Pre-E3 Most Anticipated "Top 10" Countdown

isturbo1984

Whoremonger & Cokefiend
I say "pre-E3," even though we are a ways away... because I am planning on making another top upcoming games thread after E3. Just thought I'd put some space in between now and then. But go ahead, everybody and list your top upcoming games you are most anticipating.

Here's a countdown of my top 10, starting with some honorable mentions:

Honorable Mentions:

Final Fantasy 7
More of a game of curiosity than actual anticipation. The original was a low point of the FF franchise imo. But I am interested to see how I will like the reboot.

Pillars of the Earth
An unusual mention. I don't know anything about the game other than it is based off the books which are amazing. And it is a "point and click" adventure game. A match made in heaven, if the quality is on par with the Telltale Games series.

TrackMania Turbo
I knew nothing about the game until recently. Just the type of old school arcade racer I am in the mood for. Coming out soon.

Halo Wars 2
I enjoyed the first one and am knee-deep into the Halo franchise and lore as of right now. I am looking forward to it.

Outlast II
The first one wasn't as good as others made it out to be, but still a great game. Hoping to get some screams by this Halloween.

Gears of War 4
I love me some Gears and I really enjoyed playing through Ultimate with my wife and co-op partner. This is gonna be good. Hopefully once I know a little bit more about it, I can bump it up to my top 10.

Ratchet & Clank
The reboot looks beautiful and I love the way the games play. Haven't played a modern R&C in a while and this will get me back into the swing of things. Very excited.

-----

Number 10:
Mafia III
Release Date: TBA 2016

Mafia II has a special place in my heart for sandbox games last gen. I really enjoyed it. The sequel looks to be even better. And I love me my sandbox games. It would place higher on my list if news of its release hasn't been pushed back.

Number 9:
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Release Date: TBA 2017

I am so ready to revisit 2D Metroidvania from Igarashi himself. Not much else for me to say. Mucho excito.

Number 8:
Shadow Complex Remastered

Yes, a remaster in my top 10. I loved this freaking game. It is one of the few Metroidvania games outside of an actual Metroid or 2D Castlevania game. And it is sublime. I can't wait for to play it once again.

Number 7:
Zelda U

Not a whole lot is known about this game, honestly. But it's the new Zelda. It will be good to finally play a new Zelda title in HD.

Number 6:
Quantum Break
Release Date: April 5, 2016

Remedy still does third person shooting better than anyone else, imo. Looking forward to bullet-time mayhem, an all-star cast and possibly new ways to play a TPS. Not very many competent cover-based shooters aside from Gears... this one is sure to be great.

Number 5:
Horizon: Zero Dawn

This game just looks amazing. The art direction and setting really intrigue me. Guerrilla is a good developer and I am excited and happy to see them working on something a little different. Open world, RPG with robot dinosaurs? Fuck to the yes.

Number 4:
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Release Date: April 26, 2016

Very excited to see how the series ends. One of the best franchises in gaming. Not much else I can say without bursting. So leave me alone. Also, I'm betting this title will hold onto the record of "best graphics" for any console game well into 2017.

Number 3:
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Release Date: August 23, 2016

Human Revolution was one of the better games of last gen. I really loved this RPG/Stealth game and all it offered. The new one is bound to blow my socks off. I am beyond excited. It was supposed to be out by now, but it was pushed back until later in the year. I'm fine with that if the game gets more polish. This one is going to be a lot of people's GOTY.

Number 2:
DOOM
Release Date: May 16, 2016

I can't believe this game is coming so soon. I am so ready for ultraviolence and old school shooting. It looks juicy and fun. I just hope the multiplayer can hold my attention the way the campaign can. Big Doom fan. thinking of pre-ordering the $120 LE bundle with the kickass statue.

Number 1:
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Release Date: Q4 2016

So excited about finally getting back into that Mass Effect universe. This is the game series that made me a sci-fi fan. The original ME trilogy is my favorite game series of last gen and of all-time. The characters your choices really define the game and how it plays out. The outcome might still be the same in the end for the most part, but playing it and getting there really made me feel like I was writing the script myself. Bioware still does that better than anyone else.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Man, I'd totally forgotten that Mafia III is still a thing. I kinda worry about its time period getting more current, though. What made the original so good was that it wasn't just another GTA-y sandbox with fast cars. It was a more relaxed sort of crime story (even in car chases).

Since I'm a Nintendo-only player right now? It's all NX all the time. I expect a blowout at E3 if Nintendo doesn't reveal any details until then...but that also means expecting launch games that I can't even be hyped for because I don't know what the hell they are.

