Official Xbox One Thread

GaemzDood

I'm wasent impressed by The Division as much as I have like Ubi as of late. It looks ALOT like Watchdogs re-skin.

3rd person shooter (tho squad so that's different)

Watchdogs set in Chicago, Division set in Manhatten.

Watchdogs summer-fall, Division in winter.

Sprawling open world

Different story lines but both dealing with real life.

I don't know it just seems much more of the same in alot of ways IMO. No way am I knocking it. I was just personally underwhelmed cause it just reminded me of Waychdogs world just re-skinned.
i don't find them that similar at all. watchdogs seems like an open world sandboxy type of game, where the division seems like a more linear action game revolving around mp co-op..
they both look good though IMO.
The Division is also open world.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
Why is Source a bad thing? It's highly scalable, isn't buggy (opposite of Gamebryo), and can handle a lot of particle effects and objects on screen while still making the game run smoothly.
It's a great engine.... I was just pointing out that the most hyped next gen game was using a last gen engine.... Kinda of like a joke.... Like haha funny.... get it....? :O)
I love source and play L4D2 on the daily.... I just troll stuff for fun.... Nothing more.... I plan to buy this for PC....

MS pushed hard, and will have the launch a few days earlier than the previous date they expected of the 27th. The final date is now the 22nd of Nov. This is due to manufacturing of the console going better than expected, even allowing the CPU and GPU clockspeeds to be updated.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Heh, a little late, but...
They deserved it. They needed to be called out.
I love the sheer cheekiness of someone calling it fanboyism to call foul on policies many people were upset about, but it's somehow level-headed and objective to play apologist for said policies (gee, that's not fanboyish at all).

Anyways, interesting info on the release date bump and the updated Kinect.

I don't think MS needs to pull a rabbit out of a hat; if they advertise this thing correctly, they'll carve out a space for a new Kinect. They'll be fighting the high sticker price for a bit, though.

Probably not any time soon. It's just too expensive and doesn't have enough interesting exclusives to justify a purchase yet. That and I usually avoid buying systems at launch. Nothing against the Xbone or anything, since I feel the same way towards the PS4 as well.

I do, however, plan on picking up a 360 sometime in the near future, so I can play what original Xbox and 360 exclusives I've missed out on over the years. :p

Ex-Actarus

Yes I understand and respect that.

I think that the 360 and PS3 are still expensive even 8 and 7 years after their release.

Where are the 100$ consoles ?

They really are though, aren't they? Even used ones are still over $100, sometimes even over $200. I usually look for smaller second-hand stores, since they tend to offer a better deal than Gamestop or ask around friends who have ones they no longer play and/or have broken down systems, since I know of a place that does most repairs for fairly cheap.

I lucked out with my PS3, since it was my friend's old broken one which he gave me for free. Fortunately it was an easy fix, since all it needed was a new HDD. Another friend gave me a RRoDed 360, but I haven't gotten around to trying to fix it just yet. Something tells me it's not going to be as easy though.

Ex-Actarus

And do what? Play Crimson Dragon? Dead Rising 3?

Crytek's Tech Demo?
Right.

*Only thing worth it on the system*

Still better exclusives than the PS4...

And Titanfall is just around the corner ( March 2014 ).

I'm still onboard for Day 1.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite

Crytek's Tech Demo?
Right.

i think the xb1 at launch is looking better than the ps4 in pretty much every single way. right now i'm going ps4 first though because that's what my friends are getting. the hundred bucks is a factor too with the holidays coming up. i have like $450-500 budgeted for gifts and the extra hundo for xb1 would make things a little tighter than i'd like.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018

Crytek's Tech Demo?
Right.

i think the xb1 at launch is looking better than the ps4 in pretty much every single way. right now i'm going ps4 first though because that's what my friends are getting. the hundred bucks is a factor too with the holidays coming up. i have like $450-500 budgeted for gifts and the extra hundo for xb1 would make things a little tighter than i'd like.
Had it not been for the price, the Xbox One would likely do better at launch

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite

Crytek's Tech Demo?
Right.

Their fucked up reveal and pre-launch messaging did a lot of damage too. If more people knew all the facts, I don't think ps4 would have as big a pre-order lead as it does.

There were no facts that contradicted the messaging, most of which came out of MS.

I don't blame MS. It's hard to sell a console for such a price that sports features consumers could care less about.

That price can't stay at $500, at least if they struggle to sustain sales.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
There were no facts that contradicted the messaging, most of which came out of MS.

I don't blame MS. It's hard to sell a console for such a price that sports features consumers could care less about.

the problem wasn't contradiction, it was uncertainty. ms didn't clearly explain their agenda, so internet generated rumor and speculation (all negative) were substituted for facts. that's microsoft's fault for having shitty messaging.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018

Crytek's Tech Demo?
Right.

