Report: Xbox One Being Discontinued At Japanese Retailer

Ex-Actarus

I really don't understand how Microsoft messed up so much the Xbox One launch in Japan. I mean there wasn't ANY support for the system. This is far cry from the INCREDIBLE support the 360 had in Japan with beloved RPGs such as Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, the Last Remnant or Infinite Undiscovery.

The Xbox One didn't have a single big RPG to support the console as launch in Japan. No wonder the console is discontinued...

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
.......................damn and here I was thinkin it was just Nintendo. Xbox has always been major league crappy over there tho since day 1.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I believe this is GT havin' a bit of fun. ;) We all know the XB brand isn't big in Japan, but this isn't the end of the world for 'em (same as it hasn't been the end of the world for Nintendo in many "they're doomed!" scenarios).
Oh I knew what he was doing.....I couldnt help but to take this into a more "serious" realm. :msrs:

Last edited:

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
This is far cry from the INCREDIBLE support the 360 had in Japan with beloved RPGs such as Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, the Last Remnant or Infinite Undiscovery.
Guess MS just thought they'd play to their strong suit. It's just not a suit that travels well in Japan.

Although, to be fair, that's mattering less and less. There's this weird schism where so many talented developers are in Japan, but to make a profit for home console games, they have to think more and more in terms of Western tastes.
We're dead fucking serious