The Great CT - Community Thread

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
4K is a rip off bro don't do it!
yeah, don't go 4k until they are selling 4k with HDR at a good price, right now 1080p is fine, 4k without HDR is a pretty crap step

though major just bought a smart TV I would recommend against that as well... unless it is built in roku or android tv... it is better to have a dumb TV connected to a smart device like a fire TV, roku, chromecast, etc.. the exception is android tv and roku built in... but even then I hear it is a lesser experience... for example, I hear that built in roku on TVs doesn't include the headphone out on the remote control option.

I prefer a TV + Chromecast approach, but for most people I would recommend TV + roku... and yes, it is usually worth it to get a streaming device that isn't a game console. the apps tend to be better and more frequently updated, and the video output is often better too for some unknown reason.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I wonder at what point movie production companies are going to start distributing 4K movies in blu-ray or digitally? It would be awesome to watch movies in "XD" resolution in your or your friend's home.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
Wanna give him a good idea. Make another one of those videos of Kisamiagima (prez Nintendo) of your lips saying "ohhhhhh we get you good this time harharhar" then post it LMAO
I've honestly been watching his videos and commenting.... Trying to drop him the hint that I think he can do better....

Tough love....

I think he hates me....

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
yeah, don't go 4k until they are selling 4k with HDR at a good price, right now 1080p is fine, 4k without HDR is a pretty crap step

though major just bought a smart TV I would recommend against that as well... unless it is built in roku or android tv... it is better to have a dumb TV connected to a smart device like a fire TV, roku, chromecast, etc.. the exception is android tv and roku built in... but even then I hear it is a lesser experience... for example, I hear that built in roku on TVs doesn't include the headphone out on the remote control option.

I prefer a TV + Chromecast approach, but for most people I would recommend TV + roku... and yes, it is usually worth it to get a streaming device that isn't a game console. the apps tend to be better and more frequently updated, and the video output is often better too for some unknown reason.
I would tend to agree, although my use case is such that 4k without HDR is still quite attractive. The only thing is, it's increasingly difficult to get non-Smart TVs, and many of the better panels are sold with smart features because of perceived added value. I have smart TV, but I only use one of the features - the youtube app. It's really convenient to just quickly throw a video from my phone onto my TV. For all other "smart" functionality, well... it's directly connected to my desktop PC, so they are essentially pointless. But I couldn't have got as good a panel at as good a price had I not gotten the additional features.

Also, side note. I'm really glad plasmas are no longer king of the market. I can't watch them - I can see the refresh and it gives me migraines. So I for one am really happy that LCD panels have come out ahead!

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I would tend to agree, although my use case is such that 4k without HDR is still quite attractive. The only thing is, it's increasingly difficult to get non-Smart TVs, and many of the better panels are sold with smart features because of perceived added value. I have smart TV, but I only use one of the features - the youtube app. It's really convenient to just quickly throw a video from my phone onto my TV. For all other "smart" functionality, well... it's directly connected to my desktop PC, so they are essentially pointless. But I couldn't have got as good a panel at as good a price had I not gotten the additional features.

Also, side note. I'm really glad plasmas are no longer king of the market. I can't watch them - I can see the refresh and it gives me migraines. So I for one am really happy that LCD panels have come out ahead!
DAMMIT DD YOU CAUSED THERE DEATH I HOPE YOUR HAPPY!!! WHICH IT SEEMS YOU ARE!!!

EDIT: what a plasma refresh and how do I see it?

DarkDepths

DAMMIT DD YOU CAUSED THERE DEATH I HOPE YOUR HAPPY!!! WHICH IT SEEMS YOU ARE!!!

EDIT: what a plasma refresh and how do I see it?
I don't know if you can see it. But I mean I can see the screen flicker. This was apparently a problem that affected very small portion of viewers, so they apparently fixed it in newer panels. But I can still see it and it really strains my eyes.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
@juegosmajicos More Prince:

Most media focused on WMGGW from that show, as did I*, but the opening medley has some casually effing rip-shit guitar on it.

