OFFICIAL TNE E3 2016 THREAD....

Are you excited for E3 2016...?

• Yes....

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • No....

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters

Odo

http://www.finder.com.au/62-of-games-from-e3-2015-press-conferences-still-unreleased

62% of games from E3 2015 press conferences still unreleased
      • Only 38% of the games spoken about during the E3 2015 press conferences have actually been released.
      • Of that 38% of games released, 33% weren’t released until 2016.
      • Sony is the worst performer, with only one game released from its E3 2015 press conference in that calendar year – a small indie from Devolver Digital called Ronin.
      • Sony also has the worst record for releasing games announced at its conference in the 12-months leading to the next E3, at only 23%
      • EA and Nintendo are the most likely to release a game they showcase before the next E3, with 92% and 93% of their titles available respectively.
      • Nintendo also released 83% of those games before Christmas 2015, which is the quickest turnaround by far.
      • Sony and Microsoft did not release a single one of their newly announced titles from the last E3 in the 12-months since the event.
      • Year-on-year, we are seeing a rise in games not being released following an E3 showcase. Our analysis shows 50% of Sony’s, and 60% of Microsoft’s E3 2014 press conferences did not see a release prior to E3 2015. These have increased to 77% and 63% respectively for this 12-month period.

simplyTravis

"A nice guy, but looks like a f'n Jedi!"
Well, my bags are packed. I have to leave for Houston at 2:30 am to get on a plane that is leaving at 6:30am. I really wanted to bring the WiiU but I'm flying Spirit Airlines which I have found out is initially cheap but will bleed you dry with baggage. In fact, I have received 10 emails about baggage today and that I should totes by tix for what I'm gonna be toting around.

I'm planning on doing an article about my first adventure to E3 and one for my thoughts about VR as a ViRgin being over-inundated with it at E3 as is my assignment so far. Also, I'll report previews and things as I go along.

If you guys want, we might do a Youtube/Google Hangout sort of thing at night to discuss the daily events. I'll see what I can figure out for that.

Anyway, I probably be in the chat quite a bit tonight but starting tomorrow I have no idea what is going to happen. Nothing like the pit in your stomach when you are about to take an advanced slingshot into the unknown.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Well, my bags are packed. I have to leave for Houston at 2:30 am to get on a plane that is leaving at 6:30am. I really wanted to bring the WiiU but I'm flying Spirit Airlines which I have found out is initially cheap but will bleed you dry with baggage. In fact, I have received 10 emails about baggage today and that I should totes by tix for what I'm gonna be toting around.

I'm planning on doing an article about my first adventure to E3 and one for my thoughts about VR as a ViRgin being over-inundated with it at E3 as is my assignment so far. Also, I'll report previews and things as I go along.

If you guys want, we might do a Youtube/Google Hangout sort of thing at night to discuss the daily events. I'll see what I can figure out for that.

Anyway, I probably be in the chat quite a bit tonight but starting tomorrow I have no idea what is going to happen. Nothing like the pit in your stomach when you are about to take an advanced slingshot into the unknown.
Have a great time and be safe! Can't wait to read what your experiencing.

Safe travels, Travis!

I will brave the rough streets of Rockefeller Center tomorrow in hopes of nabbing a spot to play whatever this Zelda game is on the 14th. Line "starts at 7am" but suspect that there are already people sleeping around there tonight. Oh lord, don't be cruel to the sensible like myself.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I've had one hour of sleep in two days. Insomnia now. Still worried about my pass in. I've had some interesting chats and will have some info for PC to put out hopefully within a month, so today has been fruitful. Unfortunately all the folks want to release after the noise of E3.
You got this, Travis! Knock em' dead! :mthumb:

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
Anyone watching Bethesda tonight / any conferences tomorrow and will be in the chat?

I only plan on watching Bethesda and Sony. Maybe Ubisoft for the cringe
Ehh...I think I'll just watch whatever trailers they end up putting on YouTube. I can't recall a single Bethesda game that has ever interested me

I'll definitely be watching Sony's and Microsoft's E3 and whatever streaming Nintendo's gonna do. I'm contemplating whether or not I should watch Ubisoft's. If they got Mr. Caffeine back, I'd totally watch it

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I've just watched Bethesda trailers. Nothing exciting in my opinion.

Skyrim Remaster. C'mon, do me a favour... How many more remasters are we going to get?
Just reading around the internet today this seems to be the concensus feeling.

Really didn't hear a lot about EA even lookin around I didn't really see anything.

Odo

Just reading around the internet today this seems to be the concensus feeling.

Really didn't hear a lot about EA even lookin around I didn't really see anything.
EA was all right.

They talked about Star Wars, they're making more games. You now can make your own footballer on FIFA (I don't play FIFA but this feature is quite interesting). They talked about some "donations achievements" which I found nice. Nothing really new about Andromeda and Battlefield 1, though.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
After all this, can Sony beat Microsoft conference? :D
If they have the games, yeah, I think so. Microsoft did good though. They've been solid for the past three E3s, including this one. Glad that they've found their stride

But I don't see Sony's E3 topping their E3 from last year. The announcements were nuts, even if I only cared for a handful of them :p

Right about now, I just want to see the new Zelda, Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse, Horizon, and The Last Guardian. By far, the most hyped games for me

simplyTravis

Definitely my least favorite E3. Got denied for entrance by a manager at on site registration. So much for that.

