The Great CT - Community Thread

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
Well my computer at work doesn't even work. They use the cheapest shittiest piece of shit old ass dell laptops and the computer will only do this black screen of cycle of death over and over again.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Anytime I see someone mistakenly enter into the construction zone, I am always reminded of this because I practically shout it out sometimes. Always hopeful someone will eventually get the reference...

EDIT: Wrong video. Smh...

GamingFreak1988

The Platformer Guru
I haven't touched splatoon in like a long while actually. I've almost been entirely just vs racing the cpu's on kart 8 lately when i have the wii u on.Still don't miss how unbalanced wii was. aggressive on 8 is less of a cluster fuck that wii's normal item balance was. wii on aggressive.. :/ yeah several spinies a race constant EVERYTHING powerful spam on tracks where ai would get lots of item boxes.

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
I love him either way.

I gotta another story to tell...brb
(Driving right now.)
******BREAKING NEWS!!!********
He has actually been banned in the amount of time it took me to get home from work just now. This is a sad day indeed.

So back to CyberSai...
I actually like him. But most do not. He brings some weird spice to the boards. And I like it. It's fucking funny to me.

So I PMed him a few years ago... And never replied to me. I kept at it for a while, and it took 2 years of PMing here and there for him to finally reply to me.
Here is what I would typically ask him, and this is an exact quote of my question:

TheKiller7IsDead said:
"why are you so mysterious?
And why don't you reply in your own threads.

Will you at least reply to me?"

And there's the mystery solved in a mysterious answer. But I can't fault him. That's his thing and we are all weird and fucked in some way. I actually commend him.

To this day we continue to PM here and there. But he will only open up to me so much. But I've come to consider him a friend there and it saddens me he is banned again. This is his 2nd ban in the past two weeks. I worry he'll eventually be permaed and/or just leave the boards for good.

Shoulder

******BREAKING NEWS!!!********
He has actually been banned in the amount of time it took me to get home from work just now. This is a sad day indeed.

So back to CyberSai...
I actually like him. But most do not. He brings some weird spice to the boards. And I like it. It's fucking funny to me.

So I PMed him a few years ago... And never replied to me. I kept at it for a while, and it took 2 years of PMing here and there for him to finally reply to me.
Here is what I would typically ask him, and this is an exact quote of my question:

TheKiller7IsDead said:
"why are you so mysterious?
And why don't you reply in your own threads.

Will you at least reply to me?"

And there's the mystery solved in a mysterious answer. But I can't fault him. That's his thing and we are all weird and fucked in some way. I actually commend him.

To this day we continue to PM here and there. But he will only open up to me so much. But I've come to consider him a friend there and it saddens me he is banned again. This is his 2nd ban in the past two weeks. I worry he'll eventually be permaed and/or just leave the boards for good.
IGN's Mods remind me of OSHA, or OCIP even. If they get a whiff that something is not right, they'll have no problem handing out their penalties to parties they feel deserve it.

Around here though? It's like building the Empire State Building back in the day. We just hang out, chill, and give no fucks really, but ultimately we know what needs to be done, and we look out for each other. And if something is not right? We just politely explain the situation and move on. No need to get the switch out and smack everyone's asses around.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
Play with fire, don't be surprised when you get burned....

I've been about half a post away from getting banned on IGN for years now....

They watch my ass like a hawk....

And rightly so.... It's their job to....

But yeah, doesn't surprise me.... Even if I feel it was unwarrented....

Those guys have a job to do.... And we all know how they do it so....

Post with caution if you care about getting banned from IGN, cause if you don't, you just might....

Shoulder

watched the season premiere of Person of Interest.... amazing use of a song I had never heard before from 2005
so perfect for the mood of the scene

such a great show, sad this is the final season
First time I've heard that song, and without context, I can tell that it fits Person of Interest. And speaking of Person of Interest, I'll always remember when they had Massive Attack in the Pilot. I haven't watched POI religiously like some people, but what I have watched from it, it's quite a good show. I started rewatching the first season recently, and maybe I should continue to watch it and catch up from what I missed.

