The Great CT - Community Thread

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
So I logged on this morning to post about what the shooting in Orlando yesterday was like for me personally, what it means for me going forward, acknowledging that I knew someone who was murdered.
But now doesn't seem like the time.

So, I'll say that I hope everyone has a great Monday, and from me to you - know that you are loved.
I'm sorry, SJ. What happened in Orlando was unforgivable. I can only hope that, in the future, that kind of mentality dies off

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Sorry to hear about that @sjmartin79, my thoughts are with you.

Everything about this attack is disgusting, from the act itself to the way the media and presidential candidates have handled it. The only thing we can really do is be our best selves so that we don't turn ourselves, and those around us, into the kinds of assholes that would commit these kinds of atrocities.

So I logged on this morning to post about what the shooting in Orlando yesterday was like for me personally, what it means for me going forward, acknowledging that I knew someone who was murdered.

So, I'll say that I hope everyone has a great Monday, and from me to you - know that you are loved.
Hey, take it easy, take as much time as you need to cope with this, okay? I know what it's like to have ones close to you die, it hurts, but we're here for you.

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
E3 sucks when nintendo losses interest... Only thing that excited me was the new South park game

Edit : anybody else just feel depressed that their interests and those of the industry are nowhere near the same page... Felt that way since the west to over the industry and Japan either followed their lead or went mobile free to play

Man oh man
so you guys seen ads for that movie Central Intelligence, with the Rock and Kevin Hart?
Well, tagline plays off their real life names: Saving the world takes a little Hart and a big Johnson
Its a bit stupid because no one calls him fucking Dwayne Johnson, he's The Rock. Was talking with my brother about this, who brought it up, and in one fucking second we came up with a similar tagline using the iconic Rock nickname: The fate of the world, caught between a Rock and a Hart place. ONE FUCKING SECOND TO COME UP WITH THAT. Advertisers are goddamn lazy fucks.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
E3 sucks when nintendo losses interest... Only thing that excited me was the new South park game

Edit : anybody else just feel depressed that their interests and those of the industry are nowhere near the same page... Felt that way since the west to over the industry and Japan either followed their lead or went mobile free to play
I'm in your boat Mighty.

theMightyME

Man oh man
so you guys seen ads for that movie Central Intelligence, with the Rock and Kevin Hart?
Well, tagline plays off their real life names: Saving the world takes a little Hart and a big Johnson
Its a bit stupid because no one calls him fucking Dwayne Johnson, he's The Rock. Was talking with my brother about this, who brought it up, and in one fucking second we came up with a similar tagline using the iconic Rock nickname: The fate of the world, caught between a Rock and a Hart place. ONE FUCKING SECOND TO COME UP WITH THAT. Advertisers are goddamn lazy fucks.
Saving the world means having a Hart, and Rock hard erection

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord

I'm sorry to hear about that. In my first year of university, I found out via a Facebook post that one of my friends from high school had been murdered during the previous night. I felt very sunken for a considerable amount of time, after that.

If you want to talk about anything, hit me up, but don't feel obligated to.

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
Man oh man
Ever since "Walking Tall", he's been regularly known as "Dwayne the Rock Johnson".

Also, I'm sorry, but I like theirs better than yours.

theMightyME

Ever since "Walking Tall", he's been regularly known as "Dwayne the Rock Johnson".

Also, I'm sorry, but I like theirs better than yours.
I don't find an issue either... but why not sue it as an opportunity to make our own pun tag lines? lol

"prepare your Hart, Dwayne your Johnson, and get ready to Rock"

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Man oh man
I call him Dwayne Johnson, and have been for awhile now. I also don't watch wrestling so maybe that has something to do with it. t;s what he prefers to be called professionally these days, and I don't blame him. The name has more appeal imo.

Shoulder

yall crazy, his twitter is The Rock, over a billion followers. He aint Dwayne.
Even though his Twitter handle is The Rock, he still lists his actual name on Twitter. So, if nothing else, we're both right. From a professional standpoint in his movies, it's Dwayne Johnson. Only when he's ever mentioned in wrestling is it The Rock, which I get. But professionally, he's Dwayne Johnson. Deal with it.

I remember a few years ago, he was listed as Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, which I looked at as his transitional phase from his stage name to his real name. Now he refers to himself as simply Dwayne Johnson.

Even though his Twitter handle is The Rock, he still lists his actual name on Twitter. So, if nothing else, we're both right. From a professional standpoint in his movies, it's Dwayne Johnson. Only when he's ever mentioned in wrestling is it The Rock, which I get. But professionally, he's Dwayne Johnson. Deal with it.

