The Great Call of Duty DLC debate (Black Ops III Related)....

Do you think the DLC in the Call of Duty games is worth it...?

• Yes....

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No....

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kinda....

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don't buy DLC for CoD....

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....

So, Brat (my wife) and I are huge fans of Black Ops.... We have been since the first game on PS3....

We always buy Black Ops when it's released, and we always get the season pass, which brings the price of this game to over $100....

Not only that, but I actually bought BOIII twice, once on PC and once on PS4, both season pass versions....

We love Treyarch CoD, and we love how Treyarch always gives us all the great splitscreen options in every Black Ops game....

We love playing online splitscreen together.... Co-op.... Zombies.... It's the bees kness....

So to say that me and Brat have been heavily investing in this series for years now is no understatment....

We have spent like hundreds and hundreds of dollars since the original Black Ops on CoD....

And for the most part we are very happy with our purchases.... Except for one thing....

The DLC Map packs....

We are always so excited to play the new Map Packs released for these games.... But recently, we have come across an issue that we feel is fucked up....

So, we like to play Team Deathmatch.... It's pretty much the only advaserial mode we enjoy....

So when we get the map packs, we try and play TD to enjoy them....

Only problem with that is, the new maps don't get rotated into the regular team deathmatch game mode very often, if at all....

So we are like, ok, we want to play new maps.... Oh wait, there is a game mode specifically for Eclipse maps, problem solved....

But once we realized that the Map Pack game mode is a rotation of game modes we do not enjoy playing, we were like what the fuck....

I mean, the TD game mode is in the new map pack game mode rotation, but you are lucky if you get to play a TD match in this mode....

It constantly picks the other modes to play instead....

Kill Confirmed, Hardpoint....

It's like 90% these modes if you want to play the new maps....

Why...?

Why are Brat and I being forced into game modes we literally hate, just so we can enjoy the fucking map packs we paid for...?

I mean, good luck trying to get new maps in the regular TD map rotation, it's damn near impossible....

So my whole question is, we paid for the map packs, shouldn't we should be able to enjoy them in the game mode we like...?

Should we be forced into game modes we hate, just so we can enjoy the maps we paid to enjoy...?

It's not like we couldn't just play TD and get lucky like every 10 maps and get one of the DLC maps....

But man, these are new maps.... They should be coming up in the rotation much more often in TD than 1 in 10....

It's super frustrating to have the maps, but barley get to play them in TD....

I hope in the future, Treyarch understands that TD is the most popular mode, and maybe they should make a specifitc game mode of TD for the new Map Packs....

So that way Brat and I aren't forced to play Hardpoint to enjoy them....

So what do you guys think about the DLC in CoD games...?

Is it a ripoff..?

Is it worth it...?

If you play this, are feeling similar frustrations with the DLC Map Packs...?

I pretty much feel like they are a nessesary part of the experience.... Like you only get half of a game without them....

Which in and of itself is fucked imo....

What say you...?

Last edited:

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
It's not like we couldn't just play TD and get lucky like every 10 maps and get one of the DLC maps....
I look at it like we all have our favorite maps, but them getting picked is always luck of the draw (and adding more maps makes the odds steeper). But since TDM is always the most popular mode, and they've already got a map pack-specific menu option, why not offer it there?

[As for value, I've always thought non-DLC COD has been a great deal. For $60, you get a few hundred hours of gameplay. But adding in DLC that you aren't even regularly playing changes the calculus, somewhat. Probably not worth it, as-is, from your description.]