Screw the Rules, I Have Amrita - Nioh Discussion Thread

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Ni-Oh - Chrobin - 2016-08-26 04-32-22.mp4_snapshot_08.00_[2016.08.26_05.20.43].png
Nioh, the game developed by Team Ninja exclusively for the Playstation 4 that is to be released in "2016" is currently (until the 6th of September) undergoing an open beta that allows players to experience the first few hours of the game. Defeating a boss in this demo unlocks a DLC item of some sort that will impact the full retail game after purchase (for a total of two of these).

New to the Beta:

- The cutting of a durability mechanic. Instead, a Familiarity mechanic is introduced instead. The more you use a weapon, the more "familiar" you are with it. Once a weapon has been fully familiarized if sold it will yield more amrita than if sold without it. (Amrita is the losable currency used to level up, like souls or blood echoes in dark souls or bloodborne, respectively)

-An optional tutorial "mission" that more easily explains the mechanics of the game and helps the player get accustomed to the flow of the game before the true danger sets in.

So, TNE, what are your thoughts on Nioh?

-
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/nioh_b_uk
^Beta survey link.

grimabepraised

Last edited:

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
At this point, I'd wait until the PS4 Neo comes out, unless you can get a really good deal on a standard PS4, or if the Slim is a good enough deal for ya. I've had my PS4 for almost a year, and perfectly happy with it. I remember LSB feeling down when he heard about the Neo, which was understandable. Doesn't change the fact it was a gift from Brat though.

But definitely join the dark side with us, Joog. :msrs:

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
If I had a PS4 I'd download it, unfortunately by the time I get mine it won't be available anymore.

I love Demon's Souls and like Dark Souls, so I'll keep on eye on it.
Imagine Dark Souls but combined with Ninja Gaiden Black and you'd have a good picture of the difficulty.

You should join the dark side.

I want this. I don't have a PS4 yet, but I've been watching videos and demo gameplay. It seems to be nice.
It's mechanically very sound and quite fun when you can figure things out. Finding shortcuts in this game feels even better than in the soulsborne ones.

praisegrima

At this point, I'd wait until the PS4 Neo comes out, unless you can get a really good deal on a standard PS4, or if the Slim is a good enough deal for ya. I've had my PS4 for almost a year, and perfectly happy with it. I remember LSB feeling down when he heard about the Neo, which was understandable. Doesn't change the fact it was a gift from Brat though.

But definitely join the dark side with us, Joog. :msrs:
I have a feeling that the slim and neo will be for two different people. If you have a 4k tv and want VR, get Neo. If you just want to play the game and only have a 1080p tv and no interest in VR, then the Slim is for you.

My plan was to buy one for my birthday, but they have a conference September 7th. If they announce the Slim for November and it's a cheaper alternative ($429.99 in Canada for OG PS4), then I'll wait awhile. I really want that new Tomb Raider, Infamous Second Son and Doom. Along with others.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I have a feeling that the slim and neo will be for two different people. If you have a 4k tv and want VR, get Neo. If you just want to play the game and only have a 1080p tv and no interest in VR, then the Slim is for you.
I'll definitely wait for the Neo, or at least for the Slim.

So I can buy an og PS4 for cheap off someone that wants to upgrade.