I remember a few years ago, he was listed as Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, which I looked at as his transitional phase from his stage name to his real name. Now he refers to himself as simply Dwayne Johnson.
lol no
When he first started acting he immediately took to referring to himself as Dwayne Johnson. It took him a short time to realize that this was not working for him, so he fired his PR and marketing people that had told him this was the right way to go and hired new people, and he became more fluid with his acknowledgement of The Rock. Its probably more fluid now that he's reached megastar levels though. whatevs.

Shoulder

lol no
When he first started acting he immediately took to referring to himself as Dwayne Johnson. It took him a short time to realize that this was not working for him, so he fired his PR and marketing people that had told him this was the right way to go and hired new people, and he became more fluid with his acknowledgement of The Rock. Its probably more fluid now that he's reached megastar levels though. whatevs.
Then explain to me because I'm clearly not well versed in these matters, why in all of his current movies is he referred to as Dwayne Johnson? Are you saying Dwayne Johnson (which is his real name) is really a stage name, and The Rock is what he truly wants to be known as?

I've never known Dwayne Johnson as a wrestler because I couldn't give two shits about wrestling. I only know him as the actor. I knew he was in wrestling, but I don't associate him as that. Just my thoughts.

Odo

Beats me but I'm loving this trend. Last gen, so many games looked so bland

Sent from my SM-G920V using genital warts
To counter the deluge of grey and brown color palettes we here given for nearly an entire generation. I for one am fond of the change, but I worry that it too will become the next standard to pander to in complete negligence of the actual source material.
I know, right? I'm just questioning this because I wonder if it's some sort of faddish coming from the developer's artists or if it's related to the new versions of the game engines.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
First, let me thank all of you (@mattavelle1 @TheAmazingLSB @Wolven @repomech @EvilTw1n @simplyTravis @Superfakerbros @SkywardCrowbar @juegosmajicos @DarkDepths @Shoulder @the_randomizer @Odo and everyone else I may have forgotten to mention) for reaching out in a PM or in the CT or on Twitter. It means more than you know. I've always said that TNE is a family, and you guys have really shown that again.

I woke up Sunday morning, rolled over, and grabbed my phone like usual. Time to check email, news, facebook, and Twitter. It was about 7am, and there wasn't much going on on Facebook, but then I started seeing certain messages about Pulse in Orlando and a shooter. So, I switched to Huffington Post and began reading the horrible news. I was stunned. I had been to Pulse just a few months ago. This couldn't be right. Pulse was a safe place. There weren't ever fights there. Gay bars were a sanctuary for us. We could go there, have fun, be ourselves, and not have to care what anyone else thought or if our actions and affections were appropriate in this situation. But someone had turned this haven into a graveyard. As I read more and more, I just became numb. I was in shock that this could happen at some place I knew. In my life, tragedies happened at places I only read about... not places I was familiar with. I decided to come on TNE to post, but I couldn't really find the words. Later, I learned that Sarasota's own, Eddie Sotomayor Jr, had been one of the ones to die. Now there was a face to the tragedy, and it was a face I knew.

Throughout the day I kept reading and watching. That's when the tears came. And they didn't stop.

I was heartbroken for those that lost their lives and their families and friends. I was moved by the acts of heroism by those in the club and the first responders. My soul felt like it was missing a piece. That's when I realized... I was afraid.

For the last 16 years, I've lived my life very openly. Work, family, friends - everyone knew I was gay, and if that wasn't okay with them, then they didn't need to be around me. Being gay has meant that I deal with homophobia, name calling, hate speech, jokes, criticisms. I had learned to live with that. I knew who I was and what I was worth, and other people's opinions of me didn't affect who I was. Sure, it hurt, but hurt I could live with. This was new. For the first time in my life, I was afraid to be gay. This murderer killed 49 Americans and injured 53 more just because of who they loved. And if one man was willing to kill that many Americans for being gay, then there had to be others who were willing to do the same. I sat there on the couch, crying, Steve2 next to me, wondering how this tragedy was going to shape my life going forward. Did I need to change how I was in public? Did I need to look over my shoulder while out with friends? Should I cancel all social plans for the foreseeable future?

Thanks to Steve2, who really is the best husband in the world, I was feeling somewhat better by the time we went to bed. I didn't sleep well, but thanks to Tylenol PM, I was able to get some sleep. Monday brought a new dawn. Equality Florida was running a GoFundMe campaign for the victims and their families, which has raised over $3million. And I saw all the posts on Facebook in support. People changing their profile pics. I read the messages from around the world. I got all your messages and posts on here. I learned that Sarasota would be holding a candlelight vigil on Monday night for the victims and the LGBT community in general. I knew I had to attend. I could not let the fear win. I needed to be there with others who were feeling what I was feeling. The vigil was wonderful. For a small, conservative town, we had over 2000 people there. There were songs, prayers, speeches, stories. But most of all, there was friendship and love. I cried at the vigil, but it wasn't out of fear or loss. I can't put a name to it, but it was healing.

