Opinion on the mario movie casting

I really have only one question about the Mario movie. Why didn't they cast Charles martinet as Mario? I mean, maybe he was busy and couldn't do the movie, but I just don't understand. Charles has been the voice of Mario for song long it seems unreasonable to cast a new voice for the main character of the movie. Please tell me they're keeping Charles Martinet for the games. I would hate to loose the long time voice of Mario. What is the status on Charles' work on voicing Mario. Is he still voicing Mario in the games or are they getting rid of him or is he retiring. Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

-Chillypengo

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
I'm probably in the minority, but I had zero interest in Charles Martinet playing Mario in the full Mario movie. That voice would have not gone over well for 90 minutes. For a woo-hoo here or there, sure, but not the whole thing.
From what I understand, Charles is adding some voice-over work to the movie. Probably for Mario's jumps and other exclamations that he uses in the game.
But just how Peach's in-game voice would have been too grating and baby for a movie, Mario's in-game voice would not have worked for actual dialogue.