The Great CT - Community Thread

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
You might not feel bad, but what about the others? Ugh, I'm shaking from the adrenaline, ugh, I hate having anxiety attacks, yes, because I'm feeling sick right now.
what others??

just relax man. they mis-fairly treated isturbo. There's nothing we can do it cause these mods will always side with eachother no matter where you go to post.
Me and isturbo PM on ign and he said he's gonna make the next group and start posting again anyways. He's not going anywhere. I'll text you his phone number if you ever want to call him on the phone.

what others??

just relax man. they mis-fairly treated isturbo. Me and him PM on ign and he said he's gonna make the next group and start posting again anyways. He's not going anywhere. I'll text you his phone number if you ever want to call him on the phone.
I might want to do that tomorrow, bah, I hate anxiety flaring up like this when I get too emotionally involved, irrational thoughts, yes, this isn't something I can just wish away, it's something I have to deal with everyday, but I try to plug along, you know?

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
@the_randomizer

they can dislike and smh our posts all they want.
Nope, just that one....

I was making a metaphore for how you can be incredibly hospitible to someone and yet still have them show no respect to you, your family or the house they have been invited into, all while they stare you dead in your eye and eat the food you so lovingly prepared for them to enjoy....

I wasn't calling him a piece of anything....

You guys jump to a lot of conclusions very quickly.... I'm not even sure how to respond to either of you....

Nope, just that one.... I was making a metaphor for how you can be incredibly hospitable to someone and yet still have them show no respect to you or the house they have been invited into, all while they stare you dead in your eye and eat the food you so lovingly prepared for them to enjoy....

I wasn't calling him a piece of anything....

You guys jump to a lot of conclusions very quickly.... I'm not even sure how to respond to either of you....
Permabanning him without using a warning system or varying lengths of said bans is pretty damn low, dude. He wanted a second chance and you and your staff just royally fucked him six ways from Sunday without second thought, without hope, without giving another chance for him to redeem himself. C'est la vie. -_-

Even GBA Temp, which has equally strict rules, never banned someone over these kind of horseshit trivialities.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
Permabanning him without using a warning system or varying lengths of said bans is pretty fucking low, dude. He wanted a second chance and you just royally fucked him six ways from Sunday with that chance. I thought that he could have a refuge here, nope, permaban. Real nice.
First off, I was just made a mod tonight.... AFTER it was decided to do whatever was done.... Understand...?

In other words I had literally no call in that, even if I agreed with it....

I was there as an observer to give my input....

Nothing more....

The actual reason I was involved in all this was because I was actually defending Turbo, up until I saw exactly what kind of person he really was....

Which in the end made me look like a complete shmuck....

My advise.... Start picking your friends more carefully.... And another thing....

Quit spamming up the CT with all this and take it to PM.... You guys have made your point here and expertly expressed how you feel in about 20 posts....

But enough is enough, ok....

Last edited:

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
is @isturbo1984 permabanned?

will I get banned now for defending him and asking about bans and shit?

what a fucking joke this shit is.
Short answer to your question: No

I honestly don't know what happened with Turbo and the whole situation, but what I will say is if he was banned, it most likely was because he fucked up big somehow.

Banning people on TNE is actually quite rare. Even on the chat, I hardly ever use my mod powers, and if I do, it's as a joke (so delete a post or something), or there is a blatant troll.

Again, I don't know the circumstances that led to turbo's ban, but speaking independently about it, there was probably a very good reason, and not pettiness or gangbanging against him.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
@thekiller7 @the_randomizer

Wow yeah y'all got lied to hate to tell ya. He was permabanned for sure and for good reason.

First off y'all know we do not allow name calling. He called straight out one of our gay members a "fairy". I can let you see that if you like. After havin @sjmartin79 and Turbo, LSB, Jueg and Fried in a PM.

@thekiller7 you will love this. Sjm totally was cool with letting "bygones be bygones" and everyone was released with just a warning.

But Turbo couldn't let that be well enough. He came back in the PM after that.........after he could have walked away and accused Sjm of starting the whole thing. He just had a warning remember that.

THEN our good friend Turbo after that started A BRAND NEW PM named "Sjmartin" and proceeded to use many homophobic slurs and was very nasty. At that time the mods voted and the punishment handed down.

Now before we go any farther you should know that we are not a petty group. Everyone who has an oppertunity or the privlage to post here can gets the same chance as everyone else. But this behavior outta an forum across the Internet will not tolerate this.