The fear faded, and life came back into focus - I am not alone. We are not alone. We're in this together. I am supported. I am loved. All things I knew, but the actions of one madman made me lose sight of these facts for a bit.

Edit: Here is a photo from last night. (Fun fact, you can see me turned around, not facing the stage, for some reason, in the left hand side of the picture a little below the pride flag. You can see my blue shirt and blond hair.)

Last edited:

GamingFreak1988

The Platformer Guru
This is the first e3 since I started watching that I didn't go out of my way to watch, so I missed a lot. anywho could someone give me like a short paragraph of what the zelda game was like? I'll watch the video later when i have the time.

I'm most probably not going to post most of my thoughts about this mass shooting, even though I kinda want to. I still feel extraordinarily shitty about it, and I think I know why. There were over 365 mass shootings in the US last year, but being thousands of miles away in a completely different culture, I'm generally pretty numb to it all. But the first thought I had on Sunday night when I heard about it was "shit, SJ is in Florida. There's a possibility that he may well have been there." I had to get home and log on here to check that he was ok. That connection, along with the sheer horror of the severity and the nature of the attack (over 100 people killed or injured in the most disgusting assault rifle slaughter I can imagine) has really brought this one home to me. It has affected me way more than I thought anything like this might. US, please please use this as a catalyst to sort out your horribly broken gun laws, and your frankly bizarre obsession with gun ownership. And please please do not let your politicians twist this into a way of further persecuting muslims and pushing their nationalistic and xenophobic agendas. Ugh, still feel shitty.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I'm most probably not going to post most of my thoughts about this mass shooting, even though I kinda want to. I still feel extraordinarily shitty about it, and I think I know why. There were over 365 mass shootings in the US last year, but being thousands of miles away in a completely different culture, I'm generally pretty numb to it all. But the first thought I had on Sunday night when I heard about it was "shit, SJ is in Florida. There's a possibility that he may well have been there." I had to get home and log on here to check that he was ok. That connection, along with the sheer horror of the severity and the nature of the attack (over 100 people killed or injured in the most disgusting assault rifle slaughter I can imagine) has really brought this one home to me. It has affected me way more than I thought anything like this might. US, please please use this as a catalyst to sort out your horribly broken gun laws, and your frankly bizarre obsession with gun ownership. And please please do not let your politicians twist this into a way of further persecuting muslims and pushing their nationalistic and xenophobic agendas. Ugh, still feel shitty.
On this note I read where this weekend in Chicago 45 people were shot and killed.........then I read that this is almost every weekend in Chicago. And that Chicago crime is so bad that they should consider declaring a state of emergency. But we don't hear about that at all, my wife being brought up in Chi was the only reason we knew these stats.

Now this dosent undermind what happened in Florida, but it shows where the political worlds cares are out and how they can twist things. Gay night club with many killed by a "possible sympathizer of ISIS" vs. black on black crime for the most part every weekend in Chicago. We all know which one wins out in the media and that's all by the wants of the political world.

theMightyME

On this note I read where this weekend in Chicago 45 people were shot and killed.........then I read that this is almost every weekend in Chicago. And that Chicago crime is so bad that they should consider declaring a state of emergency. But we don't hear about that at all, my wife being brought up in Chi was the only reason we knew these stats.

Now this dosent undermind what happened in Florida, but it shows where the political worlds cares are out and how they can twist things. Gay night club with many killed by a "possible sympathizer of ISIS" vs. black on black crime for the most part every weekend in Chicago. We all know which one wins out in the media and that's all by the wants of the political world.
there is a difference though, between a mass of shootings, and a mass shooting

there is a difference though, between a mass of shootings, and a mass shooting
You here more crazy shit out of florida because we have a law where we must report things.

How does one person manage to kill over 50 people though?

Like shit its crazy on the stats chart, he shot up 1/3 of the club and over half of those people died. 53+ dead is nuts

Reactionary politics wont solve anything. We need some cold hard logic in our law making process cause its woefully bereft of any logic at all.

This is the first e3 since I started watching that I didn't go out of my way to watch, so I missed a lot. anywho could someone give me like a short paragraph of what the zelda game was like? I'll watch the video later when i have the time.
Well....

