SPAMMING

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
This shit needs to stop. Since the latest greatest has been put on top, it's been endless bullshit. It's turning this board into absolute garbage every night.

@Menashe @CyanPrime

There has to be a solution. I'm sure you're already working on it, but it's really bad.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
If you can put a phone number together with the IP address of the company that's doing this to our board, I will take the time to call them and bitch them out myself. I fucking hate this shit. I will rain fire on these fucking assholes. It's gotten progressively worse.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Yeah no joke. I just cleared out like 7 threads. I feel like I clear out 3 spam threads every 3 hours or so. And that's just what I do, not even sure how many more threads Matt, Fried, and Super are deleting.

Can't we just have a security question again? Like, "who's the creator of Super Mario Bros?"

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
Yeah no joke. I just cleared out like 7 threads. I feel like I clear out 3 spam threads every 3 hours or so. And that's just what I do, not even sure how many more threads Matt, Fried, and Super are deleting.

Can't we just have a security question again? Like, "who's the creator of Super Mario Bros?"
Put me in charge of cussing out assholes. I'm SO good at it.

It's like.. You gotta be one to see one. Takes one to know one. Real recognizes real. Real feels down field. No time to ryhme. This post keeps making less sense. SEO monster.

Just kidding. But I'm serious.

But fuck these guys. I love the new forum format of putting new posts on top, but these spammers are clearly wrecking it.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
The best way to stop it is to call the businesses that are spamming (likely through cheap SEO), let the know they're spamming, threaten to report them to google, then report them to google.

Getting bitch slapped by Google is absolute death to these businesses. In the long run, the only ones profiting from this activity are the spammers.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
In fact, I wish those posts weren't deleted and instead moved to a different thread called "spam" so it could be documented and reported, because Google hates this shit as much as I do. I know it involves minutes, but it'll make this a better place considering the new format.

Hopefully they were archived in some way.

@Menashe

Odo

This spam situation must stop. Everybody is fed up with it. It's like DDOS attacks and terrorism. If only we could put Spam, DDOS attacks and terrorism in one place and nuke them, I'd really appreciate.

Why nuke bombs can't deal with them? Some decades ago nuke stuff could stop a lot of bad things. This new world is rubbish.

Everyday when I open my email I've got a lot of spams to deal with. Damn it! In fact, why we still need to use email? Email is so deprecated, somebody must shut it down for good.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
There's already a captcha and security question system in place.

There's also a system that tries to cull even more spammers by looking out for "red flags" in a user's registration, like if they have an uncommon email address or randomized letter name. And though it's kept spammers out, it's also kept legit new members out, if I'm not mistaken. That means that some of these spammers simply look more legit to the current system than some real posters.

So I don't know what we can do. If I think of something I'll give it a try.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
There's already a captcha and security question system in place.

There's also a system that tries to cull even more spammers by looking out for "red flags" in a user's registration, like if they have an uncommon email address or randomized letter name. And though it's kept spammers out, it's also kept legit new members out, if I'm not mistaken. That means that some of these spammers simply look more legit to the current system than some real posters.

So I don't know what we can do. If I think of something I'll give it a try.
Ban India.