[*It was literally the first thing I thought of. I've always remembered that solo vividly. Most RnR HoF things are jams. That one was more organized, and Prince took it to another level. Not that it's the hottest solo I've ever heard; it simply fit that moment.]
and now for no reason at all... basic music theory

so for some reason I couldn't stop thinking about basic music theory, so I'm going to tech it to all of you guys lol

so first off, you guys know what notes are, and have heard the terms flat and sharp, but did you know that a flat note is the same exact note as the previous full notes sharp? meaning a D# (D sharp) and an Eb (e flat) are the same note. the note that falls between a D and an E.... when you write sheet music, the #/b notes don't even get their own space, just the corresponding symbol next to the existing WHOLE note.

there are exactly 12 notes in music, 7 of which are whole notes, notes beyond those original 12 are different octaves of the original 12...

not all whole notes has a #/b between them, and this is HUGELY important to scale theory

remember again these are the WHOLE notes

A B C D E F G

there is no H, etc.. if you go past G you go to a different octave of A.... the enxt octave is always 12 notes past the original... which is why the 12th fret on a guitar is designated with 2 dots instead of 1, or sometimes with a special design... the 12th fret is the next octave of that string... the 6th string of a guitar is an e string, if you play the string open it produces an E.... if you hold down the 12th fret and play that string it produces the next octave.. also an E, but a higher pitched E

but if there are 7 whole notes, and the #/b falls betweene ach whole note, than why aren't their 14 total notes?

because soem whole notes don't have sharps, and some do not have flats.... after B you go right to C, so there is no B# or Cb.... after E you go right to F, so there is no E# or Fb

so here is every note

A
A#/Bb
B
C
C#/Db
D
D#/Eb
E
F
F#/Gb
G
G#/Ab

and then it returns to A

if that patern looks a little familiar to you, it is because you are thinking of piano keys... on a piano, the white keys are all whole notes, and the black keys are flats/sharps... no you know why there isn't a black key between every white key... and as such, using this pattern you can identify the notes on a keyboard.

now, remember when I said that the notes without flats and sharps are hugely important to scales? here is why

there are 7 primary scales (hmm and there are 7 whole notes... strange)

each scale is based on the order of whole notes starting and ending on the key note (the note the scale is based on)

here are the 7 primary scales, which are called modes

Ionian (also known as Major) which is based on C
Dorian which is based on D
Phrygian which is based on E
Lydian which is based on F
Mixolydian which is based on G
Aeolian (also known as Minor) which is based on A
Locrian which is based on B

so a C Ionian, or C Major as it is more commonly known is simply C D E F G A B C... but a D Major wont be all whole notes, it will be based on the note pattern starting with C

so here is a major pattern

the C represents the root note, a whole step is 2 spaces, a half step is one... there is a whole step between C and D, a whole step between D and E, a half step between E and F, a whole step between F and G, a whole step between G and A, a whole step between A and B, and a half step back to the root C from B

so here is how we label the notes in minor using r for root (the first note), w for whole step, and h for half step
RWWHWWWH

so lets apply that to E... essentially making an E Major scale

1. R
2. W
3. W
4. H
5. W
6. W
7. W
8. H (the next octave of R)

1. R is E
2. then we make a whole step to (2 notes) F#/Gb (remember that there is no sharp/flat between E and F)
3. another whole step to G#/Ab
4. a half step to A
5. a whole step to B
6. a whole step to C#/Db (remember that there is no sharp/flat between B and C)
7. a whole step to D#/Eb
8. a half step to E, the next octave of the root

that is it... an E Major scale is
E, F#/Gb, G#/Ab, A, B, C#/Db, D#/Eb, E

so now you can figure out all 12 scales of all 7 modes... that is 84 scales at your fingertips... just from knowing which notes do not have a sharp/flat between them

and now I pass it to Mike to teach you how you use scales to create chords and arpeggios, and then the pentatonic scale
You may know more about theory than I do! I've been trying to make myself less of a stupid guitar player as of late, with mixed results. So of what you mentioned with your last sentence, I guess we'll start with chords. To make a major chord, you take the root/tonic of the key you're in, then add a major third and fifth. The easiest way to see this in action on a guitar in standard tuning (E-A-D-G-B-E) is to look at an E chord.

