Overwatch is the best game this generation

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I put in like 30-40 hours in the open beta, but haven't been able to buy the full release yet. It's killing me. Yeah it's a fantastic game, it's one of the few games (along with Splatoon and Monster Hunter) that make me smile from sheer happiness when I'm playing it.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
I put in like 30-40 hours in the open beta, but haven't been able to buy the full release yet. It's killing me. Yeah it's a fantastic game, it's one of the few games (along with Splatoon and Monster Hunter) that make me smile from sheer happiness when I'm playing it.
Hey, Juegos (and everyone else I suppose), what were your preferred classes to use? I personally gravitated towards Soldiery 76 and Widowmaker

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Hey, Juegos (and everyone else I suppose), what were your preferred classes to use? I personally gravitated towards Soldiery 76 and Widowmaker
I'd say my favorite was D.Va, it feels awesome to fly around in a mech and be able to tank some hits and kill big targets with a little hard work. Others I really liked were Genji, Zarya, Pharrah, Zenyatta, and in some cases Symmetra. A lot of other characters I basically like them enough to play them when the map or team comp calls for it (like if I have to pick a Reinhardt to push with the shield, I'm cool doing that). I really only disliked Roadhogg and Junkrat, but I feel like I should get past my prejudices because they're both super useful in a team, and sometimes you need to be that guy that tries to counter an effective opponent team's strategy.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
I'd say my favorite was D.Va, it feels awesome to fly around in a mech and be able to tank some hits and kill big targets with a little hard work. Others I really liked were Genji, Zarya, Pharrah, Zenyatta, and in some cases Symmetra. A lot of other characters I basically like them enough to play them when the map or team comp calls for it (like if I have to pick a Reinhardt to push with the shield, I'm cool doing that). I really only disliked Roadhogg and Junkrat, but I feel like I should get past my prejudices because they're both super useful in a team, and sometimes you need to be that guy that tries to counter an effective opponent team's strategy.
Oh God. Reading your post reminds me there were so many characters I didn't really get a chance to try out during the Beta. Out of the ones you've liked, I only played as Genji and Zarya, both of whom I was terrible with but that's more to do with me not spending enough time with them to get good with. How'd you like Pharrah, Zenyatta, and Symmetra?

Junkrat looked interesting to me but, with finals, I only let myself play around with a handful of characters. Can't say anything about Roadhogg though. What didn't you like about them?

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Oh God. Reading your post reminds me there were so many characters I didn't really get a chance to try out during the Beta. Out of the ones you've liked, I only played as Genji and Zarya, both of whom I was terrible with but that's more to do with me not spending enough time with them to get good with. How'd you like Pharrah, Zenyatta, and Symmetra?

Junkrat looked interesting to me but, with finals, I only let myself play around with a handful of characters. Can't say anything about Roadhogg though. What didn't you like about them?
With Junkrat and Roadhogg, I just don't like their visual design. And Junkrat's Ultimate and Roadhogg's hook are super annoying to deal with, so just seeing them nearly triggers me.

Pharrah is great, it feels so good to be able to rocket-jump into the sky and float around while shooting rockets at everything. I didn't do well because I had bad aim, but after playing Unreal Tournament for a few days I feel like I sharpened my aim once again so I can't wait to play with her more once I buy the game.

Zenyatta is awesome because he's a completely different way of playing the game. You can almost be more effective by sitting back and seeing how the battlefield looks instead of sticking to the front lines. And the concept of a buddhist robot monk is super cool.

Symmetra I like because she's such an underrated character. Everyone assumes she's bottom-tier and absolutely harmless, but she can wreck a Reinhardt or a Roadhogg in a few seconds by catching them just a bit unaware. Her mega buster also goes through Reinhardt's shield, and it can be spammed into doors or narrow passageways to really weaken people trying to come through. Combined with smartly placed turrets, she can really deny areas to people, especially if she comboes with a Roadhogg that hooks people into the range of the turrets. That said, there are many scenarios where she's nearly useless, so that's a bummer.

