The "Dream" Journal thread

Koenig

The Architect
This is more or less a running tradition my friends and I have been doing for a while now, so i decided why not make it a tradition here to?

This thread is for keeping a record and sharing the bizarre experiences otherwise known as your "dreams".
I think it safe to assume that most of us have trouble remembering our dreams, if we even have them at all. However there are some dreams that stick out for some reason, either from a creative aspect, a bizarre fascination, a nightmare from the depths of our subconscious, or simply an absurdity so large that even your dream rejects it. Regardless of why you remembered, why not write it down while it is fresh in your mind? aside from being a fun diversion it is also a good way to recall what exactly you were dreaming about.

Genereal guidelines:
-Keep it clean!
(I know some dreams are bit a more memorable than others for...various reasons, but if at all possible, keep it classy)

-Discuss to your hearts content
(If something sticks out about someone elses dream, why not talk about it? It would at the very least be good for a laugh)

-Share!
(If you had a an interesting dream, share it! you don't have to post every dream you have, but anything is welcom.

mattavelle1

ARMS is like breathing.......but more important
So I had a dream last night that @LightsaberBlues was renting a house from my dad. When he was there for a bit I took him thru the woods and how I grew up and we had a blast.

Then he informed me that there was a problem and he wouldn't pay me dad rent. The problem LSB had was his driveway was gravel, not only that it was like mounds of gravel not smoothed out.

LSB told me I needed to get on my bobcat and smooth it out or no rent. So the next part of my dream I'm smoothing it out while in my bobcat and LSB is watching me. When we looked at each other we would break out into smiling and a head banging session.

Once I got done he was pleased and him, my dad and I all got high together and celebrated him living close.

Koenig

The Architect
This is a dream I recorded a few months back. Boy is it a mess.

Part 1: Somehow I came into possession of an advanced javelin missile and launcher that had apparently been scrapped for unknown reasons. It was either given to me by my brother or I found it across the street in a ditch near my old house, I don't remember which. (both the missile and launch were black) I decided to keep the missile instead of throwing it away because i like technology, and it might make some nice fireworks on the 4th of July. There were other parts to this I know, however I can not remember them.

part 2: My close friends and family were doing something in a city; it involved shopping and meeting up with someone at a hotel. I don't remember much else other than we were driving afterwards.

part3: traveling. Don't remember much about this

part 4: We went a small town/camp up on a mesa that a lot of my distant family lived (This is surely based on a camp my mother used to take me to) We were getting ready for festivities and a potluck when we were attacked/occupied by an unknown but dickish group of people. We decided to fight back/disabled these new enemies. Why we were attacked or were attack is besides me, but both sides did have cyber armor and laser guns so I enough said.

part 5: a lengthy game of cat and mouse, I think this was heavily influenced by how I play CoD. We eventually won the camp back but had to pursue/was pursued by the enemy.

part 6: some kind of battle I can't remember clearly

part 7: It was night time. My allies were no longer my family but some other group that was substituted for them. We were at some kind of base, either one of ours or the enemies. When our main force was engaged by a massive ant-like mechanized weapon. It had pinned the group down inside one of the bases hangars but was stuck in-between the hangar they were hiding in and another hanger facing directly opposite of the one they were trapped in. Apparently that had glitched its AI. None of their weapons were having any effect on the "ant" (Lasers, grenades, missiles, and great swords(wtf?)) I entered the back side of the opposite hanger and scaned the robot "ant" (Metroid Prime style) However I was unable to read the scan data as the ant noticed the scan and turned around to attack me. I hid behind one of the hangar support beams as the ant began to attack with a massive incendiary laser, however it only attacked the middle of the hangar and repeated the same motion again and again as if it was an attack pattern (Probably based on the plesioth's vertical laser beam from Monster Hunter) The hanger floor was scorched black and the smell of ash and burning metal was in the air.

At this point I leaned around the beam to examine the robotic "ant": It was roughly three stories tall and twice as long. Its main body was made of a light green metal while its underside was a bright metallic silver. Its head had several mecahnical glass eyes positioned on its forehead, each a dark purple though still somewhat transparent (But they were not on the side of its head like a regular ant) the eyes number 9 in total, 8 of them were the same size while the ninth was 2.5x larger and was position between the rest. This eye is where the laser was coming from. It also had two massive golden pinsers, however these were used to focus and amplify the lasers power.

