Post your controversial gaming opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyan

I'll stand by what I said because so far SS is the only Zelda that hasn't kept my interest till the end. I'm still on like temple 2.

Skyward Sword is better Story Wise,Combat Wise and Dungeon Wise. What the game fails at is pacing, making a world that feels unified rather than compartmentalized. Along with having annoying side character who's supposed to be the opposite of annoying. But overall its the perfect Zelda to give someone who doesnt buy alot of games so they want a game they can play for hours and still see " fresh" & "new" content (if they're not the type to replay games as many kids post 2000 are. They dont seem to replay alot of games so they dont really appreciate arcadey games. They seem to be gravitating more to experiences rather than mastering gameplay.But they do play FPS's alot. Probably because it has both and both are fun )

OOT is similar to Xenoblade and TLOU in how they tied so many mechanics and the flow of the narrative REALLY Well with the feeling the "world" overall gives off. This is why people really like those games.

But in my opinion,combat in TLOU is ass.

Last edited:

GaemzDood

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon is one of the worst handheld Castlevania games.

Mirror of Fate is one of the best ones, in spite of some niggles like the lack of item drops.

Lol'ing at contrarians on Tapatalk

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
I rank Other M as the number 2 Metroid game.

I rank Metroid Prime 2: Echoes 1st.

I rank Super Metroid 3rd to last.

I believe that is enough controversy for one post.

grimabepraised

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
You know what? This thread is built for it, might as well let it out:

1. MP2: Echoes
2. Metroid Other M
3. Metroid Prime 3
4. Zero Mission
5. Metroid Prime
6. Fusion
7. Hunters
8. Pinball
9. Super
10. Return
11. OG

...I really like video gamey pinball video games, don't look at me like you wanna fillet me like that...

praisegrima

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
You know what? This thread is built for it, might as well let it out:

1. MP2: Echoes
2. Metroid Other M
3. Metroid Prime 3
4. Zero Mission
5. Metroid Prime
6. Fusion
7. Hunters
8. Pinball
9. Super
10. Return
11. OG

...I really like video gamey pinball video games, don't look at me like you wanna fillet me like that...

praisegrima
Giving a thumbs up because it does take some guts to put Super at 9. People just dig different things. Stick to your guns. I can see how some may view Super sort of like OoT - quite influential, but superseded by later games that built off of its template. And big ups for giving Echoes some love. I think of that game as a masterpiece. A flawed masterpiece, but a masterpiece nonetheless. Same goes for Other M.

So yes, I salute you.

Now, that said?

Super at 9? You crazy.

repomech

resident remnant robot relic
^
Which itself begs an even broader question: what is Metroid?

My answer to that revolves around Super's gameplay, ambiance and design (but not, I would say, the character of Samus) which were a perfect realization of elements introduced in classic Metroid. Prime is great for me because it was able to realize afresh many aspects (but not all) of Super's greatness in an off genre spin-off.

Last edited:

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Which itself begs an even broader question: what is Metroid?
Heh, that's something @juegosmajicos and me have been asking people for years now, since Other M released.

Metroid is a game that requires retraversal, and power-ups as keys. It's a linear game that doesn't feel linear.

It can also be a more streamlined handheld game.
Or an arcade-y, action-y 2D game for speed runners.
Or a methodical 3D first-person perspective game.
Or a methodical first-person game in the vein of Zelda.
Or a more action-y FP game that feels a bit Halo-y.
Or a 2D handheld, mission-based game.
Or a more structured 3D mission-based game.

Or, y'know...pinball.

But for some of the Metroid illuminati? It's perpetually 1994 or 2002.

the_randomizer

Controversial opinions huh? Okay....

Majora's Mask is overrated, Ocarina of Time has more consistency and easier to follow
A Link to the Past is the best LOZ game
Star Fox Adventures is a far better game than both Assault and Command
Any game past Final Fantasy IX is utter garbage, FFXIII has a pussy Cloud J-Pop emo wannabe for a protagonist
Metroid Prime > MP 2: Echoes
Sonic Generations > all Sonic games after Sonic Adventure 2

And the coup de grace:
Super Mario Galaxy 2 >Super Mario 3D World > Super Mario Galaxy >Super Mario Sunshine > Super Mario 64

I think Final Fantasy is awful. Always tried to get into it, but never could. I think it's just the most generic, boring game on the market. (Well besides the recent flood of Call of Duty games)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaemzDood

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon is one of the worst handheld Castlevania games.