Now, you already covered the whole and half steps of the major scale in the key of E:
E, F#, Ab, A, B, C#, Eb
(For those keeping score at home, you're assigning a number, 1-7 for each step/degree of the scale. E would equal 1, while A would equal 4. But this being "formal" theory, you'd use Roman numerals.)

So, back to that standard-tuned guitar. You already have the root on your high and low strings, E. The B string acts as your perfect fifth. So now you look at your standard major chord shape:

On the A string at the second fret, you're also playing the fifth (B). On the D string at the second fret, you're playing the root (E). On the G string at the first fret, you're playing the third (G#/Ab).

That's all there is to it. When you are taught basic barre chords, it's so that your index finger acts as the nut of the guitar. You move the same shape up and down the guitar neck, so the formula for making a major chord is always the same.

With a minor chord, you're only changing the third. Instead of a major third, you play a minor third.

"But I thought the third degree was Ab?"
And you're right...in the E major scale. The E minor scale is:
E, F#, G, A, B, C, D
[EDIT: The intervals of the minor scale are: W, H, W, W, H, W, W]

The third of the minor scale is a G-note. Thus your basic E-minor chord is:

You've swapped the Ab note for the G. Same rule as above, and you've got a barre chord you can play all up and down the neck with the chord formula staying the same, simply transposed to different keys as you ascend and descend the neck. Thanks, tempered tuning!

If you want to play a "power" chord (which are technically neither major nor minor), you only play the root and fifth (you can toss the octave in if you want a fuller sound, I do). If you want more exotic sounding chords, you only need to consult their formula and apply it to the scale of the key you're composing in. For instance, a "suspended" chord omits the third degree of the scale, and subs in a perfect fourth (or major second). Rewind back to the E major scale:
E, F#, Ab, A, B, C#, Eb

Thus an E suspended fourth looks like so:

We've added an "A" note (the fourth or IV), and voila.

========================

Now, backtracking a bit, you touched on modes of the major scale:

Ionian (or Major)
Dorian
Phrygian
Lydian
Mixolydian
Aeolian (or Relative Minor)
Locrian

So Western scales are simply seven "steps." We use "whole" and "half" intervals in Western music. The major scale's intervals are:
whole, whole, half, whole, whole, whole, half

This works really easily on a piano in the key of C.

Alright, so there's Major/Ionian. You wanna play Dorian mode? You simply start on the II, or D note in the scale. And you will start on the second interval before starting over. Thus the interval pattern is:

whole, half, whole, whole, whole, half, whole

[D-E-F-G-A-B-C]

"...so, what's the point? You're playing the same notes, just starting on a different one."

Yes, you're right. If you were to play D Dorian mode in the key of C major, no one is really going to notice the difference. Where the action occurs is when you take those D Dorian notes and play them in the key of D-minor, where D would be your root/tonic.

So, if you're a guitar player, the easiest place to play D Dorian would be to start at the 10th fret on the low E string. See the notes below:

Again, your notes are: D-E-F-G-A-B-C

If you wanted to simplify that into a "note box" for guitar, it would look like this:

And yay for tempered tuning, because you can also move that box up and down the neck, similar to how you can move barre chords up and down the neck. So long as the key is minor, you can move that box up and down the neck and play Dorian mode. You are now playing modally, and are smarter than 95% of guitar players walking the planet.

Last edited:

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Damn.

Perhaps I'll only do one character now and save the other for some rainy day.

I want to like it, but it just ain't grabbing me. Same deal with Freedom Planet I got in the Humble Bundle, I should like it a lot more than I do, but FP also ain't grabbing me.
I'd say finish up with Momohime, and put it on Shura if you haven't already; it'll make the combat more of an occasion, and you'll actually have to use the food boosts. In some ways, that's really the meat of the RPG-ness of the game: craft your swords and get your food boost, then light it up with the combat and admire the backdrops. The level design exists pretty much only to be the serving plate for the good stuff.
@EvilTw1n you ever play Odin Sphere?
I had pretty well moved on to Wii, unfortunately. I "played" it for like 45 minutes, thought "that looks neat and I'll come back to it," then played a bunch of Zelda and never did. If my PS2 didn't sound like a leafblower about to explode, I'd have played it by now. The last time I booted up Gran Turismo 4, I thought my apartment was gonna catch on fire.
That's my personal favorite brand of TV. Both my LGs have been boss and I'll continue to stick with them. Nice buy Major
I've only got a measly little 32" LG, 720p no less. But I bought two flatscreens and took them back before settling on that LG. The others (one Samsung, one store brand) had absolutely nothing on the LG. I bought it on the advice of @NintendoMan and haven't looked back.

