Post your controversial gaming opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koenig

The Architect
I disagree, to put it rather bluntly. The only reason they even got 3rd party support in the NES and SNES era was because they essentially strong-armed them to create a monopoly, and that was on top of their censorship that basically butchered creative visions in the name of the self righteous panjandrum of upholding traditional family values over creative freedom. In addition to that, Nintendo ramped up their licensing prices, everything had to be console exclusive to Famicom for 2 years, all cartridges had to be made by them, cartridge orders had to exceed a certain amount, and everything had to be paid in advance (so basically Nintendo kind of forced the 3rd parties to take the risks and even if a game was a big failure they would make a killing from the cartridge orders), and in America, religious references, blood and gore, drugs, and sex was a big no-no. They may as well have written an entire book on the Dictatorship of the Proletariat and how it applies to the video game industry, because they pioneered it. This continued into the N64 era, with major censorship of titles like Cruis'n USA and Duke Nukem, which would affect Nintendo's image, and their sales in the process. They barely even tried to reconcile the situation due to their fatuous thinking on how modern entertainment functioned.

I love Nintendo because of their retro vaporwave a e s t h e t i c which I can relate to as it sums my depression up, and because they are objectively great developers, but they have a history of tyranny that many lament EA for.
Fair enough, although I was mostly referring to what we were getting as consumers. Because Nintendo no longer has the iron grip they had on the industry before, they have effectively completely lost any foothold in a number of genres and market demographics, with the exception of the family and diehard fanbase.

Socar

People bash at Nintendo for no reason whatsoever when compared to other corporate out there, they are FAR better than them.

1. They don't treat their staff like crap.

2. 99% of the games they make are consistently good. Yes I will agree that some games they make might not appeal to some which is why its only around 1% of that..and even that 1% of those games are finished games.

3. Their services are some of the best. Sure, there's flaws here and there but in terms of fixing stuff, its mostly polished.

4. They VALUE their IPs unlike many companies out there..just look how Nintendo treats Mario and compare that to how SEGA treats Sonic.

And before anyone complains about some of their IPs being dormant, those IPs whether you like it or not don't do so well and they have done what they could to make the best out of them, be happy with that and if you can't, don't waste time trolling because that won't change anything.

In the end, I feel that people are not able to accept Nintendo for what they are and for what they want to do. Innovation is part of not just technology but also to modern life as well.

GaemzDood

People bash at Nintendo for no reason whatsoever when compared to other corporate out there, they are FAR better than them.

1. They don't treat their staff like crap.
That is true, but I'm no industry insider so I have no way to verify it. Small businesses >>> though.
2. 99% of the games they make are consistently good. Yes I will agree that some games they make might not appeal to some which is why its only around 1% of that..and even that 1% of those games are finished games.
I can agree with that too.
3. Their services are some of the best. Sure, there's flaws here and there but in terms of fixing stuff, its mostly polished.
No disagreement there. Their hardware is durable too.

And before anyone complains about some of their IPs being dormant, those IPs whether you like it or not don't do so well and they have done what they could to make the best out of them, be happy with that and if you can't, don't waste time trolling because that won't change anything.
And there is a reason for that. Those IPs aren't what the mainstream associates with Nintendo. When they think Nintendo, they think Mario, not Zangeki no Reginleiv or Fatal Frame.
In the end, I feel that people are not able to accept Nintendo for what they are and for what they want to do. Innovation is part of not just technology but also to modern life as well.
What is "innovation" though? I would love to delve into semantics using impressive words, but I'm too tired.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.