{SPOILERS} Xenoblade Chronicles X Thread for Winners! {Spoilers}

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
I actually liked the ending. Answered some questions, asked many more, and it left it open to do something else with the story. I was quite intrigued.
But as they say, each to their own.

My biggest problem with the story is how the things I wanted to see were crammed in the last chapter.

It was pretty obvious early on that Mira is not all that it seemed to be. All the aliens basically said "funny how we mastered space travel but ended up crashing here anyways. Go figure *winky winky*. The fact all that humans are robots was explained relatively early, but I like the whole "what makes us human" thing, but once you find you're a robot they treat it as another day at the office. Well, you do, cause I hate the fact "you" is a silent protagonist. I was thinking something special was gonna happen with that since he/she was the only survivor of their group, but nope, nothing. Just so awkward, you're literally a tager on where Elma mind as well have been the main protagonist.

I'm with Jueg, a lot of the side missions were more interesting with me when it dealt with topics such as religion, racism, yearning for home, greed, etc. Main story was pretty tame and straight forward until the end where they crammed in what I wanted to see more of.

The fact Elma says "it's this planet" at the very end kinda upset me since it was pretty obvious from the start.

If they don't continue the story then it's officially the biggest dick move in video game history. Monolith just can't finish a story in the "Xeno" series for the life of them. Xenogears was suppose to have a sequel, Xenosaga was suppose to be 6 games. In fact, the only reason Xenoblade on Wii was a complete story was probably because it wasn't even a Xeno game to begin with.

Honestly, I was kinda hoping the ending went full on Metal Gear Solid 2 :p I predicted Elma wasn't human, but I like it in stories where the evironment itself is a major player like Big Shell in MGS 2 and even the Bottle Ship in Metroid Other M. Hopefully a sequel will go full board with this concept of a living planet...thing.

Idk even know what I want at this point. I like the game very much, but the ending is a mixed bag. It'll be a bag of shit if they make Xenoblade Chronicles X420blazeitX that has nothing to do with XcX.

edit: also, the line "this story never truly ends" is kinda a slap in the dick

simplyTravis

Lamer Gamers Podcast Co-Host
My biggest problem with the story is how the things I wanted to see were crammed in the last chapter.

It was pretty obvious early on that Mira is not all that it seemed to be. All the aliens basically said "funny how we mastered space travel but ended up crashing here anyways. Go figure *winky winky*. The fact all that humans are robots was explained relatively early, but I like the whole "what makes us human" thing, but once you find you're a robot they treat it as another day at the office. Well, you do, cause I hate the fact "you" is a silent protagonist. I was thinking something special was gonna happen with that since he/she was the only survivor of their group, but nope, nothing. Just so awkward, you're literally a tager on where Elma mind as well have been the main protagonist.

I'm with Jueg, a lot of the side missions were more interesting with me when it dealt with topics such as religion, racism, yearning for home, greed, etc. Main story was pretty tame and straight forward until the end where they crammed in what I wanted to see more of.

The fact Elma says "it's this planet" at the very end kinda upset me since it was pretty obvious from the start.

If they don't continue the story then it's officially the biggest dick move in video game history. Monolith just can't finish a story in the "Xeno" series for the life of them. Xenogears was suppose to have a sequel, Xenosaga was suppose to be 6 games. In fact, the only reason Xenoblade on Wii was a complete story was probably because it wasn't even a Xeno game to begin with.

Honestly, I was kinda hoping the ending went full on Metal Gear Solid 2 :p I predicted Elma wasn't human, but I like it in stories where the evironment itself is a major player like Big Shell in MGS 2 and even the Bottle Ship in Metroid Other M. Hopefully a sequel will go full board with this concept of a living planet...thing.

Idk even know what I want at this point. I like the game very much, but the ending is a mixed bag. It'll be a bag of shit if they make Xenoblade Chronicles X420blazeitX that has nothing to do with XcX.

edit: also, the line "this story never truly ends" is kinda a slap in the dick
The ending made me feel hate, remorse, anger, and a twinge of hope. The story had some really great ideas but it feels like the game is such a springboard for a bigger universe and series. I really hope they capitalize on it.

By the way....congratulations! You are now a winner!