I'll still be at Pixel Gallery tomorrow and a VR show tomorrow. Might as well, nothing much else to do.

Looks like my first vacation in two years is a legit vacation.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
Definitely my least favorite E3. Got denied for entrance by a manager at on site registration. So much for that.

I'll still be at Pixel Gallery tomorrow and a VR show tomorrow. Might as well, nothing much else to do.

Hmm? Why? Did they give you a reason?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

simplyTravis

TNE was only allocated 7 people it seems. I think it was really just a hassle for the E3 people and I felt like media is treated significantly different. Basically it took a manager to deny it. The first lady was trying to get me in. Apparently Greg from PC Enthusiast has tried to get me in but couldn't. I have to say, as far as the Enthusiast Gaming group goes, I have mad respect for Greg. He's been nothing but welcoming and helpful to me.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
TNE was only allocated 7 people it seems. I think it was really just a hassle for the E3 people and I felt like media is treated significantly different. Basically it took a manager to deny it. The first lady was trying to get me in. Apparently Greg from PC Enthusiast has tried to get me in but couldn't. I have to say, as far as the Enthusiast Gaming group goes, I have mad respect for Greg. He's been nothing but welcoming and helpful to me.
Greg Barges is badass I have always enjoyed him.

Well Kojima can just fucking go to hell or the Japanese version of it.
I was there man, you had me, but nope, its a Kojima solo joint aping off the potential of Silent Hills. No noticeable collaboration with Guillermo or Junji Ito, the only names I cared about behind Silent Hills. SO fuck off with that, I did not need to get my hopes up for nothing.

repomech

resident remnant robot relic
A few thoughts:

The Berserk musou brawler will probably remain the highlight of E3 for me (and the trailer wasn't even good).

A Spiderman game by Insomniac has potential.

Shawn Layden looks like a capybara escaped from the Island of Dr. Moreau.

Sony decided to play a "direct" on stage instead of the usual run-on presentation padded out with indulgent monologues. Good call. Unfortunately the trailers took us back to the cultural moment of "games are now shitty movies".

There is going to be a lot of crap on VR.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
It was hilarious seeing these Sony executives walking on stage to the music of Holst and Verdi. Like you're doing alright Sony, but not "the bringer of war" good. Your VR experiences don't really make this the "day of wrath". At least one of those guys acknowledged how cool it was to walk in to that in the background.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
As I mentioned on Twitter last night, I'm really sorry. Enjoy what you can at E3 and then enjoy California!

Oh damn, the new Resident Evil looks creepy as fuck! I'll definitely be picking it up for the PS4!
When the trailer started, I said to Steve2 "We aren't lucky enough for this to be the new Resident Evil. This looks too much like a proper survival horror game for that." and then it was! Definitely psyched!

Odo

They will show more, I guess but... although Zelda looks cute, nothing really made me excited. Just climbing and cutting trees seems to be real new nice stuff. And that interaction with the environment rocks and stuff. The rest is just loving green grass.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
When the trailer started, I said to Steve2 "We aren't lucky enough for this to be the new Resident Evil. This looks too much like a proper survival horror game for that." and then it was! Definitely psyched!
Oh believe me, I was as skeptical as you. I mean, the last two Resident Evil games weren't the best, even if 5 was decent. But this, oh yeah, I'm definitely hyped!

a man walking in a spooky house doing nothing does not scream survival horror to me.
I'm skeptical of it being an "experience" horror game, like Outlast and the like, which I think are just as bad as RE6 action trash.

It took us two years to get a proper trailer with gameplay.

I'm sick of games getting announced with nothing. I know it isn't new but Zelda U was particularly annoying. This is my life now, I should be excited, but I'm more annoyed right now.

Link also climbs slow.

Looks good though. Time for the media blackout now.

Odo

I don't recall when people started to use the term IP for games on the mass gaming media. I'm quite fed up with this term. I see it everywhere: New IP from Sony. New RPG IP for 3DS.

Can't we just call them new game?

Soon people will be saying "hey guys, let's play this new nice intellectual property tomorrow?"

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
I can see your frustration, but using that terminology makes it less confusing.

Because it's not just a new game. The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild is a new game.

Splatoon was a new IP.

The difference is significant. It's not just a new game in a series. It's a brand new series.

Odo

I can see your frustration, but using that terminology makes it less confusing.

Because it's not just a new game. The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild is a new game.

Splatoon was a new IP.

The difference is significant. It's not just a new game in a series. It's a brand new series.
I know what it means, my point is that I find this terminology too juridical, too smart arse.

Splatoon is a new Nintendo intellectual property, but it's also a new game. When we state "Splatoon is a new game" I think it's clearly obvious it's not a new Zelda game, it's Splatoon.

Today the headlines are "Ever Oasis is a new RPG IP for 3DS". Of course it's a new IP, it's not Fire Emblem: Ever Oasis or Metroid: Ever Oasis.

It sounds even more ridiculous when we don't say I.P., like: "New Intellectual Property Ever Oasis trailer released".