Don't go around judging people especially when you don't have the facts. I will at this point gladly add you to the PMs so you can see with your own eyes how hard y'all were lied to if you so wish.

White Knighting for a guy who has told you wrong is sad. But you can turn it around now both of you:mthumb:

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Really pretty floored y'all think we would just ban for disagreements.

We add people to PMs just for this reason. I can add you to any PM and I have 100% confidence that what I posted above is the truth. And anyone who was a part of them outside of Turbo will tell you the exact same.

We don't have a reason to hide or lie. If you want the real truth just ask and I'll add you to them.

BUT maybe you don't wanna see them because you will then realize you were lied to by "a friend".

Your choice @thekiller7 @the_randomizer

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
so that's what happened.

Gay people face enough hate and bigotry in the real world, no need for our little Camelot to be corrupted by it.

The more sad thing in it is that this isn't the issue at all......like not even close. Not being able to handle a conversation and devolving it into name calling that's the issue. Then coming back and pouring gasoline on the fire.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I'm sorry you all had to see this TNE. After everyone got just a warning we thought it was over and like always y'all would have been none the wiser and the job was done.

Y'all don't deserve this I agree I apologize on all sides for this.

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
So apparently a lot happened here. I don't see bans happening here often, or at all, so it has to be for a good reason. Selfishly speaking, maybe talks about appeals should not happen in the community thread and should have a thread of its own if anyone needs to vent. If someone is having issues with both the TNE and IGN mods I believe they might need to heavily re-evaluate their stand on things before putting blame on authority figures. TNE is a lot lax when it comes to utilizing their mod abilities.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
So I saw that iOS is now getting a sort of red-shift filter, and it reminded me how I've been meaning to try it on Android. Flux and Twilight are the two main ones for Android; I DL-ed the latter last night. Honestly? I think it works. Slept pretty soundly last night.
So apparently a lot happened here. I don't see bans happening here often, or at all, so it has to be for a good reason. Selfishly speaking, maybe talks about appeals should not happen in the community thread and should have a thread of its own if anyone needs to vent. If someone is having issues with both the TNE and IGN mods I believe they might need to heavily re-evaluate their stand on things before putting blame on authority figures. TNE is a lot lax when it comes to utilizing their mod abilities.
Although they're a bit buried, we do have the TOS and Ban Alternative threads.
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/forum...-for-nintendo-enthusiast-forums-and-chat.787/
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/forums/threads/banning-alternatives.3036/

But yeah, we're pretty lax on bans. Pretty much "don't personally attack people or use slurs" is about it. And the community makes that pretty easy, really, since that rarely ever happens.

So I saw that iOS is now getting a sort of red-shift filter, and it reminded me how I've been meaning to try it on Android. Flux and Twilight are the two main ones for Android; I DL-ed the latter last night. Honestly? I think it works. Slept pretty soundly last night.

Although they're a bit buried, we do have the TOS and Ban Alternative threads.
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/forum...-for-nintendo-enthusiast-forums-and-chat.787/
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/forums/threads/banning-alternatives.3036/

But yeah, we're pretty lax on bans. Pretty much "don't personally attack people or use slurs" is about it. And the community makes that pretty easy, really, since that rarely ever happens.
And yet the two made up via PMs and made amends and solved their difference and yet you had the balls to not temp ban, but permanently ban after one infraction, that's absolute bullshit, but I digress, there's no sense in trying to see from both sides of the same coin, it's a lost cause, and people trying to say that he's a friend, used in a demeaning sense with "" marks, that's even lower. He's a friend, we both know him more than your staff would ever care to know. I'm done here. You and @mattavelle1 aren't helping any by spreading hate against Turbo for what he did, that doesn't help resolve the issue that had happen, it's only adding fuel to the fire, I get the feeling that you'll be holding a grudge against him for years to come, which is damning and very unhealthy.

He told me his side of things and yet you refuse to believe it, because you all have a childish BS grudges and refuse to look at both sides, which again, doesn't resolve anything and only exacerbates the issue at hand.

If a user makes a mistake, they get banned, but if staff go behind said banned user's back, it's perfectly all right for them to attack and slander him? That's pretty stupid and immature.

