The Great CT - Community Thread

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
So, question for all of you here. If on the off-chance Treyarch's new COD game (which has been rumored to be BLOPS3) were to come to the Wii U, would you all buy it?

We also do have Devil's Third to consider, but there's no release at all for that game, whereas COD always comes out a week or so before Thanksgiving. I hope we'll see something more concrete at E3, concerning DT.
If it's out on Wii U, definitely. Only reason I jumped on the bandwagon last year was the sci-fi-backpacks they added.

praisegrima

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
So, question for all of you here. If on the off-chance Treyarch's new COD game (which has been rumored to be BLOPS3) were to come to the Wii U, would you all buy it?

We also do have Devil's Third to consider, but there's no release at all for that game, whereas COD always comes out a week or so before Thanksgiving. I hope we'll see something more concrete at E3, concerning DT.
I'll get BLOPS3 for WiiU yeah. And I'll also get Devils Third. Man I'm hoping devils third this steller. It looks so zany I need this to work out.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.

FriedShoes said:
alternative
"Allahu akbar"
I heard that like 10 times while playing it for the first time online last night.

So does this game have real co-op multiplayer after all, as in, people controlling different characters and questing together (like in Borderlands or Secret of Mana)? Everything I saw in that video looked like those silly hunters-for-hire quests in Monster Hunter, where you're never really playing with someone else. It's all these cute new online single player systems, but I don't see any online or local questing and hunting. I hope that's not the case, cause Monolithsoft already did it with freaking Soma Bringer, just not online.
(Terrible video quality, but you can tell it's multiplayer because the characters are moving independently.)

Odo

I'm muting everything about Xeno X. I don't want to now.

The first day I'll play it is going to be full of wonderful surprises.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.

Because I'm an idiot, I'd probably consider it.

COD is the McDonald's of FPS. It's reliably good enough. There's always something wrong with it (not enough ketchup, they forgot to leave pickles off, the lettuce is all crunchy white iceberg), but not enough to make me stop eating. It's cheap, always convenient, the sweet tea is better than it has any right to be, and chicken nuggets need no explanation.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
Most of the people in the management office are out today, but me. I'm fighting a battle between having an easy day and getting a ton of work done since I won't have anyone to interrupt me.
And at the same time, my mind keeps wandering towards knowing that Xenoblade 3D is waiting for me at home and that we're going out for a night on the town tonight.

Just thankful it's Friday! Have a great weekend TNE!

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Most of the people in the management office are out today, but me. I'm fighting a battle between having an easy day and getting a ton of work done since I won't have anyone to interrupt me.
And at the same time, my mind keeps wandering towards knowing that Xenoblade 3D is waiting for me at home and that we're going out for a night on the town tonight.

Just thankful it's Friday! Have a great weekend TNE!
This sounds just like @EvilTw1n and why he will work on the weekends sometimes. For nice peace and quite.

Because I'm an idiot, I'd probably consider it.

COD is the McDonald's of FPS. It's reliably good enough. There's always something wrong with it (not enough ketchup, they forgot to leave pickles off, the lettuce is all crunchy white iceberg), but not enough to make me stop eating. It's cheap, always convenient, the sweet tea is better than it has any right to be, and chicken nuggets need no explanation.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1026589

"Allahu akbar"
I heard that like 10 times while playing it for the first time online last night.

So does this game have real co-op multiplayer after all, as in, people controlling different characters and questing together (like in Borderlands or Secret of Mana)? Everything I saw in that video looked like those silly hunters-for-hire quests in Monster Hunter, where you're never really playing with someone else. It's all these cute new online single player systems, but I don't see any online or local questing and hunting. I hope that's not the case, cause Monolithsoft already did it with freaking Soma Bringer, just not online.
(Terrible video quality, but you can tell it's multiplayer because the characters are moving independently.)
From what I saw, there are instanced monster killing quests similar to the Raids in Destiny. You'll party up with 3 different members of your group and tackle that together. Other than those things, I dont think there is any real co-op, so drop the idea of riding mechs together across the vast world.
We can create a union/clan of some kind and fill it up with pretty much everyone here. Quests done on your own time tally up collectively to unlock those co-op super missions. You can leave DaS like messages in the field. You can trade items with your homies. That's all I could pretty much gather, waiting for subtitles now.

I'll never understand media blackouts on video games, especially important things like how the game plays. It'd be one thing if you were blocking out the story (which there practically is none in this game).

Finished work for now, will do some again in the summer. And by summer I mean June time, yesterday and today were basically summer. It was cray, got sun burnt and everything.

