The Great CT - Community Thread

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
At this point, only an aunt.

And after listening to my sister's recollection of the 18 hours of labor-then-a-c-section, I think I'm good with being just an aunt for now.

grimabepraised
Smart girl. My wife with our first labored 23 hours only to end up with a c-section. It was brutal.

My mother's in some other country so I'll probably phone her later and sing her my The Chronic parody.

Hey though, was there some investor meeting at Nintendo recently? Iwata dropping some hot stuff, saying their open to film/tv projects, dropping more details on their Universal hookup and saying they are working to make the NX region-free.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
My mother's in some other country so I'll probably phone her later and sing her my The Chronic parody.

Hey though, was there some investor meeting at Nintendo recently? Iwata dropping some hot stuff, saying their open to film/tv projects, dropping more details on their Universal hookup and saying they are working to make the NX region-free.
Wonder if all this is where the.............1 billion dollars went?

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear

Region...free? If that actually comes to pass, ABOUT FUCKING TIME!!!

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Finally saw Age of Ultron last night. It was...OK. It's one of the rare comic book movies that I think should've been longer. Whedon spent so much time with "look how awesome this is: I can shoot through wall debris!" sort of camera work that the action scenes just got tiring. When the plot got a chance to breathe, and the actors got a chance to act, it was way better.

A few more minutes here and there would've really improved things. Ultron's introduction wouldn't have felt so rushed. The Hulk Buster scene wouldn't have felt like an excuse to show off cool armor. The "Thor walks into magical pool of water and makes sense of it all"-thing seems like it was obviously meant to be about 5 minutes longer.

Still decent. I need to watch it again, because I'm sure there's plenty I missed with them jamming so much into the movie.

Or...

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
So I'm fighting Four Kings in Dark Souls. This is the 4th Lord Soul I'm getting.

After this, is all I have left to do is fight Gwyn?

Or can I just break the disc now?
If you have the DLC, you can go do that, and it's the best part of the game. But it's also the most challenging part, so right now I don't know if that's what you want.

At Gwyn now actually.

No I don't have the DLC.

Maybe I played too much too fast. Or maybe I should have taken a longer break between Demon's and Dark.

It started off great, but I'm just getting annoyed easily. Idk. Depite the bullshit, I do applaud From Software.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
aaaaah shit
Paper Mario Wii U is happening, hopefully Miyamoto is too busy to ruin this one, but that's being too optimistic I guess.

"Paper Mario on Wii U is in development via Intelligent Systems employees at a job expo booth"
via a 2ch thread
http://wktk.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1431178408/
Ugh can they make 1 more game please that I don't care about!?!

@Koenig nobody knows what to say about such things. I'm sorry for your family's loss. :mpray:

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I'm gonna go start a real Nintendo Enthusiast site, I cant smh any longer
What you need to do is recognize that Nintendo has such a stable of IPs that they could literally in an e3 show hit one whole group of Nintendo fans and totally piss off the other half.

Hence the DK:TF e3.

I like all Paper Marios. Sue me bros

Sure they're simple, but they're alll fun in some way. Even if Sticker Star kinda slipped up, it's still fun for it's own reasons.

But I would love it if they went back to 64/TYD style.

Koenig

The Architect
Just a reminded for those with a 3DS, The Monster Hunter menu theme is available for free right now for those interested. (Keep in mind this is the theme shop, not the e-shop)

EvilTw1n

Very sorry for your loss, Koenig. Best wishes being sent your way.
I'm gonna go start a real Nintendo Enthusiast site, I cant smh any longer
I think it's pretty well established that we can't agree on anything around here.

(Hell, I can't even call Gran Turismo a sim without it being called into question as an arcade drift racer, apparently.)
Just a reminded for those with a 3DS, The Monster Hunter menu theme is available for free right now for those interested. (Keep in mind this is the theme shop, not the e-shop)
Yep, I'm rocking that right now.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Those characters are like if you add up all the characters from the GBA and DS Castlevanias and get the average. Shanoa was really the highest point in my opinion, this new stuff is just functional.

But I already backed it, because it's freaking awesome that we'll get a game made by the developers of the GBA Castlevania and Mega Man Zero games. I could have never imagined that 13 years ago.