Their fucked up reveal and pre-launch messaging did a lot of damage too. If more people knew all the facts, I don't think ps4 would have as big a pre-order lead as it does.
Agreed and a shame too because it really is a good system

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
Of course the Xbox One is looking better than the PS4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Run8gMVYj2Y
I'm quite sure the whole "Ghosts on XB1 in 720p" is just BS rumors from GAF. If a cross-gen game can run in 1080p on the PS4, I see no reason why it couldn't do the same on the XB1

the problem wasn't contradiction, it was uncertainty. ms didn't clearly explain their agenda, so internet generated rumor and speculation (all negative) were substituted for facts. that's microsoft's fault for having shitty messaging.
Just really seems like they were unprepared, but they still have an opportunity to sell me with Kinect to some degree. If it's as accurate as they say, it could pave way to some nice simulators. Though, the lack of buttons is a bit concerning.

Aki

I'm still on the fence about XB1. I might get one and I might not, it really depends on what exclusive content it's going to bring to the table because I prefer to play all third party games on PS since I'm really familiar with the controller. Currently, the only series that I'm into on Xbox is Halo. Halo 4 was phenomenal, unfortunately, Halo alone won't make me buy the console, especially seeing as it's more expensive than PS4 and to me it's nowhere near PS4, so it's almost like a slap in the face by MS just because they want to force Kinnect upon you. I'm not really into Gears and Fable has progressively gotten more shitty with each installment, which saddens me because I'm a huge FABLE: TLC fan. So we'll see what happens. I hope XB1 is worth a purchase because I feel like each console has something unique to offer.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
I'm still on the fence about XB1. I might get one and I might not, it really depends on what exclusive content it's going to bring to the table because I prefer to play all third party games on PS since I'm really familiar with the controller. Currently, the only series that I'm into on Xbox is Halo. Halo 4 was phenomenal, unfortunately, Halo alone won't make me buy the console, especially seeing as it's more expensive than PS4 and to me it's nowhere near PS4, so it's almost like a slap in the face by MS just because they want to force Kinnect upon you. I'm not really into Gears and Fable has progressively gotten more shitty with each installment, which saddens me because I'm a huge FABLE: TLC fan. So we'll see what happens. I hope XB1 is worth a purchase because I feel like each console has something unique to offer.
of the announced exclusives, i'm really interested in quantam break, killer instinct, dead rising 3, sunset overdrive and of course halo. there isn't a single ps4 exclusive i'm really looking forward to right now. i'll probably get killzone just because. but my ps4 will be used mostly for sports games and f2p stuff i can already get on PC as of right now. even games like AC4 and watchdogs are gonna be PC games for me. i definitely think xb1 has a more exciting line up going forward.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
quantum break has a few trailers and a gif showing in game graphics. that plus the fact that it's another AAA title from remedy is enough to get me excited for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E087GDdXYl4

^ "playable scene... running in real time"

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/scale_super/19/198671/2560617-4947536421-9f048.gif

sunset overdrive is a brand new next-gen IP from insomniac that looks like a cross between jet set radio and left 4 dead. anyone with a pulse should be excited for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqJdZQPBDF0

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
My cousin who's a big Xbox guy said "what was that colorful game they showed at e3? Looks like sht".

I told him he was hopeless cause outside of TitanFall it was the only game that looked pretty fun.

EDIT: he was talking about Sunset overdrive my cousin was

Project Spark was probably the most interesting game shown at the Xbone E3 conference, but it's also coming to PC, as is Titanfall, so it bears no incentive for me to buy an Xbone. So far the most interesting Xbone games to me are Killer Instinct, Ryse, and Crimson Dragon. Halo 5 will eventually be added to that list, and I'm still keeping my eye on Dead Rising 3 and Sunset Overdrive.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
Project Spark was probably the most interesting game shown at the Xbone E3 conference, but it's also coming to PC, as is Titanfall, so it bears no incentive for me to buy an Xbone. So far the most interesting Xbone games to me are Killer Instinct, Ryse, and Crimson Dragon. Halo 5 will eventually be added to that list, and I'm still keeping my eye on Dead Rising 3 and Sunset Overdrive.
spark looked like an interesting concept for sure, but i don't know if they'll be able to turn that into an enjoyable game. but time will tell.

All the games were just "interesting" to me, but didn't make me wish I had enough money to get an Xbox One.
Project Spark-ed my interest more than the others.
I just really need to see Gameplay for Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive.
Dead Rising 3 looks solid.

Final Fantasy no longer exists. Its all about dat Last Story

Anime styled RPG's still exist because Japan likes to draw things anime style. Classic tropes non withstanding as part of the formula.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
Forgot about that. Yeah, it looks like something I'd play