Should there be a separate place for "news" threads?

Menashe

MajorBuddah proposed this idea. Say we were to have a separate forum just for users to post the latest gaming news, be it about Nintendo or anything else, and then the discussions about that news could be in those threads. Then, the specific forums could focus on debates and discussions that aren't just a news-piece opened for discussion. So, if you wanted to comment on the strengths and weaknesses of Nintendo's DLC policies you would bring it up in the Nintendo forums, but if you wanted to discuss a particular piece of news you would go to the news forum.
I personally think it's a pretty good idea, but before doing such a thing I wanted to run it by everyone else.

Personally, I think it'd be rather pointless and would do more harm than good. A section dedicated to "news" is going to empower people with the feeling that they should post every piece of news for every single day, the might be so many threads that people will just be turned off from responding to them.
The debate and discussions area might only be used by a few select users and might, therefore turn people off from wanting to make threads only to get a few replies.
Plus, if we're going to be connecting the site with the forums, the news section will kind of be redundant (Even if the the editors don't post all the news).
[hr]
All in all, I just don't see a point in fixing what isn't currently broken.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
MajorBuddah proposed this idea. Say we were to have a separate forum just for users to post the latest gaming news, be it about Nintendo or anything else, and then the discussions about that news could be in those threads. Then, the specific forums could focus on debates and discussions that aren't just a news-piece opened for discussion. So, if you wanted to comment on the strengths and weaknesses of Nintendo's DLC policies you would bring it up in the Nintendo forums, but if you wanted to discuss a particular piece of news you would go to the news forum.
I personally think it's a pretty good idea, but before doing such a thing I wanted to run it by everyone else.
yeah man, let's try it out. i think it would spur more discussion and give people more opportunities to post and stay engaged in the forum. if people don't like it, you can always remove it. i don't think that would happen though - i imagine most people here genuinely enjoy discussing the latest gaming news.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Looks like juegos and my comments were deleted.
They were lost during the board hack, not deleted.
The general idea of my post was that there should be subforums for news, but that there should be a single one for all platforms, and that this should be separate from the main discussion forums.

Cyan

The general idea of my post was that there should be subforums for news, but that there should be a single one for all platforms, and that this should be separate from the main discussion forums.
There was a board hack? :

There was a board hack? :
Well, I did have to create a new account lol. (yes)