**Terms of Service for Nintendo Enthusiast Forums and Chat**

Perhaps we shouldn't make rules, but simply frown upon certain things with the goal of ultimately preventing such events. That way, everyone wins? (Nobody gets their freedom stepped on and moderators can better know when to act if something is simply implied)

I also agree with juegos. It's how you go about it that counts.
I believe we've always had a rule that simply suggests for people to not be dicks to each other. If you can call someone out and not be a dick about it, have all the cookies you want.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
You know there are sites like that and its really shitty moderation.

Half the board doesnt hate you.
Its behavior man

Yeah, I know. I even said I didn't feel like that in the part of the quote MB conveniently edited out: http://nintendoenthusiast.com/forums/discussion/comment/50459#Comment_50459
you know as well as everyone else here that "half the board" doesn't hate you. in fact, i don't think there's a single person here that "hates" you. but you sure as hell act like they do. fishing for sympathy isn't a good look, and that's why you got called an attention whore. just talk about games dude. or talk about whatever. but complaining that you aren't getting enough love isn't going to get you anything but weird looks.

We all get our jimmies rustled every now and then. If people could understand that the preconceived 'enemy' ultimately means well, I think situations would solve themselves more often than they already do.

Cyan

you know as well as everyone else here that "half the board" doesn't hate you. in fact, i don't think there's a single person here that "hates" you. but you sure as hell act like they do. fishing for sympathy isn't a good look, and that's why you got called an attention whore. just talk about games dude. or talk about whatever. but complaining that you aren't getting enough love isn't going to get you anything but weird looks.

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/forums/discussion/comment/50459#Comment_50459

(note that last part is a exaderation, and I don't feel like that.)

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
All I can say about Cyan is that I've felt the way he does about this place before.... And I got tons of guff from just about everyone for it too.... It kind of sucked.... :|

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
All I can say about Cyan is that I've felt the way he does about this place before.... And I got tons of guff from just about everyone for it too.... It kind of sucked.... :|
LSB you are universally loved, asshole :p

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I think we all feel that way about each other to some degree.... I know I do.... It's why I can't leave this place even when I try.... I suppose the people here, whether I get along with them or not on occasion, mean a lot to me....
It's like family.... I argue with my family and friends more than anyone else.... But it's only because they matter to me.... And in the end that's all that really matters....

Menashe

1. I'm loving this whole conversation. Process is more important to me than content, in most cases. So, it matters less what the final conclusion is (aka the content) or if there even is a final conclusion, because what's more important is the actual process of discussing these things. Real relationships and especially the foundations for those relationships are created through bringing 'sensitive' topics to the table and communicating about them rather than avoiding the elephants in the room. So kudos to everyone who's been a part of these discussions. It's the community's discussion that matters ultimately.
2. I'm loving MB's brutal honesty. It's very much appreciated and I think it keeps a lot of people in check.
3. I also think Juegos is right in that it should be taken case by case. Basically, brutal honesty should always be allowed on the boards. Harassment should not be allowed. So, if someone's calling someone else out in derogatory terms, it's no different than in real life where two people can get in a fight or even a bunch of people can all vocally call someone out for acting in a way that everyone hates. And he can choose to ignore the 'peer pressure' or act in a way conducive to being accepted by the group. But if someone keeps on hounding someone over and over, or follows them around the boards and harassing them, it should be up for judgement by the mods about how to deal with it.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
The chat was awesome during live stream events. It would have been cool to be there during this past VGX, crying, whining, and cursing together all the way.

Menashe

Chat was taken off the main pages of the site because Google disqualifies you from advertising if you have a chat on the same page as their ads. I meant to set it up on a separate page without ads but completely forgot. I can do it now though.

Menashe

Yo, I like your avatar. Although you won't find too many normal discussions in this thread. Better off checking out the Community Thread in the Wii U forum.

Tucker

“Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”
Chat was taken off the main pages of the site because Google disqualifies you from advertising if you have a chat on the same page as their ads. I meant to set it up on a separate page without ads but completely forgot. I can do it now though.
Wait, where is it? I did not know this was even a thing.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
http://chatnintendo.chatango.com/Link is a little hard to see on the front page, but it's right below the header.

Tucker

http://chatnintendo.chatango.com/Link is a little hard to see on the front page, but it's right below the header.
It's not working for me at all. It's just blank.

Tucker

Okay, I figured out how to make it work, but there should be a link from the forums. I had to come back to this thread to try again.

Tucker

I just used Chatango to set up a chat for The GCB, and I discovered something by accident: if you add /?js to the end of the room url, you get a much faster javascript version.

http://chatnintendo.chatango.com/?js

I'm new here and just wanted to know if my signature is acceptable? Also how do you start new threads?
Edit: How do I place an image in my signature? :">

Menashe

Hi Rukia! Welcome aboard!
It could be that photobucket images won't work in the signature because they require the image to go through their system. Try uploading via imgur.com and pasting the direct URL into your signature. The forum itself should turn it into an image.
And yes, your signature is acceptable

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Bump, just because this fell so far down the forum.

Also...damn, there was a time we had no chat on the front page? I don't even remember those dark times.