Bringing the Wii U to a friends tomorrow, gun b gud. Smash, Kart, Game & Wario, NintendoLand. Nintendo are so fracking good at local multi.

Odo

I'll never understand media blackouts on video games, especially important things like how the game plays. It'd be one thing if you were blocking out the story (which there practically is none in this game).
It's totally personal.

When I'm sure that I'll love the game, I just don't care about their features, controls, characters, armours, customisation, etc. I'll enjoy it much more when I play it.

Odo

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/3DS/Pokemon+Rumble+World/news.asp?c=64781

Nintendo's latest free to play game - Pokemon Rumble World for 3DS - has a hard limit on how much real world cash you can spend. And the game removes some of its barriers if you hit the limit.

Over on Reddit, user Mitosis says "once you purchase 3000 gems you are barred from spending any more money at all. From then on you receive a drip of 20 gems per day, and the stage refresh and roulette bypass purchases are discounted."

Essentially, the game stops becoming a monetisation machine and changes to become more like a traditional paid game with fewer barriers to your play.

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/3DS/Pokemon Rumble World/news.asp?c=64781

Nintendo's latest free to play game - Pokemon Rumble World for 3DS - has a hard limit on how much real world cash you can spend. And the game removes some of its barriers if you hit the limit.

Over on Reddit, user Mitosis says "once you purchase 3000 gems you are barred from spending any more money at all. From then on you receive a drip of 20 gems per day, and the stage refresh and roulette bypass purchases are discounted."

Essentially, the game stops becoming a monetisation machine and changes to become more like a traditional paid game with fewer barriers to your play.
I did not expect this. I must admit, I had all intention of hating this game, but I downloaded it anyway before my 3DS wifi bit the dust and I must say it's a good time waster. I always get disappointed when a spent all of the gems/hearts. The game is ridiculously loose. There's no time limit, and no major restricting feature. I thought it would've worn out on me but it keeps me playing....at least until I'm barred from it.

On another note, this song doesn't seem to be letting up in my head. It's been going on all day.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Huh. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. It's Treyarch, and they have more experience with Nintendo consoles than IW or Sledgehammer. Damnit, now my hopes are kind of getting up.
Yeah after checkin that link I thought "can this be true?" I don't wanna hope, but I know CoD has the things I love. Like VoiceChat with your friends, a lot of different ways to control scheme, fun and mindless most of the time.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
This sounds just like @EvilTw1n and why he will work on the weekends sometimes. For nice peace and quite.
Agreed. There are times at work on Saturdays where it's just myself, and my boss takes the day off because there's nothing much going on, but we have to have someone from the company there at the site. So it's very relaxing and low-key, and it's usually all overtime hours anyway. Cha-ching!

Tomorrow is actually slightly different with a 1200 cu. yd concrete roof pour, and collecting a sample set every 150 cu. yds, and the rate of pouring will be around 200-250 yds/hour. So, it'll likely be collect a sample, do the tests, make the cylinders, put them in the cure box, clean up the equipment, and repeat 7 more times. Should be a fun day.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
you're gonna love it more when they add in amiibo support for custom weapon skins.
Alright, now I'm mega-hyped.
That makes me wonder if more 3rd party games on Wii U (or any future platform) would sell better if Amiibo support were added. I'm inclined to think it would.

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

There's no reason to do that, this game has literally everything in it so you'll forget half of it by the time it comes to play the game

@juegosmajicos
Looks really good. The online stuff is made to be completely optional but still fit within the logic of the game world. A lot of social stuff, basically a mix of Dragon's Dogma's pawns, Demon's Souls messages and covenants, and PSO style multiplayer questing. What really impressed me is how substantial the Doll system is. Takahashi finally got to make a "real" mecha RPG! :D :D :D
My twitter feed and posts are littered with everything Xenoblade X right now. So much awesome shit on there right now, you can check it out if you want https://twitter.com/Valhalla_Nights

NOW LETS ROLL OUT JAPAN, GET STEPPING ON THAT XENOBLADE X WII u BuNDUru!! http://playeressence.com/japanese-v...ronicles-x-presentation-98-positive-feedback/

Last edited:

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Capcom and Sony seem to be real snug lately. Just look at that Street Fighter 5 dealio, and the crazy half-million dollar prize pool they're putting into the Capcom Pro Tour for Ultra Street Fighter 4 this year.
http://www.dailydot.com/esports/capcom-street-fighter-momochi-xian/
I feel like Capcom is spreading itself to be most effective with it's IPs for certain consoles.

Just for example.

