So who's body is ready for Animal Crossing New Leaf?

Koenig

The Architect
I still need to get into using feng shui in my house. But that involves complexities that I don't care to bother with at this time.(In summary though, arranging certain colored types of furniture in your house can affect the equations used for your luck, wealth, or interactions with villagers)

EthanGK

The blunder from down under
Bloody hell! I've been doing it wrong :p My house is just filled with crap xDJust met Cyrus, he made out like I was harassing his wife... I wonder what he does if you have a female character.

Koenig

The Architect
My house is pretty packed as well, though I have been doing my best to organize each room to a specific type of furniture (Which can result in rewards)

EthanGK

Boy, really? All I ever seem to find at night are mosquitoes and I imagine they don't sell for much. That and the occasional spider :p Then again I've never really looked hard at night, will do, thanks :D

Koenig

The Architect
In general, the best bugs are the beetles that cling to the trees. Though you will have to sneak up on some of them or they will fly away.They have a phenomenal respawn rate on the island, which allows you to simply circle it and catch several per minute.

EthanGK

I accidentally destroyed my island, thinking that was where I was meant to get plants and stuff from. Didn't work out lol. Gotta reopopulate it once I've got my village in order.
I just got lucky with a balloon. I still haven't found a slingshot but I saw it at the right time and was able to pop it with my net :D I have a balloon bed and balloon sofa.

Koenig

The Architect
Pretty much the only room that has real consistency in my house is the balloon room...It is the only furniture type that I don't have trouble finding.

EthanGK

The balloon stuff is pretty cool-looking. I've just bumped into a creepy otter in the water. I found a scallop and he wants it, but so does my museum >_<
I'm sure I'll find more scallops in the future, so I guess I'll give this one to the museum and give him the future ones.

Koenig

The Architect
In general, it is best to give it to him, as he is not guaranteed to show up. In exchange he will give you piece of "Pirate" furniture.

EthanGK

Oh that's cool! So wait, he won't show up every time I find a scallop? I guess it would be better to just give this one to him and wait until he doesn't show up to give one to the museum.

Koenig

The Architect
Yes. You can buy the diving suit from the Island for 40 medals (48 if you have the bell boom ordinance in effect)However the island is not guaranteed to have it in stock, so you will have to check back the next day if they don't.

EthanGK

Exactly what Koenig said :) Does anybody have an idea of how I can repopulate my island's flowers? Like I've said a couple of times, I took the flowers from there because I'm a beginner at AC and I didn't have the garden shop yet. Planted everything in my town and now I can't get all the cool bugs to spawn on the island because it has no flowers. Any ideas?

Koenig

The Architect
Exactly what Koenig said :) Does anybody have an idea of how I can repopulate my island's flowers? Like I've said a couple of times, I took the flowers from there because I'm a beginner at AC and I didn't have the garden shop yet. Planted everything in my town and now I can't get all the cool bugs to spawn on the island because it has no flowers. Any ideas?
go on a tour, and pick up the flowers or fruit in the area. As long as they are not related to the tour mini-game, they will still be with you when you return to the island.

EthanGK

Ohhh really? That's great! That'll be a good way of getting plants to my town too. I figure'd you were supposed to go to other people's towns to get different fruit :D yay!

Ohhh really? That's great! That'll be a good way of getting plants to my town too. I figure'd you were supposed to go to other people's towns to get different fruit :D yay!
well, you are still going to have to do that, island only provides tropical fruit. You won't get cherries, apples, pears, oragnes, etc, from the island.

Koenig

The Architect
perhaps there are a few pre-determined fruits that you can get that would otherwise only be possible via visiting another town. Likewise, you can also get such fruits from villagers on rare occasions.

EthanGK

Ah ok, cool. Yeah I noticed villagers sometimes give you fruit. One gave me a Durian which I already had :pAlso, just unlocked the QR machine. Turns out you don't need to talk to her 10 days in a row. I spoke to her quite a few days in a row, didn't speak to her for a week and then spoke to her two or three days in a row and unlocked it :D

Koenig

The Architect
I unlocked it today as well, though to be fair I had forgotten how many days in a row I had spoken with her.
Speaking of the QR machine; Here is my custom frock for those who are interested:

EthanGK

Hahaha that's awesome, I'll have to get one of those :>I love messing with the villagers. The other day I dug holes all around one of them and then filled one of them with a pitfall so they had no choice but to walk in it. The best part is they didn't blame me muahahaha!
We went for a long drive today so I had a decent block of time to play AC. Paid off the Dream Suite and a home loan, got the signatures for the club and Blathers asked me to upgrade the museum, so that'll be my next project for sure :D I love the museum, it's my favourite part. Collecting animals and reading about them.
I caught a whole bunch of things I didn't have yet today: Whale Shark, Saw Shark, Blue Marlin, (normal) Shark, Sun Fish, Ray, Arapaima and I just now caught a Tarantula! The museum's starting to look really nice. Walking through the aquarium is really nice. Some of the fish interact with you, like the moray eel sticks its head out and snaps. The piranha rams the glass in front of you biting at you. Good stuff.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Alright boys stuff just got real. I'm about to share this friend code this week. We need this thread to get more active.

