62% of games from E3 2015 press conferences still unreleased
- Only 38% of the games spoken about during the E3 2015 press conferences have actually been released.
- Of that 38% of games released, 33% weren’t released until 2016.
- Sony is the worst performer, with only one game released from its E3 2015 press conference in that calendar year – a small indie from Devolver Digital called Ronin.
- Sony also has the worst record for releasing games announced at its conference in the 12-months leading to the next E3, at only 23%
- EA and Nintendo are the most likely to release a game they showcase before the next E3, with 92% and 93% of their titles available respectively.
- Nintendo also released 83% of those games before Christmas 2015, which is the quickest turnaround by far.
- Sony and Microsoft did not release a single one of their newly announced titles from the last E3 in the 12-months since the event.
- Year-on-year, we are seeing a rise in games not being released following an E3 showcase. Our analysis shows 50% of Sony’s, and 60% of Microsoft’s E3 2014 press conferences did not see a release prior to E3 2015. These have increased to 77% and 63% respectively for this 12-month period.