"This story truly never ends...nor do you really win."

simplyTravis

Sequel Idea: Fast forward a couple thousand years in the future. The planet has changed (climate shift) and they are running out of resources. You spend the game scavenging parts from bodies of those who essentially couldn't handle living forever and have ended themselves. Another faction has sort of gone off the reservation after a few thousand years and are essentially broken mentally with a desire to flee the planet but they must harvest some part in those that are living to create a device that would allow them to leave the planet (or so they think.) Essentially it would make for an interesting play dealing with surviving eternity and would it be worth it to sacrifice others for the greater good (leaving the planet.)

Isn't leaving the planet impossible? Everyone crashes here and even the time travelling Dr B couldn't leave (although I never finished his second mission so I'm not sure how his story ends).

I would like the sequel to just deal with the whole "how are we still alive" and what's the deal with Mira itself.

I think that's my biggest disappointment. I was thinking of some crazy plot twists with Mira itself. Then for the game to shrug it's shoulders and end on the biggest sequel hook ever doesn't really do it for me. They better not have this planned out for 6 games again.

simplyTravis

Isn't leaving the planet impossible? Everyone crashes here and even the time travelling Dr B couldn't leave (although I never finished his second mission so I'm not sure how his story ends).

I would like the sequel to just deal with the whole "how are we still alive" and what's the deal with Mira itself.

I think that's my biggest disappointment. I was thinking of some crazy plot twists with Mira itself. Then for the game to shrug it's shoulders and end on the biggest sequel hook ever doesn't really do it for me. They better not have this planned out for 6 games again.
Any game that takes me over 100 hours to beat should at least allow me to have some sort of finished story. This story was just left wide open with no end really. That was my biggest issue. I'm really excited for a sequel but really hate how it ended.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.

I'm wondering just how damn good Takahashi's story must be in his head, that he keeps trying to retell it even though it keeps getting cancelled. He must consider it his magnum opus or something. I hope it delivers.

I know a lot of JRPG's can be considered cliche and all that but I really do get a kick out of some of them. Like Xenoblade 1, I really enjoyed the god damn out of that story about the giants, the sword, how the world came to be and all that. It felt epic and when shit got heavy, it got heavy.

Final Fantasies were like that to me as well. I'll never forget fighting Sin in 10 then learning the truth about Tidus. Or how 7, when those Weapons popped out and Meteor was descending. Shit. Got. Real.

In XCX you had a countdown and again, the sequel hook straight out of a Kingdom Hearts game (man in black hood on a beach).

I want to play Xenogears and Xenosaga, but since episode 6 of Gears wasn't made, and Xenosaga 3-6 had to be pair down and loaded with text, I kinda don't want to right now :p

edit: and boy do I agree with @simplyTravis A game that takes as long to beat should offer more closure. Not "this is actually just the beginning lol".

Oh no, I'm turning in a salt factory again.

Last edited:

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
To put in a couple things -

What's damaged is the database that is supposed to be holding/transmitting the consciousnesses. The mechanism to create new life (and new humans) is still intact, hence the citizens of NLA can start having kids after things get a bit more settled.

Now what this could mean down the line is anyone's guess, but it does mean that with the recovery of the Core they are capable of resurrecting the human race instead of have static/dwindling number of humans as robots.

praisegrima

I'm wondering if they can make human bodies and eventually discover a way to transmit from their mims to their new real bodies. I think I'm wrong though cause they controlled the mims through essentially future bluetooth yeah? So the mims hold no souls to transfer right?

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
I'm wondering if they can make human bodies and eventually discover a way to transmit from their mims to their new real bodies. I think I'm wrong though cause they controlled the mims through essentially future bluetooth yeah? So the mims hold no souls to transfer right?
If the mims were to go into new bodies (which they can't do because they don't have access to where they're transmitting from) it would be the same quandary as revealed in the final chapter - The memories they had would be transferred/copied over to the newly grown human bodies, but it would be up to the individual as to whether or not their "soul" was transferred as well.

What they can do is have children, however. They can grow a new human being based on the genetic information of the mims human base, and simply raise that child like they would any other.

Heck, they could probably even have the new child be "grown" in the belly of the mother mim's body, since they're designed to function almost exactly like a human one.

praisegrima