{~{~Super Smash Brothers 3DS/Wii U: Friday (Or any day) Night Fights~}~}

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
If we had a lot more people I wouldn't have made the item tourney just one on ones but alas that is not the case. Just worry about facing Odo Matt whilst using the rules I've explained.
We could have had 2 tournaments of 4 and 1 person with a bye till the next round.

But anyhow I'll think about my fight and see what happens.

I'll probably be good to play roughly about 4pm onwards TLLM our time, I'll be on the chat and here.

Just copying this over to the new page:
Okay guys here we go!

For Fun Tournament:
http://challonge.com/TNEForFunSmash3DSTournament
Due to the odd number of people it's slightly weird but no problem. First set of matches are:

@FriedShoes vs @Ksquall1 (Winner faces @CyanPrime )
@PheonxMetal60 vs @jorgejjvr
@Odo vs @mattavelle1
@Mr-Chris vs @thelittlelaughingman

You must message your opponent and organize a time to fight! For this tournament remember to leave all items on and pick any stage! Best of 3 matches advances. Keep it at 3 stock as well, items will make matches fly by lol.

For Glory Tournament:
http://challonge.com/TNEForGlorySmash3DSTournament

Odd number again but ho hum. First set of matches for this one are:
@PheonxMetal60 vs @jorgejjvr (Winner faces @Ksquall1 )
@thelittlelaughingman vs @CyanPrime
@Mr-Chris vs @FriedShoes

Let's see here, let's have best of 3 matches, 2 stock, no items and pick from these stages: Battlefield, Final Destination and all Omega forms of stages, Yoshi's Island, Prism Tower, Arena Ferox and Tomodachi Life. I'll allow custom moves as well, but definitely not equipment!

Message your opponents! There's not really a time to do this within by, but within a week would be nice! If I forgot something I'll say later!

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
After you've played the Wii U version and seen the difference you probably won't be pissed off for long.
No, I don't even have the 3DS version, it's not that it's "the same game" that's pissing me off. I'm completely down with how great the gameplay of Smash Bros U is going to be. It's the lack of in-game voice chat that makes me doubt what should be a guaranteed purchase. But I've talked about that before, so I'm not going to get into it again.

No, I don't even have the 3DS version, it's not that it's "the same game" that's pissing me off. I'm completely down with how great the gameplay of Smash Bros U is going to be. It's the lack of in-game voice chat that makes me doubt what should be a guaranteed purchase. But I've talked about that before, so I'm not going to get into it again.

Well, me and Fried just did our Round 1 match in the Glory tourney, and I can report I won 2 games to his 1. He one the first one due to me failing (DKs fully charged neutral leaves you in a fall state lol) as well as Luma trolling. I won the second match via el1t3 $k1llz and the 3rd match was the tougher match since Fried no-percentaged me by I managed to get back into it, again, via elite skillz.

I'll update brackets after all round 1 matches are done.

....aaaaaand me and TLLM just did our round 1 match in the For Fun tourney. He nearly got me with items, Samurai Goroh was summoned twice by TLLM, but I prevailed with 2 games to his 1. He missed me with Lucina's final smash so if he connected I'd probably be out of this tourney right now. Anyway, good games my English brother!

Again, I'll update the bracket after all round 1 matches are done (if I can figure out how).

@Ksquall1 and I had our For Fun matches last night.
2-0 in my favor.
The first match was pretty funny. We had tied up and we were both at high percentages and a hammer spawned on the ledge of the stage (The Pokemon X one). K got it and hit me with it at the same time the staircase slammed onto the edge, launching him. I guess he was playing a lighter character, because we both flew towards the edge but he got KO'd before I did. Based Heavyweight Rosalina.

Ksquall1

The Revolutionary
@Ksquall1 and I had our For Fun matches last night.
2-0 in my favor.
The first match was pretty funny. We had tied up and we were both at high percentages and a hammer spawned on the ledge of the stage (The Pokemon X one). K got it and hit me with it at the same time the staircase slammed onto the edge, launching him. I guess he was playing a lighter character, because we both flew towards the edge but he got KO'd before I did. Based Heavyweight Rosalina.
LOL. Those were some good matches. You got me good though.

@PheonxMetal60 and @jorgejjvr you still need to do your matches, I didn't realise till now you two are both opponents in both tournaments lol. If this doesn't get a move on imma have to disqualify people or something.
If @CyanPrime doesn't wanna play anymore then TLLM will win their For Glory match by forfeit.