I thought to myself that it was major design flaw that the only the main eye could fire a laser and by extent only in one kind of attack pattern, It would be much more efficient to allow each eye to fire a laser and track rotate in socket to aim at several targets at once; at which point my brain was a dick and decided to "upgrade" the robotic "ant" in real time with these features and more. The ant's eyes began looking in all directions and then charge up for a massive laser volley. The shots fired were much stronger than before and went in all directions; however the ants new abilities let the lasers bend and track targets; however the ant was too pissed off to bother with aiming. The shots completely destroyed both hangers but cause the support frame to fall on the ant, these gave me and my allies time to escape out the back and run away. A number of the laser shots also converged on a spot in a snowy mountain range in the distance however.

part 8: Retreating. I don't remember much about this.

part 9: Our forces regrouped in a valley in the snowy mountains mentioned before. We met up in a large clearing (Roughly 2-3 football fields in size) that was caused by the laser blasts. Even though snow had fallen, large crater rims were still visible and present in the clearing (numbering around 20, each crater being 40-120 ft in diameter) The craters had been caused by the ant's laser blasts and were made of solid glass from the heat generated. We made our way to the end of the field when I noticed two enemy guards in front of us; one on a hill and another by a gate. The one on the hill was another machine, but only a humanoid turret, the other was a guard lazily sleeping in a chair by a metal fence gate. We were only 15-40 ft from the guards when I noticed them. I called out to our group and they were neutralized, the machine was destroyed while the guard was knocked out. I then thought to myself: 1 why is this gate out here in the middle of nowehere? 2 why are these guards fucking blind?

Part 10: we then learned that the ant was on its way to one of our "bases" (Which also happened to be a castle themed Mexican restaurant for some reason) we decided to split up and rondevous at our base to protect it. I then went back to my house and got the javelin I had been saving.

Our "base" was at the bottom of a hill, the grass on the hill was yellow from the winter weather. The ant had already arived at the based and was trying to destroy it before we arrived. I arrived a little bit later than everyone else, however we had met on a mesa on the hill above the restaurant and the ant had not noticed us because it was to focused on the base. I asked our group to hold off the counter attack until I could try something, I then used my javelin to launch a precision strike. Becuase the ant was preocupied I was able to aim for its middle eye, lock on, launch the missile, let it reach space and then rocket downwards towards its target. It hit with enough force to destroy eyes on its head and open a hole in its armor. Our forces and a number of angry customers then used that opening to destroy the ant.

part 11: We had the potluck finally, the food sucked though so I ate ramen instead. more stuff I cant remember.

part 12: I then left to nearby forest town where on of my old teachers lived, however before I reached the town I came across a restroom (ripped strait from the dorms I currently live in) and decided to use it. However it was completely run down and only had a circular "pit" to be used. There were also some noisy people here; either other dorm members or enemy spys, I did not care, I had to pee.

part 13: I then entered the town, and, after being lost for a while, found my teacher and his family. We talked for abit while he showed me his house/ book store. apparently it had been damaged and needed a renovation before he was allowed to use it again, so he was in the process of getting a loan/insurance money to pay for it; however some jerk in charge was pulling technicalities to try and prevent him from getting the money to fix his house/business. However my teacher (A man I actually know, he also looks like Santa now that I think about it) thought of a clever loop hole he could exploit to get the money he needed to fix his house and get rid of the incompetent manager. I know not what happened next, because I woke up.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
This one is TNE related, as it involves our resident Stonemason, @mattavelle1 .

This dream happened a few months ago, so details most certainly have changed, so I will fill those pockets of information with things that make sense in traditional TNE fashion.

I went to go visit Matty in KT, and after the usual exchange of our manly handshakes and a heartwarming hug, Matty made breakfast for me with bacon and eggs, and some pancakes. I was in Matt's kitchen, as his wife was getting ready for work, and that's apparently all I remember, and I have nothing really good to add to this.

Perhaps I could ask all of you guys to add one sentence to my story after I was eating breakfast with Matt, and his wife was in the kitchen? What happened after I was done eating breakfast in Matt's kitchen, and his wife getting ready for work?

This one is TNE related, as it involves our resident Stonemason, @mattavelle1 .

This dream happened a few months ago, so details most certainly have changed, so I will fill those pockets of information with things that make sense in traditional TNE fashion.

I went to go visit Matty in KT, and after the usual exchange of our manly handshakes and a heartwarming hug, Matty made breakfast for me with bacon and eggs, and some pancakes. I was in Matt's kitchen, as his wife was getting ready for work, and that's apparently all I remember, and I have nothing really good to add to this.

