Sonic Mania

Socar

A new Sonic game called Sonic Mania is coming out next year. I am excited for this because its giving back the glory times of Sonic or what he used to be.

The music so far is amazing, love its smooth animations and its visuals and gameplay wise, its identical to that of the classic games!

So There's some footage that the game has right now. Green Hill and Studiopolis are the only levels played here.

Honestly, I can't see anything negative happening here. You have two Sonic games coming out next year where two different staffs are working hard on these two games. One is Christian Whitehead who is known very well for his great attempts for the Sonic Remasters and the other team is working on a new game who have worked on Sonic Colors and Generations.

Its a win win here simply because if one game isn't worth getting, then the other one certainly can. The only thing that would ruin this dream come true situation is if SEGA were to suddenly cancel the games for whatever reason or if they decide to rush the game and just leave it unfinished but at this point, that sounds highly unlikely because well.....considering the fact that SEGA is making lesser games now and not to mention that they are really determined to make quality games this time around, I can't picture this happening one bit!

I do have one nitpick issue though....why isn't this releasing for the 3DS? I can understand the Wii U seeing that system is coming to an end, but the 3DS has a huge library and not to mention that SEGA is in good terms with Nintendo here.

Now I don't mind it too much but still, I would like this to come for the 3DS at the very least cause well.....the 3DS doesn't have that many platform games out there and I'm a huge fan of platform games.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
Looks like the best Sonic game in 20 years :p

Yeah, it kinda sucks it's not coming to the Wii-U or 3DS, as I'd rather play it on them, but that's fine. I still have access to the game

I dont think the 3ds can hold the framerate that game has. I feel kinda disappointed because this game looks like another fangame called Sonic Time Twisted. Its not that it is bad, its just....

Socar

I dont think the 3ds can hold the framerate that game has. I feel kinda disappointed because this game looks like another fangame called Sonic Time Twisted. Its not that it is bad, its just....
Oh right.....it can do wonders like having Monster Hunter Generations and Uprising running smoothly as well as the 3D Classics running top notch and yet it can't do something like Mania?

People need to stop underestimating the 3DS's capabilities.

Odo

What's going on about Sonic?

For me it's just a Sonic retro game. Why is this making the Internet so happy?

PS: I'm not bashing it, I just want to get what Sonic Mania means.

PS2: Sonic Mania and Sonic Boom are terrible names in my opinion.

What's going on about Sonic?

For me it's just a Sonic retro game. Why is this making the Internet so happy?

PS: I'm not bashing it, I just want to get what Sonic Mania means.

PS2: Sonic Mania and Sonic Boom are terrible names in my opinion.
I don't really pay attention to the Sonic fanbase/subreddits/etc. But I would imagine Sonic Mania is what Mega Man fans went through when Mega Man 9 was announced. After years or sub series, spin offs, different gameplay mechanics, they're going back to what made the franchise great in the first place in every way possible.