The 2016 Fluffy Fox Thread

the_randomizer

Hey there! It's a brand new year and yes, while I did make a thread almost a year ago (I think) I wanted to get a fresh start, a new thread dedicated to exotic animals that I work with at a local sanctuary, notable the elusive vulpes vulpes (red fox). I've been doing this for a little more than three years, and every time I go I learn more and more about these amazing puffballs. Not only can foxes be tamed, but they can also be very very affectionate to the humans they've grown up with and been socialized to be around :D One in particular is Skitter, she was rescued, is about seven, and just an absolute angel of a vixen, she'll come up to ya, lick your hand, nuzzles you and wag her tail ^^

Now, the animals, these foxes are in such a state where they cannot be returned to the wild, and where they live, they have a lot of space, lots of love from the humans and go crazy happy when people visit them, they're just so freaking cute! :D

@akabenjy @thekiller7 @isturbo1984

I want to show to people that foxes are not only downright beautiful, but when tamed and socialized, some of the sweetest animals I know.

They're bloody adorable alright, I've never met anything like a fox, unlike any animal I've been around. They love to mouth and nom things, but it doesn't hurt :D
Have you seen a manatee before? They're my favourite animals. I think mammals have an affinity with other mammals perhaps due to some throwback from our common ancestors. But the foxes are super cute and so sweet.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Have you seen a manatee before? They're my favourite animals. I think mammals have an affinity with other mammals perhaps due to some throwback from our common ancestors. But the foxes are super cute and so sweet.
The cow of the sea.

I live in Ky and we have quite a few fox dens. You see then Come out from time to time but there much to wild to be triffled with. But nobody messes with them and there community's seems to be thriving around these parts.

the_randomizer

The cow of the sea.

I live in Ky and we have quite a few fox dens. You see then Come out from time to time but there much to wild to be triffled with. But nobody messes with them and there community's seems to be thriving around these parts.
Wild foxes avoid humans and are quite wary of them, heh, but the tame ones I've been working with for some time (since 2012), and how they behave, their ethology, is quite unique. But man do they make adorable squeaking sounds when they're happy :p

And then we have another rescue fox I've know for a couple of years, a red fox, red marble morph (red foxes can be bred to produce different colors, or morphs), she too is a sweetheart ^^

the_randomizer

Beautiful animals.... I have 4 dogs at home so.... This thread is beyond adorable....:msilly:
Canids are among, no, they are without a doubt my favorite species of animals ever. I've done some research and the reason why so many people melt at cute animals (as well as when they play with them) are for a myriad of reasons. One, petting and/or cuddling animals releases oxytocin, a hormone associated with bonding/loving, the same one that triggers when people embrace. Second, it triggers endorphins, the body's natural painkillers, and then reduces cortisol, the chemicals triggered when one is stressed and anxious. And lastly, reduction in blood pressure, this is why animals are so amazing, and why I love them to pieces ^^ :p