EvilTw1n

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/05/11/sega-laments-weak-sales-as-alien-isolation-shifts-21-million

2+ million copies for Alien: Isolation is "weak".

But it's okay, Sega is releasing 46 free to play mobile and pc games in the next year.

Only Iga can save us now
Someone needs to put Sega out of their misery and rebuild them from scratch. If you can't make a profit from 2-million copies being sold your development budget is beyond bloated.
Well, to be fair, remember when Ninja Theory talked about selling 1.5 million copies of Heavenly Sword? They said at that point, the publisher breaks even, but not the developer. Now sure, that was years ago, and the price of tech comes down. But the price of skilled human labor? That doesn't. Development and promotion in a crowded market is expensive (most likely why Sega passed on publishing Bayonetta 2).
That would've been cool, but sadly no.

On another amazing note, the heavens have decided to answer my prayers I bring down all that is called 2D CASTLEVANIA!!!
....except it's not Castlevania, but then again it is. Confused? Don't be.

A little Vanillaware up in that art. I like.

[Only PS4/One/PC, though? The old GBA/DS audience probably isn't there. I'm not, at least.]

Last edited:

BobSilencieux

Finally saw Age of Ultron last night. It was...OK. It's one of the rare comic book movies that I think should've been longer. Whedon spent so much time with "look how awesome this is: I can shoot through wall debris!" sort of camera work that the action scenes just got tiring. When the plot got a chance to breathe, and the actors got a chance to act, it was way better.

A few more minutes here and there would've really improved things. Ultron's introduction wouldn't have felt so rushed. The Hulk Buster scene wouldn't have felt like an excuse to show off cool armor. The "Thor walks into magical pool of water and makes sense of it all"-thing seems like it was obviously meant to be about 5 minutes longer.

Still decent. I need to watch it again, because I'm sure there's plenty I missed with them jamming so much into the movie.
I had exactly the same reaction. It felt really badly edited. Like they cut out about 20 minutes too much.

Well, to be fair, remember when Ninja Theory talked about selling 1.5 million copies of Heavenly Sword? They said at that point, the publisher breaks even, but not the developer. Now sure, that was years ago, and the price of tech comes down. But the price of skilled human labor? That doesn't. Development and promotion in a crowded market is expensive (most likely why Sega passed on publishing Bayonetta 2).

A little Vanillaware up in that art. I like.

[Only PS4/One/PC, though? The old DS audience probably isn't there. I'm not, at least.]

I guess. But still, it's ridiculous to me hearing Capcom saying RE6 is disappointing at 6 millions sold. But 2 million? How much do games need to sell these days?

I too like the art style, but it's gonna be 2.5D, so again, this could be a Mighty No 9, where it had beautiful art, but a bland look. Hopefully not though. Either way, I'm sure both games will be fun.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I too like the art style, but it's gonna be 2.5D, so again, this could be a Mighty No 9, where it had beautiful art, but a bland look. Hopefully not though. Either way, I'm sure both games will be fun.
Thankfully they namedrop Guilty Gear (X3rd), which had beautiful 3D graphics also in Unreal Engine, so that gives me hope. Freaking game almost looks like it's made with HD sprites.

So if this Bloodstained game looks half as good as that, it'll be great.

If I may change the subject for a second.

So I'm watching Daredevil on Netflix. Only a few episodes in and I'm realizing something: I'm enjoying the villians. I can't remember the last time a villian was memorable.

The last Marvel villain I remember from the films is Loki in Avengers, and that's only because of Tom Hiddleston, and because he was in Thor 1 and 2 as well. I remember the Spiderman villians because he's my bread and butter, but Lizard and Electro weren't that memorable for their movies.

But in Daredevil, the actor who plays...I don't know his name, buisness suit guy who says "my employer" all the time, all he has to do is go to a bowling alley, say "hi" to kids and he's good. He has such a commanding presence imo.

And it's not just movies, it's games too. Can't remember the last really good villian.

Why can't villians just be assholes anymore? They have to have some tragic backstory or something, but I miss hating bad guys. I'd get so worked up and couldn't wait to see them get the shit kicked out of them.

Any films or games with a really good bad guy?