GamingFreak1988

The Platformer Guru
i heard about odin sphere. I remember hearing about the absolutely horrendous frame rate at times on it's original ps2 release. Which caused me to avoid it after searching other games the developer did....

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I'd say finish up with Momohime, and put it on Shura if you haven't already; it'll make the combat more of an occasion, and you'll actually have to use the food boosts. In some ways, that's really the meat of the RPG-ness of the game: craft your swords and get your food boost, then light it up with the combat and admire the backdrops. The level design exists pretty much only to be the serving plate for the good stuff.

I had pretty well moved on to Wii, unfortunately. I "played" it for like 45 minutes, thought "that looks neat and I'll come back to it," then played a bunch of Zelda and never did. If my PS2 didn't sound like a leafblower about to explode, I'd have played it by now. The last time I booted up Gran Turismo 4, I thought my apartment was gonna catch on fire.

I've only got a measly little 32" LG, 720p no less. But I bought two flatscreens and took them back before settling on that LG. The others (one Samsung, one store brand) had absolutely nothing on the LG. I bought it on the advice of @NintendoMan and haven't looked back.
Size doesn't matter.......you got the right brand my man:mlaugh:

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite

the smart factor didn't play into the decision, the price was right and my old tv died. i agree that smart tv's aren't the way to go, especially when basically every box you can plug into a tv these days provides those features.

that said, i like it. something about the TV itself being connected without any other devices needed tickles my fancy.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
So, here's the scoop:

I'm memorizing a spoof of the Brady Bunch Theme, the lyrics for The Love Boat theme, as well as Summer Nights from Grease, and locking down lines. What could I possibly be getting myself into? My name is apparently Michael Jordan O'Brien, a big screw up FIB who is also a Bears fan, loves off-roading in his truck, and wants to get laid every chance he gets. He's not even the Best Man for his Brother's wedding, who is marrying this gal because he knocked her up while attending Pharmacy School. Michael Jordan's own family just barely invited him to the wedding, and gave him one job to hold onto the rings, which he loses at some point. He also at one time microwaved the christmas stockings, and set his grandmother's wig on fire while she was still wearing it. Oh, and did I tell you that the Bride is a full 9 months pregnant, and is expected to go into labor during the course of the wedding?

This is probably the most fucked up wedding ever written... :msrs:

theMightyME

the smart factor didn't play into the decision, the price was right and my old tv died. i agree that smart tv's aren't the way to go, especially when basically every box you can plug into a tv these days provides those features.

that said, i like it. something about the TV itself being connected without any other devices needed tickles my fancy.
I figured... the problem with smart TVs is that the apps and market place are almost never updated... the good smart TVs have an existing standard built in... vizios new sets have google cats built in and come with a tablet for casting.. roku and google have also licensed their respective streaming boxes to several TV makers who make android TV sets or roku TV sets.. those are basically TV sets with the functionality of those devices built in, as such they are updated and such just as the regular hardware is... often times, like in your case, the price is right regardless of the inclusion of smart features... I almost got one myself for the same reason, but the model I got ended up being $20 cheaper and had a headphone out (essential for me) it ended up costing me more to add a chromecast, but the headphone out was important for my needs... and I would have gotten something else like a chromecast or roku anyways... chromecast isn't for everyone though.. it confuses the hell out of some people, but I LOVE it.

theMightyME

So, here's the scoop:

I'm memorizing a spoof of the Brady Bunch Theme, the lyrics for The Love Boat theme, as well as Summer Nights from Grease, and locking down lines. What could I possibly be getting myself into? My name is apparently Michael Jordan O'Brien, a big screw up FIB who is also a Bears fan, loves off-roading in his truck, and wants to get laid every chance he gets. He's not even the Best Man for his Brother's wedding, who is marrying this gal because he knocked her up while attending Pharmacy School. Michael Jordan's own family just barely invited him to the wedding, and gave him one job to hold onto the rings, which he loses at some point. He also at one time microwaved the christmas stockings, and set his grandmother's wig on fire while she was still wearing it. Oh, and did I tell you that the Bride is a full 9 months pregnant, and is expected to go into labor during the course of the wedding?

