So who's body is ready for Animal Crossing New Leaf?

The game is about 5 weeks away and its getting close! Who's going to join my town!? What features are you excited for?
I'm happy for the release of this game cause I'll be playing this game with my girlfriend all the time and will be great for her to interact with the Nintendo Enthusiast community!

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
My body is ready, my 3DS is not. I want to go digital for this one, but I'm all out of room on my SD card. Gonna have to go shopping!

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
OMG IS IT THAT CLOSE!?!? NO NO IM NOT READY AT ALL AND I NEED TO GET READY FAST!!! VERY FAST!!!

Most people think there's no way good ol Mattavelle could be into AC franchise. Welp them folks are wrong in a major way. I've played and loved them all since the original on GC. So yes I need to get ready to show off.

Man... I dunno. It looks stunning, but the last AC I played was for DS, and I loved it, but it took a hold of me way too hard. Games where you have daily responsibilities don't work very well with my personality... I give them way too much of my time take them way too seriously. :-B
That said it does look amazing. Maybe I'll try being a "casual" AC player this time around.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Man... I dunno. It looks stunning, but the last AC I played was for DS, and I loved it, but it took a hold of me way too hard. Games where you have daily responsibilities don't work very well with my personality... I give them way too much of my time take them way too seriously. :-B
That said it does look amazing. Maybe I'll try being a "casual" AC player this time around.

It's ok you can say it. Are you my long list brother or something? This post is me x1million!!! Also you know and I know and everyone in this thread knows there is no casual AC player. Once it's got ya its got ya!

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
It might be my first AC game. It's perfect timing too, because I'm soon going to be without a Wii U for about a couple of months, up until July.

Menashe

It might be my first AC game. It's perfect timing too, because I'm soon going to be without a Wii U for about a couple of months, up until July.
OOOH why?
Yeah, sounds like you're going to be on the move. Where are going for so long? And why don't you bring your Wii U along?

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
The last one I played was the GC one. It was the first game that I ever anticipated before launch. There were other games that I had wanted, of course. However, I got my N64 very late in the game and until that point, my only experience with video games was at a friends house, so I didn't really pay attention to game releases and whatnot. When I got my GameCube, I still wasn't really in the habit of paying attention to upcoming games. Rather, I would go to Walmart or Zellers and play on the demo booths. That's how I found out about Mario Sunshine and learned to love jumping on a log in a river! Animal Crossing, though, had those bizarre commercials and I would see them just about every night. Some creepy, bloated looking girl complaining about her boyfriend - "All he does is fish all day long!" I knew I had to have it, and more than that, my sister wanted it too. The week that it was being released, we were going to my grandparents, so the plan was that on the way back, we would stop and pick it up at the store. Most of what we did at my grandparents though consisted of sitting on the interwebs looking up junk about Animal Crossing and getting ridiculously excited for it. Finally we got it and then we played forever! Nintendo had set up a website that was like the Animal Crossing newspaper, and we would check that out regularly. We fought over whose turn it was to pick the weeds, or where we should start a fruit orchard. I remember waking up at stupid o'clock in the morning to go and do my morning calisthenics. Eventually, of course, we got bored of it, but that was something like 2 years later.
So when the DS version was announced, I got pretty excited. After a lot of reading about it, though, it seemed to be pretty much the same game that I had already played for 2 years and I wasn't really into playing it all over again, so I skipped over it. Then City Folk came about and I got really excited again, maybe this one would recapture the charm! But alas, from all I read, not only was it essentially the same game, but it had taken a few steps backwards as well. I was very disappointed. And then New Leaf was announced, and now I'm really excited again. It occurs to me that this may very well be a very similar game to what I played on the GameCube, but something else occurs to me as well. That was TEN years ago! Quite frankly, even if it turns out to be exactly the same experience, which I think it probably will, just with a few extra bells and whistles, I'm OK with that. I think I'm ready to put in another 2 years! Now all I need to do is convince my sister to get a 3DS and Animal Crossing and it'll be just like old times :p

