The Great CT - Community Thread

mattavelle1

ARMS is like breathing.......but more important
We reached page 1000 in the Hall of Fame CT. Let's put this one to good use aswell TNE Wondeful Ones. :msrs:

simplyTravis

"A nice guy, but looks like a f'n Jedi!"
OOOOOH FIRST! (but really second)

Lets get another 1000 going guys! And to think I almost didn't check if this was up tonight.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
I read the new Rurouni Kenshin extra chapter "To Rule Flame" - it was pretty good. Watsuki's art is still amazing, even 20 years later.

praisegrima

mattavelle1

ARMS is like breathing.......but more important
Here in a few weeks or so the admins are gonna be hard at work. Were are going to be doing a "spring cleaning" of sorts. Now that we have a Hall of Fane there are a lot of threads that need to be moved there. Also there will be some that need to be deleted and some that will just stay where they are.

It should help the forums speed up and just in general clean things up. :mthumb:

In other news. Man they have been giving like 100% chance of rain all week..............I've worked all week with no rain. Thanks weatherman:mfacepalm:

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
No Crunch Buttsteak?
No Crunch Buttsteak. Or Slab Bulkhead, Bold Bigflank, Splint Chesthair, Flint Ironstag, Stump Beefknob, Dirk Hardpeck, Rip Steakface, Whip Slagcheek, Punch Sideiron, Slake Fistcrunch, Buff Hardback, Touch Rustrod, Reef Blastbody, Beat Punchbeef, Hack Blowfist.

Splint Chesthair is one of my favorite ones that was not included.

It also brings to mind some names of real people, such as Powers Boothe, Dick Pound, Max Planck, Manley Power, Commander Flex Plexico, Dr. Duncan Steel, Stirling Mortlock, Magnus Ver Magnusson, and of course Staff Sgt. Max Fightmaster.

What other manly names can we come up with, and for who on TNE? Together, we are the TNE Wonderful Ones, but what kickass names can we come up with?

-Baldy McShoulder

Shoulder

Even though I'm normally a Mac person (still rocking a 6 year old MBP), if I had to buy myself a new laptop, I would not get the new ultra-thin Macbook that just came out, and would rather spend half the money, and get myself one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Zenbook-UX305FA-ASM1-13-3-Inch-Ultra-Slim-Aluminum/dp/B00SGS7ZH4

If I had to stick with Mac though, I'd simply go for an Air, or even a Pro and spend a few extra bucks. I feel the new retina Macbook is just not price competitive enough, but in traditional Apple fashion, most will buy it without thought.

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
So I 've just been to the Hall of Fame CT. That last post was hilarious. You can almost say it was a final fantasy.

Bad puns aside, I forgot how to effectively construct a pancake. Who'd think something with so little ingredients would end up easily forgotten after so long? Anyway I ended up eating biscuits with a doughy interior. Needless to say, my pride was broken that day. My brothers liked it. Me, not so much.

More Deus ex is a great thing in my book as long as I can stealth my way through, especially if it's taking UI cues from Crysis (best upgrade interface ever in a shooter). I was asking for this. The only disappointing thing I felt were about the graphics. It's a pretty strange feeling when you prefer the mildly dated look than the one with a fresh coat of paint. I never asked to feel this way.

I'm suffering from Pokemon withdrawal syndrome. I decided to draw Gengar today and now I can't stop thinking about all the time I spent doing pokemon battles with pokemon like Aegislash, Electivire, Slaking, Talonflame, Greninja and Gengar. I wiped my Pokemon X data clean to allow my brother a chance to experience the story, so now I don't have those pokemon anymore. It didn't bother me before, so why is it bothering me now? Maybe that damn Gengar used curse on me.

And finally Hearthstone adventure wing #2 is open! I can't wait to pretend I'm Ragnaros and killing insects!

TechnoHobbit

Ash nazg durbatulûk
First page! That new CT smell is always glorious (or I'm sure it would be if you could smell over the internet :p).

The name will always bug me though... by saying "CT Community Thread" it's saying "Community Thread Community Thread"

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

ALL THIS GLORIOUS COMBAT INFO

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/0...rting-classes-first-arts-party-co-op-bonuses/

The above video demonstrates a player using Arts in battle, showing off some of the Shooting and Fighting skills.

After using an Art, you won’t be able to use it again until its “Recast Time” finishes. The Recast Time varies from Art to Art, and continuing another charge will result in a “Double Recast,” which vastly increases its effects. While in Overclock Gear, you can go an extra step with the “Triple Recast”.

Here are some of the first Arts learned by the starting class of Drifter, followed by the next three classes of Assault, Command, and Forcer.

