Point & Click recommendations please

I'm a relatively recent Switch owner & love the platform and all I've bought for it so far, but would love to get my Mother involved & she would but not with the hacking/slashing/shooting/jumping on top of thing stuff I tend to prefer. She would with the puzzlers though (good ones) can folk tell me what's decent on Switch. Any classic point & click's like Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, Broken Sword Sott, Discworld II etc. A heads up for more contemporary stuff or other good puzzlers, not necessarily P & C's would be greatly appreciated also..

Last edited:

simplyTravis

"A nice guy, but looks like a f'n Jedi!"
I'm a relatively recent Switch owner & love the platform and all I've bought for it so far, but would love to get my Mother involved & she would but not with the hacking/slashing/shooting/jumping on top of thing stuff I tend to prefer. She would with the puzzlers though (good ones) can folk tell me what's decent on Switch. Any classic point & click's like Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, Broken Sword Sott, Discworld II etc. A heads up for more contemporary stuff or other good puzzlers, not necessarily P & C's would be greatly appreciated also..
I would suggest grabbing some older style puzzle games like Boom Beast, Puyo Puyo Tetris, or Puzzle Bobble (put it on easy). A lot of the P&C's are very, very specific in regards to what you have to do and sometimes become too frustrating for a gamer that is not really involved in those genres.

I also highly suggest Stardew Valley. It's a wonderful farm/life simulator kinda game that has charm oozing out it's virtual pores. Just be prepared to allow your Switch to be taken up by someone else for an extended period of time. There is also a new multiplayer mode that allows you to build a second house so y'all can work together on the same farm/game seperately or simultaneously if you own two Switch systems. My wife is not a gamer in the hack & slash genre but even she got into the cave crawling after being more comfortable with the other parts of the games.

Why has no one recommended any Point and Clicks?

The switch has a few, try looking up:

The Darkside Detective
Thimbleweed Park
Oxenfree
Grim Fandango Remastered
Detention
The Coma: Recut
Goetia
Broken Sword 5

Theres so many out there! If it helps, I did a review of The Darkside Detective on my channel a while back: