Post your controversial gaming opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechnoHobbit

Ash nazg durbatulûk
@TechnoHobbit You are the first ever to disagree with a post of mine (Or click that icon with these new forums anyway), explain yourself!
Oops. :eek: I didn't know that it would send a notification lol.

Anyway, you said "3D Land was mediocre as hell, or average." Which I strongly disagree with, I personally think the game was brilliant and a wonderful start to 3D Mario on handhelds.

Oops. :eek: I didn't know that it would send a notification lol.

Anyway, you said "3D Land was mediocre as hell, or average." Which I strongly disagree with, I personally think the game was brilliant and a wonderful start to 3D Mario on handhelds.
Yeah you get notified if anyone rates your post with any of the 4 buttons.

Anyway I suppose some people just really liked the game more than others, but to me the game was rather bland though I will say it was enjoyable at least. 3D World is a much better game that improves on the formula.

Yeah you get notified if anyone rates your post with any of the 4 buttons.

Anyway I suppose some people just really liked the game more than others, but to me the game was rather bland though I will say it was enjoyable at least. 3D World is a much better game that improves on the formula.
You said 3D Land was bland?! I need to find that post so that I can click disagree. :mad:

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
^
Heh, 'twas a funny time the past couple of months, where I'd be online with Matt playing COD, and he'd be talking about not liking 3D World, and I'd be talking about not liking Wonderful 101.

Majico and @Goodtwin not digging DKCTF is what made me sit that one out.
Twilight Princess is the best Legend of Zelda game.
I would've sworn we discussed that before in this thread, but yeah, I think I agree. I have an appreciation for all Zelda games, but LoZ:TP brought me back into the Nintendo fold. It's just so effing good. I've been putting off replaying it, in the hopes of an HD remastered version, but sooner or later I'm going to have to pop it in.

[Plus, Midna. Best sidekick ever.]

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within = The Two Thrones > Sands of Time. Warrior Within has the best combat, despite having way too much backtracking and some cheesy dialogue ("YOU BITCH!"). The Two Thrones just took Warrior Within's combat and removed the ability to decapitate enemies after backflipping off of them (although you can decapitate them with a stealth kill and playing as the Dark Prince), removed the ability to cut enemies in half (although you can cut enemies' middle bodies in half as the Dark Prince), added some cool ass stealth kills, and added the Dark Prince, who is fucking awesome to play as. Why do I consider Sands of Time the weakest of the series? The gameplay, really. It has the best characters & story of the series, but the combat is pretty mediocre all around despite the platforming being a perfect 3D transition of Prince of Persia 1 & 2.

Either way, all three games are the GOAT and you should get them as soon as possible.
The WIi version is the best version of Sands of Time since its a completely different game

GaemzDood

Some of the shit was wrong in my tl;dr essay that I shortened. You can decapitate enemies by backflipping off of them, you just have to hold B (playing on the 'Cube). You can also slice enemies in a half, but it's a lot harder to do than in Warrior Within.

Lol'ing at contrarians on Tapatalk

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Actually I think the NES would be. Without it Nintendo would have a much harder time breaking in to the game industry and many of their classic games might not have come to exist.
I can agree with this. They both broke the mold of what was before it and did something new. I can respect this post tho, and I understand the view point it comes from.

Koenig

The Architect
The way I see it, it goes as such:
Gamecube = Nintendo's best console.
N64 = Nintendo's best game library.
NES = Nintendo's most successful
Wii = Nintendo's second most successful/innovative.

N64 is only worthwhile if you like RARE Ocarina of Time, Mario 64 and StarFox.

SNES GCN and Wii are better imo.

But GCN had middling sequels to N64 games and a lot of great GCN games started in conception on the N64 ( animal crossing, eternal darkness, ect)

N64 is the reason Nintendo has problems with western thirds to some extents until the Wii.

Tucker

“Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”
I was playing a little Halo Anniversary at a buddy's place the other day. Assault on the Control Room at Heroic difficulty was still as tense as I remember it, and a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Say what you want about Halo 1, it wasn't just a flash in the pan - sequel after sequel and hype after hype has changed our outlook on it over the years. In my mind, however, Halo is still a rock-solid game worthy of the best of the genre. The music, the pacing, the difficulty... it's all just sort of right.

Tucker

“Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”
Halo is overrated.
I'd agree with you past 2 (I couldn't even finish 4), but the first game still holds up today in terms of gameplay (which I was just playing the other day on a lark; the graphical overhaul in the Anniversary Edition certainly doesn't hurt), and the 2nd one is still among my fondest memories of online gaming beside Counter-Strike 1.6. The franchise is definitely not all it's cracked up to be, but the early games are standing the test of time and in that respect I'd have to disagree with you.

Respectfully, of course.

Cinematic games make me think that game designers would rather be movie directors instead. Game mechanics take a hit in favor of amazing visuals and presentation.

Games have yet to find their own unique identity when it comes to storytelling. They mostly imitate the movie industry.

'Fickle', 'entitled' and 'pessimists' is how I would describe the online gaming community as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.