Official Xbox One Thread

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Only a few hours left!
I am pretty excited to see this. I don't anticipate buying it (unless a lot of people I know buy it), but I just want to get a glimpse of what the future holds. Too many secrets have been kept, but we will finally see much of what lies in store for us.
It could be good, it could be bad, and it could certainly be ugly.

Ex-Actarus

I'm super Excited !
I hope that Microsoft will achieve to bring some excitement to a new console reveal.
- Nintendo unveiling of Wii U was a complete failure.
- Sony it was good, but more a teasing than anything else.
I want to see big games, big games "Next Gen" games.
Not just Next Gen in the graphics, but with some new gameplay elements ( please not again failed reveals as Battlefield 4 or Killzone 4 ).
I heard there will be Call of Duty Ghost, I'm quite excited to see what they have in store.
And please !!! Halo 5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't wanna hope for Killer Instinct 3, it won't happen... :(

Microsoft had the best console this gen, hands down.
So I expect them to be really strong and in a position to dominate the market PS2 style, if they get things right.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
rumor has it that they have a lot of exclusives going into launch. so that would be good. i'd take next gen halo over killzone any day.
i'll probably be getting a new xbox and a ps4 at some point over the next gen, but i don't think i'll have em both until 2015 or so. if MS puts out that subscription pricing that's been rumored then i'll probably get that first.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Today is the reveal. I have a questions as it seems to be a rumor.

Will the Xbox have a blu-ray player do you think? If so it's the most confusing move I have ever seen. Cause it's great an ignorant at the same time.

For gamers and getting in te living room it's a great and obvious move. From a business stand point why would you give that money to Sony since there part of the founding fathers of blu-ray.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
Today is the reveal. I have a questions as it seems to be a rumor.

Will the Xbox have a blu-ray player do you think? If so it's the most confusing move I have ever seen. Cause it's great an ignorant at the same time.

For gamers and getting in te living room it's a great and obvious move. From a business stand point why would you give that money to Sony since there part of the founding fathers of blu-ray.
It will either use BluRay or use some proprietary tech based on BluRay like the Wii U.... My guess is it will be a full blown BluRay player like the PS3 and the PS4.... Microsoft tried to go their own route with the 360 by trying to use HDDVD and that was a huge flop....
Sony pretty much sets the standard when it comes to media formats every gen.... Cassette, VHS, CD, DVD. BluRay.... All SONY.... Microsfoft has no fucking choice at this point but to use the standard popular format which is BluRay now so....
SONY has everybody by the balls really if you think about it.... Every gen since the PSX SONY has created the storage format by which we ALL play our games.... Even Nintendo had to go with a type of BluRay this time to stay relevant....
Just think of it like when the original XBOX had the DVD playback like the PS2.... And nobody made a huge deal out of that.... It's only because Microsoft tried to out storage format SONY last gen with Toshiba and HDDVD and became the next laserdisk epic fail that anyone will care that the new XBOX even plays BluRay at all....
Basically the BluRay thing should have happened last gen for Microsoft.... It's amazing to me that they have been able to continue on so long after launch by STILL only using DVD9s.... AMAZING....

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
One, eh?

EDIT: OK, "Watch TV" instead of pressing "input" on my remote? Fantasy league stats? Skype? Not much news or features geared at me.

EDIT 2: Three OSes? You're gonna need that 8GB.

EDIT 3: EA and MS. Who had money on that one?

EDIT 4: And finish with COD. Yep.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
Terrible name.... Kinect, Smartglass, no surprise there....
EA Sports looks the same....
Forza 5 (ZzzzZZZzz) and a teaser from REMEDY that looks cool but will probably not be done until next next gen (lol)....
Still waiting for something I want....
Steven Spilberg + HALO = who the hell cares....
Kinect + NFL = who cares....
So the big reveal ended up being CoD Ghosts.... Lame....
I love how they are literally having to show you the differences between the new CoD on next gen consoles and the old current gen CoD.... It's because the differences aren't readily apparent to people who don't really play games.... That shit is funny.... it's also a great example of how little the difference between this next gen and last gen is going to be....
And yes Microsoft finally joins the rest of the world and adds the BluRay drive.... Called that 3 years ago when I bought my PS3....
PS4 > XBOX1.... That will be all....

nerdman

pig's gotta fly
Between the PS4 and One, Deep Down is the most impressive demo shown.

Everything else is diminishing returns. If it looks good in cut scenes, but you can't notice during gameplay = diminishing returns. When the developer has to do a side by side showing arm hair and dirty fingernails it's diminishing returns.

GamingFreak1988

The Platformer Guru
I'm suspecting $499 mininum probably $599 price tag. or like $299 with maybe a 2 year contract of xbox live for $19.99 a month.