This is probably the most fucked up wedding ever written... :msrs:
never watched Game of Thrones?

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
I'll be honest. The Red Wedding wasn't surprising or shocking to me at all when I read it. Nor did I give a shit.

Hard to give a shit about characters I don't give a shit about. Which is sad because they were more likeable characters in ASOIAF than in Fevre Dream. Where there was a grand total of 1. And even that's stretching it.

praisegrima

theMightyME

I'll be honest. The Red Wedding wasn't surprising or shocking to me at all when I read it. Nor did I give a shit.

Hard to give a shit about characters I don't give a shit about. Which is sad because they were more likeable characters in ASOIAF than in Fevre Dream. Where there was a grand total of 1. And even that's stretching it.

praisegrima
do you watch the show... while a lot of the book elitists say the show isn't as good, the red wedding stuff seems to be more potent with fans of the show than the book... the same thing for the mountain versus the viper.. not a big deal in the book, it personally wrecked me on the show.. thanks largely to pedro pascal's performance throughout the season... with the red wedding it was caitlan stark's that made it so painful, her pained howl at the end, or even the slap at the very moment she realized something was up... then Arya trying desperately to get in and being pulled back by the hound I know people who read the books and watched the show, and most of them think it was FAR more powerful on the show... the only complaint the show seems to get on that scene is that the whole bread at the table thing wasn't explained

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
I figured... the problem with smart TVs is that the apps and market place are almost never updated... the good smart TVs have an existing standard built in... vizios new sets have google cats built in and come with a tablet for casting.. roku and google have also licensed their respective streaming boxes to several TV makers who make android TV sets or roku TV sets.. those are basically TV sets with the functionality of those devices built in, as such they are updated and such just as the regular hardware is... often times, like in your case, the price is right regardless of the inclusion of smart features... I almost got one myself for the same reason, but the model I got ended up being $20 cheaper and had a headphone out (essential for me) it ended up costing me more to add a chromecast, but the headphone out was important for my needs... and I would have gotten something else like a chromecast or roku anyways... chromecast isn't for everyone though.. it confuses the hell out of some people, but I LOVE it.
my tv did update with 300 mb of who knows what, but i don't know how often to expect that. i'm just using it as a display anyways though. i've got a bluetooth computer hooked up to it, so its functionality tosses all those features in the water as far as i'm concerned.

it would be nice to have more HDMI ports though. i may have to invest in a splitter if i decide i want to add more devices down the road.

in fact, i think that'll be my next add-on

theMightyME

my tv did update with 300 mb of who knows what, but i don't know how often to expect that. i'm just using it as a display anyways though. i've got a bluetooth computer hooked up to it, so its functionality tosses all those features in the water as far as i'm concerned.

it would be nice to have more HDMI ports though. i may have to invest in a splitter if i decide i want to add more devices down the road.

in fact, i think that'll be my next add-on
I bought a splitter, and it stopped working after like 3 weeks, ugh, pissed me off

AutisAwsome

AKA FloppyPony. I am on twitter and facebook to :3
HEY GUYS! :D I don't want to make a big deal out of it coz I don't want to make it sound like I don't have fun on this forum I LOVE THIS FORUM! :p But I have been working on my own gaming forum recently and I would like to share it with you. Even if you don't wanna join I would really appreciate it if you told people who you think might be interested. Thanks a lot guys ;)

http://wordponggetalong.forumotion.co.uk/

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Here's an article Menashe shared on Facebook that some journalist wrote about EGLX. Made me jelly that I didn't go, but I'll go next year for sure.
http://www.goombastomp.com/blog/what-is-eglx/

"The notion that gaming culture is insular and gamers are inherently antisocial should have gone extinct with wired console controllers – but it hasn’t. The most exciting aspect of EGLX is how the event shines a spotlight on gaming culture and illuminates a healthy, highly socialized, thriving community. Familial bonds are routinely cultivated online amidst Call of Duty matches, and many lifelong friendships were solidified on tattered old couches during Goldeneye death matches.

Gamers hold the same controllers; use on the same hardware, and play games written in the same code. Fighting through the same cyber-trenches transforms gamers all across the globe into a battle-tested band of brothers and sisters. I’m looking forward to coming back to EGLX and participating in an event that places gaming culture’s finest aspects up on a pedestal for the world to see."

DarkDepths

If you didn't click on Google's doodle from Saturday, shame on you. Seriously, you gotta read up on the subject of that doodle, Claude Shannon.

http://www.newyorker.com/tech/eleme...e-father-of-the-information-age-turns-1100100
It's always interesting to me how we look back on some accomplishments. People would say that, had Einstein never existed, someone else would have eventually come up with general relativity. We can think of it as the convergence of multiple tech trees, if you'd like, and a required tech for further branching trees.

I feel like the same is true of the work of Shannon. However, I don't think Shannon's work was nearly as difficult as Einsteins. He is often credited as the father of the information age, and inventor of the bit. I certainly don't mean to take away from his work, but in many cases he was building on already very solid work - primarily that of George Boole who had laid out the necessary maths 100 years earlier.

Some of his most enduring work is actually really intuitive, as well, and it's hard to think that we would gone much longer without someone do the same. A very popular outcome of his work is the Nyquist-Shannon Sampling Theorem, and it's mind numbingly easy to understand - if you have a radio wave and you want to measure it's amplitude periodicly such that you can recreate the entire wave, you need to take measurements with more than twice the frequency of the wave. It's super simple. There is maths and proofs that take work and solidify this, but the idea is so simple!

I guess what makes Shannon special was just how prolific he was. As I mentioned, the maths for information theory had been sussed out 100 years earlier. Circuit design was also already thing by the time Shannon came around. One of his big achievements was simply (hah), recognizing that these two fields could be brought together, that Boolean algebra could mathematically model a complex circuit. These two tech trees converged and it's only because of that, that we have... basically everything we have today.

I find this interesting because it always makes me wonder, what trees are currently waiting to converge, but have yet to be seen. History shows that these are often simple ideas with powerful results. Shannon took circuit design into a brand new generation because of a realization he made while thinking about the local telephonews switches. I wonder what will converge next and let us branch uncontrollably yet again? It's crazy to think, but things like time travel, or ftl travel, or anti-gravity devices could (if physically possible) just be decades away - all it could take is the right person staring at something none of the rest of us have ever thought to look at.

I find that exciting, and that is my primary motivation for being curious. Not because I want to be the next Shannon, or Einstein, but because I could be, and every person who participates increases the probability of something incredible happening.

Shoulder

I'm just going to leave this here, everyone:

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/4hai8u/underappreciated_or_overlooked_animated_movies/

I cannot tell you how strong the feels were to read all the different animated movies I watched as a kid on that list from Fern Gully, to Basil the Great Mouse Detective, Once Upon a Forest, Titan AE, and of course...The Brave Little Toaster. I also was reminded of Rescusers Down Under, and proceeded to watch a clip of the movie. The feels, the chills, and the accelerated heartrate were real.

I have to find a way to watch all of these again. I will fucking buy them if I have to, but I have to watch them. Also would be nice to watch The Arisocats, 101 Dalmatians, American Tail and its sequel, Fievel Goes West while I'm at it.

*looks at Blu-Ray collection*

I also have Phantasia, Pinnochio, Sleeping Beauty, and Snow White to watch. I've never even watched my copies of those.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
This guy Hugh I work(ed) with...

Friday night he blew his wife away at a McDonald's and then killed himself in front of their kid.

Whoooooa Hugh slow it down bud..

New CoD trailer. I stopped caring about the series awhile ago, but I'm not gonna lie, the space setting and the fact you play on asteroids, planets, space stations, etc, make me want to try it.