Last edited:

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
With Junkrat and Roadhogg, I just don't like their visual design. And Junkrat's Ultimate and Roadhogg's hook are super annoying to deal with, so just seeing them nearly triggers me.

Pharrah is great, it feels so good to be able to rocket-jump into the sky and float around while shooting rockets at everything. I didn't do well because I had bad aim, but after playing Unreal Tournament for a few days I feel like I sharpened my aim once again so I can't wait to play with her more once I buy the game.

Zenyatta is awesome because he's a completely different way of playing the game. You can almost be more effective by sitting back and seeing how the battlefield looks instead of sticking to the front lines. And the concept of a buddhist robot monk is super cool.

Symmetra I like because she's such an underrated character. Everyone assumes she's bottom-tier and absolutely harmless, but she can wreck a Reinhardt or a Roadhogg in a few seconds by catching them just a bit unaware. Her mega buster also goes through Reinhardt's shield, and it can be spammed into doors or narrow passageways to really weaken people trying to come through. Combined with smartly placed turrets, she can really deny areas to people, especially if she comboes with a Roadhogg that hooks people into the range of the turrets. That said, there are many scenarios where she's nearly useless, so that's a bummer.
Ahh...the hook. So that's who was using it. Yeah, never mind, fuck him

Heh, that was the common thing I saw with Pharah players. I think that worked out well against characters that had slower weapons but not so much with characters that can actually land some hits on her

I actually don't know how I ever dealt with Zenyatta. Like, how did you personally use him?

Hmm...what kind of scenarios would you consider her useless in?

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
Oh yeah. Nice comparison.

I meant Overwatch looks like a Splatoon (colorful, fun, shooting) for PS4 and it includes all the things that shooters fans want that they complain about on Splatoon.
In a way, yeah, but Overwatch is even more lacking in content than Splatoon. It has voice chat, unlike Splatoon, but it also has less modes and no single player campaign. I guess it depends on what you value in an online multiplayer shooter

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Game is fucking awesome.
It makes Splatoon look like dogshit.
Game of the Gen so far for me.
So the game is like splatoon? Or more like TF2? Some people have compared it to splatoon, some to TF2. I just wanna know why these comparisons are being made.

Is it because there are different classes, or do you do some type of painting mechanic? Is it because it's 4v4 (I don't know if Overwatch is).?

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I think they get compared because they're the only non-COD-like FPS out there that have a lot of depth and are immediately fun to play. In terms of skill, Splatoon focuses more on fundamentals while Overwatch focuses more on class selection, and the teams' class composition. You still need fundamental skills like spacing and positioning to do well in Overwatch, but being able to pick the right classes for a map, to counter the opposite team's classes, and to combo with your teammates' classes, are all more important skills than being able to land your headshots or knowing when to get in and out of cover.

In general, Overwatch is more like Team Fortress 2 because it's class based and objective based.

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
So the game is like splatoon? Or more like TF2? Some people have compared it to splatoon, some to TF2. I just wanna know why these comparisons are being made.

Is it because there are different classes, or do you do some type of painting mechanic? Is it because it's 4v4 (I don't know if Overwatch is).?
I'm just talking shit cause I'm having more fun with it over Splatoon.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
less modes and no single player campaign. I guess it depends on what you value in an online multiplayer shooter
most online fps players don't care about either of those things...

but yes, this is why i won't buy it. same reason i didn't buy siege - i won't support devs for releasing games like this for $60. it's worth $20 at most. team fortress 2 is free.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
most online fps players don't care about either of those things...

but yes, this is why i won't buy it. same reason i didn't buy siege - i won't support devs for releasing games like this for $60. it's worth $20 at most. team fortress 2 is free.
Oh true but I still appreciate having them. I suppose I'm an exception but I like single player campaigns and local multiplayer

I don't think it's worth $60 either but I'd say something like $30 - $40 is fair. $20 would be a steal

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
team fortress is free, CS: GO is like $15, you can get BF4 for $20, why are you eager to spend 3x more on overwatch? NOT worth it. who's fucking stupid?
TF2 was not free at first. It's almost 10 years old so of course it's free and it's age surely shows.
Not my problem you're a cheapskate.
But crying for the game to be priced at a measly $20 is fucking stupid.

