Starting to get second thoughts

the_randomizer

Maybe I just suck at counter-arguing or backing up my debates about certain topics, I don't know, but as of last night, I feel like I'm a bloody outcast, that I'm just a third wheel in the community, but I can't quite figure out why, it's starting to gnaw at me. Maybe I just can't come up with a good response to backup an argument or debate. I won't mention names or the topic where this had occurred, but let's just say someone snapped at my big time and I'm not taking it well, at all, just because I had an opinion about something a company is doing to their console, what affects sales and so on.

Hell, maybe I'm just too pusillanimous to take it like a man and come up with a good way to continue, I don't know for sure. Suffice to say, I don't feel welcome here, and it sucks that I feel this way? WTF is wrong with me? :( For me to get this offended/defensive, there's something wrong with me I'm sure.

the_randomizer

If it's from Ex, I wouldn't worry about it. He's kinda like that with everyone who disagrees with him and it's not really that big of a deal. He doesn't particularly mean anything by it and he won't hold a grudge against you for it
Yeah, he was the one, I didn't want to mention his name specifically, I'm probably too much of a pussy to take the heat I guess. But you know me. I just want to feel like I'm a part of the community, that's all, and I'm hoping I'm gradually becoming as such ;)

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Welcome to TNE where people are upfront and center with what there thinking that way at least you know where you stand and don't have to worry about troll / fanboy crap. Everyone has there opinions and here they are treated as such so that honest and open convos can happen.

We encourage it, just like we encourage you to write this topic without fear of being outcast in some way. Heck I'm a mod and I've had my run ins with Ex, but it's cool because I'm still a poster and shouldn't be exempt from the convos just cause someone is scared to step on my toes.

@Superfakerbros is right we do want everyone to feel welcome. I have read all your post, and it seems to me your posting is really good and myself have enjoyed seeing you post more. So please don't feel discouraged understand that people are gonna go back and forth and there are some strong opinion people here, take it just as that tho, it's there opinion and you don't have to go along with it, and you don't have to argue against it either. You will know what's right.

And Suppah also made a great suggestion that I will add too. The best way to connect on personal levels is in the CT. I would add the chat to that aswell. There both pretty off topic and can be a lot of fun.

I do appreciate you caring enough about wanting to be here that you made this thread. I hope we have helped you out. And if you need anything just ask.

the_randomizer

Thank you for your support, and I guess I just needed some validation to make sure I wasn't messing anything up or what have ya, I'm quirky that way ROFL XD. If by the Community Hang-out, would that include threads like Photography Enthusiast, The Food Thread and the like? I have a lot of pictures I plan on posting on there (notably when I lived in Japan, oh yes, I even speak the language pretty well too), and I mean a lot of pictures :D With that said, I don't need to be so overly cautious, just don't want to upset people who may or may not agree, but then again, I can't force people to agree or feel a certain way.

Koenig

The Architect
When in doubt, the community thread is always a welcome home; at least until someone mentions Religion or Skyward Sword.

Last edited:

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Don't be afraid to be social around us, Random. Here on TNE, we pride ourselves for being able to talk about things and actually have a meaningful discussion about it. There was a time when I was sort of an outcast around here, that is until I start visiting the forums more often, and the CT. I also got to know many of the folks here by playing online with one another.

It's one thing to read text on a computer screen, and hoping it's a real person. It's another thing entirely when you hear those same thoughts attached to an actual person with a voice.

Odo

Don't be afraid to be social around us, Random. Here on TNE, we pride ourselves for being able to talk about things and actually have a meaningful discussion about it.
I was invited and I hadn't had a clue about TNE forums. Then I found out that we do have meaningful discussions.

We live in the Facebook world, so TNE Forum is a rare jewel.

We here can live in peace and discuss Zelda, GC commercial success (or failure), the Wii U destiny and stuff like Devil's Turd.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I was invited and I hadn't had a clue about TNE forums. Then I found out that we do have meaningful discussions.

We live in the Facebook world, so TNE Forum is a rare jewel.

We here can live in peace and discuss Zelda, GC commercial success (or failure), the Wii U destiny and stuff like Devil's Turd.
Why do you think I visit TNE more than I ever have Fakebook?