Although, it'll probably be shit

Single player has never interested me, and IW's record in multiplayer has been forever tarnished for a while.
Though I still am interested in seeing what they do in that mode, given the setting of what they are doing.

Single player has never interested me, and IW's record in multiplayer has been forever tarnished for a while.
Though I still am interested in seeing what they do in that mode, given the setting of what they are doing.
We'll pick up the Wii U version and see for ourselves.

edit: Also: http://www.destructoid.com/the-mode...t-be-bought-as-a-standalone-game-358833.phtml

Modern Warfare remaster is only for the more expensive editions of Infinite Warfare. Unless they change their mind down the road.

I think @Shoulder might be upset at this?

Shoulder

We'll pick up the Wii U version and see for ourselves.

edit: Also: http://www.destructoid.com/the-mode...t-be-bought-as-a-standalone-game-358833.phtml

Modern Warfare remaster is only for the more expensive editions of Infinite Warfare. Unless they change their mind down the road.

I think @Shoulder might be upset at this?
Given how well received COD4 is among gamers (Hell, I love it as well), it's no surprise that Acitivsion is bundling it with Infinite Warfare. It might entice gamers to purchase Infinite Warfare, which probably means they totally have faith in the game. Bundling COD4 with Infinite Warfare was clearly...a marketing decision.

And to answer your quesiton directly: no, not really. I haven't bought a COD game since Ghosts, so I've missed out on Blops 3, and AW, so maybe IW will be a good game...although the last game IW did was Ghosts, and we definitely had some issues with the game. Hmmm...

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Given how well received COD4 is among gamers (Hell, I love it as well), it's no surprise that Acitivsion is bundling it with Infinite Warfare. It might entice gamers to purchase Infinite Warfare, which probably means they totally have faith in the game. Bundling COD4 with Infinite Warfare was clearly...a marketing decision.

And to answer your quesiton directly: no, not really. I haven't bought a COD game since Ghosts, so I've missed out on Blops 3, and AW, so maybe IW will be a good game...although the last game IW did was Ghosts, and we definitely had some issues with the game. Hmmm...
People might love Helicopter killstreak stacking less than they remember.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
@Shoulder Seriously I do think Modern Warfare was pretty balanced except for that one thing. Really all it needed was a lock-on rocket launcher to negate the Heli, because the RPG-7 is pretty hard to use accurately.

Shoulder

@Shoulder Seriously I do think Modern Warfare was pretty balanced except for that one thing. Really all it needed was a lock-on rocket launcher to negate the Heli, because the RPG-7 is pretty hard to use accurately.
I think you should join the dark side of gaming and get a PS4, so we can all play classic COD like we used to with Ghosts. Well, better than saying go join the green side. That just doesn't work...

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I think you should join the dark side of gaming and get a PS4, so we can all play classic COD like we used to with Ghosts. Well, better than saying go join the green side. That just doesn't work...
Hitting the green side is right... for my wallet. Once that happens, I'll definitely get one at some point because the system's becoming too appealing. Only thing I hate to think about is paying for PS+. Free games and all, it will still end up being more expensive than just waiting for discounts on the games I actually want to play on PC.

having a team pop out their RPGs and shoot 4 or 5 rockets in the air simultaneously was pretty damn funny.
Also totally agree, how the game is nostalgia bait is mind-boggling, given (at least on the IW side) little has changed mechanically and the killstreak imbalance.
Maybe things will be different.

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
Hitting the green side is right... for my wallet. Once that happens, I'll definitely get one at some point because the system's becoming too appealing. Only thing I hate to think about is paying for PS+. Free games and all, it will still end up being more expensive than just waiting for discounts on the games I actually want to play on PC.
One of your threads was bumped on the other site. Belly dancing in Zelda outfit or whatever. LMAO
This chick in a Midna outfit belly dancing. Yum yum yum

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
One of your threads was bumped on the other site. Belly dancing in Zelda outfit or whatever. LMAO
This chick in a Midna outfit belly dancing. Yum yum yum
Someone out there is intent on exposing my perverted side. The joke's on them, I've never hid the fact that I'm a perv.

I just think it's silly to flaunt it like it's a badge.