Skullgirls for Steam giveaway a.k.a What do you like most about tne

Hey guys and girls, no don't worry, I'm not selling out (yet).

Steam is having another sale, and I've been interested in Skullgirls for quite awhile. I've never been that good at 2D fighters. Well, the only fighting games I've really dug into was the Smash series and Soul Calibur waaaaaaay back on Dreamcast.

So leave it to Steam to put the game on sale for three dollars. But wait, a 4-pack is 10. So I bought four copies of the game, one for me, and three to give away. That's where you crew comes in. Three of you could get a copy of Skullgirls.

"But CoV, I'm lazy and I don't want to put effort into winning a free game". Well my lackadaisical fellow, fear not. All you got to do is tell me what you like most about TNE. That's it, give me an answer and your name will be in a hat to pick. You can also tell me what you like most about yours truly. It won't give you an advantage, but it won't hurt your chances either.

What do you like most about TNE?

simplyTravis

Lamer Gamers Podcast Co-Host
I'll start this party! My favorite thing about TNE is the abhorrent maturity of this desert oasis we call the "interwebs". All day I look to rant and rave while waxing poetic about the latest Nintendo fanboy stuf but TNE just has so many educated enthusiasts that I can't find anything to be an empty fanboy about. Everyone actually disgustingly discusses their Nintendo love but in a way that is sickeningly appropriate and usually interesting while being simultaneously entertaining. Sigh. Then you people even coherently and plainly talk about non-Nintendo things as if they matter to you! Jeez. I guess most of all I enjoy TNE for being the dichotomy that it is. A legitimate, quasi-mature video gaming community that doesn't fit into the usual mold of fanboyism while retaining that love of our main focus. Nintendo stuff.

I'll start this party! My favorite thing about TNE is the abhorrent maturity of this desert oasis we call the "interwebs". All day I look to rant and rave while waxing poetic about the latest Nintendo fanboy stuf but TNE just has so many educated enthusiasts that I can't find anything to be an empty fanboy about. Everyone actually disgustingly discusses their Nintendo love but in a way that is sickeningly appropriate and usually interesting while being simultaneously entertaining. Sigh. Then you people even coherently and plainly talk about non-Nintendo things as if they matter to you! Jeez. I guess most of all I enjoy TNE for being the dichotomy that it is. A legitimate, quasi-mature video gaming community that doesn't fit into the usual mold of fanboyism while retaining that love of our main focus. Nintendo stuff.
Nice answer, but I meant this site.

hurr hurr

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
It's truly difficult for me to put into words what this place means to me, and how important the people here are....

I love you guys....

Thank you for everything you have done for me and my family....

I sincerly mean that....

You are the best friends I could hope to have....

So hang on to the free game, I already got my prize, it's called TNE....

Last edited:

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
For me, it's always been about the community. In the past, whether it was IGN or some other forum, while I did feel welcome, I felt more as an outsider the majority of the time. A nobody as it were. It's probably a byproduct of having a much bigger audience of forum members. It reminded me of High School, so a loner mostly.

For TNE, because we were a much smaller community, we actually got to know a lot of people, as did I. Up until this point, I hardly ever played online games with a group of people I knew, let alone actually chat with them as the shenanigans unfolded. That's not something you can buy, or request. Something like that has to be earned, andyou earn that with respect not only to others, but also yourself. You guys welcomed me with open arms, and I've been here ever since.

Since it's a snow day I decided to give the game a try. Lots of fun. I'm not the best at these stylish fast base combo fighters, but it makes me smile when I managed to pull something off. I can see myself playing this for quite some time.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
Hmm...why do I like this place? Hell if I know :p

In all seriousness, I guess it's because I can discuss my gaming interests and opinions without someone getting butthurt that I disagree with their opini- I mean, "facts". Like if I had said I liked the Wii more than the N64 on IGN, I'd probably be slaughtered by hordes of angry former Nintendo fanboys who feel "betrayed" by Nintendo. I can say that here and, while I'm sure that more than a handful don't share my preference, no one would've been a baby about it

Odo

Everything he said.

Keep the game tho, my backlog is already too insane.