[Rumor] PS4/Xbox One Launch Disasters Imminent!

According to Rich from Reviewtechusa, he has heard from reliable sources that the launch for the PS4 and Xbone are going to have a lot of problems due to their online services.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6h9l5Gb5hE
Of course, we'll see in a few weeks what happens... but this video has received many thumbs down and many meltdowns that it's just so funny.
There's also news about the Wii U version of COD Ghosts that if true.... well...

I'd rather not jump to conclusions here as, after all, this is still a rumor, but if all of that turns out to be true... Lol, I dunno. I'll be too busy enjoying my Wii U, 3DS, and PC as this really doesn't even concern me.
The man is apparently relevant enough to Sony to get his video called "so stupid". Yoshida would look like a complete ass if most to all of what he said ended up coming to fruition so I'm willing to bet that even if any of this is currently the case, it's going to be solved by launch or has already been solved and is old news that just now got leaked.

I hope it's true just for the lulz =))
Honestly, I don't care... I'm done with Sony after my PS3 experience and Microsoft... eh... they don't really interest me at all. I'm enjoying my Wii U and PC as well :)>-

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
what to take away: dead rising 3 has some online features cut to make it out in time for launch and drive club is delayed for reasons possibly related to PSN on ps4 undergoing some changes.

basically a big fat "so what".

TechnoHobbit

Ash nazg durbatulûk
Seems logical. Still though, I fully expected for the online to be buggy like there is no tomorrow, but if this is true oh man I feel bad for day-1 buyers especially since they're paying $50/$60 for the online. Honestly Sony will deserve this if they did indeed plan on having DRM, I hope the media has a field day >:)

Ex-Actarus

I'm very concerned.

The fact that just weeks before launch we haven't seen much previews and gameplay videos.

I would rather have the console delayed than a disastrous launch.

But it won't happen, too much money in play.

A delay would send shockwaves to the industry and retailers.

Hopefully, it won't be that bad...

Goodtwin

What a turnaround the past few weeks have been. First we have Deus Ex and Batman Origins on Wii U being the definitive versions (not typical on Nintendo platforms), then we have Nintendo announce some very attractive bundles, and now we are finally starting to hear rumors of both Sony and Microsoft having some serious issues at launch. I am also hearing that at most the PS4 and X1 will only have 3 million units each for this launch period. Wii U is positioned to be a very attractive option this Christmas. The competition is starting to look a little more human these days.

As for COD Ghost in 1080p 60fps on Wii U? I dont think so. Unless there is some real magic hidden inside the little guy, there is no way the Wii U can crunch a complicated 3D game in 1080p native with 60fps. If they were to pull that off on Wii U, then Treyarch truly has miracle workers on the Wii U team.

Ex-Actarus

I just saw the last thread on Gaf regarding the Xbone rumors : http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=705667

I won't buy the console at launch and wait for some reviews and feedback.

Can't spend 500 Euros on a console with all that uncertainty...

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Wii U had a bit of a "launch disaster" as well, so it's nothing too huge I think. Launch disasters just seem normal now, every game has them because of the difficulty that comes with online-driven games and consoles.

Ex-Actarus

Wii U had a bit of a "launch disaster" as well, so it's nothing too huge I think. Launch disasters just seem normal now, every game has them because of the difficulty that comes with online-driven games and consoles.

The issue with the Wii U was a huge day 1 update and a very slow OS.

But here we're talking about games crashing and Xbox live non working properly.

That could be devastating...

The issue with the Wii U was a huge day 1 update and a very slow OS.

But here we're talking about games crashing and Xbox live non working properly.

That could be devastating...
That's why:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rIJmGj4g-s

I wouldn't call it a disaster, but it's not a rumor that significant problems have popped up in the final tests. I've heard of xones freezing and ps4's kicking people out of party's at random. #lovedemnetworksubcriptionfees

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.

The fees exist to improve these rumored problems. Your money goes to improving the networks.

Tapatit.

That's why he made that comment. Because it's ironic. The irony is that you pay money for them to make a service better, but that quality is now questionable. So it's kind of funny.

repomech

resident remnant robot relic
I lol'd at the part where he claimed his channel would be shut down if his sources were revealed. What a dodgy thing to say.

Kind of expected that there would be issues at launch, and not surprised the snap feature is creating issues. Any new feature will likely create some issues at first until they get actual real time data.

I don't think it's going to be as catastrophic as Rich claims it to be...
Of course there will be issues at a console's launch, but by now Sony and Microsoft wouldn't be stupid enough to launch them with those problems... right?
....but imagine if it was true.... =))
meltdowns, meltdowns galore!