Mirror of Fate is one of the best ones, in spite of some niggles like the lack of item drops.

I wouldn't call Circle of the Moon one of the worst actually, just a bit on the weaker side. The first area with the poison worms and the flying goblin boss was all kinds of awful. The rest of the game seems decent though. Still, proclaiming Mirror of Fate is better is definitely more controversial than anything y'all posted in this thread.

Matter of fact, if you follow the Mirror of Fate curse and say Mirror or Fate three times in front of a mirror, @repomech will appear in front of you.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
I wouldn't call Circle of the Moon one of the worst actually, just a bit on the weaker side. The first area with the poison worms and the flying goblin boss was all kinds of awful. The rest of the game seems decent though. Still, proclaiming Mirror of Fate is better is definitely more controversial than anything y'all posted in this thread.

Matter of fact, if you follow the Mirror of Fate curse and say Mirror or Fate three times in front of a mirror, @repomech will appear in front of you.
First boss is Cerberus, though....

grimabepraised

Cyan

I think Final Fantasy is awful. Always tried to get into it, but never could. I think it's just the most generic, boring game on the market. (Well besides the recent flood of Call of Duty games)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's basically like saying "I don't like Pizza." "What kind of Pizza?" "Any."

GaemzDood

Compared to some of the later bosses, he's really not so bad.

Also, compared to the development team's last game (64/Legacy) this game feels easy.

Just my two cents, though.

praisegrima
Turns out, this game suddenly just became really good to me. I'm going to pull a Pitchfork and pretend like anything negative I said about this game never happened.

GaemzDood

Don't understand the reference, so I'm just gonna nod and say "yes".

*nods* "Yes"

grimabepraised
Pitchfork is a music site. They've often retracted negative reviews from back then and published articles shitting on said reviews.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
I feel like Microsoft could come out at E3, take a dump right on the stage, and as long as it is multiplayer, the Microsoft Faithful will be all:
"Wow, that turd was 1080p 60fps."
"So much feels"
"So next gen"

And Nintendo could show off the most revolutionary and beautiful Zelda ever created, and those same people would say:
"Meh"
"Seen it before"
"They should go 3rd party"

Koenig

The Architect
I rank Other M as the number 2 Metroid game.

I rank Metroid Prime 2: Echoes 1st.

I rank Super Metroid 3rd to last.

I believe that is enough controversy for one post.

grimabepraised
In terms of gameplay, I actually agree with that list. MP2 gets so much hate, but it deserves some recognition.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Yup, bumping this oldie because, well, just because.

I just heard this for the first time, and I think it in some ways trumps some of the stuff Martin O'Donnell did for Halo.

Sorry.

Koenig

The Architect
Notch seems to be highly overrated; Then again I have never met the guy so I can't comment on his personality, but his actions and posts do not make much sense to me. I love Minecraft, but I don't think one game can justify an entire stardom career.

Last edited:

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Notch seems to be highly overrated; Then again I have never met the guy so I can't comment on his personality, but his actions and posts do not make much sense to me. I love Minecraft, but I don't think one game can justify an entire stardom career.
To add to that, I think Microsoft is kidding themselves into thinking Minecraft is worth 2.5 billion dollars, because let's face it: Minecraft is the only reason why Microsoft bought Mojang in the first place. But the three main guys are going to leave the company, including Notch, so all that talent will go into bigger and better things, chances are.

I won't say what Microsoft did was totally the wrong call, but I think $2.5 billion is a bit much for just one game, despite it's huge following.

EDIT: I guess what I'm wondering is how can Minecraft expand into something more than it is now? The whole point of Minecraft is to let the player do whatever the hell they want to, and building whatever their imagination can bring to the table.

Koenig

The Architect
Oddly enough, I have a lot more respect Notch now than I did before the buyout due to the comment he left after selling the company. Simply put, he humbled himself in an industry where most developers go for glory at any chance they get.

That said, I am still not happy with Minecraft becoming a Microsoft IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.