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
And further more I never once fucking said "I'm eager to spend $60"
Never fucking said that, yet people like you are quick to stuff words down people's throats that is NOT true for a shitty defense.
I am not defending the price point for this game one bit. But when you wine and cry that the game should be priced at $20 at launch, that's fucking stupid and I will call you out on your cheapness.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I happily paid $60 for Titanfall.... But the truth is, I should have waited....

Its price dropped off of the face of the Earth not long after launch....

I won't be getting into Overwatch simply because I don't have money to eat, let alone for new games....

But I see this game staying @ $60 on console for a while....

Meanwhile, Battleborn has already made huge steps in price dropping to keep the game alive in the wake of all the Overwatch hype....

Think about how those guys feel that paid $60 at launch just this month, only to have the games price slashed the same month it was released....

That is what happenes with these online only games....

If they don't take off right away, they slash the prices to try and get people to buy in....

Overwatches price is secure at $60 because of its huge popularity already....

Probably be that way for a while too....

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
I happily paid $60 for Titanfall.... But the truth is, I should have waited....

Its price dropped of the face of the Earth not long after launch....

I won't be getting into Overwatch simply because I don't have money to eat, let alone for new games....

But I see this game staying a $60 on console for a while....

Meanwhile, Battleborn has already made huge steps in price dropping to keep the game alive in the wake of all the Overwatch hype....

Think about how those guys feel that paid $60 at launch just last month, only to have the games price slashed the same month it was released....

That is what happenes with these online only games....

If they don't take off right away, they slash the prices to try and get people to buy in....

Overwatches price is secure at $60 because of it's huge popularity already....

Probably be that way for a while too....
Battleborn turned out to be a mediocre version of this type of game. And the devs and publishers knew it and it just wasn't released at a good time. So it's price drop is justified.
Maybe Overwatch shouldn't be priced at $60 on consoles.
Maybe it should match its PC price.
Maybe Overwatch is the game of the gen for a lot of us.
Or maybe it's just going be the multiplayer game of the gen.
Maybe Maybe Maybe
All I know is, its the best multiplayer game in a long fucking time for me. I paid $60 and I took that risk. You won't see me bitching when the priced drops next week or next month or next fucking year. I knew what I was getting into and I didn't think twice about paying $60 for the game.
But when people cry the game should be $twenty fucking bucks at launch I will call them out on that. That's a ridiculous price point to cry about and just being flat out fucking cheap.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I don't think Major is crying about anything honestly....

He probably feels it's really not worth the money....

And some won't....

I mean, it is an online only game, with very few modes or features from what I understand of it....

And it's like getting the opposite reaction that games like Titanfall recieved tons of flack from these same people about....

Why Overwatch is getting free passes on lack of single player, lack of modes and content, I honestly don't know....

I mean, it must be that good for people to be overlooking these things and still praising it up and down....

I haven't played it, so I don't know....

But from what I have seen, I'm not sure why this would be the game of any generation....

There's nothing revolutionary about it, it literally takes it best cues from other games, I mean....

The only thing I can come up with is the fact that it's Blizzard....

If this game were made by anybody else, I honestly don't think people would care near as much about it....

In fact, I think people would be ripping it a new one for the lack of content at such a high price tag....

They do it on other games of this type all the time....

But, you know, Blizzard so....

Just my two cents....

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
I never played a Blizzard game.
And I don't indulge myself in these types of games hardly at all. Maybe that makes me a unique case. But I'm enjoying this game.
"Revolutionary" of course it's not. Everything has been done in gaming. So nothing will ever be revolutionary. That goes for music as well. Everything has been done already.
I never played Titanfall. And don't plan on Titanfall 2 either. Nor do I plan on the new CoD nor Battlefield. These games aren't my jam. So I'm pretty picky when it comes to these type of games. That probably makes me a unique case. But for the record Overwatch is fucking incredible. And for someone to say they won't get it cause it should be $20 is ridiculous. It's a brand fucking new game. Why the fuck would it be $20?! That's just ludicrous to me and I had to say something. But lolwell. I got a good laugh and said me piece. He can reply with his wall of text to my replies above and he can have the last word.
I'm having a fucking blast with the game. And so is everyone else that got the game and the reviews themselves show this is the multiplayer game of the year so far.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
Meh, that is what Blizzard does.... Takes established genres and makes their own polished takes on them....