The last one I played was the GC one. It was the first game that I ever anticipated before launch. There were other games that I had wanted, of course. However, I got my N64 very late in the game and until that point, my only experience with video games was at a friends house, so I didn't really pay attention to game releases and whatnot. When I got my GameCube, I still wasn't really in the habit of paying attention to upcoming games. Rather, I would go to Walmart or Zellers and play on the demo booths. That's how I found out about Mario Sunshine and learned to love jumping on a log in a river! Animal Crossing, though, had those bizarre commercials and I would see them just about every night. Some creepy, bloated looking girl complaining about her boyfriend - "All he does is fish all day long!" I knew I had to have it, and more than that, my sister wanted it too. The week that it was being released, we were going to my grandparents, so the plan was that on the way back, we would stop and pick it up at the store. Most of what we did at my grandparents though consisted of sitting on the interwebs looking up junk about Animal Crossing and getting ridiculously excited for it. Finally we got it and then we played forever! Nintendo had set up a website that was like the Animal Crossing newspaper, and we would check that out regularly. We fought over whose turn it was to pick the weeds, or where we should start a fruit orchard. I remember waking up at stupid o'clock in the morning to go and do my morning calisthenics. Eventually, of course, we got bored of it, but that was something like 2 years later.
So when the DS version was announced, I got pretty excited. After a lot of reading about it, though, it seemed to be pretty much the same game that I had already played for 2 years and I wasn't really into playing it all over again, so I skipped over it. Then City Folk came about and I got really excited again, maybe this one would recapture the charm! But alas, from all I read, not only was it essentially the same game, but it had taken a few steps backwards as well. I was very disappointed. And then New Leaf was announced, and now I'm really excited again. It occurs to me that this may very well be a very similar game to what I played on the GameCube, but something else occurs to me as well. That was TEN years ago! Quite frankly, even if it turns out to be exactly the same experience, which I think it probably will, just with a few extra bells and whistles, I'm OK with that. I think I'm ready to put in another 2 years! Now all I need to do is convince my sister to get a 3DS and Animal Crossing and it'll be just like old times :p
In other words, your body is ready.

Please be more like the Gamecube one. I don't know what about it made me like it so much better than the others! It just was.
now i vill vinally be able to bvring socialeesm intzo animal crozzing MWAHAHAHAHAH!!

ASuch

The Salt Master
I've been playing New Leaf as well since Sunday. I have over 500000 in the bank right now with no signs of slowing down. I also have every single fruit except persimmon. Yes, I do favors :>
3695-1318-7882
Also Bobby, we need to hook up sometime so we can BFF each other

Ex-Actarus

I've never played a Animal Crossing game in my life.
But I'm really tempted this time around.
I never played a Fire Emblem before the 3DS and I love Awakening
Same feeling for New Leaf...

Soo good. It's one of those games I kinda always keep on and play when alongside the TV or something. It's super chill.
Here's my friend code, I got lots of fruits and I'm always looking for more places to grab items and clothes from :)3325-2069-9650

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I'm still getting started but I got my 3DS and AC. Been playing since the GC, this is the best thus far even with my short time playing.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I will just give me alittle bit. I wanna work in my town solo to make sure it has the right flare.

Also we now have 3 3DSs in my house now. And 3 copies of AC:NL, so we have been getting fruit and helping one another out.

Once I'm happy tho I will open the gates with my FC.

I will just give me alittle bit. I wanna work in my town solo to make sure it has the right flare.

Also we now have 3 3DSs in my house now. And 3 copies of AC:NL, so we have been getting fruit and helping one another out.

Once I'm happy tho I will open the gates with my FC.
see ya next week then, lol.

is there a secret to shark fishing?
my success rate is pretty low.
also is all you get from balloon gifts balloon furniture?
You just have to be fast. One tip is to close your eyes and just press the button when you hear the sound. And yes so far I believe its just balloon furniture.

is there a secret to shark fishing?
my success rate is pretty low.
also is all you get from balloon gifts balloon furniture?
You just have to be fast. One tip is to close your eyes and just press the button when you hear the sound. And yes so far I believe its just balloon furniture.
that's exactly what I do, most of the time and only because I'm usually fishing while watching tv so it's a helpful tactic for that.

once i put on my headphones it did get easier. not sure if because hammer heads are easier to catch or i could hear better.
its also super easy to get money once island opens up.