Last edited:

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
And yet the two made up via PMs and made amends and solved their difference and yet you had the balls to not temp ban, but permanently ban after one infraction, that's absolute bullshit, but I digress, there's no sense in trying to see from both sides of the same coin, it's a lost cause, and people trying to say that he's a friend, used in a demeaning sense with "" marks, that's even lower. He's a friend, we both know him more than your staff would ever care to know. I'm done here. You and @mattavelle1 aren't helping any by spreading hate against Turbo for what he did, that doesn't help resolve the issue that had happen, it's only adding fuel to the fire, I get the feeling that you'll be holding a grudge against him for years to come, which is damning and very unhealthy.

He told me his side of things and yet you refuse to believe it, because you all have a childish BS grudges and refuse to look at both sides, which again, doesn't resolve anything and only exacerbates the issue at hand.

If a user makes a mistake, they get banned, but if staff go behind said banned user's back, it's perfectly all right for them to attack and slander him? That's pretty stupid and immature.
When you wanna see where we are coming from last night again just ask and I'll show you. I've already told you exactly what happened and you still wanna think it's as childish as "disliking" someone. please I got much better things to worry about then something so petty.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I think that I'm done here, get called out for defending someone even though Turbo and the one he offended made amends via a PM, good day.
Look, I'm not like some of these other guys, and I will tell you exactly wtf I think....

You know, I was nothing but kind to this guy.... And he pissed in my cornflakes....

Same goes for all three of you.... I have been nothing but kind.... And now you throw around all this shit trying to make it stick even though Turbo got what was coming to him....

I literally looked like a complete asshole trying to defend Turbo and his behavior around here....

You wanna talk about friends, well, SJ is my friend.... I know him well.... I know the kind of person he is....

If Turbo is indeed your friend and you know him then you must defend him a lot when this kinda shit happeens, because if he acts this way on other forums, I'm sure he's getting the same treatment there....

Matt has told you what happened, even shown you, what more do you want...?

Your buddy Turbo has a real funny way of making friends....

Glad he has the two of you, hope he keeps ya, cause he ain't making any new ones acting the way he does anytime soon....

It saddens me to hear about you and killer leaving or whatever, but you do what you gotta do....

I couldn't have rolled out the red carpet here on TNE any more for you guys than I did....

You have a good day, sir....

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
Look, I'm not like some of these other guys, and I will tell you exactly wtf I think....

You know, I was nothing but kind to this guy.... And he pissed in my cornflakes....

Same goes for all three of you.... I have been nothing but kind.... And now you throw around all this shit trying to make it stick even though Turbo got what was coming to him....

I literally looked like a complete asshole trying to defend Turbo and his behavior around here....

You wanna talk about friends, well, SJ is my friend.... I know him well.... I know the kind of person he is....

If Turbo is indeed your friend and you know him then you must defend him a lot when this kinda shit happeens, because if he acts this way on other forums, I'm sure he's getting the same treatment there....

Matt has told you what happened, even shown you, what more do you want...?

Your buddy Turbo has a real funny way of making friends....

Glad he has the two of you, hope he keeps ya, cause he ain't making any new ones acting the way he does anytime soon....

It saddens me to hear about you and killer leaving or whatever, but you do what you gotta do....

I couldn't have rolled out the red carpet here on TNE any more for you guys than I did....

You have a good day, sir....

Dont worry. Turbo doesn't just have the two of us... We've built a group of 10 people that are like a family. Yeah it's on ign and not all of them are willing to come to TNE... Some of them tried it out and it didn't stick.

And I thank you all for "rolling that red carpet out for us.
I never once said "I'm never posting here again"
Never said that, but I am disappointed in how this shit went down and the gang bang on turbo went down. Even when he tried to cool it off people just don't back down from their keyboards... But whatever. You guys got your click here. That's fine. You want me out? Or i'm trying to fit in? Fucking have the balls to tell me I'm not wanted here. That's fine. Doesn't matter then.

But I am truly done talking about this situation for good now. I will leave with a quote from Turbo himself he gave to me to tell of you.

