The Cyan Network -- CyanPrime's Media

Cyan

HOLY SHIT! *watches in silence*

EDIT.... Good job Cyan.... Thumbs up....
Thanks, LSB. It really does mean a lot to me that you try to encourage content creation on the forums so much. I wish others would act on your example though.

I'm kinda pissed off that this video got the cold shoulder after working on it for about 2:30 hours.

mattavelle1

Crunk Ain’t Dead!!!
Thanks, LSB. It really does mean a lot to me that you try to encourage content creation on the forums so much. I wish others would act on your example though.

I'm kinda pissed off that this video got the cold shoulder after working on it for about 2:30 hours.
Are you doing it for the love, or the likes? I would assume that people who make media do it for the enjoyment of it. Like every hobby it will probably hit with a very few and no one else.

Cyan

Are you doing it for the love, or the likes? I would assume that people who make media do it for the enjoyment of it. Like every hobby it will probably hit with a very few and no one else.
Don't get me wrong, I am doing it because I like to; However, when I poor two and a half hours of work into a 4 minute video and get no feedback on it I question if I'm even good at making videos, or if TNE even wants this kind of content.

I'm making these videos not just because I love making them, but because I love TNE. When I release content on TNE it's a gift to you guys. It's my way of saying I appreciate what you've all made this place into. So, when my gifts go unnoticed, like most of them do on here, I start getting a little upset about it. How would you feel if you gave someone you thought was awesome a gift and they just tossed it to the side? Now think that this is a gift to a community, so yeah. It kinda hurts to see my stuff go unnoticed.

mattavelle1

Crunk Ain’t Dead!!!
Don't get me wrong, I am doing it because I like to; However, when I poor two and a half hours of work into a 4 minute video and get no feedback on it I question if I'm even good at making videos, or if TNE even wants this kind of content.

I'm making these videos not just because I love making them, but because I love TNE. When I release content on TNE it's a gift to you guys. It's my way of saying I appreciate what you've all made this place into. So, when my gifts go unnoticed, like most of them do on here, I start getting a little upset about it. How would you feel if you gave someone you thought was awesome a gift and they just tossed it to the side? Now think that this is a gift to a community, so yeah. It kinda hurts to see my stuff go unnoticed.
Yeah I feel that, but you act like your the only one that has ever happened too. If I had scar for everytime someone thru something aside I had done then I would look like Micky Rorke on Sin City.

What I have found is I have to be proud of and pleased with what I have made myself because more than likely nobody else is gonna care.

Cyan you have great talent man, you have to realise we're but a small site so the audience for your stuff isn't grand. I'm sure people check out your stuff even if they don't talk about it too. Keep it up man, you're superb.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Personally, I only check threads like these once in a blue moon, because I think they're a huge time commitment (sometimes they aren't, but my assumption before checking them out is that they are). Just look at @Mr-Chris's music thread. It should be my favorite thread in this whole site, but I haven't allowed myself to check it out because I know I could spend dozens of hours and still not be caught up with everything posted there. I'm averse to big time commitments like that, but again that's just me.

So when I finally do get to go through the threads, I may be too late to be part of the conversation.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Yeah, you can't let that stuff get to you, Cyan. I plan on putting a lot of my time into making videos as well (received my external microphone last night), but even if I don't have many views or likes, or what have you, at least I feel I accomplished something in getting it done, and being happy with the end result.

Now, given our inseparatable nature here on TNE, having our family of people letting each other know about our videos, and having the lawlz is a good booster, no doubt.
@LightsaberBlues and I had a talk about this very thing a couple weeks ago. Basically, do it because you want to, and it makes you happy, not for the fame or the views. It's the same thing when people become content creators on YT, don't do it for the money, do it because you want to, and it makes you happy.

Now, that all being said, it would be cool if by chance our media allows TNE to become bigger, and more noticed. I would love that. Is it going to happen? Maybe, maybe not.

I do photography as a hobby, and I can't tell you how many hours I've spent shooting, and then editing photos afterwards. I own multiple cameras, and a slew of different glass. We're talking thousands of dollars in equipment. But I don't get paid for this. I do it as a hobby, and a hobby only. It's an expensive hobby, but one I enjoy doing. For my Isle of Man TT shoot, I shot over 4000 photos, got rid of 90% of them, and kept the rest, and tweaked those. Took me over a week to get that all done. And when the time finally came to uploading them, I did not receive many views or likes and whatnot. And the truth is I did not care, because I knew I accomplished something that made me happy.

Last year, I bought and built my own Gaming Rig for PC gaming, and video editing, with possibly photos in the future (currently use my laptop for that). I did not have to do this. I did not have to spend the hundreds of dollars of my hard earned money to do this. But I did so anyway. Why? Because it's something I want to do, if only just because I get a peace of mind from it.

I want you to keep doing this, Cyan because you create good videos. I like with this MK8 video how you have the perspective of two people rather than the usual two. I love that, and we've talked about that in the past for TNE TV. It would be cool if we have more videos like this, and perhaps even feature them on the front page one of these days.

As far as a lot of your videos go, well, I did not watch your recent Bayo videos because I want to go into those games without seeing much of the gameplay as I've never played them. And if one video gets a lot of views, and another doesn't, you can't let that get to you. You can't let this be a numbers game, where the views are what matters.

One last thing is because we have quite a few people now putting up media on the forums, there's going to be a point where there's more content than people have time for. Hell, just the nature of our forums is currently like that. I've made threads in the past (hell, long posts I've made too) that don't get many views or posts (I encountered that a lot on IGN back in the day), but that doesn't bother me. There are lots of threads which we may visit from time to time, but then other threads come into play, and we forget the others.

Ex-Actarus

I have a LOT of respect for passionate people and I feel that we have many passionate people here at TNE. And @CyanPrime , you're definitely one of them.

It doesn't matter you don't get many views or comments. This could change at some point and you start to get many views.

I did a video 5 years ago on my youtube channel on the top 10 Super Robots. I'm a HUGE fan of those anime ! My avatar is the main character of the anime Grendizer. I had very few views initially, but then Gundam fanboys started to argue with me on the video and now I have more than 40 000 views ( and lots of hate... ) !

I did a DBZ video as well on the same period and I just have 600 views in 5 years ! So you NEVER know. Keep the great work and passion, we support you :)

Last edited:

Odo

I did a video 5 years ago on my youtube channel on the top 10 Super Robots. I'm a HUGE fan of those anime ! My avatar is the main character of the anime Grendizer. I had very few views initially, but then Gundam fanboys started to argue with me on the video and now I have more than 40 000 views ( and lots of hate... ) !
That's inspiring!