Shoulder Media Network

mattavelle1

ARMS is like breathing.......but more important
I figured if nothing else, it's a good way to get the hang of editing and recording footage again. Have to admit, it's a good feeling recording something, and then getting it published.
I think it would be cool showing him what we got going on here. Cause obviously y'all have this in common.

Your feed is really clean it looks great. :mthumb:

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I think it would be cool showing him what we got going on here. Cause obviously y'all have this in common.

Your feed is really clean it looks great. :mthumb:
Thanks. I've been experimenting with different settings, so that's mostly why I'm using a trial version of PowerDirector (hence the watermark at the beginning), and using simply gameplay footage. Right now, I record at 1080p @30fps with a 30Mbps bitrate, and then trim/edit the footage as necessary. Once I've edited the footage at a respectable quality, I use a program called Handbrake to further compress the footage into a smaller size without losing quality. To you, it may sound complicated, it's a simple process.

Like I said though, I'm playing around with different settings and whatnot. I hope to include voiceovers to my footage in the coming weeks.

Shoulder

So my intention of uploading the GTA: Vice City stunt video I created from 2005 will probably never see the light on YT because of the "Copyrighted" music used. As I was in the process of viewing it, YT put that notice saying it was blocked in certain countries, and the use of the music would cause issues I think. I honestly don't know what exactly it all means, but I decided to just delete the video rather than risk getting strikes on my account or something because of third parties putting claims against my account or something.

This whole business of using copyrighted music is really rethinking everything I'm doing, but then again maybe not. We'll see.

Shoulder

So my first attempt at recording both core footage, as well as myself whilst I game did not go over particularly well as the cam footage was out of focus for the majority of the time, so I look like a blurred out figure as though I'm trying to hide something. :mplain:

I was playing some Just Cause 2, which probably wasn't the greatest choice as I didn't have a clue as to what I wanted to do (this is also my first time playing through it), so there was a lot of silence in the video. Nevertheless, I'll simply use that as means of improving things from hear on out. Simply put, I need more lighting in my room when recording (something I thought the camera would take care, but didn't).

I'm considering on getting myself a mic that I will use for gameplay footage, as well as what I'm tentatively calling my, "Chippin' in..." series on YT. Basically, I would talk about various topics related and non-related to gaming. That of course is a ways away.

Shoulder

Booted up SS3: BFE earlier, and did some recording. First play-through of this, so any surprises were real. Sadly, no voiceovers yet, but that is to come soon.

Shoulder

Be sure to watch in glorious 60fps!*

Just got my Monoprice HDMI adapter for the Wii (play all my GCN games via the Wii(, so figured I'd give it a test.

*only on Chrome...for some strange reason. Come on, Google. Give all browser folk 60fps!

Shoulder

It never bothered me before, but watching that video now, it pisses me off how rubberband-y the AI is. I don't remember it being like this in Grand Prix, though.
Grand Prix mode they are not. I know this for a fact from being ten or so seconds ahead of the 2nd place drive at times. It's possible for added difficulty, rubber-band A.I. is in effect for Story Mode though.

Shoulder

Ugh, when I select 60fps it rarely runs smooth for me when watching a YT video. Yes I'm using Chrome.

Anyway nice video Shoulder.
Computer, maybe? It doesn't run buttery smooth on my MBP, but it is also 6 years old, so 60fps videos will have trouble running smoothly especially in HD resolutions. On my desktop though, it runs flawlessly.

But Chrome is also very memory intensive as I've come to find out, which is a shame because I do like Chrome, and its interface. I want YT to allow 60fps viewing for Safari, Firefox, IE, etc browser people as well. Even 60fps for YT apps would be nice. It's probably something they're working on I hope.

Shoulder

The last time I played it was 5 or 6 years ago, on my SNES.

can't wait!
I only played through the first world/area, and haven't played anymore, but it's also because I'm in the process of wanting to do voiceovers for my gameplay vids. I watch my own videos, and really all I'm doing is just putting straight footage up without any real creative side to it. That's where my voiceovers will come in.

