Pillar of the Community Award - April 2014

Menashe

Time for another new forum feature!! Each month we're going to vote for one member to receive the Pillar of the Community Award.

They will get a free Wii U or 3DS game (of their choice) shipped to them from Amazon - compliments of the site. And under their name and avatar, for the rest of eternity - through rain or shine, heaven or hell- it will show off that they are a Pillar of the Community. Lastly, our artists will make a caricature of them and on the homepage of the site, in the sidebar, throughout the following month, it will have their caricature portrait with their name and award on display. When clicked on, it will bring readers to their profile page where they can start checking out their latest posts and threads.

Each year, 12 members will get inducted as a Pillar of the Community, based on the votes of the community. The only people not eligible are the mods and administrators, and voting for yourself. Everyone else, as long as they are signed up to the forums, are fair game. On the 25th of each month we will put up the thread to collect before the end of the month.

So, vote below for 1 person who you think should get the April 2014 Pillar of the Community Award. The member with the most votes by May 1st will win the first award.

Also, whoever wins, ask for Star Wars Battlefront 3 Wii U. That way Menashe will have to make a big fuss to amazon about how he can't find the game in their store and they'll complain to EA and then EA will be forced to bring it to Wii U (or Menashe will send @sknygy) and then I'll be the happiest camper here (Unless DICE, who I have no faith in, screws up).

Awesome idea! I hope to get a free game one day :3

This is tricky, so many people to vote for but I think because of his recent TNE BLUES videos and various posts, @LightsaberBlues get's my vote for this month! Next month I'll vote someone else!

Also should mod's be excluded? Matt, Supah, Fried, etc are as much a part of this community as anyone :confused:

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Awesome idea! I hope to get a free game one day :3

This is tricky, so many people to vote for but I think because of his recent TNE BLUES videos and various posts, @LightsaberBlues get's my vote for this month! Next month I'll vote someone else!

Also should mod's be excluded? Matt, Supah, Fried, etc are as much a part of this community as anyone :confused:
For myself I think I would feel strange getting this honor because I'm only able to do so much because I can get the info to Menashe.

If the community thinks it's ok for us to be voted than so be it I won't argue. I would just hope that of people voted for me it was because of my post and just being a part of the community.

Not for the things I do cause I try and stay busy around here for you guys.

Menashe

I don't think mods should be eligible because they're obviously pillars of the community. In fact, the community voted them in as the people they want taking responsibility for the community and having their best interests in mind. You don't get more pillar than that. We don't need another vote to confirm that for us. Let's give other people a chance for the recognition, even if they're not taking on any kind of new role other than being awesome.