First time I've heard that song, and without context, I can tell that it fits Person of Interest. And speaking of Person of Interest, I'll always remember when they had Massive Attack in the Pilot. I haven't watched POI religiously like some people, but what I have watched from it, it's quite a good show. I started rewatching the first season recently, and maybe I should continue to watch it and catch up from what I missed.

It gets pretty awesome and kinda ridiculous.
I didnt even realize the final season premiered this week, going to have to catch up.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Due to familial obligations, I've been checking in intermittently. Before Tuesday, I hadn't slept in my own bed since April 10th. Celebrated returning home with a Tombstone pizza and a Negra Modelo.

The luxury of the single life. Living the dream.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
Due to familial obligations, I've been checking in intermittently. Before Tuesday, I hadn't slept in my own bed since April 10th. Celebrated returning home with a Tombstone pizza and a Negra Modelo.

Not gonna lie Mike that sounds like shit

GamingFreak1988

The Platformer Guru
cybersai... nope nope nope where's the brain bleach at for that memory coming back.

Edit: But to be fair i definitely knew that guy but I never liked his threads usually back then i have know clue how he's like now adays though.

Last edited:

Shoulder

It's not just single life though. It's also single occupancy in an apartment. Living alone, while is more expensive, I do generally feel happier, but it also means more responsibilities on top of it all. This week in particular I've been bad at cleaning dishes and in general keeping the place tidy. I also like having a tidy apartment, so that's my personal choice.

I also had drinks last night, so I only got 4.5 hrs of sleep, and it's showing. It's Friday though...

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen

it gets better as it goes, when it starts to go away from episodic numbers and more towards the AI storyline and such... it just keeps getting better

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
person of interest always uses great music

I think I have broken it down to 3 key sounds

fuzz distortion
cold distance reverb
electric stutter

I think pretty much everything they use has 1 of those 3 elements

really fuzzy distorted guitars/bass/whatever, a reverb effect that sounds live, like old 1950s recordings.. that kind of sound, or techno/industrial stutter effects

Last edited:

EthanGK

The blunder from down under
watched the season premiere of Person of Interest.... amazing use of a song I had never heard before from 2005
so perfect for the mood of the scene

such a great show, sad this is the final season
This band is still going strong. The singer is also the lead singer in a "supergroup" called the Dead Weather formed with members of the White Stripes, Queens of the Stone Age and the Greenhornes. That band has a good sound (being produced by Jack White helps).
She doesn't write very good lyrics (a lot of her songs are just strings of edgy sentences), but I find her voice very sexy and love aggressive instrumentation at gym so I've listened to that band quite a lot.

It's not just single life though. It's also single occupancy in an apartment. Living alone, while is more expensive, I do generally feel happier, but it also means more responsibilities on top of it all. This week in particular I've been bad at cleaning dishes and in general keeping the place tidy. I also like having a tidy apartment, so that's my personal choice.

I also had drinks last night, so I only got 4.5 hrs of sleep, and it's showing. It's Friday though...
As of a week ago I now live alone for the first time (other than a very brief period of living in my car) and I'm loving it, too. I'm gonna love being able to have people over without having to clear it with anyone. My previous roomies made it awkward to invite people over. I'm a clean guy, but I do tend towards messiness so having people over will be a good way to keep me from leaving stuff everywhere.

Last edited:

Shoulder

As of a week ago I now live alone for the first time (other than a very brief period of living in my car) and I'm loving it, too. I'm gonna love being able to have people over without having to clear it with anyone. My previous roomies made it awkward to invite people over. I'm a clean guy, but I do tend towards messiness so having people over will be a good way to keep me from leaving stuff everywhere.
Besides my family, I've never invited anyone over to my place. :(

EthanGK

The blunder from down under
Besides my family, I've never invited anyone over to my place. :(
I'm 20, can't drink and have a job that has pretty much no interaction. Having people over is more important to me than most. Other than my closest friends, it's the only real way of getting people together without everyone ending up wasted.
(18 is the drinking age here, for the record)

BTW Shoulder if I was nearby, I would definitely take that as an invite and come chill out haha.

Real talk, an NE meetup would be pretty rad. Someone get to work on a teleport (if Cubits hasn't made one already).

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Lichdom: Battlemage has a very strange control scheme on controllers. As in certain buttons are mapped to the same action twice over, yet there are game-critical functions that flat out do not have a button equivalent mapped onto them for who the fuck knows the reason.

Still enjoyed myself with it tonight, though.

praisegrima

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
Sexting. Is still a thing.
Now that I'm single again for the past two months I rediscovered the thrill of getting sexts from girls I'm about to go have fun with. Lol

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
I haven't been here a while. Having skimmed through a few of the comments:

I liked CyberSai. His posts are hilarious, also sometimes it's really hard to tell if he's actually trolling or not, despite how obvious it may seem.

Killer7's screenshot seems like a problem with the hard-drive or the motherboard. Speaking about Suda51 stuff, I've been listening to music from No More Heroes and lamenting the fact I can never finish it until I repurchase a Wii, fix my Wii or buy a Wii U. The game has some issues but it's still something I wanna see a third game.

And speaking about the Wii U, I'm thinking whether I should wait till the NX is announced and skip the Wii U together. As long as the NX have backwards compatibility with every Wii U game it's a no-brainer. If it doesn't I'll just be yet again behind the generation. Donkey Kong Country Returns and 3D World are games I must play. I mussst!

I might pop in at odd times here. At the moment I wanna make sure my plans for this year goes without a hitch this time around. Gotta spend the motivation points I have before it fizzles out, and it's gonna be spent getting that collab out of the way for good. 6 years is too long.

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
I haven't been here a while. Having skimmed through a few of the comments:

I liked CyberSai. His posts are hilarious, also sometimes it's really hard to tell if he's actually trolling or not, despite how obvious it may seem.

Killer7's screenshot seems like a problem with the hard-drive or the motherboard. Speaking about Suda51 stuff, I've been listening to music from No More Heroes and lamenting the fact I can never finish it until I repurchase a Wii, fix my Wii or buy a Wii U. The game has some issues but it's still something I wanna see a third game.

And speaking about the Wii U, I'm thinking whether I should wait till the NX is announced and skip the Wii U together. As long as the NX have backwards compatibility with every Wii U game it's a no-brainer. If it doesn't I'll just be yet again behind the generation. Donkey Kong Country Returns and 3D World are games I must play. I mussst!

I might pop in at odd times here. At the moment I wanna make sure my plans for this year goes without a hitch this time around. Gotta spend the motivation points I have before it fizzles out, and it's gonna be spent getting that collab out of the way for good. 6 years is too long.
There's also a PS3 version in HD for NMH1. It's actually really good. No waggle necessary. I don't mind the waggle on the Wii actually but I prefer the PS3 version. Although I think they took a song out or two of the PS3 version. So I have it more for collecting purposes.
I'd buy both if I were you.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
Sexting. Is still a thing.
Now that I'm single again for the past two months I rediscovered the thrill of getting sexts from girls I'm about to go have fun with. Lol
i've learned to despise these hoes. i've given up on finding a decent girl, and i'm talking to my friend about getting gay married for the tax breaks. i think we would have a pretty bad ass life together.

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
i've learned to despise these hoes. i've given up on finding a decent girl, and i'm talking to my friend about getting gay married for the tax breaks. i think we would have a pretty bad ass life together.
I'd marry @akabenjy in a heartbeat. If it were legal in Australia i'd be there already. I'm not gay but I'd be there for him forever. And I kinda am already since we text every day.
I'm planning on moving to Seattle this year and he might move to Vancouver Canada so our Bromance can be closer together.

GamingFreak1988

The Platformer Guru
Man I need a new gpu my 9800 gt is really showing it's age :p i got it for cheap and definitely got my money's with. if my pc wasn't well so limited i probably would've researched something better quite awhile ago.