Perhaps I could ask all of you guys to add one sentence to my story after I was eating breakfast with Matt, and his wife was in the kitchen? What happened after I was done eating breakfast in Matt's kitchen, and his wife getting ready for work?
Suddenly some random ninjas break into the house looking to kick your collective asses. Suddenly you both break out like this:

And then you two use your martial art skills to beat the ever living crap out of them in an amazing fashion. And then Matt's wife performs a fatality on each ninja.

The end.

(I might share some stories later)

Odo

I rarely have dreams. I don't know why.

I remember about a dream last year where Nintendo decided to go mobile. They'd release a new Zelda game for mobile and the game was horrible, it looked like an old Age of Empires or something.

It was an immense mess on the internet. People are trying suicide, making unlimited rants.. a chaos.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
With the assistance of the Hulk, I was taking care of and raising a group of baby robins in a community college dedicated to Monster Hunter and the study of magic. It was both weird and boring.

So glad to be awake.

praisegrima

Shoulder

Cue the music, everyone *snaps fingers*

This dream I had last night was a doozy because I seem to recall most of it, or at least a lot of the bits from it, so I'll try and explain as much as I can.

So it starts off with I working for the Boston police department working as regular cop making his usual rounds until an opportunity arises from my Captain to work undercover. The thing is this would mean travelling to all parts of the country and potentially even the world. This undercover job is big because it involves a major cocaine kingpin, who never stays in one area (I beieve he started in Boston, and frequently moves around his operation). So I get recruited for this job, and it is my duty to follow along with this guy (whoever he is), and become part of his operation.

I don't recall a lot of what happens for a good portion, but I do remember at one point, I'm in a bar in LA talking with some guy saying how I've been to Boston, Chicago, LA, and then finally going to stop in Okinawa, Japan. So it's obvious during this whole operation I've been through different areas across the country, and will end up in Okinawa.

Early on, during this undercover job, I discover my own brother has been involved with this operation, although I never recall how he got there, or if he was working undercover also. But I know that he changed between when I first knew him to what he became working for this guy. He became almost to the point of psychopathic, and someone with a lack of empathy or emotion. He became a sort of madman working for this guy. It was bad.

But then, as things progress, and I make my way to LA, suddenly things changed, and changed drastically. My brother ended up leaving the operation for some odd reason, I never remember. But since he left, I had to fill in his shoes, and from what I remember, I literally filled his shoes. I became ruthless, psychpathic, and someone who lacked any empathy or remorse. I found this out when I was at this bar (I believe ths same one from earlier), shooting a guy for no reason other than I didn't like him. It got the attention of everyone else in the joint, and no one seemed to mind.

I even recall moments where our group is walking towards some place, and I distinctly remember sort of mimicking the types of expressions my brother would have. It was a very mean and serious look, almost to the point of someone who might snap at a moment's notice. I became my brother.

Fast forward to Okinawa, I'm on my own at some point, or maybe there were other people around, I can't remember, but I found my brother. Turns out, he was trying to take down this guys' operation the whole time, and it has lead him here. I remember explaining to him one point where I'm on a bridge, and there's a guy on a boat, and I get my gun out and start shooting him. I missed, but I shot at him, and he was frantically moving around, dodging the bullets.

I had a huge mental breakdown in front of my brother, telling him I can't do this, and I don't know what I'm even doing. My brother then decides to screw taking down the operation, and decides to get me out of there, so he grabs his motorcycle (with a sidecar), and we try to make a break for it. But Okinawa is apparently like Nazi Germany because everyone is part of a group or faction of somekind, and earlier on I was assigned to a faction that has a serious addiction to Doritos.

Afterwards, as we're all making our getaway, which had a James Bond feel to it, almost Goldeneye-like in terms of escaping. I then remember waking up, and immediately telling myself to remember to write this entire dream down as how I remember it. And I did remember it.

And then I woke up for real. The time on my clock was 4:27am. So I just had a dream within a dream sequence last night.

Ex-Actarus

@Koenig , I'm pretty impressed with your ability to recall so many things in your dreams. Do you write that straight away after you woke up ? I heard it's the best way to remember most things about your dream.

By the way, I hope this thread and this life is not a dream :). Inception\thread.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
So I had a dream last night that @LightsaberBlues was renting a house from my dad. When he was there for a bit I took him thru the woods and how I grew up and we had a blast.

Then he informed me that there was a problem and he wouldn't pay me dad rent. The problem LSB had was his driveway was gravel, not only that it was like mounds of gravel not smoothed out.

LSB told me I needed to get on my bobcat and smooth it out or no rent. So the next part of my dream I'm smoothing it out while in my bobcat and LSB is watching me. When we looked at each other we would break out into smiling and a head banging session.