Another key feature in Xenoblade Chronicles X’s combat is the “Soul” system. It works by having allies communicate amongst each other during battle, where they’re granted with effects like HP Recovery and Damage Up Against Enemies. Here are the two varieties of Soul communications.

Soul Voice: A party member will say something like “It’s off guard! Let’s wreck it with Fighing Arts!” or “I did it! Give me some cover fire!” it will mark your corresponding Arts, and using them will increase your health along with the other party member. Additionally, it increases your bond with the party member.

Soul Challenge: Are bonuses granted for meeting certain conditions. For example, if you get “start the fight with a Fighting weapon” or “when your HP reaches 30% or lower,” you’ll then see an orange circle appear in the middle of the screen. By timing with the “B button” you can gain effects such as “HP Recovery For All Allies,” and “Soul Stage Level Increase By 1”. Getting a “Perfect” will grant you bonus TP, too.

Soul Challenge effects can be adjusted to your liking. For example, the “start the fight with a Fighting weapon” can have effects such as “Damage up + 100%,” “Break effect,” and “Gain 200TP Per Hit” are just some of the many effects that can be matched with your Soul Challenges.

There’s also a feature called “Soul Stage” which increases the level by 1 whenever you meet the requirements of a Soul Challenge. This grants further effects like “Soul Voice Rates Up,” or “TP Bonus For Great Success”.

Xenoblade Chronicles X will release in Japan on April 29, 2015 for Wii U. The game will release later this year in the West.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/0...arts-party-co-op-bonuses/#quXTs1PE0s42lEMD.99

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

So I 've just been to the Hall of Fame CT. That last post was hilarious. You can almost say it was a final fantasy.

Bad puns aside, I forgot how to effectively construct a pancake. Who'd think something with so little ingredients would end up easily forgotten after so long? Anyway I ended up eating biscuits with a doughy interior. Needless to say, my pride was broken that day. My brothers liked it. Me, not so much.

More Deus ex is a great thing in my book as long as I can stealth my way through, especially if it's taking UI cues from Crysis (best upgrade interface ever in a shooter). I was asking for this. The only disappointing thing I felt were about the graphics. It's a pretty strange feeling when you prefer the mildly dated look than the one with a fresh coat of paint. I never asked to feel this way.

I'm suffering from Pokemon withdrawal syndrome. I decided to draw Gengar today and now I can't stop thinking about all the time I spent doing pokemon battles with pokemon like Aegislash, Electivire, Slaking, Talonflame, Greninja and Gengar. I wiped my Pokemon X data clean to allow my brother a chance to experience the story, so now I don't have those pokemon anymore. It didn't bother me before, so why is it bothering me now? Maybe that damn Gengar used curse on me.

And finally Hearthstone adventure wing #2 is open! I can't wait to pretend I'm Ragnaros and killing insects!
I cant teach you to make flourless pancakes that are gluten free made from banana's and taste like heaven.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
You gotta love it when all the problems you have with a program magically disappear after a computer restart.

I still don't know what caused the issue with Bandicam, but I'll settle for it being fixed for now.

grimabepraised

Last edited:

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
You gotta love it when all the problems you have with a program magically disappear after a computer restart.

I still don't know what caused the issue with Bandicam, but I'll settle for it being fixed for now.

grimabepraised
Turning it off and on is still the most effective fixer for most electronics. Shit, "sleeping on it" works for people, too.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Turning it off and on is still the most effective fixer for most electronics. Shit, "sleeping on it" works for people, too.
I've had this kind of problem before, and usually the fix is to do a couple quick things in Virtualdub and let it direct-stream-copy into fixing territory.

But not today. Today this video demanded I go through every few minutes and delete some of the sound so it could match up with the footage for the most part.

Then I restart the comp and try out a couple different games - bam! Perfectly synced footage.

In other - not related to the quote - stuff: I love being an Aunt. My niece is a goofball of sunshine.

praisegrima

Shoulder

Well boys we made it too Friday once again. It rained like a SOB last night so not sure how much work things will get done today outside.
Yeah, it rained a lot yesterday, so I was off work, and made the effort to getting shit done. Got a new Debit Card, did my grocery and other errand shopping, and got laundry done. And even though rehearsal was cancelled last night, I still got together with my partner to run lines, but before that it was us chatting it up with people for over two hours.

Yesterday was a good day.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I posted one of this guy's videos in the latest voice chat thread, but this video right here is the best of all of them. Solid advice in general for all competitive games, and also for life.

Shoulder

So, question for all of you here. If on the off-chance Treyarch's new COD game (which has been rumored to be BLOPS3) were to come to the Wii U, would you all buy it?

We also do have Devil's Third to consider, but there's no release at all for that game, whereas COD always comes out a week or so before Thanksgiving. I hope we'll see something more concrete at E3, concerning DT.