Games don't have to be revolutionary to be successful....

I'm just saying, why is Overwatch the game of this gen...?

What makes it so much better than anything else out there...?

I'm still waiting to read about what makes this game so special....

But it might just be something I have to experience myself to understand....

So I may never understand....

I hated TF2.... So if this is just Blizzard's take on TF2, then I may pass on it altogether, even when money might become availible....

I mean, the popualarity of this game might be the only factor that points to it being this gen's go to game....

But what about the game itself warrents such praise...?

I have yet to see it put into words that one who has not played it can understand and cling on to....

Help me understand.... Why is Overwatch the game of this generation...?

Mind you, this gen is not over yet guys....

Last edited:

Odo

When I saw Splatoon, I said "no way I'm going to pay $60". I got Splatton some months later for $45. Well, the game is great, for me it'd deserve $60.

About comparisons with Splatoon, I think Splatoon showed everyone that you can have a colourfull "childish" fun shooter can be great a game. So after Splatoon's success, when people look at Overwatch, they see Splatoon for PS4.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
@thekiller7

I do believe games can still be revolutionary and not all things have been done yet. It's just much rarer these days.

But SPLATOON as silly as this sounds and as basic as it is. I think the swim mechanic is truely revolutionary in this game. I've never quite did anything like it in a game before.

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
@thekiller7

I do believe games can still be revolutionary and not all things have been done yet. It's just much rarer these days.

But SPLATOON as silly as this sounds and as basic as it is. I think the swim mechanic is truely revolutionary in this game. I've never quite did anything like it in a game before.
I wouldn't call it revolutionary myself. but I will call it unique. And it is a great game. I just burned myself out on it and was talking shit when I compared the two. It wasn't a great comparison honestly. when OW is more akin to a modern better version of Team Fortress 2. I wasn't impressed with TF2 back in the day, yet I do love me some OW.

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
Neither right now. I did get to sink a few hours into this game on my nephew's PC. I got murdered, but I still had fun. I just love the concept; it's my kind of game.
That's good to hear. I'm loving it myself. You'll get better and better at it. I suck right now but ill get better...
Let me know when you get a PS4 or X1. This game is so much fun.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
Meh, that is what Blizzard does.... Takes established genres and makes their own polished takes on them....

Games don't have to be revolutionary to be successful....

I'm just saying, why is Overwatch the game of this gen...?

What makes it so much better than anything else out there...?

I'm still waiting to read about what makes this game so special....

But it might just be something I have to experience myself to understand....

So I may never understand....

I hated TF2.... So if this is just Blizzard's take on TF2, then I may pass on it altogether, even when money might become availible....

I mean, the popualarity of this game might be the only factor that points to it being this gen's go to game....

But what about the game itself warrents such praise...?

I have yet to see it put into words that one who has not played it can understand and cling on to....

Help me understand.... Why is Overwatch the game of this generation...?

Mind you, this gen is not over yet guys....
Exactly, it's another class based shooter is all. I bet it goes Heroes of the Storm style f2p before long.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Nah I've always been a Mac user and I'm not playing any games on that thing.

Honestly as far as PC / Mac laptop whatever I use my Mobil phone for 99% of everything. I couldn't tell you the last time I looked at an actual computer screen.

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
Nah I've always been a Mac user and I'm not playing any games on that thing.

Honestly as far as PC / Mac laptop whatever I use my Mobil phone for 99% of everything. I couldn't tell you the last time I looked at an actual computer screen.
Ditto to all of this.
Mac user here and I don't game on it. I look at my work computer all day so looking at another computer at home is the last thing I wanna do.