Once I got done he was pleased and him, my dad and I all got high together and celebrated him living close.
How in the hell did I miss this post....

8f632.gif

I feel like I read it, but in another thread....... Anyway, it's great........

Koenig

The Architect
@Koenig , I'm pretty impressed with your ability to recall so many things in your dreams. Do you write that straight away after you woke up ? I heard it's the best way to remember most things about your dream.

By the way, I hope this thread and this life is not a dream :). Inception\thread.
It is rare that I recall dreams with such clarity, or even remember them at all for that matter. Generally speaking I only remember dreams in such detail if I have taken sleeping medicine the night before and am interrupted between REM cycles.

Koenig

The Architect
I had two dreams that I can remember last night. Neither one of them made much sense.

One involved the Federation from the Metroid series cultivating a non virulent and docile strain of Phazon for peaceful use, however the Federation being the genius's they are tried to re-weaponize and everything went to shit. Though I also saw Samus's beam types in a prime setting, and they could be combined like they were in fusion. Ah good times.

The other dream involved Santa-Clause on a unicycle. I don't think I need to go on at that point as I can already write it off as a complete mess.

Shoulder

I had two dreams that I can remember last night. Neither one of them made much sense.

One involved the Federation from the Metroid series cultivating a non virulent and docile strain of Phazon for peaceful use, however the Federation being the genius's they are tried to re-weaponize and everything went to shit. Though I also saw Samus's beam types in a prime setting, and they could be combined like they were in fusion. Ah good times.

The other dream involved Santa-Clause on a unicycle. I don't think I need to go on at that point as I can already write it off as a complete mess.
So, like this?

Koenig

The Architect
It took me half a day to piece this one back together and even longer to find decent pictures to help describe it, but boy did I love my dream last night (Or more specifically, one of the locations in my dream)

I dreamed I was in the "magicians engineering palace". A massive and complex Cathedral that from an aerial view connected in such a way that it mimicked a magic circle. (Think a Gothic and more complex version of the Pentagon) The entire palace was made out of some kind of pure white ceramic-metal hybrid, while circuits and veins were etched into the walls, ceilings and floors by artisans pulsed. In these engraving pulsed a tranquil ethereal blue energy like blood in veins; each pulse transferring an unfathomable amount of power and information from one location to another-essentialy the entire palace was a giant living super computer. The halls of the building were also massive and open. A single hallway could extend 200 feet into the air, not to mention the central rooms and chambers which were often much larger.

(The halls looked similar to this, but taller!)

(The building looked like this from an overhead view)

The thing that stood out the most to me however was the various "Floors" and walkways that allowed access throughout the Palace, for indeed there were few to begin with and even fewer the further I went into the Palace. Instead wherever the floor or stairs should have been there was instead thin air, however the energy from the walls would bend out and form a series of circular and plantlike wire frames of energy where the floor would be, allowing you to walk above it (even though 95% of the floor itself was still nonexistent) -essentially dynamically rending the path. Where ever you stepped a ring of ruins would appear and vanish beneath you while number of stars and star constellations would immediately form within the "floor" where you stepped and branch out in front of and behind you, indicating the extent of the path. A miniature galaxy at your feet with lines connecting many (but not all) of the stars. A few seconds after you walked away they would quickly be drawn together as if a new center of gravity had be made, shrink to the size of a single rain drop, and then fall to the ceiling as if it were raining in reverse. Likewise, because it was all transparent you could see all "Floors" above and below you as well (At least in the hallways and main lobbies) At one point I was on the 7th floor and looked down see mages and scribes going about their business on the six floors directly below me, while more did the same above.

(wherever you stepped, constellations like these formed at your feet and guided you down the hall)

The other thing that stood out to me however was that every time you stepped on these floors, opened a door, or one of the pulses came through; they would each respectively make a sound similar to that of a bell. However these sounds were neither too loud nor too soft, and each one was always a different pitch-changing constantly as if to play to a melody. With everyone walking around the building and going about there business, it sounded like some one was playing a chorus of bells to a never ending but always changing song; yet despite the number of bells ringing it was tranquil. Every hallways echoed like the inside of a music box.

(Ever changing music similar to this echoed the halls)

There were other interesting things about this place as well, for example many of the major towers and chambers of the building were not affected by the natural laws of the universe, namely gravity. Some of the paths led strait up the walls of the chambers would others spiraled into an abyss below. Many also had holograms, projections, and levitating objects scattered about in an abstract but somehow orderly fashion. Some rooms had contraptions made out of the same energy that made the floor; forming into 3d blue-prints of a machine or person, animating, and then vanishing when the task was done. In some chambers large dynamos and gyroscopes spun away, while in others plants and fountains were suspended and inverted; in yet another countless window-sized lenses were scattered about, each acting like a crystal ball.