I just paid 90 bells apiece for a crapload of Turnips. Ima need to see turnip prices from y'all this week if at all possible and ill do the same. Whoever on what day has the highest prices at re-tail I'm paying ya a visit, AND giving you a cut of the profits.

I got huge into doing this in AC:CF on Wii and I have been know to leave 100,000 bells for every 500,000 I make so I pay well. So lets see them turnip prices this week if substantially higher than 90 bells apiece. If not dont worry about it.

I had stellar prices last week. I made over 10 million bells in tips alone from people who came to visit and sell their stock. Here are some helpful links for stalk marketing, I'm sure you already seen it but just in caseDescription of Patterns: http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/stalk-market/Pattern Predictor (its for City Folk, but it works just as well for New Leaf):http://www.kurtboyer.com/guides/AnimalCrossingCityFolk/StalkMarket/that gets accurate around Tuesdays.And here's a handy infographic. http://25.media.tumblr.com/6192bb789ae8d4696331ac38ace7d6fd/tumblr_mpo14jYoU11sp8elno1_500.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kTRswwH.pnghttp://25.media.tumblr.com/0ca8cfe078ee725e240a591c71114e7a/tumblr_mpo14jYoU11sp8elno3_500.png
according to it I'll likely have a Random pattern this week since I had a Big Spike pattern last week.

EthanGK

Yes, perhaps I should get into the turnip stock exchange myself, as I don't seem to be making as many bells as I should be. Everything I catch in my town seems to be worth very little. My island has a good yield but it's not very efficient. My only other source of bells is hitting rocks with a shovel which nets me either 16000 or 8000 each day which is nice. I'll keep an eye on turnip prices for ya this week, Matt. Next Sunday I'll have to buy some, too :)

Koenig

The Architect
I should probably pay attention to them as well. I have gotten tired of hunting for bugs to pay my bills. Likewise I am getting tired of the game in general since no ones town is ever open >_>

Right, according to the wizard I'm due for another large spike tomorrow (thats 3 weeks in a row!)It'll probably be around the 400+ range, although I'm hoping for 500+. If you have turnips you can't do much worse.

EthanGK

Got the gold trophy in the bug off which was nice :D Was going to buy turnips today but they're 110 and last week re-tail reached 100 bells each, max. I'll wait until next week.
Also, gave the whole Club Tortimer thing a try today. Was a bit disappointed. Once somebody finally got there they didn't stay for long and people kept joining and leaving straight away. Since the game makes you stop what you're doing and saves every single time somebody joins and leaves, I was caught in a loop of saving for quite a while. When I was finally free and got what little stuff I had nabbed off the island into the box, I got the hell out of there before anyone else could join. >_<
Also, for people who haven't done the bug off yet, something I noticed while playing it, you get a prize every single time you break the record, even if it is your own record (the prize gets better as your record gets higher, too). So try to beat your record by as little as possible each time to get lots of free furniture. Winning isn't very hard, anyway. I had a birdwing butterfly which isn't very rare get 111 points, which was a lot higher than the other villagers. I'll have to prepare a bunch of rare bugs next time to try and get even more prizes.

i got second T.T
some fool of a fowl came in last minute and beat me with a golden stag.
needless to say i reported the problem maker immediately.

EthanGK

Hahaha digital! What does the reporting actually do? I've been too afraid to try it. Discover more in this game every day. Got my first "reaction" today from shrunk. Got "glee". I like how the villagers react to you doing it. Something weird I noticed, you know how when you walk near a cicada they stop making noise and then when you walk away they fly off? Well, when I did my reaction in front of one once it had stopped making noise, it started making noise again and didn't fly off when I walked away. I don't know why that is. Maybe I'll whistle my way towards my next rare bug and see if that works :p
I also accidentally jumped off a cliff, which I didn't know you could do. I was wearing my jumpsuit and you can jump straight off the cliffs into the water, awesome.

Aki

@mattavelle1: I just bought some turnips, how does this whole thing work? I understand how it works in my game, but what do you guys do? Come to my town and check prices or check prices in your town and then have me send them to you?