Sony gets SF
MS gets Dead Rising
Nintendo gets Monster Hunter

I think instead of just multi console development. It seems they are being very specific I reckon to try and maximize profits.

Just an opionion from sight.

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

Revelations 2 was greenlighted for the Ps3-360-ps4-bone first, since PS4 -> vita ports are kind of easy they were able to do that.

They decided to target western sales first and foremost with the sequel hence it not being on the 3DS as the PS360Bone4u has a higher install base.

But they left out the U.

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

Here's to Xenoblade X blowing me away with its awesome Fallout style Structure, Awesome cutscene direction, and riveting narrative like the RPGs I played within my formative years @FriedShoes

I find it interesting that Golden Sun 1 and 2 made me like Zelda less but Dark Dawn improved my appreciation of all other 3 games lol! I'd say my favorite thing about dark dawn was the romance and the kickass dungeon designs, game was kind of short though, real easy to cheese your way through half of it because the darkened monsters gave shitloads of Exp. Loved the post game content tho.

GOOD LORD THESE GIFS @LightsaberBlues http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=159689899#post159689899

Last edited:

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
Capcom and Sony seem to be real snug lately. Just look at that Street Fighter 5 dealio, and the crazy half-million dollar prize pool they're putting into the Capcom Pro Tour for Ultra Street Fighter 4 this year.
http://www.dailydot.com/esports/capcom-street-fighter-momochi-xian/
They don't really have a choice. They're going at it the best they can. I feel their collaboration with Sony is slowly keeping them afloat.

On another note, I missed my chance to purchase that King of Fighters XIII: Steam edition. Another time, I guess. The rest of my spare change is going into Saga. And I finally got around to purchasing Bastion after illegally trying it out. And it's about time too, I almost forgot about that game. I'm gonna lose myself in it tonight.

repomech

resident remnant robot relic
This CT, this fuckin' CT. You're awesome.

Anyone perusing this thread on this fine day could do a lot worse in life than throwing on that Lazerhawk album that @LightsaberBlues posted, and then letting that wash over them as they soak in all these XCX mecha eye candy videos and gifs that @Laer_HeiSeiRyuu keeps posting. Oh, and as @juegosmajicos reminds us, whip up a batch of your preferred Pancakes, Waffles or French Toast to lay into while you're at it - for on a day like this all three can live in peace. In 2015 we call this...

SEXCX

It feels like an 80's vision of the future. Your dream machine. Believe it.

Aki

Started playing Bloodborne today. Just lost my first 8K bloodechos because I was playing like a dumbass trying to rush back to the area that I originally died in . . . man, fuck my life right now. Seriously, fuck it.

mantisLJD

The Human Metroid
Should I forgo purchasing the Mario Kart 8 DLC with my $20 Nintendo eShop card that i got for my birthday in order to purchase Splatoon on the eShop when it releases in May once my brother and I each buy another $20 card?

Last edited:

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Should I forgo purchasing the Mario Kart 8 DLC with my $20 Nintendo eShop card that i got for my birthday in order to purchase Splatoon on the eShop when it releases in May once my brother and I each buy another $20 card?
I would save that card for Splatoon, myself, but that's just me.

praisegrima

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I don't know why I already saw MH Stories compared to Scalebound twice already. We don't know anything about Scalebound, do we? Not a single screenshot, or any details of what it'll play like. It's just people's speculation, or am I wrong?

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.

...but yes, I'm intrigued...
I don't know why I already saw MH Stories compared to Scalebound twice already. We don't know anything about Scalebound, do we? Not a single screenshot, or any details of what it'll play like. It's just people's speculation, or am I wrong?
It's the whole "boy and his dragon" thing.

[And damn, people aren't gonna believe it, but I sent Matt and Majico a collab idea for an article on MH's potential to go more towards an RPG a few days ago.]

Last edited:

ASuch

The Salt Master
Oh my god, I literally just dreamed of the most fucking badass idea for a video game.

Refusing quest rewards. It's fucking perfect. Help out an NPC through a rough time, and you feel guilty about taking something from them? Refuse the reward. Have to collect 70 bear asses for some dickweed? Take the reward. JRPG's usually lack actual roleplaying in your characters, so this could actually be really interesting

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Oh my god, I literally just dreamed of the most fucking badass idea for a video game.

Refusing quest rewards. It's fucking perfect. Help out an NPC through a rough time, and you feel guilty about taking something from them? Refuse the reward. Have to collect 70 bear asses for some dickweed? Take the reward. JRPG's usually lack actual roleplaying in your characters, so this could actually be really interesting
I know I've played a game that does this, but I can't remember which one.