(Machines like this were present in most large chambers)

Last but not least, almost every room had an Aurora Borealis lingering above or below, illuminated the way (Even though the place was already brightly lit) Like pixels in a screen, every aurora seemed to be made of tiny runes that would fade in and out. A number of the ruins would grow to large and fall gently from the Aruora before disintegrating into smaller ruins and falling back up into the cloud.

The rest of my dream involved some kind of spell-book and a dark wizard attacking the complex, but by comparison that seems very dull to the wizard complex itself. (And even then, the complex changed drastically to confront the villain, going from a tranquil sanctuary to hostile fortress- In it were created bottomless pits, red veins of energy, literal fire walls, doors made of magic, and meteors made of light) but I digress, I can remember the scenery and setting of this place far more vividly than I can anything else about my dream or what exactly I was doing in it.

Odo

I had a dream tonight.

I met a bloke that enjoys having slugs walking along his body.

He's got 4 slugs, the slugs suck his energy in order to make him relaxed. He also get a bit deaf because of them.

He was quite scary.

Shoulder

I had yet another weird dream last night that appeared to have the story of a huge plot twist from a movie. I'll try and get down as much as I can remember, so here goes.

So I went to go training on a Saturday at the Dojo, but then I had to leave for some odd reason. I ended up going to this guys' house who apparently I know. Turns out this guy had some sort of psychological issue that would almost seem to put you in a X-Files episode. What was the issue? Well, see that's the thing, I don't know what it was. It did however feel supernatural to me, and he was having trouble coming to grips with it, so he's mentally breaking down because of it.

Anyway, I leave his house, and as I walk to the car, it starts pouring with rain, and I mean pouring. I get into my car, and I drive back to the Dojo, but class was already over. I end up at this airport, with this guy, and as it turns out an apocalypse is about to unfold, and it unfolds with a series of people all of the sudden getting their guns out and ready to shoot everyone they see who isn't one of them. I immediately get down, because that's all I can do, and almost in a slow-motion fashion, a silver gun is falling to the ground in front of my eyes. I grab it, and immediately aim my sights down two people who were behind me, and shoot them dead in the head.

In that same slow motion feeling, I aim my sights down a few other people ready to kill others, and drop them with ease. I was a very surreal feeling. Among the people who were about to get shot was this guy, so apparently he has some importance. As I get him up, I look towards a television on one of those front displays in front of a store, and someone or some entity ended up hacking into every TV station on the planet, as well as every website known to existence, and took control of it. The figure on the tube was a sort of old Orson Welles type with slightly bigger eyes, and maybe a hint of a skeleton overlay. The Orson Welles type picture I'm talking about it is this:

The difference in this time was his face was reversed, so it was mirrored to the other side. His beard was much more fuller, and his eyes bulging out more, and his mouth was cut so it was speaking to all of us. I do not recall what it was saying, though.

This is where it gets weird though. We're all walking through a hallway with windows that look into big rooms, and someone tells me you've just spoiled it. It had something to do with that WTF moment in the third season in Game of Thrones I hear about (I do not know the details, and don't want to know as I plan on watching GoT). I overheard someone saying something about a portal, but that was it.

I seriously wish I could remember the rest of it, or even more of the details, because in my dream it made me go WTF. I could not believe this was actually happening, and it was a total mindfuck.

ASuch

The Salt Master
Here we go in to some rabbit holes.

1. In a dojo. Hot as fuck blonde. We about to get it on, dad opens the door.
2. Driving down to a mansion. See a really cute girl there. About to do it on the couch. Try to smack dat ass, but my hand becomes paralyzed, end.
3. Run down this trail in a park near my house. See some old friends along the way. I walk in to a giant futuristic city with Bill Gates and Steve Jobs greeting me. They say that it's too late, and a chaos portal opens and we all die.
4. On a ship. All the power goes out. Captain says we're the last humans on Earth, and every color turns grey. We're all depressed and moping around. We gather in the dining hall, lights turn on. Dancers come out of the walls. Captain says he was joking the entire time. We party the night away.
5. Walk in to a giant mall with a glass roof dome. See a ton of girls in there. I take off my clothes, they all turn in to fat men. I scream and it ends.
6. There's a titan that comes out of anywhere and destroys everything that comes near it. Most of the dream is me trying to run, with me dying and restarting in a new location. One's in a giant technological complex, another in a snowfield by a cabin. I try to jump off a cliff to end it, but I restart again in another location.
7. I go in to a time machine with the distance track team. We arrive in the 40's in a junkyard. We continue walking and see a giant mansion. Hitler's there. He's speaking, and the walls are glass, and we can see the ginger jews inside there. We deliberate on how we can free the Jews, but one dude ends up banging his head on the glass until it shatters and they are free. Another dude gives a speech and we all start cheering.
8. I pick up my copy of Pokemon Emerald from my brother. I start driving down a road, now I can't control it. I apparently hit a little girl. All I hear is the scream of her, and then the screams of everyone else around me. Sound becomes a bit distorted, a woman is yelling at my window "WHAT THE FUCK". I wake up sweating like fucking crazy.