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
Fuck FFVII Remake. It's not gonna live up to alot of the fan's expectations.
- Episodic - lol
- copy paste battle system of FFXV - no thanks
- I betcha Aeris lives through DLC
I am not convinced on this title at all yet.

ZeldaU is my most anticipated Nintendo reveal.
The Last Guardian is my most non-Ninty title I'm looking forward to.
Other notables for me are Persona5, LetItDie, Kojima's next game, and more NieR Automata info. Other than that, I hope i'm super surprised. That's pretty much it. I have ZERO interest in anything to do with M$.

isturbo1984

Whoremonger & Cokefiend
Fuck FFVII Remake. It's not gonna live up to alot of the fan's expectations.
- Episodic - lol
- copy paste battle system of FFXV - no thanks
- I betcha Aeris lives through DLC
I am not convinced on this title at all yet.

ZeldaU is my most anticipated Nintendo reveal.
The Last Guardian is my most non-Ninty title I'm looking forward to.
Other notables for me are Persona5, LetItDie, Kojima's next game, and more NieR Automata info. Other than that, I hope i'm super surprised. That's pretty much it. I have ZERO interest in anything to do with M$.
damnit. i forgot The Last Guardian. i'd probably squeeze that in between Shadow Complex and Zelda.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
For myself personally being a Husband / Father / business owner I really only have time for a few games when I have time to play.

I haven't even thought about e3 I'm looking forward to being excited (I haven't been hype for a e3 in years).

That being said I'm a primary Nintendo gamer so I'm looking forward to the NX news.

As far as news (and y'all are about to figure out my gamin of choice of late) I'm praying for Monster Hunter 5 NX launch, and Splatooner 2 for NX launch.

Those are my most antisapated games.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
damnit. i forgot The Last Guardian. i'd probably squeeze that in between Shadow Complex and Zelda.
It pretty well got its big, hype-tastic blowout last year, though. I'm looking forward to seeing more of it, but the hype of finding out that it isn't vaporware pretty well puts it in the "fully expected"-category for me this year.

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
It pretty well got its big, hype-tastic blowout last year, though. I'm looking forward to seeing more of it, but the hype of finding out that it isn't vaporware pretty well puts it in the "fully expected"-category for me this year.
TLG is my big PS4 day 1 game this year. I can't think of any other PS4 games I want day 1.
Uncharted 4 - redbox that shit
FFXV - might not come out this year, and even then bleh... Wait and see approach.
Doom - meh... Another FPS to me
DeusX - bleh... Maybe a redbox rental ... Didn't care for the last game much nor the series in general.
Mass Effect... I don't like Bioware nor any WRPG games outside of Bethesda.

nX... Nintendo will need to blow me away to buy that at launch. I'd only be a day one buyer if I get a true 3D Mario, Metroid5, Bayonetta 3 or a new PlatinumGames, and another game that's exclusive all at a low console price. I'm not spending 300-500$ on a new Nintendo hardware.... Especially if it comes out this year. F that.

Odo

nX... Nintendo will need to blow me away to buy that at launch. I'd only be a day one buyer if I get a true 3D Mario, Metroid5, Bayonetta 3 or a new PlatinumGames, and another game that's exclusive all at a low console price. I'm not spending 300-500$ on a new Nintendo hardware.... Especially if it comes out this year. F that.
Me too. To be honest, not even 3D Mario will make me buy an NX on day one, let alone if they release it this year with a better version of Zelda U.

I intend to buy it in 2018 or 2019. I'll be playing my 3DS before buying it.

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
Me too. To be honest, not even 3D Mario will make me buy an NX on day one, let alone if they release it this year with a better version of Zelda U.

I intend to buy it in 2018 or 2019. I'll be playing my 3DS before buying it.
Yeah I need multiple exclusives day 1 launch to convince me. Not just a new Mario game and 3rd party ports like the WiiU launch. (NintendoLand was a glorified demo to me)

isturbo1984

Whoremonger & Cokefiend
Gonna do a post-E3 top ten as well after the fuckton of gaming news comes out. A couple games on that list will already be released as well. Pretty sure Mass Effect Andromeda will still be no1 though. anyone willing to take best if it gets dethroned?

A bit disappointed in the replies so far, tbh. I was hoping everyone could share their "top" lists too.

Generic WiiU & 3DS Lobbyist said:
I'm not really looking forward to any games this year because nothing is coming out on the Nintendo system I own.
I admire your honestly, but that is the reason why I didn't post this on the WiiU & 3DS lobby, bro. I literally could have done a top 50. Maybe its time to buy a second system.

Last edited: