SHOTS FIRED! Battlefield Devs Criticize Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Trailer

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
the ideas at least look nice, but seems par for the course for a Battlefield game.
Maybe no snipers tho!!!
Sniper rifles have been around since the time of the American Civil War, and we used them more regularly during WWI, so expect them to be there. However, don't expect the range and accuracy of WWII rifles though.

FriedShoes

MLG
Sniper rifles have been around since the time of the American Civil War, and we used them more regularly during WWI, so expect them to be there. However, don't expect the range and accuracy of WWII rifles though.
You expect DICE to be realistic with their representation? Lol

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
i'm not excited for either game tbh fam. i refuse to give a shit about anything infinity ward does, and dice has been in a slump lately. the ony fps i'm looking forward to are probably mirrors edge and deus ex right now.

you know what would reeeeeeally get me chubby? RAGE 2

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
i'm not excited for either game tbh fam. i refuse to give a shit about anything infinity ward does, and dice has been in a slump lately. the ony fps i'm looking forward to are probably mirrors edge and deus ex right now.

you know what would reeeeeeally get me chubby? RAGE 2
I would have been pissed if I bought RAGE for full price release. But I got it for like 10 bucks used and even do all the car upgrades and side quest the game was short. But man was it a crapload of fun I really enjoyed it.

GaemzDood

This same developer is still releasing 720p Xbox One game in 2016. They're in no position to shit on anyone.

Last edited:
I don't think DICE has any right to criticize. When has Battlefield ever been praised for it's single player? Oh right....

Release a working product on launch DICE and we'll talk. Unless that's what he means by "melting the internet" in that their presentation will be laggy and cut out randomly.

In my opinion, Ghosts wasn't terrible, it could have been better with a few tweaks in my opinion. I think the maps were a tad too big for what the player count was. It was refreshing to play a CoD where barely anyone used rocket grenades and that the perks weren't bullshit.

Single player wise though, oh boy. These games really need to slow down, catch it's breath and have some down time between the big ass Michael Bay moments. I still remember the nuke in MW 1 because the nukes weren't going off every 10 minutes, it had pacing. Now everything has to be bombastic as fuck. The only part I really remember in Ghosts was when you crash land in the jungle with nothing but a knife and have to stealth your way back to your team mates. Oh, something about a city flooding? That part was cool.

Playing Killzone HD now, and I think CoD should take a few cues from that. Have some small scale battles where you can flank and maneuver around the level, then have those big moments like when General Fuckface attacks Veckta with it's own weapons, or when the Helghaust storm hacks the beaches with tanks. "Pacing" really is the big issue, not every level needs to throw everything but the bathroom sink at you. OH, and fuck off introducing new mechanics that play themselves for one level and never been seen again.

I do think Ghosts is why most seem to be hard on IW. They have to prove they still have it.
BF and CoD are both doing the same thing... just CoD is spewing out the crappy sequels at like 3 times the rate.

the trailer literally got more dislikes than the US national debt

GaemzDood

Considering the game runs at an even lower resolution than Black Ops III on the platform it was marketed on and doesn't even run at the same average framerate as Advanced Warfare, I'm pretty sure Infinity Ward duped on this one, as much as I hate Battlefield 1's garbage revisionist history.