It's amazing. The runes are brilliant. Multiple world changing/elemental tools all tied to one item. It's basically what I wanted. Something simple to use, with endless depth that affects the whole world. Using runes in tandem with nature gives you functional gameplay uses for fire, water, grass, stone, metal, air, time, etc. And the shrines you get runes from are properly designed puzzles complete with wordless tutorials for early puzzles, and since there's over 100 of them, they'll clearly evolve in complexity as the game goes on. It's not procedurally generated nonsense.

And I love that the free climbing still has limitations. More like Shadow of the Colossus and not Assassin's Creed. That along with the sailcloth requiring stamina is a great way naturally gate off the world, rather than artificially. Yeah, you can go wherever you want, but you may not have enough stamina to scale that cliff right now. But, you could maybe scale it if you find the optimal path, or find a high point far away and sail to it, but if you can't figure it out on your own, then you can't get there yet.

Enemy diversity and combat seems well improved. I saw that the bigger enemies did significant damage, and enemies like the stalfos were very creative in their different animations and interactions. Even the simple chuchu's seemed to have different effects based on how you approached them (the snow chuchu seemed to explode if you killed them normally, but melt if you hit them with fire. To me this implied that if you use close range combat on them you'll get hurt by their final explosion, but can circumvent that wit fire). It looked a little stiff at first, but the more they got into it the more variety it seemed to have. And of course, the natural stealth and the temperature effects seemed like great ways to use the open space for more fun scenarios.

Annnnnnd, of course, I don't enjoy having the map on screen (hopefully you can get rid of that), but it was great that you had to set your own custom map markers by surveying the land, MGSV style. So far their approach to map design seems much better than the average open world game.

It's better than I ever expected it to be. Hope it has a Hero mode from the start.

Stasis, man.... It's wonderful.

Read this thread if you want a good catch up on everything that was in Zelda

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1233823

Game looks fucking ACE.

Got dem JC2/3 Level Physicis in my ZELDA

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
I've been pondering whether to take advantage of the "sales" Nintendo currently have on the eshop. Pondering whether or not I should spend the cash and purchase one of the titles on sale for my brother; between Majora's Mask, Monster Hunter or Paper Jam. And then I remembered Nintendo doesn't accept my Mastercard, and having to go through all the trouble to purchase those eshop credit things just banished the thought completely.

The new Legend of the Colossal, Elder-dragon Souls of Zelda looks like so much fun, just from wandering around. I like that some enemies pretty much outright destroys you if you get too close. Looking forward to this.

Question: What motivates you to carry on a project to completion when all the motivation to start it in the first place has all but dried up?

I've been pondering whether to take advantage of the "sales" Nintendo currently have on the eshop. Pondering whether or not I should spend the cash and purchase one of the titles on sale for my brother; between Majora's Mask, Monster Hunter or Paper Jam. And then I remembered Nintendo doesn't accept my Mastercard, and having to go through all the trouble to purchase those eshop credit things just banished the thought completely.

The new Legend of the Colossal, Elder-dragon Souls of Zelda looks like so much fun, just from wandering around. I like that some enemies pretty much outright destroys you if you get too close. Looking forward to this.

Question: What motivates you to carry on a project to completion when all the motivation to start it in the first place has all but dried up?
Discipline boy.

Oh and Link, always Link.

Zelda's gone back to its roots, Zelda 1 roots with all the innovations that it's spearheaded/inspired in series like Dark Souls, Witcher, Skyrim coming back home to rest.

Seriously when's the lasst time that an open world game had lightning physics that shock you if you're running around with a metal sword? I feel like we're playing the Just Cause version of Zelda lmao. Sooo many fucking gaeplay elements its ridiculous. Nintendo is bringing their A game.

That horse jump to sail to bow looks freakin rockin!
I cant wait to get my hands on this game and experiment with everything like I did in the first zelda, they're gonna be so much emergent gameplay and stories that are uniquely ours, the player, just from figuring out how we as an individual play. I was laughing soooo hard at Chico's savagery yesterday, going nuts with the fire and being sneaky AF, throwing her sword and using the magnet to cut down far away enemies. Girl is AWESOME.

PLUS the story is gonna be metroid style, plus speed runners can basically finish the game without even beating the story, NAKED to boot!

https://www.facebook.com/1527876010826228/videos/1737565679857259/

Nah Man I said E3 lol, I meant E3.

That new IP that's fro the directo of the The Mana series looks awesome. More 3DS games are awesome. I'm probably going to buy an Xbone S too.

That being said, this is the biggest take away from E3 hands down.

Legit amazed Nintendo fucking dominated with 5 hours of one fucking game lmao!

Im gonna get sun and moon and we happy fe though for sure!Still seing how good Horizon is gonn be.

Last edited: