging out around the bridge at dawn (before and at 8:00 in game time) for a real treat.

Last edited:

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I won't lie to you all, it is extremely difficult watching Zelda videos (non-BotW btw), and getting recommended videos from BotW, including ones that I believe feature some pretty big spoilers, just from the thumbnails.

Maybe I should watch stop watching Zelda videos until I play BotW at this point, but I love watching non-BotW Zelda videos. :mplain:

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
I won't lie to you all, it is extremely difficult watching Zelda videos (non-BotW btw), and getting recommended videos from BotW, including ones that I believe feature some pretty big spoilers, just from the thumbnails.

Maybe I should watch stop watching Zelda videos until I play BotW at this point, but I love watching non-BotW Zelda videos. :mplain:
I agree with you. It feels really weird now that BotW is out and everyone is playing it. I have this mixture of "I don't want to spoil things for myself, but everything is already becoming well-known."

I really can't wait to play the game... I just need an opportunity to buy the blasted console!

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I agree with you. It feels really weird now that BotW is out and everyone is playing it. I have this mixture of "I don't want to spoil things for myself, but everything is already becoming well-known."

I really can't wait to play the game... I just need an opportunity to buy the blasted console!
I'm not picking up the Switch until the holidays, so I'll resort to getting it for Wii U, which given everything is not that much of a negative.

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
I'm not picking up the Switch until the holidays, so I'll resort to getting it for Wii U, which given everything is not that much of a negative.
I would but I don't have a WiiU. I almost considered buying one for Zelda, but talked myself out of it.

EvilTw1n

A few nights ago I went back to the plateau. Found things I didn't even come close to in my initial exploration. Then I jumped off of the plateau from an area I never tried before and got to an area I hadn't explored. I really don't know how the hell Nintendo did this. It's isn't a matter of size. Any jackass can make an "open world" game that stretches on. But to do this much density?

At this rate, I'm going to "finish" this game in time to make it a weekly habit of taking a stroll through Hyrule.

Also, game review navel gazing watch.
I was waiting on the first troll review to surface. Sadly, my intuition was right about who would compose it, too. Seriously guys, click a few times. I think Sterling must need the money. Seriously and truly, I'm sympathetic to being the odd one out - I didn't dig XBC for 5 damn years. And often, I think you can learn more about a game from a bad review than a good one - which is why I wanted to read a bad one for BotW. I was gonna give Jim the benefit of the doubt, thinking "I felt the same way before I got better weapons and armor," but nah...he got that. I get that people can be frustrated with weapon durability...but...I've never once thought "oh no, I don't have cool weapons." I don't have enough slots for cool weapons, and there is literally always something worth pilfering off of a defeated foe. That's part of the game's whole combat system - keeping wood clubs around for scrubs and saving that nicer weapon for a boss or mini boss...or when you're in deep shit, regardless. This is kind of like saying "limited ammo isn't good in survival games." You may not dig the design, but that doesn't make it a design flaw.

And the stamina thing?
Did he seriously not realize that Revali's Gale gets you half way up nearly anything?

Rain? Pull out some wood, light it on fire, sleep til the morning.
Unless you're trying to climb the mountains around Zora's Domain before beating the Beast. That's one place the game has a fairly hard, linear streak. I camped out several times, woke up the next morning, almost got to the top while it was sunny, then it would invariably rain. I once got to the very top with a last gasp, then the wind blew me off. I admitted defeat and went to Zora's Domain as scheduled. I bet there's a way up those cliffs, but I had other shit to see and do.

I do think there are legit complaints. BotW's difficulty bump is so hard at first that it was bound to push people away (it very nearly did with me). Hiding away the easiest way to upgrade your armor probably wasn't the smartest choice, either. There definitely are framerate hitches, and I found a grassland that has such bad pop-in that I didn't realize it was a grassland until I landed there. But lacking the discipline to not walk into a shrine, being disappointed in a green circle onscreen, and forgetting you can skip cut scenes in the shrines is a pretty dumb way to dock points. This is why "it's all subjective!" never works with review scores. Because now for intellectual consistency you'd have to dock points for side quests that "break the immersion" in any game. He'll have to dock points from a score every time he doesn't like a HUD, which ain't happening. Must dock scores if the voice acting is forced, which oh wait not happening. Gaming journalism was a mistake.