There's some more stuff I could probably find later

Last edited:

ASuch

The Salt Master
Oh man I forgot my favorite one

So I'm standing in some ruins. I realize I'm dreaming. I remembered a post from someone on here that was a video of Superman flying. And so I did the superman pose, putting both fists up in the air, and flying. Then I came back down and fell in to a cave. I walked through it some more and found myself on a cliff. I said fuck it and jumped down about 100 feet in to an underwater complex/kinky sex mansion. Naked chicks everywhere, lesbians, weird tentacle toys, music, everything. It was immense. Had some...fun with two asian girls with enormous tits....phenomenal brain, phenomenal

Ex-Actarus

I had a nightmare that all my save data in Monster Hunter was corrupted and all my progress catching up to the rest of TNE was lost. True horror right there.
I went through such a nightmare... Not with Monster Hunter, but with Phantasy Star Online.

I don't even know how many hours me and my bros spent on that game. But I remember I was level 88 or something. Both my brother were above level 100 if I'm not wrong. Then the GC memory card was corrupted and all our saved games were just gone... Just like that. I think my younger brother cried. We're still talking about it to this day !

So make sure to have multiple saves, just in case :)

Shoulder

I had a dream where I "died" last night.

I don't remember much of the specifics, but I was sitting in a chair nearby to a wall, and it was probaby cyanide or something, but within seconds of ingesting it, I got out of my chair, and fell down. At this point, it's as though my heart stopped beating, and I lost all sense of control and my eyes started closing on their own. It was as though I was being shut down. Very weird feeling I must say in the dream.

Koenig

The Architect
I had a dream where I "died" last night.

I don't remember much of the specifics, but I was sitting in a chair nearby to a wall, and it was probaby cyanide or something, but within seconds of ingesting it, I got out of my chair, and fell down. At this point, it's as though my heart stopped beating, and I lost all sense of control and my eyes started closing on their own. It was as though I was being shut down. Very weird feeling I must say in the dream.
You should change your forum mood to "dead" just because!

Koenig

The Architect
Last night I had a dream in which my families computers were being hacked despite the fact we all used a good security system. Upan tracking down the source we discovered that cause was a virus that I dubbed the hermit crab-as it was evading our security system by imitating one of the systems-unused features and using it as a cyber-shell. A quick un-installation got rid of the shell and our security system did the rest. AND THEN- I forgot the rest of my dream(s)

Koenig

The Architect
@Koenig , I wish I was able to remember my dreams as well as you you :(
My best advice: Write it down or make note of immediately after you wake up.

The sad thing is, I know for a fact that what I remember is less than 5% of my total dream. That said, I tend to remember my dreams visually far more than contextually. "Why am I here" and "what am I doing" are questions I can rarely ever answer after I wake up, but from a visual stand point I can take note of just about anything that caught my attention during my dream.

Ex-Actarus

My best advice: Write it down or make note of immediately after you wake up.

The sad thing is, I know for a fact that what I remember is less than 5% of my total dream. That said, I tend to remember my dreams visually far more than contextually. "Why am I here" and "what am I doing" are questions I can rarely ever answer after I wake up, but from a visual stand point I can take note of just about anything that caught my attention during my dream.
Yes I heard about that. I will try, because sometime I have weird dreams. maybe we could help each other finding explanations :).

I use to date a Ethiopian girl back in the day and she was so much into analysis dreams. I mean it was to the point she was taking decisions in life according to dreams. Very weird...

