Signing up to the new Enthusiast Gaming app

Menashe

Hey guys, please understand before logging on that you're looking at something that is still getting the nuts and bolts screwed on. It's totally premature and I probably shouldn't even let anyone join just yet, but I do want to get early feedback.

The main piece of knowledge to know is that there are 'communities', like the Smash Bros for Wii U community, Splatoon community, etc (pretty much anything can become a community as long as people want to follow it and connect about it) and each of those allows you to find other people in your region or outside your region who also like those games or gaming topics and want to a) chat about them, b) post content about them (discussions, images, videos, reviews, etc), or c) challenge each other to play it and then record who won, allowing yourself to get a rank.

But please excuse how early it still is, for example:
1) you can make main posts but there's no ability to comment on them until next week
2) the visuals are non-intuitive and very very non-final (buttons are in the wrong place, etc)
3) once you join a 'community' you'll be able to see who else is part of that community and challenge them to a game or chat with them privately if they're online - however, a lot of this is completely broken or buggy
4) it's a webapp that currently has a design only for mobile, but you can login in on PC and use it still

INSTRUCTIONS
- If you're ready, go here on your phone (or be daring and try it on your PC):
enthusiastapp.leverage.it/frontend/index.html#/home
- Go to explore communities in the user menu
- Click on a game that you are fond of to go to its community. Click follow
- Now you are able to create posts in that community or connect with players
- Start with Creating a post. Once you are in a community, click on the 'newspaper' looking icon to go to the content page. Then in the user screen, click on the button to create a post
- Next Challenge someone. Once you are in a community, click on the user icon. Click on 'Online' to see which users are online in the community. Then press the shield icon to challenge them to that game or the speech bubble to chat with them.

Last edited:

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I have a question.... Is there going to be any need/room for me to continue to be a "forums front page manager"...?

Like when all this new shit happens, am I going to be out of a job...? Will there even still be featured threads...?

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I have a question.... Is there going to be any need/room for me to continue to be a "forums front page manager"...?

Like when all this new shit happens, am I going to be out of a job...? Will there even still be featured threads...?
We will find make sure to keep as many features as possible that we have now. And IMO that features thing is a must, and you will be running it.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
We will find make sure to keep as many features as possible that we have now. And IMO that features thing is a must, and you will be running it.
Just curious as to how much automation is involved, and whether or not I will even be needed anymore.... From the sounds of it, there is at least a possibilty....

Thank you....

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Just curious as to how much automation is involved, and whether or not I will even be needed anymore.... From the sounds of it, there is at least a possibilty....

Thank you....
We will get it all figured out as we start testing it. I feel like it is a super important feature tho and one that will be high on the priority list to have back. And like I've always said as long as it there it's yours to run:mthumb:

Menashe

It will be needed way more than before. Because essentially, all content will coming from the community itself, and we will need people to help curate the content and know what to feature.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
Just signed up for it.... Checking it out now....

Wowzers, this is going to be so very different than our beloved boards....

Last edited:

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Just signed up for it.... Checking it out now....

Wowzers, this is going to be so very different than our beloved boards....
Yeah, I just signed up myself, and it is definitely very different. I won't fret though. New things like this take time to adjust and improve upon. Besides, we are all part of TEG's destiny at this point!

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
@Cyan @LightsaberBlues

You might not be able to yet (I haven't tried it yet) that will he one of the things that gets fixed first.

This will be a huge undertaking and a lot of work and feedback.

Don't worry so much about the feedback yet. Just play with the app, we will make a PM here with everyone in it with the app. And take feedback there, and take that to the programmer.

Rinse and repeat x100

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
If you're ready, go here on your phone (or be daring and try it on your PC):
enthusiastapp.leverage.it/frontend/index.html#/home
Oh, I'm daring.

...but nothing works. I mean literally nothing. Save for the chat bubble at the top left. You can click on that.

cap.jpg

And then nothing happens.

EDIT: Wait, the user menu shade on the right works. Able to upload an av. Explore communities also works, but auto-loads back to the screen above. The four menu buttons are clickable, but same deal about going back to the screen above.

Last edited:

simplyTravis

Lamer Gamers Podcast Co-Host
The app looks great. I'm really excited about seeing what people are playing.

I do find the following feature confusing to get to. Maybe have a follow button beside the #hashtag instead of requiring the pulldown of the community.

Something like this will most likely be all web for me in the future. Keep in mind there are some issues with text fields in some webapps and android users due to having two "autocorrect" systems. You can find more on this bug here (I found this out after being angry with Chatango app) https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=472202

Also, an exit button might be nice in the future.

Menashe

Guys, when you go to the little icon that looks like a newspaper when you're in a community and then press on the user menu, do you see a button that allows you to compose a post? (I imagine it would be easier to compose a post from PC since you can add media and type faster.)

Also, can you click on the user icon to go to the user screen to see who is online in each community? From there you can challenge people who are online.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I can't figure out how to make a post on a community someone else made, either.

Edit: I sort of figured it out. You go to explore communities, select a community, and the thing will send you back to home page for no reason. But then you go to your user menu on the right and it will have an option to create a post. There you can select what kind of post it is. After you select "meme post", you are good to go.

Last edited:

Odo

OMG!

What's going on?

You're shutting down this forum?

LSB is fired?

What should I do? Is it free to start?

Ok, Ok, I get it. I'll check it later. :mthumb:

Cyan

Replying to blogs is a thing now, I was able to do it, but it didn't show up until after I refreshed.

What is AJAX? Baby don't refresh me, don't refresh me... no more.

Well I made an account and I find some of it confusing to navigate.....I understand this is very early though.

Clicking the shield icon does nothing.... I am using it on my laptop if that changes anything.

EthanGK

The blunder from down under
I'm gonna give things a better look when I have time to really check it out but it seems like a slick system. It's funny that the nearest person is 8000km away from me. Also what's with all the users with very fake-sounding names and stock photo profile pictures?

Is the vision of this for it to remain a mobile browser-only thing? I only ask because I hate browsing things on my phone (my hands and fingers are too big so I always end up clicking random things).

I'll wait a bit longer before getting all that involved on this. I tried to leave some comments on things but the comment box disappears before I get to type. Things like that are to be expected in these early stages.

I'm really eager to see where this goes. I haven't ever seen anything like this before and it seems like a cool way to have a convenient multi-forum sort of thing. There's something really cool about the idea of choosing a bunch of communities to follow. A lot of forums will have one thread for people to talk about a game or a sub-forum if they're really lucky. This seems to give each community its own breathing space without affecting or being affected by other communities. I like that, you can be in a bunch of communities each dedicated to one game or franchise and access them all in one little hub. Integrating news and social media aspects on top of that is awesome, too.

Great job to all involved. It's looking really promising.