Odo

OMG, the tourney is on!

I'm bloody nervous.

I also almost broke my slide pad last night. This slide pad thing is getting serious for me. I must play Smash less violently. :D

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Did you guys ever finish the tournament?

----

After playing Smash Bros U for a couple of hours I started to feel really disappointed. It's the same shit again, just more polished. The single player classic mode is pretty meh. And I just couldn't feel excited about the 9001 trophies or the minigames, or the wacky items or any of that stuff. I felt exactly the same as I felt with Mario Kart 8.

But then I forced myself to play more rounds with Samus, got gud at beating those lvl 9 CPU 1v1 (don't judge me, it'd been ages since I last played Brawl or Melee), and then got HOOKED. And I had to force myself to quit right now cause it's past 6 freaking AM. I really have to approach this game like I would Street Fighter or King of Fighters to have fun, but once I do it's really damn good. I'll have to go online soon to see how that's like. From what I hear people on the 3DS weren't very good in For Glory, so I'm hoping that's the case in the Wii U version as well so I don't get butt blasted so hard.

Fight Level 7 cpu not level 9. They have human reaction times at least.

fighitng 9's messes you up.

Anyway. Smash Wii U is gonna be co-op for me :D

Gott event matches and special orders to dig through

Aki

Just came home from Best Buy with my copy of Smash and the GameCube controller adapter. Only disappointing thing is that the GameCube controller adapter uses two USB ports which creates sort of an issue for me since my external HDD uses two and I'm using another one for the LAN adapter. Guess I either have to switch to my external that has its own power source or unplug my current external whenever I want to use the adapter.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Just came home from Best Buy with my copy of Smash and the GameCube controller adapter. Only disappointing thing is that the GameCube controller adapter uses two USB ports which creates sort of an issue for me since my external HDD uses two and I'm using another one for the LAN adapter. Guess I either have to switch to my external that has its own power source or unplug my current external whenever I want to use the adapter.
Crap! Seriously?

@sjmartin79 @FriedShoes how's mamy USB ports do your external hardrives take up?

Cause I also use the LAN adaptor and will get the GC adaptor.

Aki

Crap! Seriously?

@sjmartin79 @FriedShoes how's mamy USB ports do your external hardrives take up?

Cause I also use the LAN adaptor and will get the GC adaptor.
If you get one that has its own power brick then you only need to use one USB port. I personally don't like those because they are usually a lot bigger and for some reason the Wii U USB ports don't give off enough power so if you want to use one that doesn't have its own power brick, you need to use two ports.

oh, yeah, mine takes up 2 as well. The price you pay for not having this big block sitting next to your Wii U.
I dont suppose you could use a USB splitter or hub of some kind, could you? I could test that out later, buy one when I head to best buy.

Aki

oh, yeah, mine takes up 2 as well. The price you pay for not having this big block sitting next to your Wii U.
I dont suppose you could use a USB splitter or hub of some kind, could you? I could test that out later, buy one when I head to best buy.
If you do buy one, let me know if it works. Also, do you know how to unlock Mewtwo? I connected my 3DS to the Wii U and played a match and I don't see him nor did it say new challenger approaching.

If you do buy one, let me know if it works. Also, do you know how to unlock Mewtwo? I connected my 3DS to the Wii U and played a match and I don't see him nor did it say new challenger approaching.
he dlc, he's coming in May 2015 I believe. I think all you have to do to get him for free is have both games registered on Club Nintendo.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
he dlc, he's coming in May 2015 I believe. I think all you have to do to get him for free is have both games registered on Club Nintendo.
BULLSHIT!!!

I own 2 3DS Smash but I never register anything thru that club crap. So many steps for something that should be simple.

I just registered in between that post and this. Less than five minutes, and thats with me giving actual answers. You could go in and checkmark one thing in each section and write "yeah" for the text stuff and be done in probably a half-minute. Its only a page.

Aki

I think I'm just going to not use the adapter and play with the pro controller. Just played a few matches with it and it feels good. I'd rather do that than have two separate save files for smash.

BULLSHIT!!!

I own 2 3DS Smash but I never register anything thru that club crap. So many steps for something that should be simple.
Man, you're missing out on a bunch of awesome poster sets from Club Nintendo. I do agree with you about registering. It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to do those surveys every time.