Forza 5 definitely had my interest.. nothing else though from game sides.

EvilTw1n

Everything is diminishing returns. When the developer has to do a side by side showing arm hair and dirty fingernails it's diminishing returns.
I'm at work and missed that part of the trailer. But yeah, if you have to point out differences with that degree of specificity? 'Dem diminishing returns.

Only got to watch the first 30 minutes so I didn't get to see the apparent news about Halo and COD (unsurprisingly reveals though), but from what I watched, I felt like the console audience wasn't targeted to me.

Everything is diminishing returns. When the developer has to do a side by side showing arm hair and dirty fingernails it's diminishing returns.
It didn't stop some fanboys from moving the goal post by lowering their expectations of the consoles and saying "WOW, it was a huge leap as I expected!"

[hr]
The console that focuses on games the most is going to be the winner. That's what I believe.

Ex-Actarus

We have yet to see real gameplay.
I still don't trust this was actual gameplay.

As far as the Xbox One Reveal goes, what a huge disappointement...
NOTHING, NOTHING interesting.
Off course I'm excited by the features of the system.
Of course, I'm amazed to see Spielberg colloborating in a Halo TV series.
But that wasn't the point...
Gamerz were expecting games... And to see the Next Gen gameplay.
On that aspect, that conference is a total failure.
Now,
On a marketing and entertaintement aspect, I think Microsoft did a great job.
But once again, they forget thier audience.
The gamerz....

GamingFreak1988

The Platformer Guru
I'm at work and missed that part of the trailer. But yeah, if you have to point out differences with that degree of specificity? 'Dem diminishing returns.
Even on the low res stream i watched cod looked a heck of a lot better.. in regards to comparing the current 360/ps3 consoles cod games. Wasn't blown away though based on the high end pc games I've see. Assuming that is what the game will look like when it released.

nerdman

pig's gotta fly
Now I expect both PS4 and One to blow away Wii U in graphic fidelity eventually. The systems are powerful enough, but I think it will take a couple of years into the cycle before developers really start rolling out the goodness.

It's going to uber expensive though. I wonder how this will effect the game industry.

Ex-Actarus

Now I expect both PS4 and One to blow away Wii U in graphic fidelity eventually. The systems are powerful enough, but I think it will take a couple of years into the cycle before developers really start rolling out the goodness.

It's going to uber expensive though. I wonder how this will effect the game industry.
I don't think so.
With 8 GB memory for the PS4/ One versus 512 MO on the PS3/350, we should already seen already a HUGE difference in graphics, but we didn't.
There is NOT a single game as impressive as Kameo or Project Gotham 3 were in 2005.
Not even close.
There just won't be a big leap this gen.

Ex-Actarus

PS4 is gonna win that conference was just perfect for casual gamers who like to watch tv, play fantasy football, and of course love yearly multiplatform games.
Sony had BY FAR the best Reveal conference.
Not even close.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....

"There's always been the tendency to think that technology drives change in the game industry, but I don't think that this has ever been true. We did fun games with EGA graphics and 640K of memory in the early PC days. Every year it's VR glasses, CD-ROM, 3D accelerator cards, or some other new technology that people think is going to take us to the next level, but ultimately it's always game design that helps us evolve."
Quote from Sid Meier - "Games Are Going To Take Over The World" NEXT GENERATION MAGAZINE article JULY 1997

GamingFreak1988

The Platformer Guru
Xbox One charges fee for used games.

GAME OVER MS. GAME OVER.
And that just po'd a lot of people when they find out... And just killed my interest in the system. Since that basically makes all games download now. Until you pay the fee. Which we have no idea how much it is.

EvilTw1n

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/407912/microsoft-confirms-pre-owned-fee-for-xbox-one/
Yikes.

Just, wow.

"Always on" part two, I'd wager. There will be blowback on this one.

Ex-Actarus

GamingFreak1988

The Platformer Guru

GAME OVER MS. GAME OVER.
What ?
Link ?
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/407912/microsoft-confirms-pre-owned-fee-for-xbox-one/

Yeah, I agree. PS4 had the best reveal. They obviously didn't show their entire hand, but they showed enough to get people excited.
THIS
IS
SHOCKING
That means I can't pass a game to my brothers without them paying a fee ?
In other words yes. discs are now basically physical dlc.

Ex-Actarus

GAME OVER MS. GAME OVER.
What ?
Link ?

Yeah, I agree. PS4 had the best reveal. They obviously didn't show their entire hand, but they showed enough to get people excited.
THIS
IS
SHOCKING
Now I understand why EA cancelled the online pass...
Of course, Microsoft must probably reverse a part of that fee.

So here are my (winged) impressions after watching all three conferences.
PS4 > Wii U > Xbox One (Seriously I hate this name)
I think the PS4 did a great job appealing to the tastes of its fans by essentially showing them what they wanted to see. While my opinions of the conference weren't the most positive, there's no denying the fact that many people were excited by Killzone Shadow Fall, the Deep Down Trailer, and even Knack.
The Wii U did a moderate job as while it was all about the games which the fans loved and it showed off next-gen engines (Zelda HD experience and the Bird Tech demo) which inspired hope and anticipation, we didn't get to see the games many people purchase a Nintendo console for. So Nintendo did a great job, but they could have done better.
Xbox reveal.... Xbox... Xbox. Xbox... It's hasn't even been 1 day since the reveal so I can't really speak for anyone on this, but in my opinion as core gamer, YOU FORGOT ABOUT THE GAMEZ! You completely tossed aside the audience that got you to where you are now and you've instead decided to appeal to the non-traditional iphone market over the traditional gaming market. Quite literally, what I got from this conference is that they don't want me to use their multimedia device (can I even call it a console anymore?) for mostly core gameplay. That want me to spend most of my time watching TV/Movies and talking to my Xbox about how my day was. Now if I put myself in the shoes of the non-traditional gamer, I think I would be impressed. A device where I can play my yearly multiplatform games, watch movies, and watch TV all by just speaking to the console would evolutionary for me at first though. But I own apple products that can be hooked up to my TV so I'm not too sure if I would want to cash into this console.

[hr]If you ask me, so far
, I think this generation is going to be PS4 vs Wii U with Xbox One (I still want to call it 720) kind of hanging around it the background. I'm sure people believe in second chances and E3 is coming up so maybe Microsoft will show us games that will meet our expectations or blow us away.

GamingFreak1988

The Platformer Guru
I wonder if rental companies will be allowed to rent out xbox one games. Cause if they can... either one these scenarios will happen.
[list type=decimal][*]Gamers rent the games then pay the fee for a massive price difference, assuming the fee isn't massive. [*]Rental companies rent the games for a very high price which basically makes them pointless.
Or microsoft bans rental companies from renting out xbox one games.[/list type=decimal]

GAME OVER MS. GAME OVER.
What ?
Link ?

THIS
IS
SHOCKING
Microsoft, when gamers said they wanted companies and developers to take bold new risks. I think they were being serious when they used the word "bold".
At least when you sign the licensing agreement with Steam, they say somewhere at the bottom that if Valve were to go out of buisness, all your files will be downloadable onto your PC.

I don't think so.
With 8 GB memory for the PS4/ One versus 512 MO on the PS3/350, we should already seen already a HUGE difference in graphics, but we didn't.
There is NOT a single game as impressive as Kameo or Project Gotham 3 were in 2005.
Not even close.
There just won't be a big leap this gen.
Yes, finally people are accepting this. Now we can actually have fun with our games.
@Prime I think so unless they can somehow make a huge turn around come E3 and suddenly announce that they were just kidding about the console having to be "Always On" (not online) and having to pay a fee for used games.

Ex-Actarus

I'm going to await for E3 to pass my final judgement, but so far it doesn't look that good :-w

Some of my Xbox fanboy friends liked it though :p
I'm a pretty strong Xbox fan.
I had the original Xbox and loved it.
I had more games on it than I had on Gamecube...
I already said the 360 was the best console this gen ( I have it as well of course ), not even close.

But after watching this event,
And,
With all the news regarding the pre-owned fee and Kinect mandatory.
I just can't see how I can be excited about the Xbone.

Ex-Actarus

Tell you what though, I think this Xbox reveal just set the Wii U up for a fantastic E3/ND fest come back.
I have to agree on that big time.
I can't believe Microsoft is destroying ALL the momentum it had among gamerz.
Since Kinect, it's been downhilll.

Mostly a meh conference but I assume the games will be shown at E3. They did say they have 15 exclusives and 8 new IPs launching in the first year so that's a big change from normal for MS. Question is how many of the games/IPs are Kinect?

They confirmed after that that it doesn't need to be online all the time.

No backward compatibility and no used games is a punch in the gut to a lot gamers and a bad move IMO.

I think this will sell in the US where their target demo(males 16-35) wants Halo, CoD, sports games and media capabilities.

E3 is setting up to be mostly about games which is going to be really awesome.

Ex-Actarus

I managed to see some reactions on NeoGaf ( when it wasn't crashed ) and on other sites ( IGN, GT, CVG, ect ), gamerw are extremely unhappy ( that's un understatement ) with the "Preowned fee"...