TGS or Space World...?

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I have something to share with you....

A snipit article written by Matt Casamassina himself about Nintendo, the Gamecube launch line-up, and the hype leading into the 2001 Space World show announcement....

Now the last Space World, which was redubbed Nintendo World, unveiled teh 3DS and launch details....

Back in 2011....

So even though there hasn't been a Space World show since 2011, there is a good chance wit Nintendo skipping E3 with the NX that they will either throw a Space World show again to unvail it, or end up at....

Tokyo Game Show....

http://expo.nikkeibp.co.jp/tgs/2016/english/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Tokyo_Game_Show

Nintendo has not had a huge presence at the TGS in many years....

So it's kind of up in the air in terms of which Nintendo will choose to use to unvail NX to the world....

My guess is going to Space World (Nintendo World)

Just going by Nintendo's history with unvailing new console and just how much is at stake with the NX reveal....

I'm going with Nintendo once again throwing their own Space World show to unvail NX....

TGS makes no sense at all imo....

Not to mention the rumors that started the TGS NX reveal rumor are exactly that, and have no factual base to stand on....

http://www.videogamer.com/news/nintendo_nx_and_playstation_4_5_neo_due_for_tgs_reveal_report.html

So I'm going with history on this one....

NX will be revealed at Nintendo's own Space World event, which I suspect will be explained in the coming months....

So....

Will they reveal the NX at TGS 2016...?

Will Nintendo throw their own Space/Nintendo World show to reveal NX...?

What say you....?

Last edited:

SkywardCrowbar

Twintelle's loyal Husbando
As you've said before, NX being revealed at Space World would be so freaking cool as a throw back, and potentially a really smart brand showcase move.

Nintendo is skipping E3 I think because they want NX to have the world's full attention, so I 90% buy that they'll show it off to the world at either TGS or another event where it would be far and away the most important gaming news.

I say 90% because I really do think Nintendo is going to want to show this baby off with a stage event. I do think there's a chance that they show it off just with a video (i.e. Direct) since Nintendo is trying some really different sorts of things right now. Personally, I think the stage show is the best route.

FriedShoes

MLG
TGS is a no-go, that I'm certain of, doesnt make much sense.
I'm not confident they will do a Space World type event either, I think its a 50/50 shot between that and multiple streaming Direct style presentations. A stage event would be difficult to really sell the western media because if one occurs, I dont think it would take place in the shared San Francisco area that all these sites occupy, it'd be in Japan.

mattavelle1

ARMS is like breathing.......but more important
I'm quasi with Fried on this one aswell. I'm goin with NX reveal, on Nintendos own terms which will be a digital event much like the directs. I don't believe you see it revealed at a live event.

Tho space world would be cool to see return. I just don't personally see that happening.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I think the Nintendo Direct only approach is completely flawed....

Just look at how much fail it was when it came to the Wii U....

If Nintendo is going to continue down that path, I don't expect the NX to do much better than the Wii U in terms of advertising itself....

They really need to have a legit reveal imo....

And after that, they need to go back to E3 next year to show NX off even more....

If Nintendo is truly done with this kind of advertising of product....

Then they learned nothing from the lack of advertising that was the Wii U campaine....

And that's not good imo for Nintendo or the NX....

But yeah....

Most people are thinking so far that we we literally only get a Direct....

That would be a shame....

But it does seem the most likly answer considering they are snubbing E3 yet again this year....

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I don't think they'll do the equivalent of a "Direct" for something like this. I'm expecting a conference of some sort, whether it's in TGS, CES, or Nintendo World or whatever. It isn't just what Sony and Microsoft do, it's what Apple, Samsung, and Qualcomm do. It will probably have a Treehouse Live Event attached on the same date, though.

Edit: And I expect it to be every bit as crazy as this:

mattavelle1

ARMS is like breathing.......but more important
I don't think they'll do the equivalent of a "Direct" for something like this. I'm expecting a conference of some sort, whether it's in TGS, CES, or Nintendo World or whatever. It isn't just what Sony and Microsoft do, it's what Apple, Samsung, and Qualcomm do. It will probably have a Treehouse Live Event attached on the same date, though.

Edit: And I expect it to be every bit as crazy as this:
Not gonna lie them are some good points.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
I think the Nintendo Direct only approach is completely flawed....

Just look at how much fail it was when it came to the Wii U....

If Nintendo is going to continue down that path, I don't expect the NX to do much better than the Wii U in terms of advertising itself....

They really need to have a legit reveal imo....

And after that, they need to go back to E3 next year to show NX off even more....

If Nintendo is truly done with this kind of advertising of product....

Then they learned nothing from the lack of advertising that was the Wii U campaine....

And that's not good imo for Nintendo or the NX....

But yeah....

Most people are thinking so far that we we literally only get a Direct....

That would be a shame....

But it does seem the most likly answer considering they are snubbing E3 yet again this year....
I doubt it'll be a Direct only approach but I don't see how the Directs were failures. It's not like being at E3 helped out Nintendo's other systems and news gets around all the same, regardless of the format. That being said, Directs are fine for games and for newer models of older systems but there needs to be more for a brand new system, especially when you're last one was your worst selling one