Koenig

The Architect
Looks like I will be getting my copy on Friday.
*rant*
By the time i get the game everyone else is going to have such nice towns while ill be stuck in a tent...

once i put on my headphones it did get easier. not sure if because hammer heads are easier to catch or i could hear better.
its also super easy to get money once island opens up.
hell yeah it is. I'm rolling in dosh over here.

EthanGK

The blunder from down under
Net and shovel at the shop three days in row >_< I really just want to be able to do stuff. Come ooooooon fishing rod. When can I start upgrading buildings and stuff? I started on the solstice so I couldn't do any mayor stuff that day because the hall was closed, the next day I had to apply for the rights to develop stuff and today I got to set up the construction for a bridge at least. It feels like there's so much that I can do later on. I wanna do stuff now D:
I love the fossils and bug catching though. I finished a mammoth today. I have a crapload of butterflies and stuff too, which is cool, and a statue. I want some fish though!

Koenig

The Architect
Net and shovel at the shop three days in row >_< I really just want to be able to do stuff. Come ooooooon fishing rod. When can I start upgrading buildings and stuff? I started on the solstice so I couldn't do any mayor stuff that day because the hall was closed, the next day I had to apply for the rights to develop stuff and today I got to set up the construction for a bridge at least. It feels like there's so much that I can do later on. I wanna do stuff now D:
I love the fossils and bug catching though. I finished a mammoth today. I have a crapload of butterflies and stuff too, which is cool, and a statue. I want some fish though!
If you wan't you can try to join my town, the store normally has a fishing rod. However all of my other friends have been getting error codes when they try to join me.

EthanGK

The blunder from down under
Thanks man, I've got one now. What's your FC? Mine's 2964 8799 0233, I'll visit your village some time. I'm only a beginner, so you'll recognise me as the one who has all kinds of crap on :p My hair in the game is brown but my actual hair is blonde which is kind of funny. Apparently it has something to do with the questions you answer at the start, but oh well. I'm not gonna start again just for hair xD

sigh of relief right here. Bought myself a royal crown and was certain that it was associated with Princes and Queens but luckily it seems that it's more King-y. At least according to the AC Wiki. 1.2 million well spent, I say.

Koenig

The Architect
Thanks man, I've got one now. What's your FC? Mine's 2964 8799 0233, I'll visit your village some time. I'm only a beginner, so you'll recognise me as the one who has all kinds of crap on :p My hair in the game is brown but my actual hair is blonde which is kind of funny. Apparently it has something to do with the questions you answer at the start, but oh well. I'm not gonna start again just for hair xD
My friend code is (God I hate these things)4639-9234-2996

Koenig

The Architect
I really wish you could work on multiple projects at one time, if only to reserve the space so new villagers don't wreck your plans. I have a bridge, clock, 3 lights, a lighthouse, and a bench to build; but I know another villager is going to move in in one of the places I intend to put them...
(ALSO: I have yet to find a top hat...If you happen to find a top hat or any "Steampunk" gear, let me know and I will be willing to pay a fair some bells for the accessory!)

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Bobby D oh my Dayum!!!!! That's some tight looking clothing right there! I would love to have the first one "real human being". I'm about 1 week away from opening my town to y'all. And I gots to have that!

you can get it right now with the QR code. you talk to the girl on the sewing machine to unlock the qr machine if you didnt know. takes a few days.
should of mentioned i got these online and didnt make them or anything.i do plan on making stuff at some point.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
How do you upgrade muesam? I've caught almost all bugs, fish, deep sea, fossils, and 2 paintings for the month of June. I got around 50 things donated. So I need that muesam upgrade and need to know how I gets that.

Also Koenig when you get the big time Nook store they sell records there of KK.

Koenig

The Architect
I think you can upgrade the museum 14 days after you started your file. (I don't know for sure though, as It has not yet been 14 days)And thanks, I really want to get some music for my house. Now if only the store would upgrade...