Koenig

The Architect
Last night I had a dream in which me and my friend were playing a new Metroid Prime game (or a maybe a sudo-sequel to MP2?) We started on an existing save of the game; The area were started in however seemed like a cross between mountain filled valleys and the dunes of white sands (The place where the first atomic bomb was detonated) After checking the map decided to go to the west and to another area that the Space Pirates were at. Along our way we found some logbook entries that indicated that the Federation had found a way to synthetically recreate a strain of Phazaon that was non virulent and generally beneficial; however the formula to make it had been stolen by the space pirates. Later on we discovered they had found a way to re-corrupt the phazon for their own uses, and had begun a large scale operation underground.

We went through about a half a dozen rooms and made our way to a seemingly bottomless pit approximately forty ft wide; the mouth of the pit was wider than the tunnel inside of it. Despite this, there was small elevator platform that went down into it, and after a brief puzzle to restore its operation we went down into the planet. We then found ourselves in a massive underground cave system that had been partially colonized and fortified by the space pirates. No natural light was in the cave system, and the only light available was the faint glow of the rooms shielded doors, and the bloom from weapons fire. The cave system itself had widely fluctuating temperatures; either being blisteringly hot, or freezing cold.

As we made our way deeper into this area (I don't know what it was supposed to be called) we came across a cylindrical room designed like a spiral stair case; the middle portion of the room was completely filled in by a massive stalactite while the sides of the room had been hollowed out and replace with large tanks of some kind of transparent liquid (Water, I assume) Each tank was filled with mechanical arms similar to what you find in an automobile assembly line, however with a space pirate aesthetic. These arms were busy lowering and raising approximately 1.5 m long synthetic hexagonal Phazon crystals into and out of various reactor like tubes at the bottom of each tank. The crystals were brought in from tubes on the right and were still "normal" and were almost clear, however after being dropped into each reactor the tanks flashed and crackled with the sound of immense electricity, while the tank (and by extent, the rest of the room) was illuminated by blue Cherenkov Radition.

(Above: A real picture of a nuclear reactor- The tanks in my dream reminded me of it)

When any crystal was removed from the reactor, a violent burst of electricity (almost a lightning bolt) was released and the crystal itself had become "Corrupted" and changed to a dark glowing purple. Each of the corrupted crystals were then lifted out of the tank, presumably to be processed elsewhere.

While there was a melody playing, I can't place what it was; however their was also an ambient theme playing, while the room itself was filled with the sound of bubbling water and electricity, and further lit by the eerie blue Cherenkov radiation in the tanks.

We then made our ways down the stairs that wrapped around the room, and continued further into the cavern. We were then ambushed by a number of Hunter Ing and in a panic my nephew ran Samus into a cloud of Ingstorm. We got a game over. We were then respawned at a temporary checkpoint just after the reactor room, when we were prompted by the mission hint: It brought up our map, zoomed out, and focused on a room right next to where we had originally started-We had just spent the past hour going in thw wrong direction. We started making our way back.

And then my alarm went off.

Koenig

The Architect
This thread has been dead for a while. Time to share a few dreams, or rather tiny fragments of them.

The first dream I can recall had to do with lego-like toys that my nephew was using, however he had somehow brought them to life and they were breaking everything, that and they were also quite painful to step on. I honestly can't remember much more than that.

The second scrap of a dream I have remembered lately had to do with a town that had gone missing near where I was in the dream some time ago, however the park ranger and I found the town by pure accident. The reason it had gone missing is because the town and everyone in it had shrunk down to the size of a Lincoln Log set. Once again I can't remember much more than that.

The third, and possible weirdest bit of a dream I can remember lately took place in a strange house by a river. I and several others were guests at the house, and we were all busy finding rooms and figuring out where we would stay for the night. Two of the other people their were identical twins who were...how should I put it? Something was off about them. Shortly their after I came across a room with a mirror which had a smaller hand held coutnerpart in another part of the house. I don't know how but I had the urge/instruction to bring the two mirrors into the same room as the twins and leave. I did so and closed the door. I then heard the sound of a bell and went back into the room. The twins were gone, as was the smaller mirror, however the larger mirror had turned a shade of purple and was reflecting oddly.

Creepy as fuck so I went back to dreaming other things which I could not remember.

Shoulder

So in my dream last night, I won an acting award for taking a shit. Reminds me of the time Bryan Cranston won an Emmy for sneezing.

EthanGK

The blunder from down under
I had a weird experience. I rarely dream, but last night I had a very vivid dream that I was at my best friend's funeral. It was very vivid and very unsettling. Spoke to him about it earlier and he had a dream last night too that I had drowned while we were on one of our fishing trips. Spooky scary. Not quite the same dream, but similar enough to be odd.