@FriedShoes @mattavelle1

isturbo1984 said:

"i have been lurking, reading the gossip about me. i was content up until a point. then one, baldfaced liar summoned me from the grave it would seem. mattevelle1, you are a fucking liar, sir. that is NOT how shit went down.

yes, invite others to my thread. you dont have permission to say as such. it is, after all, a private conversation i started. but yeah, i give anyone permission who wants a look-see. if mattevelle1 is going to go as far as to lie about me, just keep an eye on the footer on my post to make sure it wasnt edited by anyone else.

first of all, i started a PM title "sjmartain" and invited 3 mods (jeogo, matte and LSB). first text, right off the bat where... "i am nippnig this in the bud." i informed all of them that i had been talking to sjmartain privately by myself and we had reconciled. and this was all FIRST.

second, i did NOT "blame" jsmartain for everything. i took responsibility for my part. both parties were guilty of wrong-doing. BOTH. including sjmartain.

third, a moderator (not me) made a secondary PM chain with a bunch of mods present... and including sjmartain. the thread was title something along the lines of "racial slurs" and jeogos' opening line was something along the lines of "obviously isturbo is in the wrong here" or something to that degree. jeogos was there, telling martain how i had contacted all of them, relying that we had talked and reconciled. pretty much, checking to see if i was lying. martain himself concurred with me. told jeogos that i had contacted him and we had both hashed it out like adults. this secondary thread was not made by me.

fourth, after that was all said and done... i went back to the first PM i created--i did not create another one... it was just me and the 4 mods, nobody else. and i told jeugos that i do not appreciate being blamed as the "sole wrong-doer" of the incident. and that i take responsibility for my actions, but i do not take sole responsibility. i affirmed that i did in fact participated in name calling. and i even "bumped it up." and yes, i did enforced that i did not start the name calling, as it was in fact sjmartain who first called me a "bully" and a "jackass." that is hardly blaming him for everything. again, we both participated in name calling. BOTH. and reconciled. the only reason it continued on, lead to a ban and even is carried on after the fact, summoning me from the grave... is because mattevelle and other mods had and the desire to carry things on.--to the point of lying to all of you.

fifth, i DID NOT continue to b-rate sjmartain or anyone else after that. not in that PM or any PM.

i created the fucking PM. i invite anyone to have a look see. the order of events are exactly as i had said. just ask any of the following: jeugo, matte, LSB or friedshoes for an invite. mattevelle1 is lying his ass off. you can take that to the bank.

and for the record... sjmartain is an adult... and intelligent one with the ability to reconcile, own up to his wrongdoings and forgive. calling him names because he called me one was just business as far as i am concerned. i have no ill will toward him."

EvilTw1n

No grudges.

There is never any joy in a ban; sometimes they have to happen, unfortunately.

I appreciate you standing up for a friend (the most admirable of traits), but one does not "make up" by continuing on similarly in a PM (and using slurs does more to "spread hate" than trying to provide a sort of autopsy of the situation in toto). The boundaries are pretty wide here, but not that wide.

No grudges.

There is never any joy in a ban; sometimes they have to happen, unfortunately.

I appreciate you standing up for a friend (the most admirable of traits), but one does not "make up" by continuing on similarly in a PM (and using slurs does more to "spread hate" than trying to provide a sort of autopsy of the situation in toto). The boundaries are pretty wide here, but not that wide.
Why don't you just go and read the post that Killer made above just a few minutes ago instead of quoting me? That might do you some good, or did you just decide to gloss over that too? You want the whole story? We have witnesses, we have incontrovertible proof that the mods' decision isn't something we agree with, and yet you still stand by Mattavelle's ill-contrived sob story.

Rolling red carpet indeed.

http://www.destructoid.com/hyper-light-drifter-will-release-on-pc-march-31-350213.phtml

Hyper Light Drifter finally releasing on March 31.

Apparently the Wii U version is in limbo. I'm fucking sick of kickstarters having stretch goals of a Wii U version then just ignoring them. Admittedly I guess it was this and Project Cars, but still. It's still not fair making promises when you depend on the audience to fund it and not follow through.

I'll wait for the reviews and see, I love isometric shit but maybe I'll just wait for Ittle Dew 2

Jesus. I was going to reply again in that thread after my weekend away. It seems a lot can happen in a weekend. Moving on...

Da Red Evil season 2 was fantastic, as expected. Some minor niggles here and there but overall fantastic. I'm totally going to do that "watching the entire MCU in order" thing before Civil War...

EvilTw1n

I finished watching the second season of Daredevil last night. I have to say I enjoyed the season, but as a whole it felt significantly inferior to the first.
I only got around to watching the first episode last night. It was OK. Season one is gonna be really hard to top, simply because it was such a good origin tale. I think I mentioned to @juegosmajicos that DD s.1 is like a premium Batman Begins. They easily could've stretched out the story/villain through a second season (and I kind of wish that they would have).

But I was a bit lukewarm on Jessica Jones at first, and then it blew me away. Can't way to see what else DD s.2 has in store.