Oh by the way, here's Rich's response to his critics.... he also is still sticking by his sources.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knh_JlUqj9c

Of course there will be issues at a console's launch, but by now Sony and Microsoft wouldn't be stupid enough to launch them with those problems... right?
Well one of the companies we are talking about told consumers to "deal with it," when they received the negative backlash over the always online, DRM and other ridiculous requirements the XB1 required. As if they were somehow surprised by the reaction. I mean its not like there was severe negative reaction when the rumors of those requirements leaked.....oh wait there absolutely was.
After that, I will never underestimate just how stupid some of these companies can be.

Ex-Actarus

Man,

That Ghost - Battlefied 4 next gen drama is getting ridiculous.

Everybody should just wait to play the games on PS4 and Xbone.

The gaming press want so much to show footages, that they make costly mistakes ( digital foundry ).

Well one of the companies we are talking about told consumers to "deal with it," when they received the negative backlash over the always online, DRM and other ridiculous requirements the XB1 required. As if they were somehow surprised by the reaction. I mean its not like there was severe negative reaction when the rumors of those requirements leaked.....oh wait there absolutely was.
After that, I will never underestimate just how stupid some of these companies can be.
Well, I sure hope for the sake of the internet that what Rich said does not happen.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Oh by the way, here's Rich's response to his critics.... he also is still sticking by his sources.

I've been following Rich's videos for quite some time now, and if he's that sure of his sources about this, it probably does lead to some creedence to what he's talking about. He's not someone to normally just stur up controversy for the sake of it. Although, if he turns out to be wrong, he'll be the first one to admit it though.

If half of the stuff in that video is true, then it's going to be super interesting. Add to the fact that all the game play vids I have seen aren't that amazing as far as the jump from PS3 to PS4 or 360 to One (stupid name), I think this Holiday season could actually light a spark under the Wii U's ass. I was planning on getting a PS4, but now I think I'm going to wait a little while, because they aren't really showing me a reason to buy one. And a lot of gamers are going to feel the same way. Nintendo might come out of this looking like a genius.

I mean from a tech standpoint. A lower price point and something unique in the form of the Wii U Gamepad, opposed to basically turning the console into a PC with a hefty price point.

what to take away: dead rising 3 has some online features cut to make it out in time for launch and drive club is delayed for reasons possibly related to PSN on ps4 undergoing some changes.

basically a big fat "so what".
Yeah, I'm not sure how big a disaster it would be. I think Microsoft and Sony have the PR capabilities to convince their earlier adapters to hold out for a few months for the full online service feature set to go up. They technically already announced it wouldn't be complete even before E3 and no one seemed to have a problem with it. (Sony's cloud gaming feature for example was one of those things spoken of, but they just said in general the online wouldn't be 100%)

I've been following Rich's videos for quite some time now, and if he's that sure of his sources about this, it probably does lead to some creedence to what he's talking about. He's not someone to normally just stur up controversy for the sake of it. Although, if he turns out to be wrong, he'll be the first one to admit it though.
yeah, me too. I of course don't agree with him all the time. I do enjoy watching his videos, and if he's sticking by his source, then some of what he said is true. If nothing happens then...

"he's got some explainin' to do"

Aki

Don't believe this guy for a second. Unsurprisingly, his "sources" are already wrong. However, I would not be surprised if there are a few hiccups at launch. It seems to be a growing trend with tech nowadays. Just recently I went through the Wii U launch which had a few issues by today's standards and even then I didn't think it was bad. For those who didn't have a Wii U at launch the big issues were that the update wouldn't download for everyone and the Wii U would constantly freeze upon a game loading up which would force you to disconnect the power supply and restart the system. While it was annoying, especially since FIFA would freeze about 7/10 times, it wasn't ground breaking for me so as long as these consoles don't majorly fuck up, it won't be a biggie to me.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
So the resolution bit concerning COD: Ghosts is wrong, but what about everything else? And if I remember correctly, Rich did say even he was skeptical of the resolution situation with the PS4 and Xbox One versions, including the Wii U. I'm more curious if those other things he heard turn out to be true or not.

Pretty much nothing about what he's sure about is wrong so far as he did say he found the bit about the resolution to be a bit fishy (though we haven't been told yet what resolution the Wii U version will be running at).

Ex-Actarus

Pretty much nothing about what he's sure about is wrong so far as he did say he found the bit about the resolution to be a bit fishy (though we haven't been told yet what resolution the Wii U version will be running at).
Besides the game is not out yet. So we could still have some last minutes surprises...
Because if the game is 1080p but it's massive framerate drops, what's the point ?