*RUMOR* Watch Dogs And Rainbow Six Patriots For Wii U?

According to an EB games list for upcoming Wii U games:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=196144
I would be happy if Rainbow Six comes to the Wii U!!! *sigh* but we should really take this with a grain of salt :)>-

Ex-Actarus

I just hope that if we get those games, we'll get the "next gen" versions and NOT the PS3/360 ports.
Because if Watch Dogs on Wii U is the 360 ports, I'll pass.
I will play the game on 720 or PS4.
Please Ubi don't disappoint us !

I just hope that if we get those games, we'll get the "next gen" versions and NOT the PS3/360 ports.
Well, hopefully the Wii U version will be based off the PC version which was the one that Ubisoft showed at last year's E3. I hope Ubi take note on what Criterion is doing with Need For Speed. ;)

the dates are obviously wrong, as they haven't chosen the exact day yet. all three console versions should release on the same day, though.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
I'd be surprised if all versions of the games aren't the same. I remember when the 360 launched that all of it's multiplats, except for for Call of Duty, were the exact same game as the original Xbox's. Call of Duty was developed separately (1 for PC/360 and 1 for GC/Xbox/PS2). Considering how expensive it is to make games, I doubt that the PS4/720/Wii-U versions would be any different just to take advantage of more advanced hardware as the install base to buy the game won't be there to justify the investment

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
if true, than we have to give credit to ubisoft, even with the rayman delay they remain the 3rd party that supports wii u the most and best

if true, than we have to give credit to ubisoft, even with the rayman delay they remain the 3rd party that supports wii u the most and best
Well, they did provide a very important thing to help launch a Nintendo console with the above average and long term exclusive called ZombiU. No other third party really stepped up or came close, except for Activision/Treyarch to some extent with their excellent Wii U version of Black Ops 2. And these companies aren't about to make a U turn anytime soon...

Well, they did provide a very important thing to help launch a Nintendo console with the above average and long term exclusive called ZombiU. No other third party really stepped up or came close, except for Activision/Treyarch to some extent with their excellent Wii U version of Black Ops 2. And these companies aren't about to make a U turn anytime soon...
They better not or else I will hunt them down and do what sknygy does best to them!
Be afraid! I'm still waiting for my BLOPS2 DLC.....

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Well, if you guys don't want to trust our inside Source (and shame on you), maybe you'll trust one of the most well-regarded insiders at GAF.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47763935&postcount=235
The question will be if they're going to NFS:MW this one.

Well, if you guys don't want to trust our inside Source (and shame on you), maybe you'll trust one of the most well-regarded insiders at GAF.
So, it's going to be better than PS360 but not quite PC? I really hope that changes like Ideaman said. If Criterion managed to make (according to them) the best looking version of Need For Speed on Wii U using PC assets, I don't see why Ubisoft could not do the same. [-O

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
@Prime
Heh, I just edited in the same type of thing you mentioned. Is the Wii U version going to get the NFS:MW treatment? Ubi and Nintendo, despite the Rayman delay, obviously have a good working relationship (otherwise there wouldn't be a bundle with ZombiU for NA). Which isn't new, by the way.http://www.cubed3.com/news/12510/1/e309-retro-studios-helped-with-red-steel-2-control.html
I'm optimistic that they'll give the U some love.

Hopefully they'll give some love for the Wii U version like when they did Prince of Persia The Sands Of Time for the Gamecube almost 10 years ago:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2003/11/18/prince-of-persia-the-sands-of-time-head-to-head?page=4
But after that... It went downhill...

Cubits

So, it's going to be better than PS360 but not quite PC? I really hope that changes like Ideaman said. If Criterion managed to make (according to them) the best looking version of Need For Speed on Wii U using PC assets, I don't see why Ubisoft could not do the same. [-O<
NFS:MW isn't the full PC experience; it uses some PC assets, has a few effects turned down, runs at half the framerate, and at a lower resolution. But that's not such a bad thing since NO console game will ever be able to match it with the potential of a PC version.

The same goes for people frothing over the potential for the PS4/720 graphics. Look at the best stuff on a PC currently, the consoles will never match it. Even as the consoles mature and we see an evolution from perfect dark zero to halo 4, in that time PC hardware will become significantly more powerful, and that graphical chasm will never close.

I really expect to see watch dogs on the WiiU, and while it may sit between the old and new consoles in terms of graphical fidelity, the gamepad should be able to add an enormous amount of functionality. That's why i'm excited for it, and if the "port" is handled properly (ubisoft does know their way around the device), it has the potential to be the definitive version regardless of draw distance and number of real-time lights.

So, it's going to be better than PS360 but not quite PC? I really hope that changes like Ideaman said. If Criterion managed to make (according to them) the best looking version of Need For Speed on Wii U using PC assets, I don't see why Ubisoft could not do the same. [-O<
NFS:MW isn't the full PC experience; it uses some PC assets
, has a few effects turned down, runs at half the framerate, and at a lower resolution. But that's not such a bad thing since NO console game will ever be able to match it with the potential of a PC version.

The same goes for people frothing over the potential for the PS4/720 graphics. Look at the best stuff on a PC currently, the consoles will never match it. Even as the consoles mature and we see an evolution from perfect dark zero to halo 4, in that time PC hardware will become significantly more powerful, and that graphical chasm will never close.

I really expect to see watch dogs on the WiiU, and while it may sit between the old and new consoles in terms of graphical fidelity, the gamepad should be able to add an enormous amount of functionality. That's why i'm excited for it, and if the "port" is handled properly (ubisoft does know their way around the device), it has the potential to be the definitive version regardless of draw distance and number of real-time lights.
That's what I said, PC assets. I don't expect Watch Dogs on Wii U to be the "PC experience" but if they used the PC assets then I'm ok with it. :)>-

The Wii U version better get the PC based port like NFS:MW and Trine 2: Directors Cut. Makes absolutely no sense to give it the current gen port as this is a game made with PC and "next-gen" in mind. I'm giving high (but not, blind) praise to all developers who do so when possible since is apparently supposed to be somewhat easy for developers to port over games to Wii U.

Aki

This is awesome news for Wii U!
I'll probably look into getting Rainbow 6. It's been a while since one of them dropped, however, I wasn't a big fan of the previous two iterations. I liked it more when it was tactical as opposed to action based.