The Food thread.

mattavelle1

Crunk Ain’t Dead!!!
ugh, I f'n hate mayo

I love eggs, I love vinegar, I loathe mayo

If I want a white creamy substance on my food I'll use sour cream

#TeamSourCream

and now we have the "high class" version of mayo showing up in f'n everything... aoli... f' that... If I want high class white creamy stuff I'll use Creme Fraiche

#TeamCremeFraiche

edit:

speaking of food though, had a great cheat day on saturday, saw a movie with buttered popcorn and some sour cream and onion seasoning, then went to five guys for a bacon cheeseburger and a bacon milkshake... back home for some cheese spread and croutons from Split Pea Andersons, had a nice slice of Key Lime pie too... delicious....

tonight we are burning through our last blue Apron for a few weeks (get so f'n sick of them, don't like most of them, though last night I had a decent Mexican casserole thing with ground beef, rice, queso (not the texmex kind, just the white cheese), with peppers, and these seasoned strips of flour tortilla on top that were really good... tonight it is some kind of basil chicken thing that already smells too garlicy... Blue Apron tends to drown every dish they put out in garlic
Miracle Whip is about 1 trillion times better than Mayo. That’s my sandwich dressing of choice.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I've been eating my fried fish with "mayochup" (stupid-ass name) since I was a wee lad. The secret is to add a dash of hot sauce, especially something with a little vinegar like Tabasco. It honestly makes perfect sense. You get your seasoned fat in mayo, the sweet umami bomb in ketchup, and the spice and tang of hot sauce. It's a decent alternative to Chipotle Ranch.

But the true secret is, as always, a dash of lime juice. That shit makes everything better.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Suck reckless hate against mayo. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
I've been eating my fried fish with "mayochup" (stupid-ass name) since I was a wee lad. The secret is to add a dash of hot sauce, especially something with a little vinegar like Tabasco. It honestly makes perfect sense. You get your seasoned fat in mayo, the sweet umami bomb in ketchup, and the spice and tang of hot sauce. It's a decent alternative to Chipotle Ranch.

But the true secret is, as always, a dash of lime juice. That shit makes everything better.
I'll give anything a shot once, but ketchup seems to mask flavor more than enhance it.

(Me and acidic fruits don't get along too well, though. Lime juice and lemon juice are a recipe for a bad night. Which sucks, because lime does enhance some foods really well. But a good dollop of hot sauce wakes up a lot of food.)

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
So, a Total Wine opened up in our area (less than 5 min from my apartment, so...pretty dangerous, yes), and the amount of wines available is astounding. And the prices are good to boot. My GF and I went there last weekend, checked out the sights, bought some specialty beers, and some wine, and then just a little bit ago, bought six bottles of wine for my wine rack.

This shit is going to get expensive. :mnerv:

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
last night I went to a restaurant called the tipsy cow and had good poutine for the first time

I have always been fascinated by poutine, but every-time I have tried it, it has sucked... bad cheese, flavorless gravy, etc...

well last night I finally got good stuff, the fires were drenched in a really good gravy, they actually tossed them in it instead of just pouring it on top, so every dry was fully coated... the cheese was an extra sharp white cheddar cheese curds that had melted into little stretchy blobs of deliciousness, and to top it all off it had shredded short ribs on it too, but not too much, it didn't take away the focus... it also had jalapenos, but I don't handle those too well, so i just had those left off

I got a burger too.. a massive bbq burger with both bacon and pork belly on it as well as a mound of fried crispy onions... thatw as okay, but I was just wishing I had more poutine instead

not my picture, but this is A picture of the dish I found online