Anyways, I really did hope for better constructive criticism. Because it is possible to make an even better Zelda game, in my opinion.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
A few nights ago I went back to the plateau. Found things I didn't even come close to in my initial exploration. Then I jumped off of the plateau from an area I never tried before and got to an area I hadn't explored. I really don't know how the hell Nintendo did this. It's isn't a matter of size. Any jackass can make an "open world" game that stretches on. But to do this much density?

At this rate, I'm going to "finish" this game in time to make it a weekly habit of taking a stroll through Hyrule.

Also, game review navel gazing watch.
I was waiting on the first troll review to surface. Sadly, my intuition was right about who would compose it, too. Seriously guys, click a few times. I think Sterling must need the money. Seriously and truly, I'm sympathetic to being the odd one out - I didn't dig XBC for 5 damn years. And often, I think you can learn more about a game from a bad review than a good one - which is why I wanted to read a bad one for BotW. I was gonna give Jim the benefit of the doubt, thinking "I felt the same way before I got better weapons and armor," but nah...he got that. I get that people can be frustrated with weapon durability...but...I've never once thought "oh no, I don't have cool weapons." I don't have enough slots for cool weapons, and there is literally always something worth pilfering off of a defeated foe. That's part of the game's whole combat system - keeping wood clubs around for scrubs and saving that nicer weapon for a boss or mini boss...or when you're in deep shit, regardless. This is kind of like saying "limited ammo isn't good in survival games." You may not dig the design, but that doesn't make it a design flaw.

And the stamina thing?
Did he seriously not realize that Revali's Gale gets you half way up nearly anything?

Rain? Pull out some wood, light it on fire, sleep til the morning.
Unless you're trying to climb the mountains around Zora's Domain before beating the Beast. That's one place the game has a fairly hard, linear streak. I camped out several times, woke up the next morning, almost got to the top while it was sunny, then it would invariably rain. I once got to the very top with a last gasp, then the wind blew me off. I admitted defeat and went to Zora's Domain as scheduled. I bet there's a way up those cliffs, but I had other shit to see and do.

I do think there are legit complaints. BotW's difficulty bump is so hard at first that it was bound to push people away (it very nearly did with me). Hiding away the easiest way to upgrade your armor probably wasn't the smartest choice, either. There definitely are framerate hitches, and I found a grassland that has such bad pop-in that I didn't realize it was a grassland until I landed there. But lacking the discipline to not walk into a shrine, being disappointed in a green circle onscreen, and forgetting you can skip cut scenes in the shrines is a pretty dumb way to dock points. This is why "it's all subjective!" never works with review scores. Because now for intellectual consistency you'd have to dock points for side quests that "break the immersion" in any game. He'll have to dock points from a score every time he doesn't like a HUD, which ain't happening. Must dock scores if the voice acting is forced, which oh wait not happening. Gaming journalism was a mistake.

Anyways, I really did hope for better constructive criticism. Because it is possible to make an even better Zelda game, in my opinion.
I knew who the reviewer was before you said it. Sterling has a knack for not knowing what buttons do in games.

theMightyME

@EvilTw1n brought up voice acting... so far I have found the voice acting better than I originally thought it would be.... I mean the japanese voices are better, but they aren't BAD... except the deku tree, the voice for the deku tree does not in any way match... it is almost like they just pulled in some tester at treehouse and had him voice the character. every time the deku tree talked I felt a huge disconnect

it is like the first time you hear David Beckham actually speak

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
All because of two f**ktards who had it out for the game and have reviews filled with biases and untruths.
Oh well, History will be quite kind to BotW.

As much as I am loving the game there are a few things I'm a bit disappointed in. A bit. I don't think it'll top my favorite of the series, but it didn't ever need to to be a great game in it's own right.

At the rate I'm going I'll probably be done this week or weekend (well, the main story anyways).