Uncomfortable, but I'm not thinking too much of it. I had a lot of dreams last night, the only other one was that my ex-girlfriend rocked up to my house and tried to get back together and when I said no she said she was taking the goldfish we bought together with her then. I gave it to her and she stood there eating the pebbles from the bottom of the tank.

I think I had other dreams last night, but can't recall them. I don't dream very often but on nights that I do dream, it just seems to be endless dreams all night. There's probably some psychological or environmental reason for that.

TechnoHobbit

Ash nazg durbatulûk
I had this weird dream last night were I got banned on this board until further notice because I was voted out by Vesti users (apparently everyone here follows the rules put down by the worst of the IGN users)

No idea what caused that dream.

Koenig

The Architect
I had a strange dream as well last night, granted mine was once again a bit more far fetched. I was having a bit of a "ground hogs day" in my dream in the fact that the same day repeated over and over. In the first part of the dream I had gone to some dusty old mounting for some kind of mining operation; why I was needed their was well beyond me. Before we could begin though we had to go through a long tunnel/shaft in the mountain. After going into the mountain however we saw a flash of light coming from the entrance of the tunnel. We quickly realized that it was an atomic blast in the distance. We all rush further into the tunnel until the shock/fire wave hit at which point everyone made a dash for the maintenance shafts in the side of the tunnel. After the main fireball subsided I made my way back to the nearby town to find it barren and destroyed; however before I could do anything else that ground-hogs effect day I mentioned took place.

I was inexplicably transported back in time to minutes before the explosion, although "Current" location remind the same. I then found myself in the non-destroyed town. The blast imminent, I rushed to a near by building (which happened to be a theatre with undergorund show-rooms) and made my way into the lower halls to protect myself. Somehow that worked, so I tried to find others nearby. Before long however the time loop started again and I had to start all over. This time I did my best to guide others to a safe location and keep them together after the blast.

This cycle continued to repeat as a common theme in the remainder of my dream until I found a way to stop the missile. How exactly I did stop it is well beyond me however, as dream logic is not something I understand.

Shoulder

So I had a rather interesting, and yet, scary dream last night, and it's something that could happen to any one of us while driving.

I somehow lost control of my car-don't know how, and went off a bridge, and into the water. Immediately, water was entering into the car, and knew I had to get out of the car somehow. I recalled an episode of mythbusters where you have to wait until the inside of the car equalizes with the pressure outside, and then you can open the door. I waited, and then was able to open the door up with little effort, and swam to safety.

I hope in real life something like this never happens, but it's good to know how I could get out of the situation if ever in it.

Shoulder

Reviving this old thing :p

So last night, I had a rather embarrassing dream where you have to take a massive shit while at work, but everyone is bothering you, so you cannot even make it to the toilet in time. I tried prairie-dogging it as best as I could, but something did in fact escape.

I then woke up, and was relieved.

P.S. I am at work, and whether it was something I ate last night, or what, but I've already gone to do a #2 once today, and I feel another one right behind it.

My dream is almost becoming real. Let's hope my co-workers don't bother me on the way there...

mattavelle1

ARMS is like breathing.......but more important
Thank for Bumping @Shoulder because I had a crazy one last night.

I had a dream that I was watching this happen, but was also involved during this happening.

It was a big ass jacked up Dodge truck with a man, woman and at times myself in the trucks. And then there was a combine bright red that was right on the ass end of the truck chasing it everywhere lookin to devour it.

We was trying everything to shake it, narrowly miss trees thinkin it would hit it and destroy itself.........nah it just combined the tree. Narrowly missing solid stone mailboxes, running off into reviens doin everything we could to get rid of this thing from eating us.

When the Chase finally came to the end the people driving the truck ended up at the combine guys house.

Then I woke up before I could see what happened. It was freakin terrifying tho, like havin Micheal Myers on your ass

BobSilencieux

I have not had a vivid dream in such a long time. I wish I could remember anything from dreams as of late to add...
I wish the opposite. A few nights ago I dreamt that my girlfriend was being possessed by an ancient Egyptian queen, and every time her body was taken over, she was suffocating to death. I shook her to bring her back and I could see in her eyes that she knew she was dying, and she was terrified. Been trying to get that image out of my head but it seems I can't unsee it...

Koenig

The Architect
I wish the opposite. A few nights ago I dreamt that my girlfriend was being possessed by an ancient Egyptian queen, and every time her body was taken over, she was suffocating to death. I shook her to bring her back and I could see in her eyes that she knew she was dying, and she was terrified. Been trying to get that image out of my head but it seems I can't unsee it...
:eek: