SUPER ROBO MOUSE (RCMADIAX, 2014)

Now that BLOK DROP U is out the door in North America, work on my second project is well underway. The title is SUPER ROBO MOUSE, which is a puzzle/adventure game releasing on the Wii U. Goal of the game is simple, get from the start of the maze to the end without getting hit by any of the obstacles along the way. Now, the goal at the end of each stage is LOCKED and can only be opened by collecting the required number of "Titanium Cheese" game pieces scattered throughout the maze.
There will be over 50 stages throughout 5 worlds of varying themes along with a boss battle at the end of each. I just recently got the a save feature working, which is a highly requested feature for BLOK DROP U. I would like to have a working scoring system based on time where you can upload to a leader-board, but haven't tackled getting that to work just yet. This will be a single player experience that will allow you to use 4 different control options. Wii U Gamepad, Wii U PRO Controller, Wii Remote + Classic Controller PRO, & Wii Remote + Nunchuck.
I had contracted a professional artist and also someone to create an original score of music and sound effects. So basically this is a HUGE project for me.
I am aiming for a June release for both North America and Europe, which is going to be a challenge. Price is TBD.
Below you will find a few screenshots of World 1(minus the boss). Let me know what you think!
[email protected] | RCMADIAX.com | [email protected]

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Very cool concept I see going on here, Mike. I take it the difficulty will ramp quite nicely as I look at those screenshots and think, "That doesn't look all that challenging." :p
But seriously, I take it there will some variety in the obstacles you come across and not just simply be saws and lasers? I do like the art style going on here, and can already see a lot of us on TNE getting rather competitive, especially if there are leaderboards to compare with each other. :)
And just a couple extra questions: You say the mouse has to collect the cheese in order for the lock to open. Will there be more cheese than what it required to unlock the door, and if so, do you get a better score as a result? And will there be a timer or a counter for each level, since you say you want to include leaderboards?
I look forward to hearing more of this project. :)>-

Each world will have its own obstacles. The tricky part is you must collect all the cheese pieces and reach the goal without taking any damage. If you get hit, it's back to the beginning of the stage.

Each world will progressively get larger and larger. I suspect the largest stages will take upwards of an hour to complete in one sitting.

The number of cheese pieces in each level will be equal to what is required. I plan to include a time counter so that will submit to a leaderboard.

-Mike

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Each world will have its own obstacles. The tricky part is you must collect all the cheese pieces and reach the goal without taking any damage. If you get hit, it's back to the beginning of the stage.

Each world will progressively get larger and larger. I suspect the largest stages will take upwards of an hour to complete in one sitting.

The number of cheese pieces in each level will be equal to what is required. I plan to include a time counter so that will submit to a leaderboard.

-Mike

Sounds great so far!

df2506

Thanks! Good to be here. Enjoy following the site on twitter & finally decided to join the forum. Glad I did.

Oh! Found the Super Robo Mouse Nintendo Enthusiast interview rcmadiax was talking about! Here it is:

Looks very interesting.

Last edited: