The Great CT - Community Thread

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
@TheAmazingLSB

I'm sorry to hear that you dad passed away, I know how close y'all were and I got to meet the man one time on WiiUChat. It will be something we all have to endure at some point stay strong. I'll continue to pray for you and your family.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I dont see whats so funny about it, there's some more good "Jesus face-palming at his apostles" content following the resurrection. I know the heathen's bible reads as Genesis, Gospel and Revelation though, so I won't harp on that.

I will harp on the Heaven is for Real guy being behind it, granted I havent seen that one so I can't say much about its quality.
"Mining for money", the guy obviously has strong feelings about the faith, doesnt seem like he is in it to make quick bucks
I was laughing because I thought it was a joke at first, given the clip I embedded of the fake trailer from Family Guy. FG was the first thing I thought of when I saw that, so I laughed...

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I was laughing because I thought it was a joke at first, given the clip I embedded of the fake trailer from Family Guy. FG was the first thing I thought of when I saw that, so I laughed...
This is what I expected....

@TheAmazingLSB

I'm sorry to hear that you dad passed away, I know how close y'all were and I got to meet the man one time on WiiUChat. It will be something we all have to endure at some point stay strong. I'll continue to pray for you and your family.
damn, did I miss this somewhere in the thread? I am so sorry LSB.
@TheAmazingLSB - I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.
This I did not expect, thank you guys for caring....

Please try to enjoy your E3 and stuff this year.... I wasn't trying to blow this up and bum everybody out right before the festivities....

So please, just try and enjoy your weekend.... I'm sorry for bringing more bad news to this place....

Truth is, I wasn't sure it would matter to anyone here anymore considering the circumstances of my recent departure....

So I wasn't going to post about it, but seeing Travis's post last night promted me to think there might be some people here it could matter to....

And Travis having so recently lost his dad, I thought he might understand what I'm going through....

Never meant for this to make it into the CT....

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
This is what I expected....

This I did not expect, thank you guys for caring....

Please try to enjoy your E3 and stuff this year.... I wasn't trying to blow this up and bum everybody out right before the festivities....

So please, just try and enjoy your weekend.... I'm sorry for bringing more bad news to this place....

Truth is, I wasn't sure it would matter to anyone here anymore considering the circumstances of my recent departure....

So I wasn't going to post about it, but seeing Travis's post last night promted me to think there might be some people here it could matter to....

And Travis having so recently lost his dad, I thought he might understand what I'm going through....

Never meant for this to make it into the CT....
don't feel bad about it, I'm glad I know, and I am sure everyone else is too. It doesn't really bum me out so much as it brings up a protective instinct in me, I just hope you and yours are doing okay, and I want you to know we are here for you. Stay strong!

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
I have been to that club before. Historically, gay clubs are very safe places. No fights, people just having a good time. Pulse was no different.
Hopefully we learn something about the why in all of this.

Shoulder

I woke up less than an hour ago, and I find out about the tragedy in Orlando. What in the ever flying fuck is going on here? :mfacepalm:

*sigh*

Well, to bring things in a slightly higher note, I had my 10-year HS reunion last night, and I went in at first wondering who'd even recognize me. So I spent almost an hour walking about, seeing some familar faces, but still kept my distance. At this point, I realized no one probably knows who I am, so I finally stepped up and re-introduce myself to people, and only then did it sink in. Well, I should say sink in because lots of people did not believe me when I told them who I was. I apparently changed so much in the last 10 years, I was almost unidentifiable. Between the lack of hair, the loss in weight, being more sociable, etc, it was a stark contrast to who I used to be back in the day, and honestly I was both flattered, and overall felt damn good about that. You could say some people were...quite envious of how much I changed physically, socially, and mentally. I strongly believe a few of the guys I remember even had a man crush on me last night, although that could've been the alcohol talking... Felt like I was back on TNE land again...

In the end, we lost the baseball game (but was too busy chit-chatting to care), went to a couple different bars, had some drinks, shot the shit, and developed some new friendships. Who says HS reunions can't be a good thing? You just have to give no fucks about it. :mthumb:

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I woke up less than an hour ago, and I find out about the tragedy in Orlando. What in the ever flying fuck is going on here? :mfacepalm:

*sigh*

Well, to bring things in a slightly higher note, I had my 10-year HS reunion last night, and I went in at first wondering who'd even recognize me. So I spent almost an hour walking about, seeing some familar faces, but still kept my distance. At this point, I realized no one probably knows who I am, so I finally stepped up and re-introduce myself to people, and only then did it sink in. Well, I should say sink in because lots of people did not believe me when I told them who I was. I apparently changed so much in the last 10 years, I was almost unidentifiable. Between the lack of hair, the loss in weight, being more sociable, etc, it was a stark contrast to who I used to be back in the day, and honestly I was both flattered, and overall felt damn good about that. You could say some people were...quite envious of how much I changed physically, socially, and mentally. I strongly believe a few of the guys I remember even had a man crush on me last night, although that could've been the alcohol talking... Felt like I was back on TNE land again...

In the end, we lost the baseball game (but was too busy chit-chatting to care), went to a couple different bars, had some drinks, shot the shit, and developed some new friendships. Who says HS reunions can't be a good thing? You just have to give no fucks about it. :mthumb:
That's awesome Shoulder good on you!!!

I'm super chillin here on vacation. Last night I had literally one of the most therapudic nights I've ever had in my life. We got a penthouse and we are the highest point on the island.

We went up there last night and OMG! It was nothing but stars, 20 mph cool breeze and just amazingly freshening and relaxing. Stayed up there from about 8-1am it is gonna be my spot for the duration of this trip.

Shoulder

That's awesome Shoulder good on you!!!

I'm super chillin here on vacation. Last night I had literally one of the most THERAPEUTIC nights I've ever had in my life. We got a penthouse and we are the highest point on the island.

We went up there last night and OMG! It was nothing but stars, 20 mph cool breeze and just amazingly freshening and relaxing. Stayed up there from about 8-1am it is gonna be my spot for the duration of this trip.
Fixed.

And thanks, man. Sounds like your trip is exactly what the doctor ordered. :mthumb:

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Fixed.

And thanks, man. Sounds like your trip is exactly what the doctor ordered. :mthumb:
Man it was just amazing, Absolutly amazing. I've been to a lot of places on this planet. But I haven't quite experienced the tranquility of last night, I can wait for the sun to go down tonight so I can experience it again. This is probably gonna be my full time vacation spot for real because of that.

Shoulder

Man it was just amazing, Absolutly amazing. I've been to a lot of places on this planet. But I haven't quite experienced the tranquility of last night, I can wait for the sun to go down tonight so I can experience it again. This is probably gonna be my full time vacation spot for real because of that.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
Please, please you guys, just drop all the fighting.... It will accomplish nothing....

I cared about what happened to me here, but then my dad died, and now I have to take care of that, and I don't really care about what happened anymore, because my dad is dead....

Ok....

So please, just stop it....

I can barely post right now because of how upset I am still....

Just please you guys....

You don't have to get along....

But don't fight over me....

I can't be here to break all this up right now.... I can barely function at all atm....

Please, please you guys, just drop all the fighting.... It will accomplish nothing....

I cared about what happened to me here, but then my dad died, and now I have to take care of that, and I don't really care about what happened anymore, because my dad is dead....

Ok....

So please, just stop it....

I can barely post right now because of how upset I am still....

Just please you guys....

You don't have to get along....

But don't fight over me....

I can't be here to break all this up right now.... I can barely function at all atm....
I...didn't know what happened until recently, my...deepest condolences to you and your family :( If you want to talk about it in a PM to me, by all means, okay?

Well this is a new low for TNE. Holy shit, I never even saw anything this bad on IGN, which is a horibble place in my opinion.

@the_randomizer @thekiller7 your disgusting language and homophobic slurs are simply never acceptable in any public forum, I don't care how upset or angry or whatever you are. I hope you are ashamed with yourselves once the heat of the moment has passed.

Now can someone please delete the last 80 or so posts, for the benefit of other community members who haven't been unfortunate enough to witness this... whatever it is.

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
You guys are being wimps about this shit.
Deleting posts and shit.
You all fit in with the SJW bullshit that's fucking the world up and trying to take speech rights away.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Now can someone please delete the last 80 or so posts, for the benefit of other community members who haven't been unfortunate enough to witness this... whatever it is.
Gladly.

You want to attack each other personally, take it to a PM, guys.
You guys are being wimps about this shit.
Deleting posts and shit.
You all fit in with the SJW bullshit that's fucking the world up and taking speech rights away.
There are pretty simple rules here. I've already said that I will delete posts that turn into aggressive personal attacks, regardless of who posts them.

Last edited:

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I only came back here to defuse the situation Matt himself started on IGN in the the CT there with these guys, not even me....

I never wanted to talk about any of this today....

I imagine though, if your fearless leader Matt had just not come over to IGN looking for trouble, it wouldn't have followed him back here....

I kinda got pulled into discussing what happened to me simply because the way Matt said stuff went down is just not the truth....

I don't know why Killer and random would use, or condone the use of homophobic slurs or any of that kind of behavior.... It really is not a good way to express yourself, regardless of how angry one is....

I have really good friends that are gay, and I honestly didn't appriciate that either so....

You guys just keep Matt from starting shit on IGN for fun with these guys, and the BS probably won't follow you back here....

About the only advice I could give you about that....

You don't want trouble with the people of IGN, leave them be....

That community doesn't need your fake sympathy, nor does it care about the drama on TNE....

Your best bet is just to keep your IGN hating opinions here.... Cause, imo, they are not welcome on IGN any longer....

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
Furthermore I don't give a fuck if I'm banned here or there or anywhere.
I do this shit for fun and I'm glad I piss you guys off. Everything was fine till mattevillian came and started shit. So I'll keep at it till I'm banned. Be a fucking pussy and ban already.
You treat my friend LSB like a slave and also fuck isturbo up the asshole cause he said one fucking thing defending himself. Not even a warning, just a straight up permaban cause you're fucking scared of him that he'll shape the boards to his liking. Instapermaban is being a fucking little pussy ass bitch about it.

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
But most of you here are the typical pussy SJW punks crying about every little thing when shit seems to hit the fan.
You'll take the little girl approach and delete this anyways. Can't face the fucking music cause your too thin skinned to take it like it is.

But most of you here are the typical pussy SJW punks crying about every little thing when shit seems to hit the fan.
You'll take the little girl approach and delete this anyways. Can't face the fucking music cause your too thin skinned to take it like it is.
damn son, you take the internet way too seriously. The internet is not America, you delusional jackass. And there is so much leeway here its unbelievable, but we do wish to have some civility and common courtesy.
Its a fucking funny thing, you dodging a ban on IGN, mods saying to take it to the PMs, and then you hopping the fuck off like a good little boy.
TNE is not your PM. I know you treat it like this from time to time. Dont say Matt had no say in assuming you would pop back in here after you got banned on IGN, you do it all the time, or at least complain about it. We even have a damn thread dedicated to such postings thanks to you and random's annoyances.

so you can fuck off with that nonsense.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I apologize for exciting the IGN Task force and bringing this into the CT.

Again just like every other time the business you hope dosent spill over but sadly sometime it does and people take it personally.

Today I was pretty feed up with it and if they wanted to try and talk facts then cool I was about it. Did I poke a prod aswell, yes I did but I Wasent gonna be drug thru the mud any longer for doing everything for LSB in my power. So I don't feel bad about any of that that I've done for him.

The mods are deciding how long my ban is gonna be exciting and bringing disruption to the community. And on that I apologize to you all I am very sorry.

I...think I'm going to vomit from my panic attack....I may or may not come back; I've overstepped my boundaries, big time, and incontrovertibly, made it on many of the staff members' hate list (possibly even their hit lists). I'm no longer welcome here, I'm public enemy no. 1, I've said extremely inappropriate and very slanderous insults, of which none of them are even remotely true. I don't know what's going to happen, I don't know what's wrong with me, and moreover, I have a problem, a huge problem with anger management (or the lack thereof). Having said that, I'm on the verge of tears and losing to paralytic anxiety, I normally never talk like that in real life, online gives me a false sense of anonymity and just because I can act one day, it doesn't justify anything I say or do. Anyways, I doubt that I can return, and may as well ready my head for the executioner's ax above the basket. Farewell. :(

Koenig

The Architect
I have not kept of with this thread the past few days so I don't know what has all gone down here, but I do know this: I consider the people here on TNE as extensions of my family. I do not want to see anyone leaving that family because of what has happened, so for what little it worth I ask ALL OF YOU.

Please, do not leave.

I have not kept of with this thread the past few days so I don't know what has all gone down here, but I do know this: I consider the people here on TNE as extensions of my family. I do not want to see anyone leaving that family because of what has happened, so for what little it worth I ask ALL OF YOU.

Please, do not leave.
I...don't know how to feel or react at this point, given my outburst, my very damnably immature diatribe this morning. Undoubtedly I've angered many to the point of wondering if people really would miss me on here, but it seems that not everyone hates me for what I did, so I can take consolation in that.

I...don't know how to feel or react at this point, given my outburst, my very damnably immature diatribe this morning. Undoubtedly I've angered many to the point of wondering if people really would miss me on here, but it seems that not everyone hates me for what I did, so I can take consolation in that.
First off, I don't mean to overstep here at all.

That said, you gotta stop beating yourself up. Mental health is a messed up thing, I know from experience. But really, in this situation, you're sorta bringing it upon yourself. You use harsh words like "Lakitu" to people here, then hours later you regret it. Easiest way to deal with regret is to not do the thing in the first place.

No one here hates you. As fried said, this board has so much leeway it's insane.

As for the anger, just don't post. I came here today after weeks or months of not really posting here, and I see this fucking pathetic mess AGAIN. I got upset and wanted to post, but I didn't. I closed TNE and played Splatoon with fried. I know it's hard to ignore shit like this, but just walk away, calm down, collect yourself, then see it from everyone's point of view. That's what I do now.

So just relax.

Gun violence comes from bad food.

Gun laws dont prevent mass murder, people who want guns in japan still find ways to get guns, they just dont wanna shoot the fuck out of people because they're not unstable americans drinking fracking water.

Shoulder

I...think I'm going to vomit from my panic attack....I may or may not come back; I've overstepped my boundaries, big time, and incontrovertibly, made it on many of the staff members' hate list (possibly even their hit lists). I'm no longer welcome here, I'm public enemy no. 1, I've said extremely inappropriate and very slanderous insults, of which none of them are even remotely true. I don't know what's going to happen, I don't know what's wrong with me, and moreover, I have a problem, a huge problem with anger management (or the lack thereof). Having said that, I'm on the verge of tears and losing to paralytic anxiety, I normally never talk like that in real life, online gives me a false sense of anonymity and just because I can act one day, it doesn't justify anything I say or do. Anyways, I doubt that I can return, and may as well ready my head for the executioner's ax above the basket. Farewell. :(
Just for the record, NO one on TNE is ever public enemy #1, let alone an enemy. Unlike some places out there, we will not hold grudges for eternity. We are willing to move on, kiss and make up, handshake, whatever, and have things go back to what they once were.

One of the worst things you can do in life is hold a grudge against others indefinitely. It holds you back, prevents closure, and in my experience, just keeps you from moving on in your life. You don't have to continue to be friends with the person necessarily, but accepting each others faults, and saying, "We're good," and "This is where we respectfully part ways," is a lot better than simply saying, "I'm done. Fuck you guys, and hope you get a giant dildo shoved down your throat." You get the idea.

Whether it's a real life encounter with an individual, or a group of people on a gaming forum, it doesn't help both parties to leave on bad terms. Let me be clear though, this is what I choose to believe and follow in life. If I had continued to hold a grudge with people, I never would've went to my HS Reunion over the weekend, and I'm thoroughly glad I did. It was as though the past was just that, in the past. We all hung out, had a great time, and also reconnected with some people that I'll continue to keep in touch with because of it. That alone made it worth it.

If this is where you truly do say goodbye, then all I'll say is best of luck to you, and your endeavors, Random. :mthumb:

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
So I logged on this morning to post about what the shooting in Orlando yesterday was like for me personally, what it means for me going forward, acknowledging that I knew someone who was murdered.
But now doesn't seem like the time.

So, I'll say that I hope everyone has a great Monday, and from me to you - know that you are loved.

Odo

Watch Dogs 2 officially got announced with trailers and developer interviews.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but all Ubisoft games now are kinda cringe. They usually have a zany character that tries to hard to be the comic relief, and everything I've seen so far of WD2 has the whole "this is what kids are like these days yeah?" vibe.

I still sorta want to try Watch Dogs, make an opinion for myself, but it's a damn shame Ubisoft is it's own genre now. Hell, even Ghost Recon is going open world and there's no good reason for that other than "we want that Ass Creed money on every game now"

Visually looks appealing imo but it's Ubi, it'll probably be shitty tween drama. "Like, omg the man is totally bringing my vibe down.

Hell, even in the developer interview someone says "lolzy". Arrrgh fuck sakes.
Why is every game so full of colours these days?

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
So I logged on this morning to post about what the shooting in Orlando yesterday was like for me personally, what it means for me going forward, acknowledging that I knew someone who was murdered.

So, I'll say that I hope everyone has a great Monday, and from me to you - know that you are loved.
I'm sorry for the lose of someone you knew in that ignorant rampage. Love you aswell Sjm

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen

Stay strong