I don't want to hype it up too much really, because this is something I haven't really done much of when playing games solo, so my first attempt will probably be rather boring and whatnot.

I'm also in the process of purchasing some video editing software, so then I can fine tune what I'm doing, and cut to important bits and whatnot.

Doing a straight let's play is one thing if there's no voiceover (hit record and play away), but when you have commentary added, it's important to not make the viewer feel too bored or disinterested when watching it, so cutting to different sections of the game, and trying to make things somewhat exciting for the viewer is important.

But most importantly, I have to have fun doing it, otherwise, what's the point?

I was also recording some Xenoblade footage the other day in prep for the first video of my series I'm calling, "Chippin' In." It won't be ready for awhile as I'm taking things slow, and steady, but once I get voice work all figured out, I'll be getting more stuff uploaded.

Shoulder

So decided to test out my new fangled microphone, and so far it works quite well. My first couple of tests did not go as well as I wanted to see what would happen if I have the video and microphone audio part of the same video rather than separate files. Simply put, it'll be much better to record separately, so I'll probably use audacity for that.

At least it gives me hope for live-streams with commentary, so that should be cool to look forward to.

I'm also working on getting other types of videos up and going soon.

Yeah, it's been boring around here lately...

*crickets*

Shoulder

Today was more of the same playing some more Rayman Legends as I get further along in my backlog. I'll probably make a few more videos of Rayman Legends. Don't forget to watch in 60fps!

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Today was more of the same playing some more Rayman Legends as I get further along in my backlog. I'll probably make a few more videos of Rayman Legends. Don't forget to watch in 60fps!
Unfortunately I am a Firefox user, so I cannot.

Enjoyed the vid regardless, though.

(just a note, there seems to be a slight audio de-sync near the end of your video, not sure if because I'm watching in 30FPS and YT is being a jackass or if it's a problem with your source video)

praisegrima

Last edited:

Shoulder

Unfortunately I am a Firefox user, so I cannot.

Enjoyed the vid regardless, though.

(just a note, there seems to be a slight audio de-sync near the end of your video, not sure if because I'm watching in 30FPS and YT is being a jackass or if it's a problem with your source video)

praisegrima
I just watched the video, and did not encounter that issue, and I'm on Safari. I do know that sometimes when I record for long periods of time, the audio for some strange reason does go a little bit out of sync, but otherwise, if I record in shorter bursts, it's not an issue. It is possible it's an issue with YT.

I know during the endless runner music level the way how Rayman hit everything would almost make it seem something is out of sync, but that's the way the music was played when I was doing my run.

Thanks for your concern, though. I know I hate it when something is out of sync, and I almost always notice it.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
I just watched the video, and did not encounter that issue, and I'm on Safari. I do know that sometimes when I record for long periods of time, the audio for some strange reason does go a little bit out of sync, but otherwise, if I record in shorter bursts, it's not an issue. It is possible it's an issue with YT.

I know during the endless runner music level the way how Rayman hit everything would almost make it seem something is out of sync, but that's the way the music was played when I was doing my run.

Thanks for your concern, though. I know I hate it when something is out of sync, and I almost always notice it.
I watched it on YT itself for the second time, and I think it was just the Flash Player being an issue, as it worked fine on HTML5.

praisegrima

Shoulder

I kept thinking you were gonna get passed during the Turnpike level.

praisegrima
I thought so too, and it never happened. It was as though the A.I. was admiring the scenery or something. The A.I. in this game isn't exactly clear cut. Sometimes you get lucky, and others you get fucked up the ass everytime. On one attempt, there were three lightning strikes all within one lap, and then a blue shell happened not long after that. I never recovered.

Shoulder

I'm back...with an old video that's been remixed with some music. So it's old footage, but spiced up with some intense music.

Shoulder

Wow, bumping this old thing? Whatever...

Anyway, it's been quite some time since I've done this these types of videos, so it felt great getting back into it. Now let's get serious, people!