Started playing PC

Aki

so i took my game to the next level and started gaming on pc. and it's the best. i used to be of the mindset that mouse and board were shit, but now i can't sacrifice that level of precision. i don't really think i can play games without a mouse anymore. keyboard as well. it's just so much better for the games that i play. and if i need to use a controller for a game like street fighter, i use my trusty x360 controller. then, there's the whole level of customization that pc offers and a level of immersion which i don't think consoles have. and the games are soooo smooth. and the graphics are still good for old games and it's just where it's at. plus, i did a shit ton of research on components and built my pc from scratch and i felt awesome afterwards. i just think that it's more in line with what i want out of my games. high performance. and i recently started playing doom 3 and i started replaying dragon age origins.

I prefer using keyboard/mouse for shooters but if it's a platformer or something than I prefer controller. That said my laptop has seen better days hardware wise so I had to play DOOM on PS4 and whatever magic those boys at ID did I approve, smooth as butter and perhaps the best analogue stick controls for a shooter I played.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
i don't really think i can play games without a mouse anymore. keyboard as well. it's just so much better for the games that i play.
I definitely feel this for any shooter. Gyroscopes work for Splatoon, but if that game had m+k controls they would just be busted. Like straight up no fun, snipers dominating all day kind of busted. IR aiming on the Wii and Wii U was far better than gyros, and they still aren't on the same level as the mouse.

Like COV, though, I tend to use a controller for a lot of other types of games. For example, I've always played Dark Souls with a 360 controller. But, for the next one I'll have to decide between the 360, Wii U Pro, Switch Pro, DS4, and Steam controllers. The fact that all those options are available is a great thing.

For Street Fighter I use the same stick that I've been using since USF4. The great thing about gaming on PC is that if a specific game requires a specific type of controller, you can generally find software that emulates that controller. Sometimes I have my fight stick emulate a keyboard, and sometimes a 360 controller, and either way it works (sometimes it adds 1 frame of input delay, but that's not very significant).

What I have in my future is a 144 Hz monitor. It seems absurd to a lot of people to go above 60 fps when most console games barely even target 30 fps, but there are people out there that swear that after playing a shooter like Overwatch or Quake at 144 Hz there's no going back. I want to feel that for myself. I'm thinking I want my 144 Hz monitor to also be 1440p resolution, but I'm 100% sure my graphics card can't handle that, so I'd have to upgrade and the whole thing could be very expensive. Still, it'll be nice to have that option in the future.

Aki

Nice to see you Aki, good you have been gamin!
good to see u as well, matt. yeah, man i went through a stretch of close to a year where i just didn't play anything. actually, i ended up donating all of my current-gen consoles to local kids in new orleans.

I definitely feel this for any shooter. Gyroscopes work for Splatoon, but if that game had m+k controls they would just be busted. Like straight up no fun, snipers dominating all day kind of busted. IR aiming on the Wii and Wii U was far better than gyros, and they still aren't on the same level as the mouse.

Like COV, though, I tend to use a controller for a lot of other types of games. For example, I've always played Dark Souls with a 360 controller. But, for the next one I'll have to decide between the 360, Wii U Pro, Switch Pro, DS4, and Steam controllers. The fact that all those options are available is a great thing.

For Street Fighter I use the same stick that I've been using since USF4. The great thing about gaming on PC is that if a specific game requires a specific type of controller, you can generally find software that emulates that controller. Sometimes I have my fight stick emulate a keyboard, and sometimes a 360 controller, and either way it works (sometimes it adds 1 frame of input delay, but that's not very significant).

What I have in my future is a 144 Hz monitor. It seems absurd to a lot of people to go above 60 fps when most console games barely even target 30 fps, but there are people out there that swear that after playing a shooter like Overwatch or Quake at 144 Hz there's no going back. I want to feel that for myself. I'm thinking I want my 144 Hz monitor to also be 1440p resolution, but I'm 100% sure my graphics card can't handle that, so I'd have to upgrade and the whole thing could be very expensive. Still, it'll be nice to have that option in the future.
it's the same as going from 30 fps to 60fps or from a refresh rate of 6o to 120 / 240. everything else becomes child's play. for example, there's no way i could go play doom 2016 on switch after i played it on pc. u can feel the regression.