The Great CT - Community Thread

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
We asked who would make the next WiiU CT on the other site and this is what one of the mod's said

I'm just going to jump to conclusions and assume the worst.

The mods have gone crazy with power and have secretly let the Vesti select the next CT maker.

We must revolt now while we still have the chance.
Yup this is totally it. The Wii U Lobby mods have communicated with the Vesti crowd. The Wii U Lobby needs some of that Vesti Blood, so they searched for the user with the most bans. Someone with flavor, someone...

Nah just kidding.

In reality speaking, there was originally going to be a Smash Bros tournament, but plans were altered. The Smash Bros Tourney was made as an alternative to the lottery. That was during the days when the CT was very busy, like one or two CTs per month. Nowadays, the CT is much slower, therefore there is less interest in doing a Smash Bros Tourney. And those tournaments do take A LOT of work, something that's not really worth it in my opinion. They are fun to watch, but with gathering users & characters, then finding time to record those matches individually, upload them, and then post each match at an appropriate time in the CT, is a rather tasking experience.

The Wii U CT is a unique community, and in the past (and today), making a CT is a big deal to some folks. I personally, ViolentRain, will be in fact making the next CT.

While some folks around here may not be fond of that decision, or question how the decision was made. It's simple. The Wii U Mod team always monitors the Wii U Lobby, including the CT, and the Mod Team understands the CT. The users who post in the CT and/or Lobby, are all valued. We participate in different discussions near daily, and are always there when things get a little bumpy (eg: The Nintendo Meeting News of Last Week). There may be some disagreements here and there, but this is a community. The next CT I'm looking to make the community even stronger, more unified. And also to mention it, it was a majority decision to get me to make the next CT. So it's not like I stole the ball and ran with it.

As for how the future of the CTs will be handled. We are open to different ideas. They just have to work effectively that's all. And the speed of the CT is also a huge variable. If this CT is able to speed up to the point it's one new CT a month, there will likely be some more activities in place. And of course the users who haven't made a CT yet who do have interest in making one. They haven't been forgotten.

;)

Usually we do a tournament or voting of some sort. But they changed it.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I think we all just decided Matty should make this one when the time came.... I honestly don't remember if we voted or not....

A fight to the death might be in order for the next choosing of the chosen one....

My Kirk is strong....

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
A death fight would be cool.

This place is smaller so it's more understandable. But that place has its history of how things are done.
That history is so new, though. When we left, they were barely on the second CT, and the first one had been around for many years. At some point they decided they needed to make a new one every 10,000 posts (I heard that it's useful for making it load more quickly, but I don't know the specifics of it and have never heard it again so I don't even know), and then for some reason it was a different user and different name each time. That seemed strange to me when it started, and it seemed even more strange to me how that place suddenly started churning out the threads like once a month because the members of the community were using it like a chat now. When this site started, the CT over in IGN moved at the pace that this one moves now, more or less. Man, I'd hate to see this CT pick up speed and its messages become more like chat posts. Thankfully that shouldn't happen as long as we have the chatango box.

Anyway, I guess what I'm ranting about is that maybe it does suck for you guys that you don't get to pick who makes the CT anymore, but it could be very good that the pace of your CT is slowing down a little bit.

And now I'm wondering what's going to happen when IGN makes new NX boards and leaves the Wii U boards behind. Will that place get filled with teenagers again, and those that got older since the release of the 3DS and Wii U will flee to different boards and complain about all the new people that made the NX boards a place that they don't recognize, the way we complain about what the Wii U and 3DS boards became 5 or so years ago?

BobSilencieux

So this past weekend was a first: having owned a Wii U since 2012, I finally got to play some 4- and 5-player Nintendoland. And it was a hell of a lot of fun, actually. However it does make me slightly sad for the years of missed opportunities with the Wii U in general. Where were all the other fantastic multiplayer games / party games / dual gamepad games? Heck, where was the audience to make such things worth investing in?

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
So, I did the new Humble Friends of Nintendo Bundle today. I'll end up with some extra codes at the end that I would be more than happy to post here for a first-come, first-served basis. Or if there is a specific game on the list that you'd like, feel free to PM me, and if that's one of the ones we aren't keeping, it's yours.

So this past weekend was a first: having owned a Wii U since 2012, I finally got to play some 4- and 5-player Nintendoland. And it was a hell of a lot of fun, actually. However it does make me slightly sad for the years of missed opportunities with the Wii U in general. Where were all the other fantastic multiplayer games / party games / dual gamepad games? Heck, where was the audience to make such things worth investing in?
Nintendoland and Bumpie's Party are some of the most entertaining nights with friends I've had in a long time

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
That history is so new, though. When we left, they were barely on the second CT, and the first one had been around for many years. At some point they decided they needed to make a new one every 10,000 posts (I heard that it's useful for making it load more quickly, but I don't know the specifics of it and have never heard it again so I don't even know), and then for some reason it was a different user and different name each time. That seemed strange to me when it started, and it seemed even more strange to me how that place suddenly started churning out the threads like once a month because the members of the community were using it like a chat now. When this site started, the CT over in IGN moved at the pace that this one moves now, more or less. Man, I'd hate to see this CT pick up speed and its messages become more like chat posts. Thankfully that shouldn't happen as long as we have the chatango box.

Anyway, I guess what I'm ranting about is that maybe it does suck for you guys that you don't get to pick who makes the CT anymore, but it could be very good that the pace of your CT is slowing down a little bit.

And now I'm wondering what's going to happen when IGN makes new NX boards and leaves the Wii U boards behind. Will that place get filled with teenagers again, and those that got older since the release of the 3DS and Wii U will flee to different boards and complain about all the new people that made the NX boards a place that they don't recognize, the way we complain about what the Wii U and 3DS boards became 5 or so years ago?
It's 15,000 posts, and it has to do with a coding error, if memory serves.

The speed of the CT's been a whole lot slower for about a year now, ever since we lost a couple of regulars.

We've never really been able to "pick" who made the CT, as it's always been up to the mods' discretion - it just so happened that the mods decided to use a RNG lottery to pick a "winner" for every new thread. I think the reason they decided to go this route instead of the usual is that they want to be 100% sure that a new CT is ready to go around the time of E3, as discussion tends to go at 100MPH during that week regardless of how many people are actually in the thread.

grimabepraised

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I am seriously considered re-purchasing Black Ops II to play with some local friends...Save me TNE.
Was thinking of getting it back myself so I could capture the campain.... Stupid PS3 has the encrypted HDMI singal, so I can't capture PS3....

But I can with Wii U.... So I have been thinking of getting it again just for that....

Sucks doe, I already have BOII and all the DLC on PS3.... Stupid SONY....

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
So I had mentioned the other day that on the other site the mods decided to disregard the rules and traditions of the next WiiU CT creator. And a mod claimed the CT for him self cause he had something "special planned and wants to increase users for the CT. But he crossed the lines and broke rules and said it was a "majority decision" amoung the mods. Yet that is not how it's been done in the past. Normally it's a lottery or a Smash of some sort. And to top it off it was going to be his 2nd CT. Another rule he broke is that once you post a CT, you don't get another.
So a few of us were annoyed. So I called a Town Meeting of about 25 users to discuss and see what we could do.

I made the PM to see everyone's reactions behind closed doors. And I never meant for it to spill onto the CT itself. Well of course it did.
And after a day and night of discussing and going back and forth last night another mod came in the CT and said that the decision will stand. Even though the decision was not communicated with the actual fucking community. So at that point I gave up. And didn't even look in the PM nor the CT again. I was through with that. And so I finally decided to check the PM Town Meeting I had created and low and behold the mod in question decided for the greater good he a would let the community decide the next CT would be done in the traditional way.

This is a big victory for that community. Cause those mods there broke the rules and traditions that have been in place for quite some time.
Glad everything I tried wasn't in vain. Just get tired and worn out with some of the bullshit that goes on over there. But i don't want to lay down and continue to get fucked over.
A rare victory that's for sure. I'm glad you guys are more laid back here. But I'll always bounce back and forth between both boards. I have too many friends there and I like being around you all as well.

"They've got their weapons to solve all their questions, they don't know what it's for
Why can't they see it's not power, just greed, to just want more and more?

I got a plan and it's here in my hand but it's all made of rights
We're the enforcers, the sorcerer's orphans, and we know why we fight

You've got that right!!!!"

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
Thanks man. I appreciate that. I just had to, or else no one would have stepped up and they would have just conformed and accepted their fate.
Not me. Fuck that. I tried and tried and tried. And I couldn't do it on my own. So I called the Town Meeting and a lot of users came through for that community.

TNE is more like a vacation or a 2nd home in Acaupulco or something for me. I'm glad it's relaxed here and more chill. So that's why I'll be bouncing back and forth.
~Ign for fighting the good fight and not to leave my friends behind.
~TNE for a vacation and to check my 2nd home and to meet new friends.

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
@thekiller7 So why is it so important to you guys whether the CT is created by you or by a mod?
Tradition is that it's random. And no one can do it twice. The mod just took control. It should be up to the actual community, not just a high council of 5 people.
Since that CT moves extremely slow there's only 2-4 a year so it's a bigger honor to to be the host.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
At some point, no matter where, when a few people decide for the majority, and the majority decides that is a bad idea, but the few decide they don't care and will persue it anyway....

People will rise up and speak for what they believe....

Be that on a message forum and any other damn thing imo....

This world is filled with two kinds of folks imo, those who care, and those who care less....

So often times the burden of truth is put upon the shoulders of the folks who give a shit, leaving them to convince everyone else that what's right is right....

And that what's right is worth fighting for....

It is a burden I've had to bear quite often over the years, so I completely understand why people do stuff like speak up when nobody else will....

I do it all the time....

Last edited:

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
Was thinking of getting it back myself so I could capture the campain.... Stupid PS3 has the encrypted HDMI singal, so I can't capture PS3....

But I can with Wii U.... So I have been thinking of getting it again just for that....

Sucks doe, I already have BOII and all the DLC on PS3.... Stupid SONY....
i'm grabbing gta5 on pc right now... fyi

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
So I've only been single for about a month and a half. And I went on this date with this girl that I dated a couple of times last month. Now she wants to commit and all this crazy shit.
We had fun tonight no doubt, and it was wild, but damn.... Now I miss not talking/messing with anyone.
Why do I feel this way?

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Good for you, @thekiller7 .Seriously, good on you for stepping up and doing what is right. The interwebs might be treated as the Wild West at times, but thats not to say it is impossible for people to come together and stand for what they think is right.

But I get where you're coming from. Mods coming and trying to abuse their power, and/or doing things that is out of their power. I should know. @FriedShoes has tried banning me from the Chat on numerous occasions, but fails every time because we are both equals. He's definitely not feeling it when it is Reyn time.

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
Damn.... Just realized I post in 4 different CTs on the Internet.
This one on TNE
The WiiU one on the other site
Another hidden one with like 5 people on the other site
And a PM-AntiCT me and a few created on the other site through a PM that's grown to 11 users.

But that's ok. I like to bounce around. This the only thing I do on the Internet.
No Facebook
No instagraming
No Snappychatty
No Tweeting.

Machet don't tweet.